AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 12:32   Link #141
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^

I have a question.....
Ori kagami's mother is an immortal and so he is considered to be the child of a corpse......But was his father a human?Or is Ori purely immortal??
christine_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 22:18   Link #142
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

At last, I've managed to watch today the last episode to Shikabane Hime Kuro.

Spoiler:

Honestly, I compare Shikabane Hime's ending loosely to Venus Versus Virus's ending.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 14:36   Link #143
Argent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine247 View Post
I have a question.....
Ori kagami's mother is an immortal and so he is considered to be the child of a corpse......But was his father a human?Or is Ori purely immortal??
As I remember from the episode: Oori's mom died before she could give birth, which was her regret, so she became a corpse and gave birth to Oori, who was still alive in the womb. The mystery is Somehow, Oori manages to survive until he's four or five while his mother becomes a mindless corpse. His mother wasn't anything special, just a pregnant woman who was looking forward to raising her soon to be born child. That's the tragedy of what happened next.

Personally, I prefer this scenario as being the least grisly:

I think Oori's Dad took care of him during the critical first 2 years and then Oori's Mom found him, killed whatever family was around - grandparents, aunts, uncles, of course Dad - and then tried to start raising Oori. She probably was able to do it long enough, a few weeks maybe months, to establish a pattern - get food, play, cuddle - and to get Oori to understand "This is mommy" before she started to degrade to the point she couldn't recognize her boy any longer and mindlessly held to past patterns - find Oori, get food, feed Oori. So she steals random kids, goes off "to get food", returns and can't recognize who is her kid, gets confused, repeats the cycle. And all the while she's degrading more and more.

The really disgusting thought, what was Oori eating that the other kids wouldn't? Because the episode says most of the kids starved to death and we see Oori scavenging a junk pile. All sorts of discomforting ideas there.

Alternately, Corpse Mom was able to hold it together for four years and able to live out her dream of caring for a baby through infancy to pre-K age. Then she broke and couldn't tell who her son was. This requires her to be a highly functioning corpse during the critical development times of Oori's childhood and not the mindless monster she turned into.
Argent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 04:57   Link #144
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
This message has been deleted by White Manju Bun. Reason: Shikabane Hime Kuro is licensed do not post this
Kuro isn't licensed yet. According to a funi rep they only licensed aka initially. They may pick up kuro at a later date.

As for the series as a whole, it's not impressed me. I did a marathon session and watched both seasons back to back and overal thought it was lame. Shame really since it had a lot of potential to be really good.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 22:24   Link #145
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
Does anyone know the song is called in episode 2 where Makina remembers Kesei and starts to fight back? I remember hearing it back in aka also but I don't seem to find it on the OST.
Ok i found out what the name of that piece. it's called "Beginning", but the OST for Kuro only has the piano version. anyone know if Aka had non-piano version, if not than do you think there will be another OST like 2nd OST.
Old 2009-05-16, 22:41   Link #146
Midonin
Last Engage

Neither "Beginning" nor "Hikari, Sagasu Naku Tomo" is officially available anywhere - for now.

angela's next album "Land Ho!" will have both in full. Thank you, Starchild site.

Last edited by Midonin; 2009-05-22 at 21:15.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 21:11   Link #147
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
Is this good anime cause i want to watch it
Old 2009-08-02, 20:47   Link #148
Manic
real men love pink

just wondering wasnt it said the last episode was dvd only? so whats going on with at cus i have seen any new info about it
Old 2009-08-03, 11:58   Link #149
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

So Oori is just like Gatts from Bersek, being the child of a corpse...does that also happen in Shikabane Hime manga?
Old 2009-08-29, 15:31   Link #150
Greenish Growth

Shikabane Hime Kuro Special (episode 13):
Spoiler:

Last edited by Greenish Growth; 2009-08-29 at 15:45.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 20:57   Link #151
cyoti

Wow thats major league fail from Gainax.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 00:05   Link #152
Greenish Growth

Episode 12-13:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-30, 00:06   Link #153
jedi423

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
Wow thats major league fail from Gainax.
And a Kadokawa level troll from Gainax as well.
jedi423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 00:59   Link #154
klare

i cannot seem to find the eps 13 u guys mentioned here, is it come with dvd only?
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 01:25   Link #155
Greenish Growth

Yeah, it was a DVD episode.
Old 2009-10-02, 00:59   Link #156
Kamina-san

Watched 13th episode hoping it was going to tie up loose ends. However,it was back story for something I totally forgot about.

Not a bad anime overall; just wanted to see more story.(I usually always want this though). I wonder how Makina and Oori will develop seeing as they're traveling together. I personally think he still has feelings for her and at least she views him as someone she "needs." I might read the manga but I heard it is totally different and somewhat disappointing.

Gainax(or whomever), thanks for the wonderful ending!*sarcasm* (though it wasn't actually wasn't that bad). But I still love you...haha.
Old 2009-12-14, 14:10   Link #157
straferd
Toushi

Alright, 3 questions:

1. What kind of ending was that? I mean, will they release a third season?
2. If there won't be a third season, are we supposed to read the manga for a conclusion?
3. The manga is still ongoing, how is it related with the anime?

Answers would be very appreciated. I kinda feel ripped off.
straferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 14:33   Link #158
kuru moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by straferd View Post
Alright, 3 questions:

1. What kind of ending was that? I mean, will they release a third season?
2. If there won't be a third season, are we supposed to read the manga for a conclusion?
3. The manga is still ongoing, how is it related with the anime?

Answers would be very appreciated. I kinda feel ripped off.
2. I don't think you can find the conclusion in the manga because the seven star was just a small faction that work under someone. There are some corpses that was stronger than Hokuto.

3. Manga was different from anime from the start, though some main events like the dead of Kensei was actually happen in the manga. The general concept are quite the same, but I am not sure about the part in the anime that explain about Ouri back story and the truth behind killing 108 corpes.

Spoiler for about manga:
kuru moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 14:41   Link #159
straferd
Toushi

Thank you for your response. Now that I have settled down abit, I think I'm almost satisfied with how it ended. I don't want a sad ending, or that they settle down "and live happily ever after". Maybe that was a decent ending after all...

1 more question, how often is the manga released? I have checked the chapters, and it can't be on a montly basis. Is it irregular?
straferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 04:59   Link #160
kuru moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by straferd View Post
1 more question, how often is the manga released? I have checked the chapters, and it can't be on a montly basis. Is it irregular?
It's monthly, but the scanslation is irregular. I quite understand why this manga is not popular. It start really slow and not attractive. Action scene is merely average. So, no group would like to pick up this manga. However, it was gradually better from vol.9 onwards. (chapter 40)
kuru moon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, horror, shounen