AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 43 42.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 37.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 14.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-24, 11:51   Link #81
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Araragi and Kanbaru certainly do get along quite well, but I get the image of "best friends" more than "lovers" from them. For all their sexual teasing, they don't really seem that interested in each other. Or rather, Kanbaru can get away with that because she knows he's not interested (or finds it more awkward than anything else). Kanbaru serves the same kind of role in his life as a male friend.
Yeah, Kanbaru is pretty much the "bro character" of the show, with the added bonus that she's a girl, and a smoking hot one at that. In fact, I think she's too sexy now. Her tomboyishness is almost gone. Oh well, at least there's still Karen.
Old 2012-01-24, 12:37   Link #82
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, Kanbaru is pretty much the "bro character" of the show, with the added bonus that she's a girl, and a smoking hot one at that. In fact, I think she's too sexy now. Her tomboyishness is almost gone. Oh well, at least there's still Karen.
We'll just have to wait for her to actually leave her room and get dressed I'm sure once we see her flashing those spats and sneakers the charm will be back. At least I hope.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 13:03   Link #83
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
We'll just have to wait for her to actually leave her room and get dressed I'm sure once we see her flashing those spats and sneakers the charm will be back. At least I hope.
A note: in the beginning each girl got something that reminded of her oddity. Senjougahara had a stapler, Hachikuji had twintails and backpack, Kanbaru had those undershorts (in Japanese "sarumata", with the kanji of monkey), Nadeko had hat and coat and Hanekawa had the two braids (the two tails of a nekomata). After their stories ended we see them with different clothes, as a symbol they were cured of their oddities. The only one whose design remained the same was Hachikuji, because she still remained an oddity after all.

At least I think that was the idea in the beginning.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 13:39   Link #84
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
A note: in the beginning each girl got something that reminded of her oddity. Senjougahara had a stapler, Hachikuji had twintails and backpack, Kanbaru had those undershorts (in Japanese "sarumata", with the kanji of monkey), Nadeko had hat and coat and Hanekawa had the two braids (the two tails of a nekomata). After their stories ended we see them with different clothes, as a symbol they were cured of their oddities. The only one whose design remained the same was Hachikuji, because she still remained an oddity after all.

At least I think that was the idea in the beginning.
Yes, that does make sense. I wouldn't mind seeing her in those baggy and torn pants she was wearing in episode 09 of Bakemonogatari, either Point being that I, too, wish she will show us her tomboyish side again.

Last edited by zarqu; 2012-01-24 at 14:19.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 13:49   Link #85
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
I pray only to never see "short hair Senjougahara"...

Really hate a lot of anime/manga where autors suddently cut hair of female characters ;_;

Love Long hai Senjougahara XD.

The day someone cut Shana's hair i think i commit suicide LOL.

Ok, sorry for my madness orand english
Old 2012-01-24, 14:20   Link #86
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Cutting long hair bad. First Haruhi, now Hitagi, what's next? The madness !
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 15:02   Link #87
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Sephiroth View Post
I pray only to never see "short hair Senjougahara"...

Really hate a lot of anime/manga where autors suddently cut hair of female characters ;_;

Love Long hai Senjougahara XD.

The day someone cut Shana's hair i think i commit suicide LOL.

Ok, sorry for my madness orand english
That's a pony-tail, I think... not short hair in the new character designs.

Tsubasa on the other hand with short hair is just love
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 15:15   Link #88
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
Yup! Nice comparison BTW.

Did you catch the EVA visual reference in Ep1?
I can't remember. What was it? lol
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 17:45   Link #89
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
That's a pony-tail, I think... not short hair in the new character designs.

Tsubasa on the other hand with short hair is just love
I hope^^

I like more long hair^^ (like now^^)

but from image i see shor hair ;_;
Old 2012-01-24, 18:48   Link #90
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Sephiroth View Post
I hope^^

I like more long hair^^ (like now^^)

but from image i see shor hair ;_;
From the official Nisemonogatari site:

For the right image (probably the most well-known one) her ponytail wouldn't be visible from the perspective she is drawn.
Old 2012-01-24, 19:59   Link #91
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

finally an episode that I loved....
can't wait what will happen in next episode....
nice prologue and flashback.... (hoping Araragi can find Nadeko in his house with his Fire sisters)

Gahara-san and Churaragi's scene is so good.... love that dere-dere moment... and that confessions too....
wondering how can Hitagi found out how many girls that met Araragi today... xD
Hitagi-Hanekawa are joining forces.... whew....

now let's move to main plot
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 20:57   Link #92
Malkuth
Banned

However much logic (in-universe, as well as IRL) dictates a Tsubasa/Koyomi pairing, Hitagi always finds a way to win him and the audience in the end... at least Koyomi can suffer her for the audience's delight :sarcastic:

As for the scene itself, yes it was very well executed, but I must say the same for all others too; maybe except the one with Mayoi... not that it was bad, rather long, and too dense in character exposition.
Old 2012-01-24, 21:02   Link #93
brocko

Hate to crush the dream but...

Boy you Nise fans sure are lucky, 3 Senjous all in one!

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 21:10   Link #94
Malkuth
Banned

^ mind=blown

Haven't seen these, She looks also better, and that "You belong to me!"
Old 2012-01-24, 22:36   Link #95
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Finally got around to watching this episode.

Now this is much more like what I had hoped for with this series than what Episode 2 was. An actual plot starting to gradually but effectively develop, good witty dialogue between Araragi and Hitagi, a threat of sorts being well-introduced and given some nice mystery and intrigue. Araragi is even given a couple moments where he genuinely comes across as very cool (such as breaking out of Hitagi's ensnarement, as though it were nothing to him!), which was great to see.

On a related note, Shinbo is clearly going all out with this (3 different OPs already, lol). I can just feel the man's confidence in his distinctive style coming through in every dramatic panning shot, quirky joke bit, setting background, and scene transition.

This show feels like SHAFT's well-earned Victory Lap, a way to go wild with the animation budget to celebrate the successes of the Monogatari series and Madoka Magica. Since I've always liked SHAFT/Shinbo's style, I find this really fun to behold.

9/10 for Episode 3.
Old 2012-01-25, 00:05   Link #96
solomon

Sound of Arrararagi's handcuff breaking awesomness is deafening, he got Gahara to blush, that is some pimping shit right there. Most dudes WISH they could look half as cool as that in front of their lady (I know I do 'weep')

Not much to say aside from the fact that the show is awesome on a stick.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 00:19   Link #97
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Finally got around to watching this episode.

Now this is much more like what I had hoped for with this series than what Episode 2 was. An actual plot starting to gradually but effectively develop, good witty dialogue between Araragi and Hitagi, a threat of sorts being well-introduced and given some nice mystery and intrigue. Araragi is even given a couple moments where he genuinely comes across as very cool (such as breaking out of Hitagi's ensnarement, as though it were nothing to him!), which was great to see.

On a related note, Shinbo is clearly going all out with this (3 different OPs already, lol). I can just feel the man's confidence in his distinctive style coming through in every dramatic panning shot, quirky joke bit, setting background, and scene transition.

This show feels like SHAFT's well-earned Victory Lap, a way to go wild with the animation budget to celebrate the successes of the Monogatari series and Madoka Magica. Since I've always liked SHAFT/Shinbo's style, I find this really fun to behold.

9/10 for Episode 3.
I've actually come to associate the hypermodern architecture and interior design with my mental picture when reading the novels....they're practically inseperable now, Monogatari and SHAFT...
Old 2012-01-25, 00:23   Link #98
Malkuth
Banned

@Triple_R: I am really curious, how could you have missed all exposition that has taken place already in the first two episodes... I mean, I can get someone getting distracted from ecchi, but only if he enjoys it or despises it, but I thought that you didn't belong to either categories
Old 2012-01-25, 01:34   Link #99
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@Triple_R: I am really curious, how could you have missed all exposition that has taken place already in the first two episodes... I mean, I can get someone getting distracted from ecchi, but only if he enjoys it or despises it, but I thought that you didn't belong to either categories
In some contexts I like fanservice, and in other contexts I dislike it. It's like any other element that you can find in an anime show: Ok (and even desirable) in some places, out of place in others.

For example, as much as I love explosive action scenes, I wouldn't want them everywhere. They'd be out of place in something like Tamayura ~Hitotose~ or Usagi Drop, and even in an actual action show they can lose their effectiveness if overused.

In any case, fanservice is inherently distracting/attention-grabbing, in the same way that a loud Hawaiian T-Shirt is (i.e. it draws your attention whether you want it to or not).

So it's possible I missed something in Episodes 1 and 2... although I'm far from the only one who felt there wasn't much plot-relevant dialogue or events going on in Episode 2. If your argument is that there was then it might be nice of you to point out where exactly that can be found.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-01-25 at 01:56.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 01:55   Link #100
Malkuth
Banned

fan-service in general or ecchi in particular because in the former case, ep.3 had as much as each of the other two episodes, but in the later only Nadeko's headpiece adventure

Nevertheless, the first two episodes delivered an excellent and comprehensive insight into Koyomi's behaviour from everyone save Tsubasa (since she has already done so in her arc).

That aside, they are introductionary episode for his sisters and the way things stand after Meme jumped ship and Shinobu became Yuno@MiraiNikki