AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 57 Rating
Perfect 10 33 55.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 3.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-17, 09:17   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Right? You see a guy with chalk in his hand, knowing he is an alchemist, you should keep an eye on him. lol.
As it was mentioned, the gang did have their hands full with the Bradley candidates to do anything about it.
Old 2010-05-17, 10:42   Link #22
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Wow...just wow. Fu's death was done very well, the dual yelling btwn Greed and Ling was great, shows how much an impact the Xing crew has had on Greed.

Dang what an ending!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-05-17, 11:18   Link #23
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As it was mentioned, the gang did have their hands full with the Bradley candidates to do anything about it.
Ed could have slapped his hands and broke a piece of the guy's circle.
Old 2010-05-17, 11:38   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Ed could have slapped his hands and broke a piece of the guy's circle.
Really didn't look like he had the time to do something like that. Plus all four of them are in the middle of a battle with strong opponents, and changing their focus to what goldtooth was doing could have easily cost them their life's.
Old 2010-05-17, 11:42   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think it was a mistake to extend that battle like this, it made it pretty awkward. The animation took a dip during that part too.
Old 2010-05-17, 11:49   Link #26
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Really didn't look like he had the time to do something like that. Plus all four of them are in the middle of a battle with strong opponents, and changing their focus to what goldtooth was doing could have easily cost them their life's.
It must have been that gold tooth drawing their attention when they walked in because most of the circle was around him at that time.
Old 2010-05-17, 12:16   Link #27
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Woa, great episode!
I like the inserts Bones does. The Izumi and Olivier talk was really nice. Also nice foreshadowing to Buccaner's fate with the talk about the dead. That he's even able to still stand up - wow.
And jeez even Bones ships Royai . The next episode is gonna hurt D:
I do hope that the extra stuff doesn't lead to cuts <_< If not I really like them, since they help the flow of the story.

Fu was really awesome. Holding up your ground to Bradley really is something. His death was nicely done, really gets this shock moment that it was all for naught. Bradley's pragmatic and calm reaction to Fu's suicide attack was just as cruel as in the manga or even crueler.

Dunno why but here in the anime I found it harder to believe Buccaner was able to sneak behind Fu and hide himself behind the little man - unnoticed by Bradley. Buccaner is a bear of a man and was across the place, wounded. Might be because you can see the the ground behind Fu when he's cut in half.
That's pretty much my only qualm. I don't mind the animation drop in the middle, since it means their saving for later .. I hope.

@the scribbling, that's actually an insert. To give the doctor something to do while everyone fights. The canvas is already there originally, when they enter the room. The way he sits there scribbling calmly adds to his manacing ickiness imo. And the others do have their hands full.
I thought it added a bit to the realism of the scene, since, especially with his "you saved me the trouble" line to Mustang, it made it seem like he was already in the middle of creating the circle when they happened upon him, and if they hadn't done so, he'd have eventually finished it and they'd have been absorbed anyway. In the manga, it seems like he's waiting for them with the circle already complete, and his further waiting while the Bradley rejects fight for a while seems weird...

Of course there is the flip side of two of the the premier alchemists in the country not noticing that the guy's drawing a transmutation circle that whole time, but I'm glad they kept in Riza's quick, if fruitless, response once she realizes what's going on. Could have done a bit better to explain why she stopped shooting, however... Maybe a distracting attack from the guy currently facing her...
Old 2010-05-17, 13:44   Link #28
Rika24
EdWin, Royai, & RoyEd Fan

Send a message via AIM to Rika24 Send a message via MSN to Rika24 Send a message via Yahoo to Rika24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Woa, great episode!
Dunno why but here in the anime I found it harder to believe Buccaner was able to sneak behind Fu and hide himself behind the little man - unnoticed by Bradley. Buccaner is a bear of a man and was across the place, wounded. Might be because you can see the the ground behind Fu when he's cut in half.
That's pretty much my only qualm. I don't mind the animation drop in the middle, since it means their saving for later .. I hope.
I don't think it's that Bradley didn't know he was there, it was that he didn't BELIEVE that Buccaner would stab through an ally to get to him. You know, considering that friends/allies rarely do that sort of thing.
Old 2010-05-17, 14:35   Link #29
speez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
I don't think it's that Bradley didn't know he was there, it was that he didn't BELIEVE that Buccaner would stab through an ally to get to him. You know, considering that friends/allies rarely do that sort of thing.
I think the whole scene would have worked better if after Fuu's failed sucide attack Buccaner would have tried to fight Wrath, sword still in stomach, and Fuu would have then used the sword already there to stab Wrath.

It would just make more sense if the small guy was behind the big bear like guy!
Old 2010-05-17, 14:54   Link #30
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

If you look at the scene again, Bradley turns away from Fu for a second right before the attack, probably to dodge the spray of blood. It's then that Buccaneer attacks.
Old 2010-05-17, 15:13   Link #31
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
Not to mention he can't see through Fu to see Buccaneer approach.
Old 2010-05-17, 15:38   Link #32
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

OMG Izumi nooooooooooooo!!!!! Leave my Izumi alone dammit!!! ... and just when there was some nice Tsundere Female bonding going on ... agrrrrr!!!! I can see those two becoming BFFs, seriously!

On a related note, I really feel bad for the old timer, he got shred to lil pieces by Bradley but I guess that nothing hurt him more than seeing how easily his suicide attempt was rendered useless by Bradley...

Also, watching Greed care for the Old man as he tried to kill himself and Bradley was actually kinda touching.

I am shocked as to how easy it was to trap all of the potential sacrifices regardless of their location.
Old 2010-05-17, 16:54   Link #33
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
I am shocked as to how easy it was to trap all of the potential sacrifices regardless of their location.
I think they were just transported else where. If they went through the gate or something, Al's armor wouldn't have went with him. It was still surprising though.
Old 2010-05-17, 18:07   Link #34
Knowledge Seeker
Student/Lurker

I love this show but...the animation really went downhill here. I guess they are saving the budget for the last episodes?

But there is a lot of GAR in these episodes, so I really cannot complain too much. GAR trumps a lot of things in my book. Moreover, we finally get down to the sacrifice agenda. By looking at the process, it looks painful.

Can't wait until next week.
Old 2010-05-17, 18:24   Link #35
Lumine
Band Army Member

So.. what was that Transmutation Circle? , for a second I thought it was the Nation Wide one. Did the Old Doctor open the Gate of Truth or something?
Old 2010-05-17, 20:19   Link #36
kitten320

Not fair! Why did they skip the combo Izumi/Olivier beating up? I was so looking for that moment!
Spoiler for page:

Other than that, nice episode. though it was a mistake on Fu's part to show all the bombs to Bradley. He should have kept them hidden, it might have worked then.

Anime sure is close... wonder what they will do since only like 7-8 chapters are left and manga is still not finished...
Old 2010-05-17, 20:34   Link #37
Rika24
EdWin, Royai, & RoyEd Fan

Send a message via AIM to Rika24 Send a message via MSN to Rika24 Send a message via Yahoo to Rika24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Not fair! Why did they skip the combo Izumi/Olivier beating up? I was so looking for that moment!
Spoiler for page:

Other than that, nice episode. though it was a mistake on Fu's part to show all the bombs to Bradley. He should have kept them hidden, it might have worked then.

Anime sure is close... wonder what they will do since only like 7-8 chapters are left and manga is still not finished...
i forgot about that scene! yeah, that would have been awesome to see.

and i think they'll make it. we have 2 new episodes left this month and 4 in June, chances are the last chapter will be released 2 weeks before the final 2 episodes air. there are 6 episodes left total.
Old 2010-05-17, 23:46   Link #38
Vicious108

Not a bad episode, but with all the filler scenes and relatively slow pace, these past two episodes might as well have been one. Considering they now have 6 episodes left to cover like... 12 regular chapters worth of content, it sure would've helped.
Old 2010-05-18, 02:23   Link #39
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Awesome episode, loved Fu's fight and Buccaneer's surprise attack (it actually hit!!). Since the Bradley wannabes are meatshields for the doctor, they could have just concentrated fire on G.tooth and everyone would just go out of their way to die for him Too bad they didn't find out till the last moment
About the sacrifices: I THINK it was mentioned that Roy was one too, but he's not in the list of alchemists who performed human transmutation...
Old 2010-05-18, 03:40   Link #40
GaimeGuy

He's a potential sacrifice: someone they think has the alchemical skill to open the gate and survive the process of going through it.

You're thinking of the scene with the higher ups of central command talking amongst themselves about the sacrifices. They ran through Marcoh, Mustang, and Kimblee, although they said that Kimblee wouldn't have the spine to do it.

As of right now, there are four confirmed sacrifices: Hohenheim, Izumi, Ed, and Al. I'm sure you can guess who the fifth one is going to be :P
Closed Thread