AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-22, 23:42   Link #141
da_man741852963

so...what's the newest info on possible sequel to konomini?
Old 2004-11-10, 18:19   Link #142
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

So far from what i hear, nothing is comming out. well, i guess people didnt like the ending, i have a friend like that. he keeps saying that there were only 3 action parts in the whole anime...he was right, not only insofar = (
Old 2004-11-18, 06:06   Link #143
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsionicXero
So far from what i hear, nothing is comming out. well, i guess people didnt like the ending, i have a friend like that. he keeps saying that there were only 3 action parts in the whole anime...he was right, not only insofar = (
It's not the lack of action that I disliked, but the fact that the anime was constantly searching for itself. There never really was a story growing, and the bit of character development that was present was being dealt with badly.
I watched episode upon episode, trying to figure out what Konomini was about, and then suddenly in ep 8 or 9 we find out the purpose of Hikari and Akari. FIne I thought, here comes the story .... wrong, more of the same, and a hasty confusing end.

I believe they should've focuses more on the 2 main relationships, dig deeper, tell more about it than they did. The whole my mom left me part, which proved to be crucial in the end almost was completely new information ...

And the robot Aoinios should not have been in the anime, what was his role anyway? He never did anything and his function was to be called unclear at best. His more comedic parts could easilly be taken over by someone else.
And then there is the scientist, then she's a scientist, then she's living in their house??? What's up with that?

About the monsters : it's not like there was a need to have one in each and every episode, but if you are gonna introduce a monster in ep 1, be sure to develop it's part as well, they- 2nd one didn't pop up untill ep 6 or 7 and a 3rd one never came (not counting the dinosaur at the end). The few action scenes felt very misplaced

My opinion, Konomini had alot of potential and it was looking good up to episode three, and then they forgot about the story completely and quickly picked it up again at the end. They wanted to make a mix of action romance but screwed it up professionally. The action was better left out, more focus on the two main relationships, and give the side characters some background too, a background which could even be linked to the main storyline.
Old 2004-12-08, 22:49   Link #144
Alicia

I think I love Kono Minikuku Utsukushii Sekai because the story is very romantic and good, not the ecchi because I don't like ecchi.
Old 2004-12-08, 22:53   Link #145
nephilim
Loves Kaori

I wouldn't say the anime is romantic though. It's more fan-service than romantic scenes... plus a weird plot.
Old 2004-12-09, 00:11   Link #146
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim
I wouldn't say the anime is romantic though. It's more fan-service than romantic scenes... plus a weird plot.
i kinda agree with you there very werid but cool at the same time, i do wish there was a little less nudity , e.g ep.2 shower scene + ep. 6 hot spring - they didnt need to show that much
Old 2004-12-21, 09:45   Link #147
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim
Agreed, I think the intention was to make a decent romantic plot, after all that seems to be the main storyline, but it never succeeded in drawing my attention. And episode one was also something that set me on the wrong foot right from the start. I took me 3-4 episodes to realise the monsters thingies weren't what it was about. The problem was that by that time nothing really new was happening, and that which took place was trivial or didn't make sense. Finally at the end they put in a story.
And the fanservice... well it was kinda out of place. Fanservice : either do it or don't do it at all, don't be hanging somewhere in between. I'll remember this anime as the one that tried to mix different genre's/idea's into 1 but failed at it. Ah well, it did have a couple of good characters
Old 2004-12-22, 14:04   Link #148
da_man741852963

well...to me, the series DID have a plot. It may not be heading toward the direction many viewers nowaday want to see, but one nonetheless. I think the plot is what the title of the series imply: the beautiful/ugly world. As the opening song points out, the world is undergoing constant metamorphosis, and obviously the transformation is not heading towards the right direction, hence the two alien appear and make their judgment. Without belaboring the point, the story is trying to take on the more philosophical approach to life, as numerous other Gainax series try to do, but it tries to blend in mahoromatic elements. The results: not many people liked it, hence the sucky, kinda dragging out ending. Personally, I am all about happy endings, but I guess the majority wants to put the so-called degree of complication in stories. Anyhow, without painting myself with more paint and attaching myself with "flame attracting" magnets, I am going to stop, and yes, I really think that a second series is in order, and they should try to focus on the romantic relationship between hikari and that other dude, like what others before me said. (the other relationship isn't romantic, as the seires points out, dude with hikari wishes for a girl friend whereas the other wants family; I mean, why want girl when you get all the girls you can handle.)
Old 2004-12-23, 12:03   Link #149
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
looks to me like Evangelion, only abit more like romantic and non si-fi one.... the first monster looks almost like the one in evangelion or i may be wrong.... and the reason of too much ecchi maybe because of evangelion also contains ecchi scene e.g the intro, Bathing in the tub, and etc...
Old 2004-12-24, 01:10   Link #150
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Die4
looks to me like Evangelion, only abit more like romantic and non si-fi one.... the first monster looks almost like the one in evangelion or i may be wrong.... and the reason of too much ecchi maybe because of evangelion also contains ecchi scene e.g the intro, Bathing in the tub, and etc...
wait wait...what? I really do not think konomini was like eva, no one is forcing anyone to do anything. Plus there is no such thing as too much ecchi, more like too much ecchi for u to handle
Old 2004-12-24, 02:47   Link #151
2Die4
Mr. Pedolicon

Location: No 1746 Ecchi Street, Postcode 1337, Kingdom Of Hentai.
Quote:
wait wait...what? I really do not think konomini was like eva, no one is forcing anyone to do anything. Plus there is no such thing as too much ecchi, more like too much ecchi for u to handle
Really T.T Then maybe i should watch more hentai movie and Play Hentai games more often T.T....Knowledge Is Power

Well Evangelion Is made by Gainax Right maybe they make the story using abit of Evangelion Storyline.... Nah Its impossible... that way the story will never be interesting.....And the Monster in Konomini looks cuter than the ones in Evangelion...
Old 2006-05-09, 13:23   Link #152
hoshino_crimsonwings

I saw someone mentioned Aoinios didnt have a major function in the anime; well actually he did ;p If he didn't reawaken the school wouldn't have collasped, thus the summer wouldn't have started "Sooner". Yes the creators could have "Skiped a few weeks", but the fans would go like "Wth happened in the few weeks then". And how would they change Hikari and Takeru's relationship? The creators somewhat tried to make the relationship quite raw, since little time has past by. Furthermore, it seems Kuon was part of the "Particle" which made up Aoinios, thus perhaps he couldn't "function" 100% efficient. That's just a speculation though. (You could see the "diamond like particle" in the end on Jennifer Portman's Neckclace, Kuon's particle apparently was broken off from Aoinios'.
Old 2006-12-29, 21:43   Link #153
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Yes i agree that a OVA or another season should be made.. This time maybe they should focus more on the relationships between the characters, rather than trying to hard to incorporate a wide variety of genres in, which ended up not developing any of the genres properly..
Closed Thread