AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-12, 21:28   Link #41
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
I donno, honestly. I just logged in (it's 5 am here) and the game works perfectly, without considerable slowdowns. Just checked the apartment. It is still completely empty, but functional.
By the way, I'm staying at Shuffle! island. If anyone's interested, I still suggest meeting online.
I usually choose channel 1.

Basically, you go first to Sotokanda, register there, get a girl (cheerful or solemn, at your convenience), choose your favorite island and then you're free to go wherever you want (and sometimes it's best to stay at akihabara).
I wonder if I'm the only person who managers to launch the game ok. Though I must say that during day hours the traffic is so high that it leads to slowdowns making ai sp@ce hard to play.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 00:12   Link #42
SquirrelFarm

Hmm... Seems like I was finally able to get into the apartment with no problem after the maintenance.
SquirrelFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 00:18   Link #43
marimari

My problem is gone, too!
marimari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 02:24   Link #44
Mister Bushido

Everyone thanks for your help so far.

I finally managed to get it work, by downloading another DirectX for Software developers that had the missing libraries.

However I only managed to go two screens further:

Right after login in the game freezes and now I get an error message (at least it is in english this time around) which says that I have a C++ Runtime Library error. And that the program requested to end it in an unusual way.

I already tried to change the language to japanese, but it didn't work either.

So, once again I need some advice please.
Mister Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 09:21   Link #45
nikorai

Mister Bushido
Quote:
DirectX for Software developers
I think that you messed up with your directx once again.
You just make the things very complicated.
You need a directx for end-users.

If nothing helps I'd suggest reinstalling your vista. Or roll-back your settings, install the correct version of directx and try again. But reformatting your disk and installing windows to it will most likely solve all the problems.

Old 2008-11-13, 13:36   Link #46
Vestu

Quote:
Basically, you go first to Sotokanda, register there, get a girl (cheerful or solemn, at your convenience), choose your favorite island and then you're free to go wherever you want (and sometimes it's best to stay at akihabara).
Hello everyone!
What is Sotokanda? As I log in, create my avatar (dunno when I'm supposed to create the char-idol or choose an island) the game begins in the Akihabara station and I have no idea how to create the char-idol or even exit Akihabara. I've talked to every single NPC there only finding out that you have to pay real money to buy clothes. Can someone write a quick start guide? lol
Vestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 14:33   Link #47
nikorai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestu View Post
Hello everyone!
What is Sotokanda? As I log in, create my avatar (dunno when I'm supposed to create the char-idol or choose an island) the game begins in the Akihabara station and I have no idea how to create the char-idol or even exit Akihabara. I've talked to every single NPC there only finding out that you have to pay real money to buy clothes. Can someone write a quick start guide? lol
Hello. I'm glad to see you joining our community. If you're interested, we can meet online once I settle the things at my uni and will have more spare time.
Speaking of communication, I think there's a possiblity to find a person with the help of in-game mobile phone.
My name is still the same - nikorai.
So far i've managed to establish contacts with a japanese person but still I aim to broaden my list of acquaintances.

Quote:
dunno when I'm supposed to create the char-idol or choose an island
Don't panic! - No worries, that is.
We got it handled.

Quote:
What is Sotokanda?
This question is related to the previous one, 100%.
Sotokanda (外神田) is a building in Akihabara (use the map to navigate through locations). They call it a secret society but in fact it is your fully automatic NPC service for registering the stay of all the newcomers.
First, you need to talk to two girls.
Their names are 燐(Rin) and 蛍(Hotaru). Rin stays near the trainman and Hotaru can be found near Sotokanda. Once in Sotokanda, go talk to 真珠 (I think her name is Mami. Basically it is pronounced shinju, that is a pearl). She asks you to choose your island to stay in. Also you're asked what type of girl you prefer. The options are 1) cheerful 2)solemn 3) whatever.
Then you can go by train to your chosen island. Once reaching the destinaiton, go to your apartment. It is absolutely empty but you've got a visitor! It is your idol girl who you can give a name to. Then you can leave her at your apartment or chose to accompany you wherever you plan to go (anywhere, except for other islands). 外を出かけよう!that is.

I'm personally staying on Shuffle! island.

Many people including me, come to akihabara to watch tv. I also often stop by and sit in front of the screen.

What I've done so far:
- went through the procedure (see above).
- bought some nico-nico points and spent them on gachapons and clothes. Furniture is much more expensive and goes beyond my budget.
- completed some quests (at Verbena Academy. Helped girls send away boys with their confessions. Helped a teached look for his lost o-bentou).
- spent some time chatting and watching the local anime (there are quite nice titles, I should say. Of course, they can be watched from nico-nico, but what fun it is to watch in-game tv, mind it). You can test your connect with this as well. If the video slows down, the things are bad.

Current issues for me:
- extablishing more contacts. The chat is totally japanese so it is a bit hard to catch the conversation with such terrible japanese as mine.
- doing some major quests.
There should be some chance to meet the Shuffle/da capo/clannad girls. Haven't figured what to do so far.
- handling ai tune.
When you right-click on your girl, you can customize her behavior and replies, depending on the time and place. There are quite a number of options. I'd love to get a guide on this myself.

Old 2008-11-13, 15:36   Link #48
Vestu

Thank you so much for the advices! Yeah everything worked fine. I was just wondering, can I change the appearance of the girl? not just clothing
Vestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 17:11   Link #49
nikorai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestu View Post
Thank you so much for the advices! Yeah everything worked fine. I was just wondering, can I change the appearance of the girl? not just clothing
I'm glad my comments were of some use.
You mean like plastic surgery? I think that would be bad for the girl as she's already quite cute. You'll have to find another girl, then. The official site says you can even make a harem but this part completely missed me.
I'd like to ask you to let me know (you can just write here to share the info) if you find some story-driving quests.
When running around the school in shuffle! islands, I saw other people running along with me. But they seemed to be busy with the same quests as me, which consist mostly in talking to certain NPCs. Basically, such quests give you small bonuses but nothing significant otherwise.

Old 2008-11-13, 21:48   Link #50
Mister Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
You need a directx for end-users.
Actually I tried that first, but whenever I tried to install it, I would get an error message that says that the install program failed to download the file it needed. It also says to try later and check the internet connection.

My connection doesn't seem to be the problem, and I have been trying to install for a few days now, but always get the same error message.

Basically what I need is that installation file but already including everything it needs for the installation.

As for the other one, for software developers, I already uninstalled it, and at least I'm still able to reach the login screen.
Old 2008-11-14, 02:29   Link #51
Saga-Solomon

I seldom play Online Games
Obviously,Although the games seems to be really fascinatng,I won't put any emphasis on it.....
And KOTOKO,the excellent singer I like best ,will sing the openning song of the Game.
Saga-Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 06:45   Link #52
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
What I've done so far:
- went through the procedure (see above).
- bought some nico-nico points and spent them on gachapons and clothes. Furniture is much more expensive and goes beyond my budget.
been meaning to ask this but, is there no other way to buy furnitures/clothes/accessories other than through nico-nico points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bushido View Post
However I only managed to go two screens further:

Right after login in the game freezes and now I get an error message (at least it is in english this time around) which says that I have a C++ Runtime Library error. And that the program requested to end it in an unusual way.

I already tried to change the language to japanese, but it didn't work either.

So, once again I need some advice please.
good to hear your DX problem is now fixed but it seems your facing another issue

here's what i found so far that MIGHT fix your problem but don't expect much since it's only a 5 sec search on google

i haven't read thorough the whole thread but the first post seems to have solutions for runtime errors and i thought it might help. Here's the site.

anywho, when i finish my other troublesome works i'll join you guys and ofc, i'll be in Shuffle! island too

but before that, work work work D:
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 07:16   Link #53
nikorai

Utau
Quote:
been meaning to ask this but, is there no other way to buy furnitures/clothes/accessories other than through nico-nico points?
You can get money for quests but it is different from nico-nico points. Something nice is usually sold for real yen (1000 nico points = 1050 yen).

Quote:
i haven't read thorough the whole thread but the first post seems to have solutions for runtime errors and i thought it might help.
Upon closer look, it's a total copy-and-paste from there to here (or visa-versa).
I have already given similar instructions
1) switch on japanese settings
2) get a correct version of directx.

Quote:
i'll join you guys and ofc, i'll be in Shuffle! island too
Oh, that's great. We'll need to use the cellphone for keeping in touch.

Old 2008-11-14, 08:39   Link #54
Hideki-Motosuwa
Anime Toshokan Headmaster

Send a message via AIM to Hideki-Motosuwa Send a message via Yahoo to Hideki-Motosuwa
In all honesty, someone needs to make a guide on how to make money to buy stuff ingame cause Nico Points are expensive as hell right now (I can only muster buying 1000 points worth) and everything that's dollers is expensive but I'm sure I can spend time making it if I knew what to do.

Anyone up to the task cause I sure can't do it. Although I got a mini-guide in development right now on my site, there are just some things I can't do cause I don't know JP. This is what I have so far:

Anime Toshokan Forums - Ai Sp@ce Guide & Intro

Oh yeah, I'm staying on Clannad Island and my name is "Kyosuke" with a Charadoll named "Sayako". You'll usually find me on Channel 1 or 8 in Akihabara Island and Channel 1 on Clannad Island.
Hideki-Motosuwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 10:49   Link #55
Mugen-Hut

Location: SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!, I mean, Puerto Rico (sigh, no kyoto yet...)
I downloaded the client and when I click the icon I get this...

...from there I don't know what to do.

what should I do?
Mugen-Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 13:40   Link #56
nikorai

Mugen-Hut
It is written:
現在、メンテナンス中です - "under maintenance".
See the update notice at 12-03 "Maintenance from 13.00 to 14.00".
It should be back online at the moment.

Old 2008-11-14, 15:19   Link #57
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki-Motosuwa View Post
In all honesty, someone needs to make a guide on how to make money to buy stuff ingame cause Nico Points are expensive as hell right now (I can only muster buying 1000 points worth) and everything that's dollers is expensive but I'm sure I can spend time making it if I knew what to do.
I only started playing on this yesterday, anyway...
for making in game money (Ds), you'd have to do the quests for the NPCs that are located over the Clannad, Shuffle, Da Capo islands. Basically all the quests start with a NPC, asking you to find other NPC(s), and then report back to him/her once you are done...so there are a lot of running around, back and forth between the NPCs. This would be difficult for anyone that don't understand Japanese, as the hints for the NPCs that you need to look for are in Japanese (naturally), and you gotten remember who you got the quests from in order to report back to get the reward (it wouldn't be too much of a problem, if you can read and understand the quest log). Good thing I can read and understand majority what the NPCs say...

I made 24,200Ds for completing all the quests (I think) on for the NPCs on the 3 islands...however, I'm not sure if I will get any more quest after this...guess I'll have to wait and see.

And then there's a NPC inside Sotokanda (外神田), the guy on the left counter he gives out 1000Ds each day (not in-game day, but each real-life day)...kinda like income support

Here's some of my photos and sceenshot for those that are interested (click on the picture thumbnail to see full size pic):

Taken in front of a building in Akihabara

You can see the Akihabara station from here

Another photo around the Akihabara station area

Front of the exit of the Akihabara station! Definitely a photo that that all Akiba visitor should take

Akiba I'm here!

The infamous GAMERS! Yay!

P.S. I'm still having trouble figuring out how to use the in-game cellphone, cause it just won't let me input the receipt name...
My in-game name is みかげ, and I'm always on Channel 1. My home is on Clannad Island.

Last edited by Marine-RX179; 2008-11-15 at 01:52.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 03:24   Link #58
Mister Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
good to hear your DX problem is now fixed but it seems your facing another issue

here's what i found so far that MIGHT fix your problem but don't expect much since it's only a 5 sec search on google

i haven't read thorough the whole thread but the first post seems to have solutions for runtime errors and i thought it might help. Here's the site.
I checked the site, but was unable to solve the problem. Thanks anyway Utau.

I already sent an email to Microsoft about the install program.

I'm considering reinstalling Windows, but would rather have it as a last resort.

If anyone has another solution, I would deeply apreciate it.
Old 2008-11-15, 04:58   Link #59
Hideki-Motosuwa
Anime Toshokan Headmaster

Send a message via AIM to Hideki-Motosuwa Send a message via Yahoo to Hideki-Motosuwa
Okay, my guide has been updated so far with the following information for those who need it:

http://www.animetoshokan.org/bbs/ind...?showtopic=592

- Buying Nico Points with WonderMoney Guide Added
- Obtaining your Daily 1000D Guide Added

I'll be adding a guide for obtaining your Charadoll next (this is for those who still don't have one and this also ties into you getting your residence). If possible, if anyone knows how to expand their house from the default cubical size apartment and how to add people to your cellphone list (even when their not online), please let me know so I can add a guide on this also.
Hideki-Motosuwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 05:07   Link #60
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideki-Motosuwa View Post
If possible, if anyone knows how to expand their house from the default cubical size apartment and how to add people to your cellphone list (even when their not online), please let me know so I can add a guide on this also.
There's a shop NPC in the shop district for that, however it require Nico Points, so it's meaningless for people that not buying Nico Points.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, key, mmorpg, navel, pc game