AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-14, 14:01   Link #21
Frontier

Taiyo has married into the Yozakura Family! He and Mutsumi are now husband and wife! He just now has to deal with the overprotective big brother who wants to kill him but will have to settle for just training him until he's the perfect spy husband .

The OP is pretty fun and lively, fitting for a Spy Family Sitcom with the Yozakura Family! And Mutsumi and Taiyo look great dressed up for their wedding !

Mutsumi making lunch in the morning is better than a Kyoichiro wake-up call...though his house blowing up definitely sets up how different Taiyo's lifestyle is now. Not that it's about him, but Mutsumi .

The Yozakura Family has history dating back to being ninja's of the Edo period, but while their blood carries innate superpowered abilities, there is always one child, the Head, who has no abilities but carries the genetics for the skilled offspring and leads the family. And that leader is Mutsumi, whom her family wants to protect even if she wasn't the center of continuing their family line .

And as her husband, Taiyo will have to protect her...though Kyoichiro would rather it just be him, especially if he has to deal with assassins interrupting his tea time and watching Mutsumi fall into Tayio's embrace .

Taiyo is still a weirdo at school but now he's a weirdo trying to keep Mutsumi safe from a mad bomber who blew up his house !

I don't care if that was really Kengo, that's a cute school nurse .

Is Taiyo worthy of Mutsumi? In Mutsumi's eyes, he is, and she always wanted to be with him. And that should be enough .

Kyoichiro has to at least respect Taiyo's willingness to jump out a window with a bob attached to him for the sake of protecting Mutsumi, and as family Kyoichiro is compelled to save him (even if he'd rather not) and the rest of the family caught Tamaya and threw him out to explode with his own bomb .

Based Mutsumi liking Tamaya's post about getting blown up .

Now Taiyo will get to live with his wife and in-laws! And I'm sure Kyoichiro will accept this and not sabotage a toilet so it'll blow up in Taiyo's face when he tries to take a dump .

Cute ED with 8-bit Yozakura Family adventures with Taiyo, Mutsumi, Kyoichiro in various goofy forms, and the fam .
Old 2024-04-14, 16:31   Link #22
grecefar

looking like a romantic comedy but with spies and all that fun but I was suprised with how many people died in this chapter, I counted at least 6.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 20:47   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Another solid episode.

It was a good look at the life Mutsumi lives and how much weight she carries around. It really is something that she was able to reach out and support Taiyo as much as she did. Though I'm sure on some level she could easily sympathize. She's got a lot on her plate, but she's still got her siblings. Taiyo lost his sibling, parents, and just everything. So maybe it wasn't all that crazy for her to want to be a supporting figure for him.

Either way it's nice that their relationship still gets a nice amount of attention amidst all the crazy action and explosions .
Old 2024-04-14, 21:08   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

So people can have shoot-outs in the streets and explode entire classrooms, but this is all completely not a problem to anyone other than the spies?

Also, the bomb used for assassination didn't kill the guy despite exploding right on him. So, the guy wasn't trying to kill the two after all? And if the guy was going to die, I should assume that Mutsumi perfectly enjoys his slow incoming death?

Also, if the only thing important about her is her genetics, I think they should start locking them in a room together and getting her to make babies

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 22:05   Link #25
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
So people can have shoot-outs in the streets and explode entire classrooms, but this is all completely not a problem to anyone other than the spies?

Also, the bomb used for assassination didn't kill the guy despite exploding right on him. So, the guy wasn't trying to kill the two after all? And if the guy was going to die, I should assume that Mutsumi perfectly enjoys his slow incoming death?

Also, if the only thing important about her is her genetics, I think they should start locking them in a room together and getting her to make babies
I mean, she liked his post about blowing up .

They did say that the rest of the family are protective of Mutsumi without expecting her to have to fulfill her duties as head of the family.
Old 2024-04-21, 09:06   Link #26
Frontier

After everything that's happened, it's not surprising Taiyo would have nightmares of Mutsumi being in danger...but it's enough for him just to survive Yozakura House! Starting with the guard dog Goliath! Better him than Kyoichiro, right ?

I love how Futaba is the physically strongest fighter of the family but she also has a bunch of cute outfits in her room and sews in her spare time .

Taiyo wants to be a worthy husband to Mutsumi, and be able to protect her, so he's willing to undergo any hardcore training in order to be able to do that...but he doesn't have exceptional Yozakura genes, so he basically has to endure and undergo what it takes to be a Yozakura with none of the advantages of being one. But for now he'll have to just live in a house that's seemingly trying to kill him for one month as part of his training, be it bomb wake-up calls, poisoned food, password-locked bathrooms, guns that can shoot at him from any corner, and Kyoichiro enjoying his misery. But at least he's got Mutsumi doting on him sweetly as his wife .

It's cool seeing how the normal Yozakura's manage their own daily morning routine in the house with their special abilities. Also, naked Kengo .

No better reason to learn how to shoot a gun than to figure out how to use the TV .

I like how those three guys from Taiyo's school are still talking to him and are worried about his condition. Though if it's not the training it's the fact that he has to wear a 30KG shirt on him .

Who is the biggest shut-in between Shion and Shinzo? Though at least Shion can walk around and talk to people without a garbage can tank armor...though that's still pretty cool, Shinzo. And he seems to be trying to get to know Taiyo better .

Look at Taiyo putting a blanket on his sleeping wife! And just like he's there emotionally for Mutsumi, she's there for him. They weren't actually exceptionally close as kids, but when Mutsumi was being bullied in middle school for her hair, he was there to save her. Not her siblings, him. And that's when she fell in love with him .

Taiyo's finally getting the hang of this! Though I guess it's unsurprising that his body couldn't keep it up and he'd been using the rest of the family to hide it, but this is all pointless if he can't take care of himself. Mutsumi wouldn't want that, anyways. But Futaba can at least respect his commitment and how far his emotions have taken him. He might be cut out for this after all .

Futaba twirling smol Mutsumi is too adorable. Also Mutsumi looks like the spitting image of their mother .

Taiyo can finally open a bathroom! The house has truly accepted him! Now it's time for hard mode and a 100kg shirt! I'm so sorry Taiyo .
Old 2024-04-21, 18:50   Link #27
grecefar

taiyo evaded bullets without any training so I'll say that he has talent and it's not only emotion.
Old 2024-04-22, 14:11   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

No matter how hard Mutsumi thought Taiyo was pushing himself...he was actually pushing himself way harder . I get it though. He doesn't want to wait the amount of years it would take to slowly move along. Now that he's decided to be in...he's all in! His own sense of trauma is probably fueling his panic and desperation. He's already lost it all once. Losing Mutsumi would utterly destroy him so he's got to do whatever he can. Or at least he feels that way. But pushing himself until he's broken...will simply break him.

I do like seeing that flashback. They weren't all that close, just neighbors. Although must have been a wild thing to live anywhere near that family! Sounds good to me that Mutsumi just ended up falling for him when he stepped in to help her out. Someone outside of her family stepping in for her meant a lot . And all the more so when she really must have had mixed feelings over that streak of her hair.

Thus she was there for him when things went unbelievably wrong .
Old 2024-04-28, 09:09   Link #29
Frontier

I don't think most wives are prepared for their husband to ask them how to put on a bra first thing in the morning...but points to Mutsumi for trying as hard as she can to take it in stride and accept Taiyo's fetishes, whatever they may be .

Of course it's all disguise training like for Kengo! Who comes in as the hot school nurse again and tries to appeal to Taiyo with a fake chest...but it's still effective! But Mutsumi has had enough of her big brothers' nonsense. She gets enough from Kyoichiro as it is !

Oh hey, Shinzo is finally out of the trash can! And he's jacked !

Taiyo has come far enough that he can pull off a no-look catch of a baseball and equally throw it hard without even looking...but despite his new superhuman abilities, he still just wants to get fed by his wife when they eat together during lunch !

Mutsumi isn't just a pretty face and a loving wife, she really is the head of the family and has to handle all the administration work and sign all the paperwork while managing the family budget...and avoiding the divorce papers Kyoichiro always hides in .

But she also has to deal with Kengo's inability to do paperwork when he'd rather just chill naked in his room and flash people...something Mutsumi is probably too used to and Taiyo doesn't know what to deal with. Though Kengo definitely shouldn't have claimed Mutsumi isn't cute anymore or she's trying too hard to be like their mom And thus begins a chase with the Yozakura Mansion in lockdown .

Meanwhile Shinzo is actually doing serious spy work .

Nice to see more of everybody in their room, Shion trying (and failing) to play an exercise game, Futaba in a rocking chair like a grandma, wearing gas masks around Kenzo, and Goliath having a room covered in gold like the special little pet he is. Also Mutsumi just does not want to even acknowledge Kyoichiro's room exists .

Kengo was so close but his biggest mistake was thinking he knew Taiyo better than Mutsumi did, or truly understood the depth of their relationship, and that lands him in handcuffs. Kengo also sees in Mutsumi their mom, and remembers when he used to be a good big brother who would lead her by the hand...and now she's the one leading him while they're handcuffed together. Not only does he respect Mutsumi more know but it seems like he even respects Taiyo better as a brother-in-law .

So cynanide seems like a consistent ingredient in Yozakura family food !

I love how they have an old school phone that lights up with the number of whichever sibling is using the phone and how Mutsumi knows her siblings well enough to do the best she can to comfort them even if it means making sure Shinzo counts all the rounds in his guns .

Look at Taiyo taking down several dudes and unveiling his new shock gun! He even comes through for Shinzo! And Shinzo for his part is deadly with any weapon, even a fork !

Um...this dude with a hammer looks pretty hardcore. And now he's targetting Taiyo .
Old 2024-04-28, 17:13   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Good on Mutsumi for trying to be ready to accept any quirks in her husband . Not quite there yet, but she's dedicated!

Nice episode overall. Focusing on exploring the family members a bit more and what makes them tick. I'm ok with that.
Old 2024-04-28, 17:14   Link #31
grecefar

Finally we get some good action in this chapter. It was starting to get boring to be honest.
Old 2024-05-04, 08:12   Link #32
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I really don't like Fuataba's design. It looks like they forgot to color her in.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-05, 08:39   Link #33
Frontier

It's cute how Taiyo and Mutusmi can talk late into the night as a couple and Mutsumi can talk about how much she wants to go on a proper date and ferris wheel with him...unfortunately Taiyo has a date with Hotokeyama of the police to attend first .

Wow, the Dark Web is basically a recap of the show and all the crimes Taiyo and the fame have been involved in up to this point! Though no way is Taiyo going to sell out the Yozakura's, even if you try to shove truth serum down his throat or threaten him with a hammer. He's got good instincts and skills to get him by .

Figures Kyoichiro would be behind this and was having his old buddy Hotokeyama put the screws in Taiyo to see how he would manage it and introduce the families' police contact for future missions for Taiyo. Of course he's also enough of a dick to then bail on jobs for Hotokeyama, leave Taiyo to end school with literally no sleep, and then become their teacher so he can further put the screws on Taiyo in class .

Taiyo needs sleep, but Kyoichiro won't let him, not until he masters the ability of half-sleep to be active when when he's tired. Though it was pretty fun watching Taiyo, Mutsumi, and Kyoichiro engage in a morse code conversation and Mutsumi calling out her brother. And in the end Taiyo is able to move in his sleep and defeat the light-speed chalk. He's just now a sleepwalker whose wife has to grapple with what her families' training is turning him into .

I see most spy marriages end in divorce for similar reasons to Japanese marriages...but at least this time Taiyo and Mutsumi can mix business with pleasure and go on an amusement park date to hunt down an outlaw couple together! It's just too bad Taiyo has no idea how to act on an actual date. But hey, Mutusmi in pants !

All the suspicious couples end up actually being pretty cute and sweet real couples. And the super lovey-dovey couple Ken-Ken and Mocchi...end up being the couple with guns, because their feelings for each other run as hot as their jealousy which means they're willing to shoot and try to kill each other the moment they get mad. But they never should have hurt the flower Taiyo got for Mutsumi. Though it was kind of funny how after all that they were back to normal and complaining about how getting arrested was ruining their date .

Everything turned out great! Hotokeyama is genuinely happy, Kyoichiro is fuming over Taiyo and Mutsumi's date, and Taiyo and Mutusmi get to ensure their Happily Ever After with a ferris wheel ride and Taiyo gets to see Mutsumi overcome with emotion over the rose as they hold hands !

Next week: Pink-haired psycho girl alert .
Old 2024-05-05, 15:03   Link #34
grecefar

typical date chapter with the spy twist and it was so obvious who were the ones with the guns.

I don't know this is getting pretty boring, next chapter I'll decide to drop it or not.