AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-15, 09:42   Link #2201
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Thanks everyone. I took a look at Water shield, and it looks really nice. Makes me wish i had that back in the days.

@Last Sinner
I'm not sure anymore what to roll, i think i will have to look in the talents/skill trees of the classes to get a better idea. As for when i start. It will be at start of Februari, after my last exam is done. Wouldn't dare starting before with WoW And the server isn't determined either. Perhaps i will go to Tarren Mill if a friend of mine still has the gold i gave before i got rid of my shaman, i think i gave around 200G at that time to my friend to keep it for me in case i want to start again, with the thought so i could atleast get a mount

Server will also depend on what realm my friend will be on. As i'm going to let my friend recruit me so i get 300% exp bonus for faster leveling.

As for another question.

I probably won't get in a hardcore guild, so no high tier epics. What class will be able to do well with the gear it can gather without high end instances? PVP/ 5 Man instances and things like that. I don't think i want to commit myself to serious guild raids any more. It's just takes to much time. I want to do things at my own speed. And don't want to be depending on others or having a scheduled time to raid.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 12:30   Link #2202
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Another thing would be that Night Elf Females generally don't get any sex since the males are mainly in the Emerald Dream. Also gotta remember in proper Night Elf lore, only the women were allowed to be Warriors, Rogues and Hunters. While only the Males were Druids. No surprise - those Female Night Elves wouldn't have had sex for about a few thousand years and be in enough heat to melt a Horde's face with their downstairs department alone.

Then again, the Night Elf Fertility Dance might keep them in check. ^^

I also think Blood Elves would make for good antipasto material. Undead - stock bones, maybe? Orcs, you'd probably use for colouring agents and make the stick meats. Trolls - used in spicy/exotic dishes.
Yeah I thought that myself Well not the sex and heat stuff but...
That technically, from a lore point of view, the female Night Elves could be any class BUT Druid but the males could ONLY be Druids.

I think we can see why they had to ignore lore in this case...
Old 2009-01-15, 18:36   Link #2203
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@Sephi - Sure, man. That's how I played in TBC so I can appreciate. Mages are one of the three classes carving it up in Arena at present and can always do decent dps in 5 mans. Retribution Paladins would be in the same boat. But they're two completely different fish. Rogues are doing insanely well in PvP at present and recently got a partial fix in PvE. If you want to focus more on PvP, pick one of those three classes.

The PvP system is very different now. Thanks to Strand of the Anicents, honor farming is much easier now. You can easily score 1k honor within 10 minutes if your side attacks first and gets the relic fast then defends well. Last time I was on I farmed 20k within 90 minutes. Season 5 started a few weeks ago and you can grind out the set a tad below it if you grind out honor in Strand of the Anicents.

Another thing is that PvE is EASY atm. You wouldn't have to be guilded to do most of it, Sephi. If you have enough friends, you could pug a Naxx 10 and clean it up. Heck, I've had a pug that full cleared Naxx 25 in 4 hours. Vault of Archavon is always pugged due to it requiring Wintergrasp to be held. That only takes a few minutes to do for both 10 and 25 versions. Sartharion 10 and 25 can easily be pugged in 10-15 minutes without having any of the 3 drakes up. Aside from the Oculus, Halls of Lightning, Azjol-Nerub and Anh'kahet, the Heroics are too easy.

As for your professions, they'd depend on your class. I'd do these combos:

Mage - Enchanting/Jewelcrafting or Enchanting/Tailoring
Paladin - Blacksmithing/Mining
Rogue - Leatherworking/Skinning

Good luck with your exams.
Old 2009-01-15, 21:46   Link #2204
krisslanza

Quote:
@Sephi - Sure, man. That's how I played in TBC so I can appreciate. Mages are one of the three classes carving it up in Arena at present and can always do decent dps in 5 mans. Retribution Paladins would be in the same boat. But they're two completely different fish. Rogues are doing insanely well in PvP at present and recently got a partial fix in PvE. If you want to focus more on PvP, pick one of those three classes.

The PvP system is very different now. Thanks to Strand of the Anicents, honor farming is much easier now. You can easily score 1k honor within 10 minutes if your side attacks first and gets the relic fast then defends well. Last time I was on I farmed 20k within 90 minutes. Season 5 started a few weeks ago and you can grind out the set a tad below it if you grind out honor in Strand of the Anicents.

Another thing is that PvE is EASY atm. You wouldn't have to be guilded to do most of it, Sephi. If you have enough friends, you could pug a Naxx 10 and clean it up. Heck, I've had a pug that full cleared Naxx 25 in 4 hours. Vault of Archavon is always pugged due to it requiring Wintergrasp to be held. That only takes a few minutes to do for both 10 and 25 versions. Sartharion 10 and 25 can easily be pugged in 10-15 minutes without having any of the 3 drakes up. Aside from the Oculus, Halls of Lightning, Azjol-Nerub and Anh'kahet, the Heroics are too easy.

Professions would depend though. On one hand doing say Mining/Skinning is usually very profitable. If it's your first character on a server you may want to focus on money more then gear.
Old 2009-01-15, 22:24   Link #2205
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
So yeah, I think today I became the first character in history to go from having no title at all right to Twilight Vanquisher, while still wearing multiple blues too. A month ago I'd have laughed if anyone said I would ever get that title. I really don't like the fact that I'm not contributing as much as I can because of my gear, but I'm definitely not complaining that the guild is willing to bring me on these runs. Didn't get any loot and rolled a 5 on the mount, but just getting the title was especially sweet after the 4-hour wipefest yesterday, heh.
Grats on the achievement. I actually got Twilight Vanquisher before any other title as well. Would like to get of the Nightfall as well (some of my guild already have it), but my connection has been acting up too much.
Old 2009-01-15, 23:25   Link #2206
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos View Post
Grats on the achievement. I actually got Twilight Vanquisher before any other title as well. Would like to get of the Nightfall as well (some of my guild already have it), but my connection has been acting up too much.
Thanks. 10-man 3-drake is the one fight my guild hasn't cleared yet. I don't doubt they'll be able to do it soon, though with my current gear level I definitely will not be in the raid when they do. Got a couple upgrades in Naxx but sadly no new weapons which I need desperately.

On another note, I am a total moron for ever thinking devilsaur was raid viable, stupid thing has a massive hitbox and died on every lava wave the first night of Sartharion attempts even when it was standing right next to me. The lv 80 wolf I tamed as a last-second replacement yesterday did not die even once. Ended up respec'ing to the cookie-cutter Readiness spec even though it will probably be dead next week. That was my first respec ever on that character so it's not like it was a big waste of money anyway.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 23:34   Link #2207
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Quote:
Thanks. 10-man 3-drake is the one fight my guild hasn't cleared yet. I don't doubt they'll be able to do it soon, though with my current gear level I definitely will not be in the raid when they do. Got a couple upgrades in Naxx but sadly no new weapons which I need desperately.

On another note, I am a total moron for ever thinking devilsaur was raid viable, stupid thing has a massive hitbox and died on every lava wave the first night of Sartharion attempts even when it was standing right next to me. The lv 80 wolf I tamed as a last-second replacement yesterday did not die even once. Ended up respec'ing to the cookie-cutter Readiness spec even though it will probably be dead next week. That was my first respec ever on that character so it's not like it was a big waste of money anyway.

Yeah, a lot of people complained about the devilsaur's hit box on various forums. Not sure if that's getting fixed next patch. Even with a normal pet, Sarth is a pain. Pretty much have to call your pet back to you a lot depending on your positioning. Anyways, cat/corpid is pretty much the way to go for pets nowaways. However, PTR testers are seeing competitive dps from various exotic pets, so I may end up looking for Loque after all. Of course, I may just end up respeccing SV after the patch the way things are looking atm.

What's your hunter's name?
Old 2009-01-16, 01:59   Link #2208
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Skinning is a pain to level in Outland and Northrend though. The numbers required for skillups are almost as bad as those required for Fishing. I'd say there's more money in Mining due to the chance of gems, as well as the inflated value of Saronite and Titanium. Even Cobalt fetches a very good price.

I've never been a fan of double gathering because of having to go back to lowbie areas and chew up more time. I personally found picking a herbing, skinning a corpse or mining a node while levelling to be more effective than double backing.

PS. Mining change in 3.0.8 - ABOUT TIME! 1 attempt to get the whole lot!
Old 2009-01-16, 02:45   Link #2209
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mining changes?
Old 2009-01-16, 02:46   Link #2210
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Nodes only require 1 'tap' to get all the ore, rather then taking ~3 'taps'. They are the same as herb nodes now. You still get the same amount of ore as the multi-taps though. Rich Saronite and Titanium Nodes will be packed.
Old 2009-01-16, 02:53   Link #2211
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmm, no more sharing nodes then? That was handy in Icecrown in those areas in the plains were there are just way too many mobs. Teamed up with a paladin after calling out a Titanium node on General. Took both of us to clear a big enough circle to mine the thing. If it was Saronite, I wouldn't have cared...Saronite comes a dime a dozen...but Titanium?
Old 2009-01-16, 05:49   Link #2212
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

There are other profession changes.

Alchemy will have Northrend Alchemy Research cooldown reduced from 7 days to 3 days.
Enchanting from the 420-odd recipes or so will have amounts of Greater Cosmic Essence and Infinite Dust significantly reduced.
Enchanting gets a new Stamina to Bracers recipe.
Kungaloosh, Fish Feast and a new Worg recipe are coming into Cooking.
Enchanting will also be able to create epic BoP Wands only just below Naxxramas quality from Void Shards.

Also, Death Knight and Warrior tanks were apparently suffering bugs with Frost Presence and Defensive Stance. That has been fixed.

There are many more. Check WorldofRaids for the full lot.
Old 2009-01-16, 06:01   Link #2213
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Enchanting from the 420-odd recipes or so will have amounts of Greater Cosmic Essence and Infinite Dust significantly reduced.
Note that they also will take Dream Shards, which they didn't before. Apparently Blizzard overcompensated for the absurd prices of Prismatic Shards in BC by making very few recipes use Dream Shards in WotLK. However, since dust and essence are now absurdly expensive and shards are dirt cheap (you'll generally get more money out of vendoring the blue BoP stuff than you would by selling the shards on the AH), they're changing things.

In other words, invest in shards now.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 11:13   Link #2214
krisslanza

Quote:
Skinning is a pain to level in Outland and Northrend though. The numbers required for skillups are almost as bad as those required for Fishing. I'd say there's more money in Mining due to the chance of gems, as well as the inflated value of Saronite and Titanium. Even Cobalt fetches a very good price.

I've never been a fan of double gathering because of having to go back to lowbie areas and chew up more time. I personally found picking a herbing, skinning a corpse or mining a node while levelling to be more effective than double backing.

PS. Mining change in 3.0.8 - ABOUT TIME! 1 attempt to get the whole lot!
Skinning is an easy profession to level as long as you're killing a lot of beasts and such to begin with anyway. Since, as far as I know, there's no 'set' number you have to skin to get a point. It's just based on your luck with percents.

And Mining is almost always profitable. I think even copper sells for a lot in comparison to how easy it is to get. This varies by server though but it would only take a quick research check to figure it out.
Old 2009-01-16, 16:30   Link #2215
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Much thanks. The PVP story didn't made much sense to me, i'm to use to Alterac Valley and Arati Basin honor grinding. But sounds like PVP has become less like a slow grind fest from what i did understood.

Will keep you informed when i start WoW, and how i do

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 16:56   Link #2216
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Yeah, a lot of people complained about the devilsaur's hit box on various forums. Not sure if that's getting fixed next patch. Even with a normal pet, Sarth is a pain. Pretty much have to call your pet back to you a lot depending on your positioning. Anyways, cat/corpid is pretty much the way to go for pets nowaways. However, PTR testers are seeing competitive dps from various exotic pets, so I may end up looking for Loque after all. Of course, I may just end up respeccing SV after the patch the way things are looking atm.

What's your hunter's name?
Bartley, Arygos. Make sure you laugh when you see my amazing melee weapon.

Funny story about Loque, this idiot hunter in my old guild was convinced he was a cat. I tried to tell her, no, he looks like a cat but his classification is spirit beast, an entirely separate pet type. She didn't get it. She also used a corehound and a worm as raiding pets. Yeah I'm really glad I left that guild.
Old 2009-01-16, 17:27   Link #2217
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Quote:
Bartley, Arygos. Make sure you laugh when you see my amazing melee weapon.

Funny story about Loque, this idiot hunter in my old guild was convinced he was a cat. I tried to tell her, no, he looks like a cat but his classification is spirit beast, an entirely separate pet type. She didn't get it. She also used a corehound and a worm as raiding pets. Yeah I'm really glad I left that guild.
Shouldn't be difficult to pick up a replacement considering the guild you're in now. As a reminder, if no druids want Journey's End, make sure to put in a bid for it. Going to be best in slot when the new patch comes.

Yeah, I've seen some pretty terrible hunters while pugging various raids. A hunter with a wasp pet (patch will actually make it a decent pet). A hunter with 67 points in MM but didn't get Chimera Shot. A hunter with 49 points in BM but 0/3 Cobra Strikes. The list goes on.
Old 2009-01-16, 17:34   Link #2218
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Shouldn't be difficult to pick up a replacement considering the guild you're in now. As a reminder, if no druids want Journey's End, make sure to put in a bid for it. Going to be best in slot when the new patch comes.

Yeah, I've seen some pretty terrible hunters while pugging various raids. A hunter with a wasp pet (patch will actually make it a decent pet). A hunter with 67 points in MM but didn't get Chimera Shot. A hunter with 49 points in BM but 0/3 Cobra Strikes. The list goes on.
Actually that came up just the other day, don't remember if it was that staff specifically but some feral staff dropped and the other hunter said he wanted it. I'd forgotten about that upcoming change and he brought it up so I let him have it without saying anything, am going to try to get it for sure if it drops again though.
Old 2009-01-16, 19:04   Link #2219
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Silly Hunters

You on Arygos to Xellos?
Old 2009-01-16, 20:46   Link #2220
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Silly Hunters

You on Arygos to Xellos?

Nope. I'm on Ner'zhul. Kagamin is my hunter, Shana is my DK.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows