AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-24, 21:28   Link #661
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
In summary, if Sheryl is that afraid of letting Alto touch her tiny little wound, then it means Sheryl has a "rather to be safe than sorry" attitude...and when she has that attitude, I really doubt that they had sex
She's able to think at that moment, in 22 her emotions would've exploded, logic goes out the window in those situations... she's not thinking "I don't want to risk a chance to infect my loved one" she's thinking "its time to get it on"
Old 2010-09-24, 21:33   Link #662
wisteria233

Quote:
I really thought that scene was simple--she was afraid of letting Alto touch her wound...now all of a sudden we talk about showing weakness...anyway you have your view in it

and in print mean it's in the novel?? Well I only watched the TV series lol so I only recognize TV series is the canon...it's like reading Harry Potter and watching Harry Potter in theater are two different things
Well this isn't Harry Potter so your analogy fails right there. This is anime and you have with to deal with the fact that frequently not all of the story is told in the anime series eg: Mai-hime/ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Its called All there in the manual and its a very common occurrence in Japanese media. And guess what its just as canon as the anime.

And they never said that the V-type virus was a cold, in fact it was never implied that it wasn't serious, so I don't know where you get you that from. But it is true that the virus like it or not is curable in its early, so like I said before there are grounds to say that Alto and Sheryl had sex, and yet he does not carry the virus in the next episode. Always remember to keep time frame in mind when you come up with theories. Like I said before Alto and Sheryl are teenagers, and they have hormones like every other teenager.
Old 2010-09-24, 21:36   Link #663
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
She's able to think at that moment, in 22 her emotions would've exploded, logic goes out the window in those situations... she's not thinking "I don't want to risk a chance to infect my loved one" she's thinking "its time to get it on"
But like what I said, V-type virus should be a bit more serious than a cold..(at least that's what I think)

To me, it's not like, honey, take a pill and you will be fine--if that's the case, then she would not be that afraid of letting Alto touch her tiny little wound

Again, like I said to others, I think the scenes can be interpreted different ways...even tho, in my opinion, it doesn't make too much sense if they did it--I think the reason to that conclusion is pretty simple--but that's just my 2 cents
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-09-24, 21:37   Link #664
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

*GASP* So the "did they or not" topic is back again.
Considering it's such a hot touchy subject in the series, it had me thinking why they'd go have it in the light novels if it weren't so. I mean this kind of thing would only add to the ruckus.

Well, in my own stand, I really did think they did it. And Luca had mentioned that the V-Type virus was curable at early stages, so Alto is pretty much on the clear.

Ah...the perils of love...
Old 2010-09-24, 21:42   Link #665
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
*GASP* So the "did they or not" topic is back again.
Considering it's such a hot touchy subject in the series, it had me thinking why they'd go have it in the light novels if it weren't so. I mean this kind of thing would only add to the ruckus.

Well, in my own stand, I really did think they did it. And Luca had mentioned that the V-Type virus was curable at early stages, so Alto is pretty much on the clear.

Ah...the perils of love...
Considering that its only Western fandom that believes that they actually didn't have sex makes it more surprising, or more hilarious.
Old 2010-09-24, 21:51   Link #666
justavisitor

So if I don't think they did it, then I should be laughed at

fine...laugh at me then I don't really mind XD

I didn't know V-type virus was like a cold....
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-09-24, 21:55   Link #667
wisteria233

Quote:
So if I don't think they did it, then I should be laughed at

fine...laugh at me then I don't really mind XD

I didn't know V-type virus was like a cold....
No, I just find it funny that you don't believe something written as plain as day and actually can be explained quite logically.

When did they ever imply it was a cold? answer me that.

Remember Sheryl was dying from the disease that she carried from when she was very young, and probably receiving regular doses of it from Grace.

Answer me, how does that makes it seem like a cold cause you losing me here?
Old 2010-09-24, 22:05   Link #668
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

@justavisitor, No need to play victim.

@wisteria, Hmm, I do tend to notice that. I also notice that Ranka is kind of a favorite in the west. I've been to Japanese/Chinese/other Asian places on the net and the contrast to it with the Western places is quite telling.

(Then again...internet )
Old 2010-09-24, 22:06   Link #669
justavisitor

I've said all I can say in my previous posts lol...

If V-type virus could be that easily treated..hmm just like a cold (take a pill and it wold be fine...someone said it, I didn't make that up)XD...then Sheryl wouldn't be that afraid of letting Alto to touch her tiny little wound..

The whole contrast from "willing to have sex" (let's assume) to being freaked out when Alto tries to touch her little wound is simply too big

I hope the staff would change to scene to be something like
1)Sheryl cuts her finger
2)Alto wants to see her wound and Sheryl is afraid that he will get the disease
3)Alto says "Hello, we even had sex before (or "After that night" (make it more suitable to children XD)...like luca said, it could be easily treated, so why worry?"

There, just a 30 sec scene and that everything is clear as day XD

But her expression from episode 23 tells me that she is scared that Alto would get the disease..the disease could be nasty and it's the last thing that she wants her loved one to have it

That makes me think they did not have sex in episode 22
Again, "better to be safe than to be sorry" is my argument

That's just my opinion, after all, and you are welcome to interpret it differently (I hope it would settle this argument once and for all...I wish )
Old 2010-09-24, 22:08   Link #670
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:

If V-type virus could be that easily treated..hmm just like a cold XD...then Sheryl wouldn't be that afraid of letting Alto to touch her tiny little wound..

The whole contrast from "willing to have sex" (let's assume) to being freaked out when Alto tries to touch her little wound is simply too big

1)Sheryl cuts her finger
3)Alto says "Hello, we even had sex before...like luca said, it could be easily treated, so why worry?"

But her expression from episode 23 tells me that she is scared that Alto would get the disease..the disease could be nasty and it's the last thing that she wants her loved one to have it

That's just my opinion, after all, and you are welcome to interpret it differently (I hope it would settle this argument once and for all...I wish )
It's called "show and don't tell".
A strategy as old as time.
Old 2010-09-24, 22:14   Link #671
justavisitor

@raile

Eh, whatever
Old 2010-09-24, 22:43   Link #672
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

If a guy came up to me and said "Why not? we already had sex." I would slap him. Hard.
Old 2010-09-24, 22:50   Link #673
justavisitor

So..how about "Honey, what more you have to worry about after that beautiful night?" ??

Anyway, you get the idea XD
Old 2010-09-24, 22:53   Link #674
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
@justavisitor, No need to play victim.

@wisteria, Hmm, I do tend to notice that. I also notice that Ranka is kind of a favorite in the west. I've been to Japanese/Chinese/other Asian places on the net and the contrast to it with the Western places is quite telling.

(Then again...internet )
Actually from my experience she's pretty much the scrappy in the west as well.

Quote:

If V-type virus could be that easily treated..hmm just like a cold (take a pill and it wold be fine...someone said it, I didn't make that up)XD...then Sheryl wouldn't be that afraid of letting Alto to touch her tiny little wound..

1)Sheryl cuts her finger
3)Alto says "Hello, we even had sex before (or "After that night" (make it more suitable to children XD)...like luca said, it could be easily treated, so why worry?"

The problem with your theories is that again you didn't take the actual show into account

Your missing something here and its called logic.

first of all they never said that the virus could be cured from a simple pill, so I really don't know where you got that from. In fact the only thing they said was that it was curable they didn't say through what means. Just because something is curable doesn't mean that you should go out and sleep with everyone who has the disease because the disease can come back, and when it does return it'll be worse than it was before.

There are plenty of disease out there in real life that can be cured so long as they're in their early stages, but even if they can be cured they can also come back. In other words you probably shouldn't repeat what you did to get the disease in the first place.

Now Sheryl and Alto are teenagers and teenagers are filled with hormones, this actually puts them at a higher risk of doing something stupid when they are caught up in the moment and to not consider the consequences of their actions (this is true as teenagers are stated to have a high risk of contracting STDs due to their sexual activities).

However what you seem to like to ignore is the fact that there was a undisclosed time skip between episodes 22 and 23 so there was time for both of them especially to consider the consequences of their actions. This can lead up Sheryl being more careful to not infect Alto again.

This makes sense because Sheryl and Alto though they are extraordinarily responsible teenagers they are still teenagers and teenagers are known to do stupid things on the fly. However, the passage of time can make them review their own actions and decide not to repeat something because they can now consider the consequences.

Your also not taking into account the fact that Sheryl after they had sex, Sheryl may have become afraid of infecting him again. It would be more worrying and frankly out of character if she wasn't afraid of infecting him despite having time to consider the consequences and emotions aren't on an all time high, especially because she loves Alto.

In other words your theory doesn't take logic into account, and I think that you should drop the subject, because you just posted something incredibly stupid, that would make anyone with even a basic of medicine wonder about your ability to make decisions regarding these matters.

And for the record if anyone said that to me I'd punch him, and never talk to him again.
Old 2010-09-24, 23:05   Link #675
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
So..how about "Honey, what more you have to worry about after that beautiful night?" ??

Anyway, you get the idea XD
Yeah, and I hope you get the idea that no matter which way you put it, it would make you sound like an inconsiderate Jerk.
Old 2010-09-24, 23:07   Link #676
justavisitor

When I said "someone" said taking the pill could clear the disease, I mean the user in the forum...in fact, I mean this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I am not challenging the fact that it is being transmitted by bodily fluids, but that sex is enough to transmit it. That hasn't been proven to my satisfaction, and given that the evidence is heavily leaning towards "Yes, they did have sex" ( besides the obvious stuff discussed a long time ago in the episode 22 thread, we also got those three pieces of evidence which came up unrelated from another ), I also will ask myself why Sheryl would have unprotected sex ( as far as we know... ) if she'd know that she'd infect Alto. Although there is the possibility that she knew he'd only have to take a pill to get rid of it, as Luca mentioned that there exist methods to treat it, if it still was in the early stages.
Now, I have to say sorry to magnuskn...never wanted to call out names, but just want to clarify some misunderstanding

And basically, I viewed that Sheryl would take a safe approach and you think Sheryl will be controlled by her emotions and do some things that she will regret later when everything calms down...that's fine..as I said (how many times I have used this phrase)..we could interpret the scene differently (and frankly I think this is the purpose from the staff..to tease us...did they or didn't they XD)...and this is where our differences lay
Old 2010-09-24, 23:14   Link #677
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
When I said "someone" said taking the pill could clear the disease, I mean the user in the forum...in fact, I mean this post

Now, I have to say sorry to magnuskn...never wanted to call out names, but just want to clarify some misunderstanding

And basically, I viewed that Sheryl would take a safe approach and you think Sheryl will be controlled by her emotions and do some things that she will regret later when everything calms down...that's fine..as I said (how many times I have used this phrase)..we could interpret the scenes differently...and this is where our differences lay
He used pill metaphorically, it stood for treatment. You took it out of context and made an assumption with it. Keep reading and Magnuskn simply proposed that a pill was a possible treatment not the exact one.

Your theory is just stretching things way to thin. It doesn't really make any sense at all.
Old 2010-09-24, 23:15   Link #678
wisteria233

Quote:

And basically, I viewed that Sheryl would take a safe approach and you think Sheryl will be controlled by her emotions and do some things that she will regret later when everything calms down...that's fine..as I said (how many times I have used this phrase)..we could interpret the scenes differently...and this is where our differences lay
Don't go Magnuskn you and I both know he probably didn't mean it like that, notice in the next couple lines he talked about "treatments".
And both she and Alto were shown to do quite illogical things when their emotions got the better of of them. Lest we forget the pantie episode, or the Alto tried to the corkscrew at Sheryl's concert. Face it they are both teenagers, that is not such a hard concept to understand.

Like I said before it was pretty much written in plain print that they had sex, though you're welcome to keep denying it, because it doesn't fit well with your views of the series.

The reasons behind your claims are also very illogical as well.
Old 2010-09-24, 23:24   Link #679
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
He used pill metaphorically, it stood for treatment. You took it out of context and made an assumption with it. Keep reading and Magnuskn simply proposed that a pill was a possible treatment not the exact one.

At the same time, You're not even backing up your original claims.
So all of a sudden it's judgement time, and I got the judgment that I lost the case ??

I am just listing out the reason why they didn't have it..from that tiny little wound scene, from the "better to be safe than sorry" approach generally taken from a normal person (unless you can prove that every teenager in the planet will take the unsafe approach then I have nothing to say)

About the novel, again I don't know that novel, I never read it, but I know in some animes, animes and novel (or other medias) can be quite different (Eg. 00 movie and it's manga about the movie)..plus, I don't think you can accuse a person if a person only takes the TV series as a canon. Majority of ppl have only watched the series after all

I am not like prohibiting you from believing that they had sex..but I am just saying it's not likely in my opinion and I list out why I made that assumption

That's all

P.S I have the feeling it's like the old days again...arguing with no end
Old 2010-09-24, 23:40   Link #680
wisteria233

Quote:
So all of a sudden it's judgement time, and I got the judgment that I lost the case ??

I am just listing out the reason why they didn't have it..from that tiny little wound scene, from the "better to be safe than sorry" approach generally taken from a normal person (unless you can prove that every teenager in the planet will take the unsafe approach then I have nothing to say)

About the novel, again I don't know that novel, I never read it, but I know in some animes, animes and novel (or other medias) can be quite different (Eg. 00 movie and it's manga about the movie)..plus, I don't think you can accuse a person if a person only takes the TV series as a canon. Majority of ppl have only watched the series after all

I am not like prohibiting you from believing that they had sex..but I am just saying it's not likely in my opinion and I list out why I made that assumption

That's all

P.S I have the feeling it's like the old days again...arguing with no end
Don't start playing victim again, you said something incredibly stupid and tried to shift the blame.

But on the other hand consider the situation at hand. It is an emotionally charged situation and people not just teenagers do not consider consequences or have much time for logic when emotions run high. On this side the situation itself guarantees that both parties are not going to be thinking with their heads. While you yourself have no basis to say that they were able to think logically. You can't prove that everyone will take the unsafe approach but at the same time you can't prove that everyone will take the safe approach. But again that doesn't apply to this situation because we were informed that they took the unsafe approach.

The events of the series can vary between mediums however, that doesn't make them any less canon.

I can't accuse a person who only watches the television series and considers it to be canon especially if they have no knowledge of the other works, that doesn't apply to you because you were given information of events of the works but you choose not to accept them because they get in the way of your views, and I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that its for shipping reasons.
Closed Thread