AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 61 37.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 26.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 17.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 9.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.85%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-01, 04:28   Link #101
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
For those who are curious check out the fight between Keichi and Rena with the Original BGM from the same fight from during the game:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Abqj3W44Ikw
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2006-10-01, 04:37   Link #102
Wacky

Non-game anime watcher here. When I finished watching this episode I thought "That's... it?" I certainly hope that

Quote:
I can't cure your thirst
because the truth that you expect isn't there
isn't the truth...

But looking at this thread it turns out that the animators just left out the true ending. I enjoyed reading the TIPS and Poems by Sushi-Y et al much more than I would have had I just read a summary. Thank you Sushi-Y et al!

Isn't there a Higurashi manga? Will it cover the last two arcs?

As for the series itself, I think it would have been the best anime of the year if the animators of one of the Haruhi's (Suzumiya or Fujioka) had taken it up. But it wasn't, and well..
Old 2006-10-01, 05:09   Link #103
MarthX

Someone should go through all twenty-six episodes and replace DEEN's music with the game's. That would be an interesting project.
Old 2006-10-01, 06:39   Link #104
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
I really liked that that episode... If the game is so much better, then I can't wait until I play it...
Old 2006-10-01, 06:48   Link #105
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
For those who are curious check out the fight between Keichi and Rena with the Original BGM from the same fight from during the game:

Nope, MODer applied wrong BGM for that one and he says so in the comment, although written in Japanese.
(彷徨いの言葉は天に導かれ is the BGM used in scene from Rika's headbutt to K's disarming the bomb)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm9NSTSH1LI
This is correct one, which features 見えない何かに怯える夜 - this theme was also used in watergun fight, obviously to give fights the same atmosphere.
Old 2006-10-01, 07:53   Link #106
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
the start of this ep caught my attention O.o
rena has completely flipped...i though she slashed into mion's head but good thing it was just the back of the blade...but shit she was brutal
up to the part where k1 falls for rena's trap i began to piss myself O.o
the fight was bloody insane and i really loved the touchy end to rena's evilness...so k1 was able to change the end this time...
question: did the story reset again at the end to focus on rika this time? O.o wht does this mean? it cnt be a parallel world cause rika remembers everything from previous events...would it be a time loop? gah its soo confusing >.<
anyway amazing ep and really good end...its been a while since i had such a good conclusion to a series

edit: oki after reading the tips it shows that everyone dies again through the gas disaster thing...dam those bastards...they should give k1 and CO. a bloody break...id guess the will always all die then

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-01, 08:38   Link #107
Nork22

Well watched the last episode, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Now then, I've pretty much read about 40ish odd post before I had to stop myself from spoiling the game's story too soon so I'll avoid everything in this thread (and the game spoilers thread) and read up all the TIPS, and await to pick up the PS2 port.
Old 2006-10-01, 10:12   Link #108
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacky
Isn't there a Higurashi manga? Will it cover the last two arcs?
Yes and yes.
Old 2006-10-01, 11:32   Link #109
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
edit: oki after reading the tips it shows that everyone dies again through the gas disaster thing...dam those bastards...they should give k1 and CO. a bloody break...id guess the will always all die then
If we didn't read the TIPS, we wouldn't have known that.
We also wouldn't have known that Rika would die again in a horribly mutilated fashion.

If not for KJ, Lostblue, and SushiY, we wouldn't have known that there are in fact two more arcs; two more chances for Rika to find the perfect ending where everyone lives the entire sequence happily ever after (except for poor Tomitake).

There were some things left unexplained, like just what the heck happened to the note and the syringe/marker Keiichi left behind the clock all the way back in the first arc, what made Tomitake (and then K1) claw his own throat out, but as endings go it wasn't too bad at all.
Old 2006-10-01, 12:01   Link #110
imac2much

Technically 5 arcs right... won't the ps2 game have 3 new arcs instead of Matsuribayashihen? (Not counting the new arcs in manga since those are side stories with different characters)
Old 2006-10-01, 12:34   Link #111
Grey

Haaah, so it's finished. This episode seemed decent to me, although the aftermath of the battle (with the implied reset) could have been done better. Plus I'm a KeiichixRena fan, so this arc was gold to me.

Given the potential awesomeness of this storyline, I suppose I'll have to go digging for the manga and game now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm9NSTSH1LI
This is correct one, which features 見えない何かに怯える夜 - this theme was also used in watergun fight, obviously to give fights the same atmosphere.
Wow, the music fit quite well up to the battle's end--I was quite impressed. I especially like the music switch when Keiichi promised to believe in Rena's beliefs and follow them through if she won. Awesome stuff.
Old 2006-10-01, 13:09   Link #112
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Nice, I love when possessed Rika calls Rena, cleaver girl XD

Im still so confused by this anime so now its time to read all the TIPS!

I was still thinking Rena was gonna kill Kei, I was waiting for it but instead she had a mental break down.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-10-01, 13:22   Link #113
Kisuke06
I see...

Well, the anime is over now. This last episode was very good, it's a shame that the 2 last arcs aren't going to be animated.

Well, now I have to read the TIPS for this episode and then read the "Your Qs for Higurashi Answered" thread.

BTW, I would like to thank kj1980, Sushi-Y and LostBlue. Without the TIPS higurashi wouldn't be the same, lucky that these guys decided to translate the TIPS.
Old 2006-10-01, 14:49   Link #114
narutosace16

Well the anime is finally over *in corner crying*. Man I wish the series would have been longer, but alas that isn't possible. Oh well. I guess I am pretty satisfied with it overall. I wish I knew Japanese so I could read the sound novels. Maybe when I get older. Being 16 sucks. I cant buy the novels let alone read 'em. Need to make a mental note and remember to buy games when I leave the "nest".

Well enough about me....Overall other than the really bad animation in some parts it was really good. The mystery kept me on the verge of my seat throughout.

A lot of the posts complained about the music not going along with the anime. Then I thought to myself, "There was music?". Have to rewatch and pay special attention to that.

I give this anime 10/10 as it skyrocketed to favorite anime ever. Past Mai-HiME and Suzuka. Really glad that DEEN decided to pick up the project and make it into an anime.

A special thanks to the wind crew for subbing it. Also a big thanks to Sushi-Y, kj1980, and LostBlue for translating all of the TIPS and not spoiling us too much. Now I have to find another series to look forward to every week. Oh well...
Old 2006-10-01, 15:19   Link #115
BakaOnna

Quote:
I can't cure your thirst
because the truth that you expect isn't there
Is that what the last scene with the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni logo and END said? I was wondering what the kanji read.
Old 2006-10-01, 15:35   Link #116
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2

Like I said, the anime's selection of music sucked compared to the original music in the game... I'm sure the anime would've gotten at least several better points from the fans if they had used the original music.
Old 2006-10-01, 15:41   Link #117
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna
Is that what the last scene with the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni logo and END said? I was wondering what the kanji read.
No, if you're thinking about the same thing as me, it says "This story is fictional" or something like that. There was the same message at the end of every episode, it was just sometimes cut off.
Old 2006-10-01, 17:53   Link #118
-EV-
NSX Commander

Send a message via MSN to -EV-
Quote:
Originally Posted by narutosace16
I give this anime 10/10 as it skyrocketed to favorite anime ever. Really glad that DEEN decided to pick up the project and make it into an anime.

Now I have to find another series to look forward to every week. Oh well...
Exactly my thoughts. Even when the animation was pretty inconsistent, the overall package is all kinds of awesome.

Quote:
A special thanks to the wind crew for subbing it. Also a big thanks to Sushi-Y, kj1980, and LostBlue for translating all of the TIPS and not spoiling us too much.
Indeed, you guys rock so much, thank you all for everything T_T
Old 2006-10-01, 21:14   Link #119
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Oh geez.

Did anyone think the battle was pretty great? Especially the end where
Spoiler:

LOTS of unanswered questions. Lots of them. But enough were provided
to kind of get a feel for what was happening:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-01, 22:48   Link #120
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
Spoiler:
Exactly what I was thinking. I hereby declare this anime's officially unoffical title to be Groundhog no Naku Koro ni.
Closed Thread