AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-06-27, 03:07   Link #141
martino
makes no files now

Most likely, you should take a look at your router's port forwarding and enable the ports that you have specified in your p2p programs. Link.
Old 2008-06-28, 01:20   Link #142
lgmcben

Hi.

I finally got the status message "Perfect dark is online".

I start the program and it automatically start downloading something to "unity" folder.

The program prompt that it'll continue building the "unity" folder until it reach 2.0GB. Before that, I won't be able to download anything(that I choose manually).

So I run it overnight. The download/upload rate bounces between 0-50kb/sec.

My settings: 1.0Mbps ADSL

100kb/s bandwidth limit

It's been 10 hours now.

The info windows says...

Total send: around 300MB
Total receive: around 300MB also

But...

unity size: 16MB / 40960MB

Question: Is there a way to increase the unity size faster?

Please note that I'm no pre-teens who'll say "OMG I can't wait to download something PLZ let me know how to speed-up this unitiy build"

Well I just curious if there's any good methods. It's ok if there's none though, I'll just wait.

Thanks in advance. =)
lgmcben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 03:02   Link #143
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmcben View Post
Hi.

I finally got the status message "Perfect dark is online".

I start the program and it automatically start downloading something to "unity" folder.

The program prompt that it'll continue building the "unity" folder until it reach 2.0GB. Before that, I won't be able to download anything(that I choose manually).

So I run it overnight. The download/upload rate bounces between 0-50kb/sec.

My settings: 1.0Mbps ADSL

100kb/s bandwidth limit

It's been 10 hours now.

The info windows says...

Total send: around 300MB
Total receive: around 300MB also

But...

unity size: 16MB / 40960MB

Please note that I'm no pre-teens who'll say "OMG I can't wait to download something PLZ let me know how to speed-up this unitiy build"

Well I just curious if there's any good methods. It's ok if there's none though, I'll just wait.

Thanks in advance. =)
Is your upload limit also 100 Kb/s, i.e. is your line symmetrical?
Also, do you mean 100 KBytes/s or 100 Kbits? 100 Kbits is far too slow for perfect dark.

Perfect dark requires a pretty fast internet connection, otherwise peers don't like to send to you (or receive from you).

Ideally you should have at least 200 KBytes/s upload/download, the faster the better.

The good news is, you CAN download when your unity folder isn't more than 2 GB. It's just at a lower priority and your speeds will be poor. But feel free to search and add things to your queue.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 05:12   Link #144
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

but 16MB overnight.. and 300MB download.. sounds like you have a problem there :P But you mentioned the download reaches 50kB/s.. if it stayed at 0-1kB/s you might've had a dual core problem (solve it by going to task manager -> right click on perfectdark.exe -> set affinity to one of the cores). You can always try that approach just to be certain it's not that problem..
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 13:21   Link #145
lgmcben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Is your upload limit also 100 Kb/s, i.e. is your line symmetrical?
Also, do you mean 100 KBytes/s or 100 Kbits? 100 Kbits is far too slow for perfect dark.

Perfect dark requires a pretty fast internet connection, otherwise peers don't like to send to you (or receive from you).

Ideally you should have at least 200 KBytes/s upload/download, the faster the better.

The good news is, you CAN download when your unity folder isn't more than 2 GB. It's just at a lower priority and your speeds will be poor. But feel free to search and add things to your queue.
Thank you for the reply.

My connection is 2048 / 512 kbps

meaning 200 kilo bytes / sec Download speed
and 50 kilo bytes / sec Upload speed

I read from some source that PD require atleast 100 kilo bytes of upload speed, but I try with 2048 / 512 anyway. =)

(actually there's no ISP offering more than 512kbps upload in my region)

Here comes my questions again... =)

1. Just curious but, in my case, what should I set in the "internet connection" box in PD settings? (There're 512kbps, 1.0Mbps, 1.5Mbps and 4.0Mbps available)

2. What if I upload something manually? Forexample some 3.0GB iso. Will it add to unity?

Thank you again.

Last edited by lgmcben; 2008-06-28 at 13:26. Reason: More questions
Old 2008-06-28, 13:23   Link #146
lgmcben

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
but 16MB overnight.. and 300MB download.. sounds like you have a problem there :P But you mentioned the download reaches 50kB/s.. if it stayed at 0-1kB/s you might've had a dual core problem (solve it by going to task manager -> right click on perfectdark.exe -> set affinity to one of the cores). You can always try that approach just to be certain it's not that problem..
Thanks for the reply.

I'm on a single core. =)

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Old 2008-06-28, 13:36   Link #147
cyberbeing

Quote:
The fastest way is to add your own stuff to the unity. If you're like me and have a lot of stuff which was downloaded from Winny or Share, just pick 40GB of it and add it to your unity (while making sure to tag it correctly in Japanese with clusters).

Look at the JCafe post under "adding files" if you don't already know how to do this:
http://jcafe.vnmanga.com/index.php/topic,518.0.html

Considering that Perfect Dark will automatically delete parts of the Unity when it gets too big, there is really no disadvantage to doing this other than you have to allocate 40GB on your drive for it. When your Unity is maxed out it should only download things you have queued and very rarely the random things it likes to fill the Unity with. If you care about your bandwidth usage and don't want it max out your connection downloading 40GB of worthless cache, this is definitely the way to go.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 2008-06-28 at 14:22.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 15:09   Link #148
lgmcben

Thank you for the solution.

I've added more than 2.0GB of stuff(downloaded from Share long time ago).

My unity immediately reached 2+ GB now.

Currently, PD still download nothing of my request. (0% downloaded) But it should download something soon(hopefully).

Anyway, I've another questions.

1.In the download window, my "Status" column display this message -> "('-w-')zZz"
for every entry in the queue.

Am I doing something wrong?

2.Some download entry have red background, some have black. What is the meaning of this?

Thanks again.
Old 2008-06-28, 15:39   Link #149
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Thank you for the solution.

I've added more than 2.0GB of stuff(downloaded from Share long time ago).

My unity immediately reached 2+ GB now.

Currently, PD still download nothing of my request. (0% downloaded) But it should download something soon(hopefully).

Anyway, I've another questions.

1.In the download window, my "Status" column display this message -> "('-w-')zZz"
for every entry in the queue.

Am I doing something wrong?

2.Some download entry have red background, some have black. What is the meaning of this?

Thanks again.
Those downsloads with the sleep symbol just mean "queued" of "inactive" (or maybe "can't find a peer with it")... I'm not really sure, but it's normal. They should download eventually assuming the file exists on the network.

As for the red backgrounds, I've never been able to figure out what the heck that meant. It doesn't seem to effect whether files complete or not. Anyone know?
Sam Pinansky
Old 2008-06-28, 16:44   Link #150
cyberbeing

There is one thing in the changelog which seems to be the reason for the red backgrounds:

情報が更新されると、ダウンロードリストや履歴が赤く表示されます。

Which translates to: When information is updated, the download list and the history are displayed in red.

While not very descriptive, one of the things which it seems to be related to is when the rating statistics and reviews are updated to show how many good/bad/undefined ratings there are. By right clicking and then clicking on View, it will show you some information about the download in the history section and the red background will then disappear for that download. This makes sense because you have then viewed the updated information and it's no longer new.

When the search tree turns red it's because you've gone over 65536 search results and it will no longer add anymore results until you delete enough search terms to bring the results below 65536.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 2008-06-28 at 17:03.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 09:59   Link #151
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Even today, I'm still stunned by how quickly PD builds fills a unity folder.
Old 2008-07-01, 12:41   Link #152
lgmcben

Thanks for the replies.

Here comes another question lol. Sorry there's no help file available no I have no choice but to continue asking here.

In the download view, what does "Count" means?
Old 2008-07-01, 14:16   Link #153
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Thanks for the replies.

Here comes another question lol. Sorry there's no help file available no I have no choice but to continue asking here.

In the download view, what does "Count" means?
Not sure exactly what it counts, but it's a measure of how widespread the file is on the network. The higher the more common. It might count number of complete versions, similar to the total "complete copies" number for torrents, or perhaps it's simply the number of peers with at least SOME part of the file...

Basically you can assume that the higher the count is, the more popular the file is.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2008-07-02, 04:49   Link #154
BluWacky
尻の竜

Is Perfect Dark really replacing Share? Even with everyone apparently jumping ship from Share I still find newer files appearing on Share faster (I've yet to ever actually find anything to download on PD before it appears on Bittorrent!).

Am I just doing it wrong? I used to have good raw search-fu but these days I seem to have gotten crap at it...
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 07:21   Link #155
cyth
Banned

Lately, I've just been getting a lot of fakes from Share after broadcast. Even though PD isn't a stranger to them, I find it more reliable nonetheless. I think it's a matter of shows and occasions on which network files appear faster.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 10:48   Link #156
lgmcben

I've got good search results from PD. May be because I was not focusing on the new stuff, I use bittorrent for new stuff instead.

And it seems(to me) that PD need a 2.0GB of "pure" unity before the manual d/l will have higher priority than automated d/l.

"pure unity" means the unity build up from the automated upload. (and not from your manual upload)

Why do I say this? because I used the upload function and fill my unity upto 2.0GB, but PD still download so little bytes even I left it over night.

BTW, what does "partial download" actually do?
Old 2008-07-02, 12:57   Link #157
cyberbeing

Quote:
I've got good search results from PD. May be because I was not focusing on the new stuff, I use bittorrent for new stuff instead.

And it seems(to me) that PD need a 2.0GB of "pure" unity before the manual d/l will have higher priority than automated d/l.

"pure unity" means the unity build up from the automated upload. (and not from your manual upload)

Why do I say this? because I used the upload function and fill my unity upto 2.0GB, but PD still download so little bytes even I left it over night.

BTW, what does "partial download" actually do?
That is why I said to fill it up to 40GB (the maximum Unity size). Perfect dark will always try to fill the extra space in your unity if there is space to fill. Even with downloads having a higher priority, if there is no sources to download from then the lower priority unity download will commence.

I assume partial download will just try to assemble what you have already downloaded of the file and output a incomplete file.
Old 2008-07-23, 14:37   Link #158
zvx1232003

Share doesn't work on Vista here...o_O

I paste a nodes list on and click "Add",
But when I go out click "Show Sleep Nodes", all the nodes is in "sleep".
btw, I can't add cluster either...

It's because my Vista or some other reasons...?
please help >_<
zvx1232003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 07:08   Link #159
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
PD doesn't do clusters.

I leave my PD on overnight and when I come back it's 11GB ;___;
then again, i am in tokyo right now
fireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 07:40   Link #160
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshark View Post
PD doesn't do clusters.

I leave my PD on overnight and when I come back it's 11GB ;___;
then again, i am in tokyo right now
PD was created to accommodate the gigabit connections and terabyte hard drives that are now pretty commonplace in Japan.

Tags
p2p, perfect dark