BoRed-OverLord

*Dies after watching Slayers clip*

The animation is nice! I like it ><
Old 2007-06-10, 17:51   Link #62
hideFan

I wish theyd do that fourth season that was always rumored. =(
Old 2007-06-10, 20:17   Link #63
NakedAngelX

There's 1% chance for a 4th season >.< I loved Slayers.. Lina Inverse's my all time heroine hehe. Hope there'll be more OVAs like premium.
Old 2007-06-11, 00:11   Link #64
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I've watched Slayers so many times, I can't even count on my hands and my feet, it is defiantly one of my all time favourites.

Anyway watching Next and the ending where Phibrizzo forces Lina to cast Giga Slave, I've always thought that she lost control of it (prbly due to her saying so during the ending), but during my last watch during LoN's speech to the scooby gang, I thought could it actually be that Lina didn't loose control of the spell, but cast it perfectly instead?

The first time she cast it against Shabranidgo could the SoL filtered it so she LoN didn't take her over that time.
No, she lost control of it. the only reason that universe was not destroyed is that the belife the Phibrizzo and other had about the LoN are incorrect and that she does not want to actively destroy the universe as she created the 4 universes as entertaiment.

the main reason LoN did not fully maifest in the Shabranidgo fight was that that was an incomplete verision of the spell, she later completed that spell with the knowlage she gained in the claire bible.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-06-11, 01:19   Link #65
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
No, she lost control of it. the only reason that universe was not destroyed is that the belife the Phibrizzo and other had about the LoN are incorrect and that she does not want to actively destroy the universe as she created the 4 universes as entertaiment.
I thought that LoN didn't even know how the 4 universes came about? Now where did I read that to?

But I based my new reaction to the Giga Slave on what L-Samma was saying to the Scooby gang after she had destroyed the Hellmaster.

Quote:
the main reason LoN did not fully maifest in the Shabranidgo fight was that that was an incomplete verision of the spell, she later completed that spell with the knowlage she gained in the claire bible.
Hmm I really need to pay more attention when I watch this series...
I had always thought Lina knew Giga Slave, but didn't know it's true form, and it was the Ragna Blade she only knew part of and she completed that from the Claire Bibble
Old 2007-06-12, 15:37   Link #66
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
I so can't wait till July to get the season 1 boxset. ^^ I haven't seen the first few episodes at all.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-06-12, 17:10   Link #67
saravis

Quote:
I thought that the reason for LoN not manifesting in the Shabranidgo fight was because Lina had used the sword as the controller for the spell, rather than her own body, where as against Phribrizzo she had to use her own body. LoN can't possess a sword, but it can possess a person.
Old 2007-06-13, 11:39   Link #68
grey_moon

eeeppp when i said didn't know it's true form, I meant to say didn't know its true nature....
Old 2007-06-13, 21:17   Link #69
kagato3

I'm baseing my information on the novels which in some cases are quite diffrent from the anime. In the novel it is stated that the Rezo fight is the second time she has cast the giga slave and that the first time she used it she turned a nice sandy beach into a huge inlet that she has heard that fish still do not enter.

Also the sword of light is said to only be an amplifier for will power and she was useing the giga slave as a power source for it to have a weapon that could kill Rezo turning it temerary in to the sword of darkness.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2007-06-13, 23:13   Link #70
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

"My power is my mind" That's her signature quote. You draw on Chaos, you draw on LoN herself. She is power and thought combined.
LoN manifested Herself within Lina's body to carry out Lina's final wish before She took her body back into the Sea of Chaos.
Old 2007-06-14, 12:06   Link #71
grey_moon

Quote:
Also the sword of light is said to only be an amplifier for will power and she was useing the giga slave as a power source for it to have a weapon that could kill Rezo turning it temerary in to the sword of darkness.
I remember reading how the author describe magic in terms of buckets and swimming pools, and how the talismans increased the casters natural bucket capacity several times. Now does the SoL work in the same way, when someone casts a spell through it?
Old 2007-06-14, 15:39   Link #72
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The Sword of Light, like the other Weapons of Light, can deal with an indefinite amount of energy - Consider just where they originate from. ^^

The Sword of Light has rarely been overpowered in of itself - only Gourry has been overpowered while wielding it. Remember how easily Sith Lord Gourry pwned the rest of the group even though they were tossing the big spells at him? He probably could have taken out most Mazoku from Xellos on down by himself in that state.

That said, the only limit on the Sword of Light's power is the weilder. It can focus any spell created - fusing both magical ability and the caster's focus and willpower and join the two for an attack that is at least twice the damage of the original spell. The spells have a certain amount of MP needed to pull off the spell: too little and the spell fizzles, too much and the spell blows up in your face.

The SoL seems to allow for one to cast a spell and pump more MP into it - technically, it expands the MP requirement parameter without sacrificing the protective integrity of the spell. The more 'magic' in them, the more volatile they are and the easier it is to screw up the spell and have it blow up in your face. By focusing the magic through the SoL, instead of through your hands, you can put a lot of magic energy into the spell and still have enough 'control' over it to using it normally. It lessens the concentration requirement for the spell since the SoL is naturally keeping it together.
Old 2007-06-14, 22:25   Link #73
kagato3

Per the tokyopop translation "The Sword of Light was an amplifer of human will. The "light" is just the form it takes. What tipped me off was how Gourry could use it despite neither possessing nor understanding mystic power whatsoever. it's willpower that both controls it and determines its strength."
Old 2007-08-10, 21:31   Link #74
BoRed-OverLord

It's been awhile...so does anyone have any info on the new clip/short film/movie(?)
Old 2007-08-20, 13:29   Link #75
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Some Misc Slayers facts.

Dilgear, the wolf/troll hybird form seasons has been adopted by Luna Inverse and been rename Spot

Luna is a part-time waitress and the Knight of Cephie (the Dragon God is living in her). She takes her waitress job very seriously and will delegate saving the world jobs to Lina when she goes to do deliveries. She is also known as the waitress form hell.

Lina absolutely afraid of her sister and ran away form home because she once try to make money by selling tickets to a magical projection of Luna bathing.

Luna is rumor to be a drinking buddy with Xellos's boss, The Beast Master.
Where did you find THIS information? (I don't have all the books, but I do have every movie except Premium)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxanimefan4_ever View Post
In the March '07 issue of the Japanese "Weekly Dragon Magazine," it states that if customers buy all three Slayers series in Japan, they will receive a new Slayers film with them. It supposedly focuses on the romance between Lina and Gourry. This new film has 2 parts. First part is 25 minutes of scenes from all 3 Slayers Series. The second part is a 2 minute feature "Meet Again, sung by Megumi Hayashibara" with Lina and Gourry running on the beach. Zelgadis, Ameria, Xellos are there too.

the 2 minute thing.

eh so weird with animation all 2007-ish and all
I kinda like the new animation style. Just yesterday, in fact, I was wondering what Lina and crew would look like if they had today's computer skills working the scenes. Not bad.

Disappointing, tho. Nothing about love or whatever with those. Just...filler. Fun filler, but filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
I thought that the reason for LoN not manifesting in the Shabranidgo fight was because Lina had used the sword as the controller for the spell, rather than her own body, where as against Phribrizzo she had to use her own body. LoN can't possess a sword, but it can possess a person.
I support the using the statement below...cast into the sword, not into the body. And Lina did sacrifice herself for Ghourry. And, showing the LoN's perverse nature, she wiped their minds clean after the event. (although I suspect Ghourry remembers more than he lets on)

Quote:
I'm baseing my information on the novels which in some cases are quite diffrent from the anime. In the novel it is stated that the Rezo fight is the second time she has cast the giga slave and that the first time she used it she turned a nice sandy beach into a huge inlet that she has heard that fish still do not enter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
"My power is my mind" That's her signature quote. You draw on Chaos, you draw on LoN herself. She is power and thought combined.
LoN manifested Herself within Lina's body to carry out Lina's final wish before She took her body back into the Sea of Chaos.
Old 2007-08-20, 13:45   Link #76
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
Where did you find THIS information? (I don't have all the books, but I do have every movie except Premium)

Everything you ever want to know about slayers.

http://www.inverse.org/e/index.shtml
Old 2007-08-20, 14:11   Link #77
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

That link/site is STILL up? Sugoi desu ne...And here I stayed up one night copying info in case it went down...
Old 2007-08-21, 17:44   Link #78
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
There's 1% chance for a 4th season >.< I loved Slayers.. Lina Inverse's my all time heroine hehe. Hope there'll be more OVAs like premium.
So....no chance at all? I'm wondering why they went through the trouble of creating a mini tidbit of a "movie" in the current technological style.

AND, as for that Slayers Universe website...is that a fansite? And how do we know that bit about Luna if it is? I don't want to salivate over conjectures.

AND....for the new releases...will the series be digitally remastered, like they did with DBZ? Any special features other than that disk?

AND...what came first, the books, or the manga?

Last edited by dpryciak; 2007-08-22 at 15:22.
Old 2007-08-30, 01:11   Link #79
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
;o; Blah..Season 1 boxset has a very screwed up release date..first it was July, August, then October..what's next?

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2007-08-30, 18:09   Link #80
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Thought it was out? I saw advertising for it on ANN

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, fantasy