AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-10-12, 21:32   Link #2261
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Do you not remember the bath scene of Chapter 204?
now that you mention it.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 21:37   Link #2262
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpnto View Post
Nah, I prefer Negi/Nodoka, though Akamatsu might leave Negi with Asuna at the end anyway (like on most romance anime), though I still think Negi/Nodoka looks good.
One thing though, with the way things are going, there's a chance that something will happen that will cause Asuna to drop out of the running to be Negi's main love interest, which means Nodoka will most likely be the winner if that happens.
Old 2008-10-13, 03:26   Link #2263
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
One thing though, with the way things are going, there's a chance that something will happen that will cause Asuna to drop out of the running to be Negi's main love interest, which means Nodoka will most likely be the winner if that happens.
Nah, the only way that would happen would be if she dies.

Seriously though, with the way things are going its currently a flip of the coin. The past few chapters have shown a lot of Negi/Asuna as well, and with Asuna's increasing involvement with Negi's plot her connections with Negi keep increasing.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 03:30   Link #2264
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

An "I am your mother" moment could do it too. (Maybe... )
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 03:35   Link #2265
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I don't know, the Negi/Asuna amplification just seems to be adding to the plot relevance just as much as they're derailing romance between Negi and Asuna. I've no doubt they'll be closer in due time, but how would that relationship go from there itself is an x-factor.

Like possibly Asuna breaking down while Negi comforts her or something... maybe. Not so fond of that cliche though. :3

Also, Asuna is inferior to many other girls in terms of dynamics with Negi in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
An "I am your mother" moment could do it too. (Maybe... )
Virgin Asunary twist would be creepy.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 04:46   Link #2266
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Derailing? How so?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 06:03   Link #2267
Dark Mage

There hasnt been any blushing scenes with Asuna lately and also I think Negi has been spending more times with the other girls rather than Asuna because lately they havent even been alone together
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 07:26   Link #2268
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Derailing? How so?
Just because Negi gets more emotionally invested and connected with Asuna doesn't make it more romantic, though it potentially could. Especially since now it's driven by an awkward (( how much does Negi actually know about the whole thing? )) drive to protect Asuna's life and identity, also inheriting his father's will to a degree.

Just as more Eva/Negi scenes doesn't really make them more romantically inclined. (( Not that it matters to me too much, Nagi/Eva is superior. ))

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-10-13, 10:32   Link #2269
Hpnto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Just as more Eva/Negi scenes doesn't really make them more romantically inclined. (( Not that it matters to me too much, Nagi/Eva is superior. ))
Lol, true.
Though the Eva/Negi moments were mostly influenced/triggered by Eva, as if she could comfort herself by having the son of her loved one.

Quote:
Just because Negi gets more emotionally invested and connected with Asuna doesn't make it more romantic, though it potentially could
Yh, I think so too.
Also, it may just be a mother/son type of relationship..... sorry Ayaka x.x
Hpnto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 22:23   Link #2270
BlueDo

Still rooting for Asuna/Negi.
What happened in the last chapter wasn't quite a defining moment for me.

Anyone considering that maybe Negi's Wife would be a different person from his Permanent Contract?

I still can't see Asuna not being the one, unless she turns out to be his mother, or related to him.

Last edited by BlueDo; 2008-10-14 at 01:12.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 00:27   Link #2271
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

That thought made me look like your avvy.
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 10:41   Link #2272
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Anyone considering that maybe Negi's Wife would be a different person from his Permanent Contract?
Not to answer a question with a question or anything, but has anyone considered that Negi could have multiple Permanent Contracts? I specifically recall Chamo mentioning when the Pactios were first introduced that most mages are only able to have a single Permanent Contract. And if there's one thing we all know for certain, it's that Negi's not "most mages".

As a matter of fact, if we go with the "Dark/Light combo path" theory for Negi's future growth, upgrading Negi's pactios with his teammates into the permanent form may be what is required to give them the boost they need to be able to support Negi against Fate at his full strength.

Rakan did say it would take years for Negi to master the path of light; maybe he was referring to the time it would take for Negi to grow up enough to form permanent contracts. If that's the case, then the magic could possibly be fudged or deceived if it perceives Negi as being mentally grown up, which may demand something like him maturing a little more and possibly getting over his tendency to try to handle things all by himself.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 13:14   Link #2273
Hpnto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Not to answer a question with a question or anything, but has anyone considered that Negi could have multiple Permanent Contracts? I specifically recall Chamo mentioning when the Pactios were first introduced that most mages are only able to have a single Permanent Contract. And if there's one thing we all know for certain, it's that Negi's not "most mages".

Good point there ^^
Hpnto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 16:48   Link #2274
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

if a temp is made by a kiss ... what about a permanent? *snickers* ... aren't negi still a bit to young for that?
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 19:59   Link #2275
Random Wanderer

...Am I the only one who's worried about the fact that we STILL haven't seen any sign of Anya all this time, despite the fact that every single other character in this mess has appeared multiple times?

...Yeah, I figured I was.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 20:48   Link #2276
Dusk_
Forever Fallen

Send a message via MSN to Dusk_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post

As a matter of fact, if we go with the "Dark/Light combo path" theory for Negi's future growth, upgrading Negi's pactios with his teammates into the permanent form may be what is required to give them the boost they need to be able to support Negi against Fate at his full strength.

Rakan did say it would take years for Negi to master the path of light; maybe he was referring to the time it would take for Negi to grow up enough to form permanent contracts. If that's the case, then the magic could possibly be fudged or deceived if it perceives Negi as being mentally grown up, which may demand something like him maturing a little more and possibly getting over his tendency to try to handle things all by himself.
Well, you're forgetting that for all intents and purposes a Permanent Contract is equivalent to a marriage proposal.

Well, not really, but for Negi and his harem it's basically considered as much. Remember, every time we get some slight innuendo about "being his partner" we get the obligatory "Is her confessing?!". I'm pretty sure the first chapters that explained Pactios also mentioned that it was much like a marriage proposal as well, though I could have muddied my memory.
Dusk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 21:21   Link #2277
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

I'm not forgetting, I'm just thinking of the so-called "Tenchi Solution" as a valid option to settle all the various romantic interests in everyone's favor. I sincerely doubt Ken is going to settle for having Negi hook up with just one character when there's several who are interested in him; Asuna/Negi would leave Nodoka with an effective Bad End, so at the very least I think Negi's going to have more than one Permanent Contract, if not necessarily 7 or 8 of them.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 02:37   Link #2278
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk_ View Post
Well, you're forgetting that for all intents and purposes a Permanent Contract is equivalent to a marriage proposal.

Well, not really, but for Negi and his harem it's basically considered as much. Remember, every time we get some slight innuendo about "being his partner" we get the obligatory "Is her confessing?!". I'm pretty sure the first chapters that explained Pactios also mentioned that it was much like a marriage proposal as well, though I could have muddied my memory.
What about Albeiro and Nagi, then?

Negi said partners were usually married, but there's no obligation. So a pactio would usually be a proposal, but not always.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 04:25   Link #2279
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Rakan = awesome as usual.

Spoiler for Episode 1 : The Fate Menace:

Old 2008-10-16, 04:48   Link #2280
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

didn't we actually see Anya at some waterland together with Misora? ... or was that the stripper duo? :P
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy