AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-10-09, 16:51   Link #501
Tainaka
Enpatsu Shakugan

I wasn't sure where to add this, but I guess it fits. I didn't want to add it to the PSP discussion since it's a totally different game even though it was released in celebration for it.

Anyhow:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...phone-game-app

Basically they're making a special Mami-themed game as a smartphone app! JOY. Well.. for those that have a smartphone...
I wonder if it's possible to play this game some other way? (Doesn't have a smartphone)
Tainaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 20:26   Link #502
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainaka View Post
I wasn't sure where to add this, but I guess it fits. I didn't want to add it to the PSP discussion since it's a totally different game even though it was released in celebration for it.

Anyhow:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...phone-game-app

Basically they're making a special Mami-themed game as a smartphone app! JOY. Well.. for those that have a smartphone...
I wonder if it's possible to play this game some other way? (Doesn't have a smartphone)
On iPhone please! Looks really nice, I love the colors.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 01:44   Link #503
Tainaka
Enpatsu Shakugan

I agree!! It says they have yet to announce which platform or platforms that the app will support... Let's stay optimistic though!

Also someone had posted a much better quality picture in the image thread. I hope I'll get to play it
Tainaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 20:43   Link #504
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
魔法少女まどか☆マギカ ポータブルの発売決定を記念して、スマートフォン用アプリのマミのドキドキティロフィナーレが無料配信され ます!!

スマホ用としか書かれていないので予想なのですが
i Phone,iPad,iPodTouch,Androidあたりに対応してくるのだと思います。
Old 2011-10-13, 23:00   Link #505
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Figma Sayaka comes with 8 swords...

More on Figma Blog:
http://ameblo.jp/figma/entry-11046867762.html

This is a definitely buy for me...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 23:26   Link #506
Kudryavka

What's with Sayaka'a cloth cape?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
魔法少女まどか☆マギカ ポータブルの発売決定を記念して、スマートフォン用アプリのマミのドキドキティロフィナーレが無料配信され ます!!

スマホ用としか書かれていないので予想なのですが
i Phone,iPad,iPodTouch,Androidあたりに対応してくるのだと思います。
Awesome. I hope they distribute it through means other than the Apple Store, since it's unnecessarily hard downloading out-of-region apps on there.
Old 2011-10-14, 02:27   Link #507
sea89

Android Market Link Not compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S?
sea89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 16:32   Link #508
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Here's the Puella Magi Madoka Magica English

Ref: http://www.madokamagicausa.com/product-combo1.php
Old 2011-10-14, 17:50   Link #509
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Here's the Puella Magi Madoka Magica English

Ref: http://www.madokamagicausa.com/product-combo1.php
Quote:
* Combo Box Set including Blu-ray, DVD and Soundtrack CD #1 (composed by Yuki Kajiura)
OH HELL YES.
I must admit, I'm not too happy about them doing these as singles in this age of 13-episode collections, and the price seems a bit on the high side, but let's just say CDs are my favourite kind of extras... And seeing how the Japanese releases were way too expensive and they never released the soundtrack separately, that just makes it even better. What's more... Did you just say the BluRay is region-free?

...Well what can I say? This is awesome. I am so preordering this the second it shows up on RightStuf.
Old 2011-10-14, 18:23   Link #510
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

lol I hope they don't take back what they said.

And do you think people will pay for that? It's $70+ (Madoka's tears, sweat, used clothes and pantsu blood combined....)

Not happy with the DVD though. No one needs DVD combos.... Blu-Ray is the win.
Old 2011-10-14, 19:50   Link #511
Kudryavka

Quote:
lol I hope they don't take back what they said.

And do you think people will pay for that? It's $70+ (Madoka's tears, sweat, used clothes and pantsu blood combined....)

Not happy with the DVD though. No one needs DVD combos.... Blu-Ray is the win.
Exactly. I hope they have the combo set without the DVD for a lower price.

They're not going to make any Blu-Ray Collector's Collection Box?? Aw
Old 2011-10-14, 22:32   Link #512
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
Exactly. I hope they have the combo set without the DVD for a lower price.
Dear lord. As someone who bought the first 2 volumes of the Japanese BD (and gave up on buying them after the licensing announcement), I think you're getting a huge bargain. The US limited edition release, with four episodes on BD and DVD plus all the nice extras, costs $75. You don't want to pay for extras? Then purchase the regular edition for a mere $40. The Japanese release cost me a whopping $80 per volume of only BD and extras, and that's only two episodes per BD. So even if you pay for the limited US edition, which you don't have to do, you're paying less than 50% of the original price sold in Japan. You're lucky that you're given the chance to support a good anime on a 50%/70% discount.

Of course, Funimation's BD sets are wonderfully priced, but that's a luxury more than anything when it comes to anime pricing. I wish it could be the standard, but apparently the market doesn't work that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
OH HELL YES.
I must admit, I'm not too happy about them doing these as singles in this age of 13-episode collections, and the price seems a bit on the high side, but let's just say CDs are my favourite kind of extras... And seeing how the Japanese releases were way too expensive and they never released the soundtrack separately, that just makes it even better. What's more... Did you just say the BluRay is region-free?

...Well what can I say? This is awesome. I am so preordering this the second it shows up on RightStuf.
Agreed so much. I'll grab this release when I feel like it.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 07:33   Link #513
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Of course, Funimation's BD sets are wonderfully priced, but that's a luxury more than anything when it comes to anime pricing. I wish it could be the standard, but apparently the market doesn't work that way.
But Funimation pricing is the norm (in the US). It's just a lot of companies are not releasing anime anymore. But Funi's pricing model is not anything special.

Aniplex USA's pricing on the otherhand is ridiculous and not what most companies charge.

However this is Madoka & I am sure they will get enough buyers to pay those prices & hey if it works for them (I just don't think I am personally a big enough fan to pay those prices).
Old 2011-10-15, 07:45   Link #514
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
But Funimation pricing is the norm (in the US). It's just a lot of companies are not releasing anime anymore. But Funi's pricing model is not anything special.

Aniplex USA's pricing on the otherhand is ridiculous and not what most companies charge.
Excuse my horrid ignorance then.

My main objective was to provide some perspective. Not everyone here can afford Aniplex's BDs, and I'm sorry for those who can't, but the prices of most anime BDs in Japan are horrendously expensive. I'm mostly saying we should be thankful that Madoka Magica was brought to the USA, and thus got a much cheaper price than that of its original release in Japan.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 08:56   Link #515
Kirarakim

Quote:
Excuse my horrid ignorance then.
That's a little extreme don't you think.

Quote:
My main objective was to provide some perspective. Not everyone here can afford Aniplex's BDs, and I'm sorry for those who can't, but the prices of most anime BDs in Japan are horrendously expensive. I'm mostly saying we should be thankful that Madoka Magica was brought to the USA, and thus got a much cheaper price than that of its original release in Japan.
Yes I understand anime is extremely expensive in Japan. But that is all anime in Japan. It's just a different market than the US. And yet Aniplex USA's prices are closer to a Japanese model than a US pricing model. Well okay maybe they are inbetween the two pricing models is more accurate.

As for it coming to the US, of course I am thankful when any series I enjoy gets licensed because I need subtitles, so even if I could afford the Japanese prices (with the exchange rate) it wouldn't do me much good.

As for being disappointed in Aniplex's costs that is just a personal thing because I am not sure I can justify the expense. However, I am not everyone and I am sure plenty of fans in the R1 market will be happy to pay these prices for Madoka. These prices won't work for every series here, but I think Madoka is popular enough that it will. It doesn't change the fact that I think the prices are unfair (again not in comparison to the Japanese prices but to other anime releases here).
Old 2011-10-15, 09:53   Link #516
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea89 View Post
Android Market Link Not compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S?
I can't download it even on my HTC Desire HD...
And my friend using SGS II cant open it too...

Trying to find its .apk file...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 11:08   Link #517
Kudryavka

Quote:
Dear lord. As someone who bought the first 2 volumes of the Japanese BD (and gave up on buying them after the licensing announcement), I think you're getting a huge bargain. The US limited edition release, with four episodes on BD and DVD plus all the nice extras, costs $75. You don't want to pay for extras? Then purchase the regular edition for a mere $40. The Japanese release cost me a whopping $80 per volume of only BD and extras, and that's only two episodes per BD. So even if you pay for the limited US edition, which you don't have to do, you're paying less than 50% of the original price sold in Japan. You're lucky that you're given the chance to support a good anime on a 50%/70% discount.
I'm not going to compare myself to an extremely overpriced market that I never plan on buying anything from, in this case the (niche) anime DVD/Blu-Ray market in Japan.

Like, if I said I don't want to buy one regular brand of an American loaf of super fortified bread for $100 (considering that there are other brands of unfortified bread for ~$40), and you telling me that I should be happy to pay $100 for that fortified bread because the Japanese have to pay $200 for that same loaf. You know what I mean? Suum cuique, suum cuique.

And I decided on buying the Blu-Ray alone. (I fail to understand why anyone would buy the same anime twice on Blu-Ray and DVD. Perspective on this?)
Old 2011-10-15, 19:05   Link #518
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
I'm not going to compare myself to an extremely overpriced market that I never plan on buying anything from, in this case the (niche) anime DVD/Blu-Ray market in Japan.

Like, if I said I don't want to buy one regular brand of an American loaf of super fortified bread for $100 (considering that there are other brands of unfortified bread for ~$40), and you telling me that I should be happy to pay $100 for that fortified bread because the Japanese have to pay $200 for that same loaf. You know what I mean? Suum cuique, suum cuique.

And I decided on buying the Blu-Ray alone. (I fail to understand why anyone would buy the same anime twice on Blu-Ray and DVD. Perspective on this?)
One for display and one to use.
Old 2011-10-15, 20:42   Link #519
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Well if you have both the Blu-ray and DVD versions, you have another copy to let someone borrow..or watch on the go.

In this case, getting that BD/DVD/CD will give you more extras..particularly the OST.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 23:55   Link #520
Kudryavka

Ok, I see now. Wow, they don't have portable Blu-Ray players yet?? Or is it just that DVD portable players are still way more common and easier to buy?

And I really want the OST, especially because there doesn't seem to be an actual standalone OST released (yet?).

Tags
madoka magica