AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-17, 08:02   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't get what happened with the Funk Brothers. Did they fuse or something?
Old 2013-07-17, 08:42   Link #22
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

do you think luffy will get beat up here or will it be in the finals that he gets injuries?
Old 2013-07-17, 08:53   Link #23
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
break =! hiatus

hiatus is when it's on a long absence with no clear return point.
This is a break. It's coming back issue 36.

Also we were already told a few weeks ago that Oda is put on a recovery schedule, and there will be periodic breaks.
Booooooooo you know what I meant :I
Old 2013-07-17, 09:27   Link #24
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't get what happened with the Funk Brothers. Did they fuse or something?
Once elder brother wore "something", Younger brother somehow swapped himself into elder brother's body. Which resulted in elder brother persona's complete disappearance O_o

My wild theory will be that younger one has a specific devil fruit power that allows him to swap identity/persona with someone else by making them wearing "it".

Which reminded me of :
Spoiler for xx:

Last edited by Rawrz; 2013-07-17 at 09:47.
Old 2013-07-17, 12:29   Link #25
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
My translation says grandmother and I think agewise that's also more likely.
On a sidenote: I think the brother's granny looked a lot like she could be Gaburu's other grandma. Whereas this could also be because she looks like her grandson who resembles Gaburu
"Babaa" is literally a hag, or grandmother, but it's also used by delinquents to address their mother. Caribou is exactly the kind of person who would address their mother such.
Old 2013-07-17, 14:10   Link #26
ri0

Quote:
"Babaa" is literally a hag, or grandmother, but it's also used by delinquents to address their mother. Caribou is exactly the kind of person who would address their mother such.
Ah ok, thanks for the info. But I still think that "Babaa" looks more like their grandmother with all those wrinkles, no teeth and the boys being hardly around ten years old in Coribou's bubble.
Old 2013-07-17, 14:26   Link #27
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Ideo seems like Lucci in disguise. Admit it, the idea popped in your head as soon as you saw him.

Pointed that out myself just a few posts above yours. Actually, I think I'd like Lucci more if he WERE a parody of a super-powerful robot.

Anyway, as far as the Funk brothers go, I was sorta thinking that their "fusion" actually worked similarly to the Chessmarimo fusion we saw during the Drum arc, but they don't seem to be stacked on top of each other. It looks like Kelly is literally controlling Bobby's body himself, since the younger brother wouldn't attack willingly (he said he dislikes fighting, after all). And Jean Ango's ability seems sort of similar to Van der Decken's (making any weapon he wields into a projectile weapon, but minus the homing aspect). I also really want to see more of the Chinjao guys' techniques..... these guys become more and more interesting by the chapter.

BTW, one little detail I really enjoyed seeing is that Luffy is still making the effort to hide his face despite so many enemies figuring out his real identity. And did anyone else notice how Barto's teeth suddenly became flat this chapter!? Either that's another error on Oda's part or the dude can change the shape of his teeth at will!
Old 2013-07-17, 15:33   Link #28
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

The Chinjaos are strong. Wonder how Luffy will do against Don. Lol Ideo. THe funk brothers fusion was interesting.
Old 2013-07-17, 16:22   Link #29
shalala

I'm quite interested in how Ideo punches works. Its nice to see that Lucy was trying to place Uci in a safe area. Lool image if Uci was given the mera mera fruit and became the next crew mate.
Old 2013-07-17, 17:16   Link #30
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Booooooooo you know what I meant :I
Indeed we do.
Old 2013-07-17, 17:23   Link #31
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Archer: Foolish Jean, only I can steal weapons... On second thought, I'm better at doing it than you.
Old 2013-07-17, 19:13   Link #32
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Once elder brother wore "something", Younger brother somehow swapped himself into elder brother's body. Which resulted in elder brother persona's complete disappearance O_o

My wild theory will be that younger one has a specific devil fruit power that allows him to swap identity/persona with someone else by making them wearing "it".

Which reminded me of :
Spoiler for xx:
I think he has the ability to wear people like clothing or a full body suit... like literally. His brother told him to put him on, so he put him on like he was putting on clothing

Last edited by Slayerx; 2013-07-17 at 19:28.
Old 2013-07-18, 23:01   Link #33
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yea what I had in my mind is the younger brother wearing the older as a suit, in fact the exact image I had was just like Finn wearing Jake as a muscle suit in Adventure Time.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2013-07-19, 00:40   Link #34
marvelB

As far as the other tournament fighter's oddities go, I'm wondering if Ideo is a cyborg? Putting the goofy shoulders aside, I think that would make sense since his punches are literally powerful enough to cause explosions.

Also, I just wanna say that I love Ango's "Dededede" laugh, mainly because it makes me think of king Dedede from the Kirby series (one of my top favorite boss characters ever!).
Old 2013-07-19, 19:56   Link #35
Sir-Nemesis

Lucy is the best
Old 2013-07-19, 20:21   Link #36
james0246

Got to say, in terms of pure action this is one of the best chapters in quite awhile.
Old 2013-07-19, 22:55   Link #37
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

these battles are gonna look awesome animated
Old 2013-07-20, 02:53   Link #38
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As far as the other tournament fighter's oddities go, I'm wondering if Ideo is a cyborg? Putting the goofy shoulders aside, I think that would make sense since his punches are literally powerful enough to cause explosions.

Also, I just wanna say that I love Ango's "Dededede" laugh, mainly because it makes me think of king Dedede from the Kirby series (one of my top favorite boss characters ever!).
In hindsight, Ideo should have had the King Punch, considering the homage.
You know, what with power to ENDING THE WORLD and such.
Old 2013-07-20, 06:13   Link #39
Veviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
these battles are gonna look awesome animated
I hope so. Chapters that are pure action usually has pacing issues. Especially if they stick to the 1 - 1.5 chapters per episode
Old 2013-07-20, 15:00   Link #40
marvelB

Quote:
In hindsight, Ideo should have had the King Punch, considering the homage.
You know, what with power to ENDING THE WORLD and such.

I dunno..... as strong as the punch was, it wasn't exactly at a planet-busting level (since Barto was able to block it with his ability). The impression I have is that Ideo is sort of like the Blue Gilly of C-block, with the obvious difference in that he relies more on arm (well, more like shoulder) power than leg power.

But as I said in the post you quoted, I think it's possible that the boxer is a cyborg, which could add to the homage (sure, he's not a giant robot, but close enough, right?).
Closed Thread