AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-07, 00:03   Link #21
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
i've also watched the old school kanon, but i believe i don't remember Ayu lying in a coma, i thought she died...?
Heh. Well, if you go back in the Toei version, it becomes obvious that she never really died. The first minute or so of the series takes place in her hospital room. Patients that have been dead for seven years don't have hospital rooms.

This said, while the hospital was referenced in the 2006 version, they never went inside to confirm a patient. It's certainly possible that, in this version, Ayu will be in the Misuzu role (and legitimately die in the end).
Old 2006-11-07, 00:07   Link #22
Skane
Anime Snark

Probably the first anime in which I am hoping for a cute little girl to die. I'm such a bastard.

Narf.
Old 2006-11-07, 00:10   Link #23
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Probably the first anime in which I am hoping for a cute little girl to die. I'm such a bastard.
I didn't say it. I will be bummed if Ayu dies though. I'll also blame you.
Old 2006-11-07, 02:08   Link #24
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I praying that Ayu dies this time around I won't mind if Nayuki shares her fate, if it's done in the spirit of the series and it's justified. Then Yuuichi commits suicide since everyone is dead, or hooks up with Kaori, who's potential to die is minimal She's hot too
Old 2006-11-07, 03:01   Link #25
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aieeee, all the dying. I'll need therapy. Tarantino does Kanon.. news at 11.
Old 2006-11-07, 05:41   Link #26
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

In the 2k2 version, they never confirmed the patient either until the last episode. It was "Oh Yeah" ep. 1's OP kind of thing. This time there was an even smaller hint that she's in the hospital. Realistically, she had no equipment on her in the hospital in the first version that would "beep" nowadays.

Somehow I just don't think that a title about miracles happening in a town of snow is going to kill off all of the main female characters. Even the dreamcast game from the walkthrus online had the 11th hour saves in them. Just about all those characters with the exceptiion of Makoto survived their injuries, diseases by the end of the game.
Old 2006-11-11, 12:35   Link #27
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
I praying that Ayu dies this time around I won't mind if Nayuki shares her fate, if it's done in the spirit of the series and it's justified. Then Yuuichi commits suicide since everyone is dead, or hooks up with Kaori, who's potential to die is minimal She's hot too
Ok you jumped the gun there but it was funny, anyway I doubt a love/romace anime would have suicide(death, maybe, suicide, no way in hell) or hooking up with minor chars(If they do bad kyotoani thats no way to make a good storyline) all shooting down your hopes aside I hope ayu dies too.

Last edited by Theclow; 2006-11-11 at 12:37. Reason: Added detail
Old 2006-11-12, 06:35   Link #28
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

from the OP and some of the events in 2k6 version, I'm betting that Yuuichi will end up with Ayu again and they might repeat the same ending as 2k2's ending.
and as I said before
Quote:
My fav girl is Makoto and I wanted Nayuki to get a better fate but Ayu's path was the best choice
Oh and btw, I don't have time to dig in the "episode 1 discussion" But do you guys think that in episode 1, the fox that Nayuki chased after at the hill was Makoto? Because all of the girls were introduced or appeared in the first episode (unlike TOEI's version)

Last edited by Rengemaru; 2006-11-12 at 06:59. Reason: Added question
Old 2006-11-13, 00:00   Link #29
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru View Post
Oh and btw, I don't have time to dig in the "episode 1 discussion" But do you guys think that in episode 1, the fox that Nayuki chased after at the hill was Makoto? Because all of the girls were introduced or appeared in the first episode (unlike TOEI's version)
Seeing they had all the main girls (and a fair number of site charectors) in most of the first episodes, I'd say it probably was... I haven't played the game.. but it makes sense to me... she's been waiting as a fox for years for his return around that hill... such an evil boy he was leaving her alone, feeling unwanted with no where to go.. (poor Makoto) ... and then when she sees him and makes the wish to become human (how else can she get back at him for dumping her?).. that makes the most sense to me.. elsewise she wouldn't have survived long enough to actually see him imho.
Old 2006-11-13, 22:00   Link #30
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Quote:
Originally Posted by todkapuz View Post
Seeing they had all the main girls (and a fair number of site charectors) in most of the first episodes, I'd say it probably was... I haven't played the game.. but it makes sense to me...
No fox in the game before Makoto attacks Yuuichi at the market. It's a KyoAni addition. It doesn't necessarily have to have been Makoto, it could be any of the mystical foxes on that magical hill. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

It was a nice touch and I couldn't help thinking of Makoto when it appeared.
Old 2006-11-14, 17:44   Link #31
orion

Yeah, Makoto was the first thing I thought of too when I saw that fox.
Old 2006-11-16, 16:15   Link #32
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

I think that was the point of putting that fox there was to look back (for new viewers) and say, Oh my goodness it's Makoto! and for all the older viewers to nod and say, hey there's a fox, reminds me of Makoto. I however DON'T think it's Makoto mostly because she's still a kit and foxes stay kits for at best a year. The 2k2 version had her birthday cake with 7 candles a nod to the fact that she's only 7 years old but a 7 year old fox is a heck of a lot different then a 7 year old human.

I'm thinking about this too much but were she a kit after 7 years then we can't determine her age. Granted they're magical foxes and according to Japanese folklore foxes can live for hundreds of years and gain tails the longer they're alive, up till the magic 9. I guess we can assume that magical foxes remain kits for years but it makes things complicated. It's easier to say she was born shortly before Yuuichi saves her from the trap and isn't in fact an eternal kit.

I guess it's complicated either way because if we assume she's an adult fox (mmmm Makoto as a vixen) then we wonder if she's a mother and all that complicated jazz. I'd rather think she's an adult fox who took the form of a human teenager because it's Yuuichi's age.

Gah! it makes my head all achy. Either way I wish they'd have just left that darned fox out of the first episode and saved me from wondering. It's easier for me to just give up and say it's not Mokoto then wonder about time paradoxes and the proper age of magical foxes. Bleh.
Old 2006-11-16, 18:27   Link #33
Pai
ハガレン fan

When I've played the game, I've ended with Ayu (awaked from coma). It was also the 2002 ending... Toei end wasn't "too good"!
(Sorry for my Engrish)
Old 2006-11-16, 20:45   Link #34
coba

Spoiler for Mikoto:

Thank you for whoever answer my question.
Old 2006-11-16, 21:09   Link #35
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Two tailed fox perhaps?

Old 2006-11-16, 21:21   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

About Makoto's fate, I'm a bit fuzzy about it but my thoughts are spoilerific so:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-11-16 at 22:49.
Old 2006-11-16, 22:07   Link #37
Meophist

My thoughts while watching Kanon 2002 was along the same lines as Vexx.
Spoiler for Why am I doing this?:
Old 2006-11-17, 10:32   Link #38
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
My thoughts while watching Kanon 2002 was along the same lines as Vexx.
Spoiler for Why am I doing this?:
I always thought of Makoto the same way your brother pointed out, especially after Mishio's explanation in 2k2. She's the anime version of the original version of "The Little Mermaid" to me.
Old 2006-11-17, 13:39   Link #39
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Mishio in 2k2 explained that the souls of the foxes are recycled, well she didn't say the word recycled, she hinted strongly that Mokoto's spirit would be reborn and there would be a new fox on the hill soon.

Do we need spoiler tags in this section? I'm really confused, after all the topic says Spoilers & Speculation so I really want to be lazy and not use them.
Old 2006-11-17, 14:34   Link #40
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
How do you thinks story will be after Makoto's? I think maybe Shiori but Mai is getting a bit more screen time...I'm not sure >.< but I hope Sayuri gets her little story too ^-^"
Closed Thread