AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-30, 03:38   Link #3281
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

I honestly don't like AGE's mecha design, mainly due to the lack of verniers and big thrusters ;; the Veigan army has it all covered with their cool dragon theme.

the AGE-2's thrusters annoyed me to no end, they where so tiny, so bloody tiny.

Other than that i honstly prefer the early AGE-3 design over the current one. that Slim-Fat trend AGE-3 has going on at the moment is rustling my jimmies
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 03:48   Link #3282
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

AGE's mecha hit all the right notes for me. I love the diversity between the two faction's MS design philosphy. To say AGE has the worst designs, is trolling. IMO.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 03:50   Link #3283
FalsePrime

You may not like it, but disagree with you isn't trolling no matter how much you want it to be.

I found nothing interesting or value when it comes to the design in AGE where as I did in every Gundam series wether I liked it or not aside from Turn A/G Savior.

One of the series has to be the worst, that is just the way it is. To me that is AGE, not because of trolling but simply because I don't personally like them.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 03:54   Link #3284
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So you're gonna sit there and tell me that....G-Gundam had better mecha designs than AGE?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 03:58   Link #3285
FalsePrime

Shining/Rising/God/Shadow/Master/Nobell/Maxter/Dragon? Without doubt. All of these easily out do anything from AGE to me.

I would say AGE-3 Normal/Orbital/Fortress are better then stuff like Rose/Bolt, but overall the suits that are amazing are amazing with a few that are bad where as AGE that has a few that are okay, but nothing amazing.

I did say in my original post, that if you wanted to argue the Sambero/Windmill gundam then sure, AGE is better then that nonsense but that is exactly what those are even in the Context of G Gundam so trying to argue it is pointless when even G is like bitch please.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 06:07   Link #3286
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Are....are you being series right now? AGE has the worst mecha designs?
Well he is talking about his own tastes and everybody have their own cup of tea of what they prefer I guess.
Old 2012-05-30, 06:17   Link #3287
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
For me it has to do with the man behind this particular series.

Hino and Level 5 have continued to make things that I don't enjoy despite repeated attempts to give them a shot and I hate the character and overall artistic design. Taking it one step further this is the easily the worst Mech Design in Gundam save only Turn A and G Savior for me.

As for story? I haven't watched most of it and I will admit the story could very well be one of the best in Gundam. That said I personally don't believe ANY Gundam is all that good storywise and for me Gundam is largely about presentation and AGE fails at that completely.

As for the UC Homages, that really falls flat for me as I'm one of the people who don't care for UC outside of ZZ and Char's Counter Attack. Overall the UC timeline doesn't do much for me and I stick mainly with in the AU series.
Thanks for the answer. I do understand the character design first impressions (I got over that after a couple of episodes) but like many I'm surprised about Age having the worst mecha design in Gundam. Personally, G's design and concept are atrocious.

IMO, the 1st chapter's episodes really lack the oomph to compete with its contempory shows let alone retain those audience who actually gave this show a chance (then abandoned it by Asem's and Kio's time). The previously posted per episode ratings do lean on that.

Bandai might actually go back to the recently working Gundam formulas (00 and SEED) and refuse to try new concepts like Age's generations.
Old 2012-05-30, 07:35   Link #3288
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Bandai might actually go back to the recently working Gundam formulas (00 and SEED) and refuse to try new concepts like Age's generations.
Which to me is good news....I can't stand the hero I support suddenly becomes sidekick in the middle of the series...imo
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 08:10   Link #3289
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I don't have the problem with the generations concept, but the way AGE did it...was very questionable. From Flit to Asemu and then Asemu to Kio, even though decades have passed but we barely had any story progression. It is like the nothing major will ever happen between the missing years, not to mention the weird technology progression. Generations is a great idea, just the AGE team failed to utilize it

I got pass the character design quickly, although I have to admit I'm not a fan. The mechanical design for AGE is just ok, some rather good one, some great and some rather generic. It doesn't help that the series has rather bland fighting scenes and the art looks plain bad in certain scenes.

It's a shame to see AGE getting bad ratings, but I can definitely see why. I just hope the next Gundam series will be better
Old 2012-05-30, 09:09   Link #3290
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Which to me is good news....I can't stand the hero I support suddenly becomes sidekick in the middle of the series...imo
This doesn't seem to be much of a problem as far as Flit is concerned. Some people think Flit stole a decent amount of the spotlight from Asemu in Gen 2 (which affected his development), which I'm personally fine with because I think Adult Flit is kickass and is still prominent in Gen 3 (probably the main-est main character in AGE I guess). Woolf who is a central character in Gen 1 and 2 kept a prominent role in both generations. Grodek lost the spotlight at the end of Gen 1 for understandable in storyline reasons.

Now if you support one of the female characters on the other hand, your out of luck. Though I blame direction rather than the generation concept for that.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2012-05-30 at 09:31.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 11:03   Link #3291
Sommer
Hobbit

Don't you guys think that AGE is probably the most misogynist Gundam since... ever?
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 11:23   Link #3292
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Does anyone know Age's production cost? Considering Bandai's expectation, the budget must have been huge..
Old 2012-05-30, 16:14   Link #3293
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommer View Post
Don't you guys think that AGE is probably the most misogynist Gundam since... ever?
"Misogynist" means a hatred of women - I don't see all that much hatred there (Yurin getting Lalah'd might qualify), they tend to just be ignored. Shanalua did more in two episodes than any other female character did in the show's entire run.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 17:58   Link #3294
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
"Misogynist" means a hatred of women - I don't see all that much hatred there (Yurin getting Lalah'd might qualify), they tend to just be ignored. Shanalua did more in two episodes than any other female character did in the show's entire run.
I miss Shanalua. T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Does anyone know Age's production cost? Considering Bandai's expectation, the budget must have been huge..
Yeah I got the feeling it would have been huge too. Don't think we'll ever get to know unfortunately.
Old 2012-05-30, 20:31   Link #3295
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Probably as much as the typical Gundam series, which costs twice as much as a regular anime series to make.
Old 2012-05-30, 20:38   Link #3296
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
>Flit and Woolf
>Become sidekick

You are funny.
Old 2012-05-30, 22:01   Link #3297
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
>Flit and Woolf
>Become sidekick

You are funny.
Anyone who doesn't pilot the main Gundam in a Gundam series but fights on the same side as the one who does will probably be considered a sidekick.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 22:06   Link #3298
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Not Flit though.
Old 2012-05-30, 22:41   Link #3299
monster

That's debatable.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 00:22   Link #3300
casval cehack

Quote:
If you're talking about Flit, he's still the lead of the show, if not "also starring". By now, I think the generations concept increases the heroes count every generation, not replacing the previous one entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I don't have the problem with the generations concept, but the way AGE did it...was very questionable. From Flit to Asemu and then Asemu to Kio, even though decades have passed but we barely had any story progression. It is like the nothing major will ever happen between the missing years, not to mention the weird technology progression. Generations is a great idea, just the AGE team failed to utilize it
I agree. The generations concept point-of-view is too narrow IMO; they could have also shown what had happened to the previous cast (that they did develop) that supported the Asuno's in their fight, even just in the background (an ultimate victim of a bombardment perhaps).