Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-11, 03:04   Link #28641
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Yeah this one seems odd.

AGE -1 has problems with it's arm staying in for some people because of the peg length, and AGE-2 Legs have some stability issues because of the Trasformation design but, I've never heard anyone complain about the Articulation on any of the AGE MG's.
Lack of articulation with recent Mg's?????
Haven't noticed that one, I started to build MG AGE-1 Normal a few days ago so if i have these issues i'll mention them, but what i've seen on pictures with dalong, all have great to superb articulation. It's not like we are back in the days of the early MG's. Recent Mg's are more articulation then the old benchmark MG Strike so it will be good.

As for the inner frame: "frankly my dear, i don't give a damn"
it's a nice gimmick but how manny of you actually build a MG to display the inner frame???? I never take of the armor parts again once a MG is completely finished and put in a glass display.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 05:35   Link #28642
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Lack of articulation with recent Mg's?????
Haven't noticed that one, I started to build MG AGE-1 Normal a few days ago so if i have these issues i'll mention them, but what i've seen on pictures with dalong, all have great to superb articulation. It's not like we are back in the days of the early MG's. Recent Mg's are more articulation then the old benchmark MG Strike so it will be good.

As for the inner frame: "frankly my dear, i don't give a damn"
it's a nice gimmick but how manny of you actually build a MG to display the inner frame???? I never take of the armor parts again once a MG is completely finished and put in a glass display.
Honestly, i dunno. I do keep my shelf-diving bastard of a force impulse with the innerframe fully exposed next to my non-shelfdiving fully built force impulse, so many pieces of the frame was damaged on the first one that i bought a new one and salvaged it for pretty much all its worth, minus the inner frame.

... so i guess detailed inner frames do have some use?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 09:04   Link #28643
bio9205
Reborn

If anything, the Gundam kits of recent years (in fact, almost anything made in the 2000s) has insane articulation compared to say an action figure. In fact, articulation is one of the main reasons why I like Gundam kits. Sure, it may come at the expense of having to spend the extra effort building your figure, and also the possibility of loose joints/parts, but articulation is one feature of a Gundam model kit I do NOT expect to be complaining about, and definitely will not.

EDIT: HGUC Banshee Norn. Looks cool but I'll wait for Destroy mode.

Spoiler for HGUC Banshee Norn:

Last edited by bio9205; 2013-01-11 at 10:17.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 10:26   Link #28644
Zeydra
A random passerby

When it has that shield on its back that seriously reminds me of a shark.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 11:01   Link #28645
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
If anything, the Gundam kits of recent years (in fact, almost anything made in the 2000s) has insane articulation compared to say an action figure. In fact, articulation is one of the main reasons why I like Gundam kits. Sure, it may come at the expense of having to spend the extra effort building your figure, and also the possibility of loose joints/parts, but articulation is one feature of a Gundam model kit I do NOT expect to be complaining about, and definitely will not.

EDIT: HGUC Banshee Norn. Looks cool but I'll wait for Destroy mode.

Spoiler for HGUC Banshee Norn:
I might just buy its destroy mode if it comes with the hyper bazooka
Old 2013-01-11, 14:00   Link #28646
Skye629

Perfect excuse for me to get another Banshee set and paint the Psychoframe green rofl, then ill have 4 awesome banshee kits on my shelf

Oh yeah I want a jegan now, the thumbs down it did in the promo vid was priceless

Bandai, plz make a normal Jegan Type D (or whatever the model number is that appears in UC) with a thumbs down hand, I would pay for that

Last edited by Skye629; 2013-01-11 at 14:15.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 14:02   Link #28647
ZackFair_Buster
HGFC Shining Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Update on my UC MG, Sinanju ver Ka

Spoiler for Legs:

Destroyed some decals here and there, but they aren't that obvious and I kinda feel lazy soo, whatever :P
care to ask... how many layers of top coat did apply to your Sinanju to get that super matte finish??

i always do a first layer of gloss to protect the waterslides, and then i do the rest of the layers in matte, but even after one or two i can´t get that kind of finish....

Thnak you...
ZackFair_Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 14:36   Link #28648
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Unlike the previous HG Banshee Unimod, the HG Unimod of Banshee Norn looks menacing because it actually has functional weapons.

The question now is: will the Banshee Norn Desmod’s frame be green or yellow?
Old 2013-01-11, 21:48   Link #28649
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackFair_Buster View Post
care to ask... how many layers of top coat did apply to your Sinanju to get that super matte finish??

i always do a first layer of gloss to protect the waterslides, and then i do the rest of the layers in matte, but even after one or two i can´t get that kind of finish....

Thnak you...
Yes, I do use gloss to protect the waterslides as well. Then a layer of matte. usually, it's two coats, but the last coat is just a touch up for areas that haven't gotten proper coating.

I think the problem lies on the brand. I use Tamiya's TS-80, how about you?

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 05:09   Link #28650
Skye629

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...l#comment-form

DAT TALLGEESE! So simple! So efficient! Great articulation! Dat Kneeling pose! Just like in the anime!

Im definitely going to wait for a MG Tallgeese III now
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 05:33   Link #28651
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...l#comment-form

DAT TALLGEESE! So simple! So efficient! Great articulation! Dat Kneeling pose! Just like in the anime!

Can't agree more! That's PRE-ORDERED
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 10:16   Link #28652
suiton629
Master Grade Master

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...ailblazer.html

Looks like Bandai is stirring up Gundam 00 again. =D

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...tom-build.html

Damn it, GG..LOL I thought a MG Wing Gundam (TV) was really coming..LOL

Last edited by suiton629; 2013-01-12 at 10:42.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 12:42   Link #28653
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...ailblazer.html

Looks like Bandai is stirring up Gundam 00 again. =D

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/0...tom-build.html

Damn it, GG..LOL I thought a MG Wing Gundam (TV) was really coming..LOL
That Coversion kit has been around for a long time now.

Really good, but given it uses the Wing Zero EW as the bsae and how stylized it's wing's and shoulders are you can barely even say it's the TV version.

Granted I love it, but I love it for many reasons that every TV fan would hate the thing.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 13:52   Link #28654
Butagami

Tallgeese is awesome. I'm really a fan of those...well, what can you call them...thruster-pod-wing-things-on-its-back? Yeah that covers it. I should buy it to go with my Wing, but right now I'm a little tight on money (not to mention I still have my backlog to keep me occupied)
Old 2013-01-12, 19:18   Link #28655
loon1688

Real Grade Zeta Gundam........

loon1688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 00:00   Link #28656
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Unlike the previous HG Banshee Unimod, the HG Unimod of Banshee Norn looks menacing because it actually has functional weapons.

The question now is: will the Banshee Norn Desmod’s frame be green or yellow?
Probably yellow. Regular Unicorn seems to retain its red frame colour, going by the episode 6 trailer. I prefer the yellow on Banshee as well, IMO the green looks horrible on it.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 00:31   Link #28657
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

@loon1688:
Great poses and crystal clear pictures always makes your photos a joy to watch . Nice RG Zeta and nicely colored pilot you got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Probably yellow. Regular Unicorn seems to retain its red frame colour, going by the episode 6 trailer. I prefer the yellow on Banshee as well, IMO the green looks horrible on it.
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the green-framed Banshee too, but I also think that some variation would be nice. In short, I'm torn between preferring yellow or green on Norn .
Old 2013-01-13, 01:04   Link #28658
maknaedik

@loon1688

NICE! Makes me want to do my RG Strike Rouge already

@nike

BTW! May I add something to your list? Since you have trans-am version of Exia and 00-Raiser, don't you want MG Qan[T] Trans-am, MG Qan[T] Quantum Burst version, MG Qan[T] /w Full Saber Trans-am, MG Qan[T] Quantum Burst version and MG 00 7/S G Inspection colors?

Spoiler for MG Sinanju:

Shield, rifle and bazooka left. I still have to buy gattling guns XD

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com

Last edited by maknaedik; 2013-01-13 at 08:41.
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 09:06   Link #28659
Zeydra
A random passerby

Wow, this comparison picture of a painted Rozen Zulu next to the out of the box Rozen Zulu really highlights how badly Bandai did on this kit. It also shows just how good looking the Rozen Zulu is.

Source and more images. http://gundamguy.blogspot.com.au/201...-build_13.html
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 11:38   Link #28660
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Wow, this comparison picture of a painted Rozen Zulu next to the out of the box Rozen Zulu really highlights how badly Bandai did on this kit. It also shows just how good looking the Rozen Zulu is.

Source and more images. http://gundamguy.blogspot.com.au/201...-build_13.html
One could argue that this is a model kit and not a toy. If you aren't happy with the looks you can always paint it. The HG Delta Plus doesn't have anime accurate colors as well for example. It's a lot darker than the MG.
However, I really don't understand why they used a brown-ish color instead of purple for the Rozen Zulu... That part I can understand, there is a difference between a different shade of the original color and using a different color all together. In that regard the Rozen does look pretty bad. But still, you can always just paint it yourself. And in this case it really isn't difficult.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy