Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-12, 23:54   Link #1861
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
- And also, like mother like daughter. Seriously.
What about Ui?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
Somehow after reading this chapter I got a feeling that Yui resembles her mom so much (especially her character)...

and I don't know why, but Yui's mom appearance in this chapter causes a certain name to pop in my head: Sokabe Megumi...

Nah... It's just my delusion probably...
You're not the only one. Longer hair Yui looks like Sumire in some panel. Nodoka also seems somewhat taller IMO. I actually want her to change her hairstyle so Yui wouldn't recognize her when they accidently met. That would mislead Yui into thinking that her family has adopted a new daughter while she was gone.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 01:05   Link #1862
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
What about Ui?
Ui is a reliable girl who probably would've had cake and tea for Nodoka without having to go out and buy again. She also appears to have stronger tear ducts than both Yui and her mum.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 01:26   Link #1863
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Without Yui around, I think Ui's slipping a little. She doesn't have to be as reliable and thus is starting to forget stuff....usually stuff for herself.

Ui didn't seem to know Nokoka was coming, so she's not prepared.
And everything else was left to Ui's Mom......
Old 2012-03-14, 06:53   Link #1864
Pachael
原作通り

Nodoka-chan, I missed you~~

And yes Yui, you need copious amounts of Azunyan.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 00:39   Link #1865
teja208
Critical fanboy

I find difficulty seeing this chapter in anime format. Not only it's short, there are not that many characters to interact with. Not sure how will Kyoani handle this, but I wish we could see other characters' home coming especially Mugi.
Old 2012-03-15, 00:47   Link #1866
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Probably how they handled a bunch of things. Use two stories for one episode, or makeup something for a B plot, like Azusa taking care of Ton-chan, or Okuda and Sumire wondering why they have a turtle in the clubroom to start with. Having this one split with the previous chapter about the high school girls staying for summer classes would work since Ui brought that up.

Plus next chapter could be of Sumire getting a visit from Mugi. (Not likely as Azusa is the main character.)
Old 2012-03-16, 02:30   Link #1867
black_star
How should i say it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Plus next chapter could be of Sumire getting a visit from Mugi. (Not likely as Azusa is the main character.)
We'd like to see her! Sumire and Mugi will be a super combo indeed.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 02:40   Link #1868
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe we'd get to see what Sumire considers to be "punishment"...for not taking the tea sets home. (I see her "punishment" is actually being placed into the Light Music Club, where she was captured. Mugi's sort of like that, I guess).
Old 2012-04-05, 02:43   Link #1869
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

Spoiler for Latest HS Chapter:
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 07:45   Link #1870
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Spoiler for the last two chapters:
Old 2012-04-05, 07:57   Link #1871
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for latest chapter:
Old 2012-04-05, 08:25   Link #1872
Goggen

Hm. This chapter didn't do much for me. I liked that it referenced the last Uni chapter though, makes me sad that they will probably publish the HS chapters and the Uni chapters in separate tankoubon rather than present them chronologically.
Old 2012-04-05, 09:27   Link #1873
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Of homecomings, reminiscence, and unexpected appearances.
It was great to see Nodoka again, even if only briefly... seems she hasn't changed at all (her mature demeanour). I wonder what Nodoka was interested in doing in terms of a career?
I'm more interested at which country she is heading to have her oversea study. Let’s hope she will bring back some interesting foreign comrades next time.
Quote:
Of worries, names, and club traditions.
Looks like Azusa is still coming to grips with her role as president of a much more different light music club, but it looks like she'll do just fine, despite the relative inexperience of the band compared to HTT.
At this rate, Sawa-chan might not want to stick around in her teacher's job for much longer...
I'm hoping Azusa's enthusiasm will drive them all to succeed at the school festival.

I'm really liking the cover panels as of late for some reason.
Yes, this chapter is really something. For the first time since following this series have I witnessed how first year members of WKB Girls was thrown into a state of panic after coming to the realization of what awaits them upon the arrival of this year school festival and Azusa finally became aware how much deep shit of a situation she had gotten herself and her new band into. Every moment of this has the word EPIC spelled all over them. So many expressions going on at once in this chapter that I can hardly handle all of them.

I don't understand why Mugi never told Sumire about the school festival concerts yet told her about Yui given nickname for Azusa. That's just like her to only recall everything yuri related that was going on in the club.

Yes Sumire, nobody else is allowed to call Azusa Azu-nyan other than Yui. It is always hilarious seeing Azusa getting emberessed in front of her kohai members. I always wanted to see that, and hope there will more opportunity for that in future chapters, especially in anime adaptation when that time comes.

I felt that Sawako keeps getting worse every passing chapter. At this rate, she will become even more of a slacker than Yui by the time Azusa graduated. Someone really needs to snap her out of this and fast.

Last edited by teja208; 2012-04-05 at 09:37.
Old 2012-04-05, 11:45   Link #1874
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So it is finally hitting Azusa. Also now Nao and Sumire are going to be on the spot come Festival time.

If they are anything like HTT was their first year...they'll "suck". Yet have a very devoted fanbase.
Old 2012-04-05, 20:05   Link #1875
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Damn I love this chapter to bits. There's so much character development in Azusa! (And finally more focus on Nao's tsun character).

Spoiler for Azunyan-senpai:

Spoiler for Reading with yuri goggles 8D:
Old 2012-04-05, 20:49   Link #1876
aldw

I don't think they have as much to worry about than they think they do about the festival, I mean Azusa, Jun and Ui already have more playing experience than the senior Houkago Tea-Time members did during their first performance, so bringing the underclassmen up to speed shouldn't be too much trouble.

Quote:
And epic moment of Azusa jumping onto the table the moment someone mentions "Azunyan".
Come to think of it only Ui's ever called Azusa 'Azu-nyan' besides Yui and pulled it off (even if only in jest).
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 22:16   Link #1877
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
My... My... I never thought that you would tell Sumire about her nickname, Mugi-chan... Azunyan-senpai... pfffft... I don't... laughing... I just... pfffttt...

and Sawa-chan expression when she realized that there's no sweet=EPIC!!!
Old 2012-04-06, 01:52   Link #1878
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

"senpai, is it true that you used to be called Azu-nyan?"

my reaction : same with Azuza.. spilling out drink... lol

cute chapter... I really hope Azuza will get her reunion with Yui in school festival
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 02:01   Link #1879
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If all HTT is present for the festival...will Azusa lock up on stage?
Old 2012-04-06, 07:35   Link #1880
risto90

i wonder how much chapters till festival >.> ...
risto90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life