AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-11, 01:07   Link #1961
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
first half was pretty good. but for god sakes what were they(producers/director) smoking during the last 7-8 minutes of this episode? i sure don't want to smoke what they were smoking.
They were definitely thinking, "how can we possibly resolve everything in 8 minutes; by having him break free of the mind lock and having two battles to do it."

It makes sense if they didn't really care about wanting to keep the story sane for a possible s2 or ova (the thought of which would enforce some level of accountability) and instead just wanted to wrap it all up in a flashy way. But yea, they tried to put everything in at the end including a pyrotechnics show. The last 8 minutes just can't be taken seriously no matter how it's discussed.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 01:13   Link #1962
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Finally finished watching episode 11

What the hell was that?
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 01:32   Link #1963
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well lets recount:
1. Sakura loses (and so, indirectly, Ranka loses) +2
2. Shizuku plays an important part in the turnaround +1
3. Battle was absolutely retarded on all levels -1
4. Powerup by stripping +1
5. Stripped into ugly uniforms except Shizuku ± 0
6. Singing stuffed animals -1
7. Next ep has Sakura in it -2
8. Sakura isn't dead -5

thus: episode gets a -5

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 01:48   Link #1964
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Well, Kampfer is enjoyable as a whole even if people didn't like this episode, while Princess Lover was a trainwreck from the start. I haven't watched this episode myself either though.

...and I thought we're getting 1 more episode?
true Princess Lover went up, up, then just plummeted to a unique type of bad

there is one more ep to go but it looks like its just one of those filler eps that contibute nothing to the overall plot type episode. but i really hope i am wrong

on the plus side of Kampfer it was a pretty enjoyable season also at least in the last episode each main love interest (excluding Sakura because she is a whore bag) had some type of phisical interaction with Natsuru. also at least now Natsuru knows 100% about how each girl feels for him and there is no more second guessing about who likes him and now it all rests on his shoulders about the decision.

but in the small chance of him still second guessing how the girls feel for him he as a man he should hand in his penis as it will never get used by him
Old 2009-12-11, 02:26   Link #1965
straferd
Toushi

So, is Kampfer any good? I was going to watch it this weekend until I saw this on gg subs:

Quote:
Kampfer has been better than our initial impression of it because it has been consistently bad, unlike other shows which tricked you into thinking they would be better then turned out to be complete shit. It’s p. much impossible to rage at something when your expectations were 0 to begin with. So thanks, Kampfer. Thanks for consistently being terrible.
straferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 02:36   Link #1966
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ it goes from bad, to passable, to good (Shizuku date ep), to bad, to omfg kill me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 02:37   Link #1967
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by straferd View Post
So, is Kampfer any good? I was going to watch it this weekend until I saw this on gg subs:
ultimately its all about what you enjoy or dont mind. as for me i enjoy the show because its one you can watch to relax while at the same time have a decent laugh and a perv. i would reccomend it but dont expect and mentally challenging plot.
Old 2009-12-11, 02:40   Link #1968
Nemesis

HAHAA!

i heard some rumors that the author raged when he saw ep 11.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 02:44   Link #1969
straferd
Toushi

Then I will probably save Kampfer for rainy days... I guess I will watch Blood+, Kaze no Stigma or Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ instead.

Cheers.
straferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 03:27   Link #1970
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
*shrug*

Koda is just being childish again. That's all.

Common consensus is that Kämpfer was quite decent in the first 4 eps, got _really_ good from 5 to the first half of ep11, and then they decided to troll everyone.

I think I'll just pretend that the second half of ep11 didn't happen and be quite happy with the rest, waiting for the novels to finish and the manga to catch up.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 03:30   Link #1971
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
HAHAA!

i heard some rumors that the author raged when he saw ep 11.
Really?

Sources would be welcome. And naturally he'd be pissed. Essentially, the second half was a total trollsub. This is the kind of stuff which is killing franchises, and if I had created Kämpfer, I'd sue the retard who did it ^_^;
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 03:34   Link #1972
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Then I will probably save Kampfer for rainy days... I guess I will watch Blood+, Kaze no Stigma or Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ instead.

Cheers.
thats a good idea. Kaze No Stigma is awesome.
Old 2009-12-11, 03:53   Link #1973
U<3Anime
Boo!

My impression for Ep 11: It felt like I got TROLL'D hard. I'm just going to weep in the corner for now *sniff*

Ok there better be some good fanservice next episode! >=(

Last edited by U<3Anime; 2009-12-11 at 04:06.
U<3Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 04:13   Link #1974
Nosauz

I'm starting to think that the entire mahou shoujo scene is just basically saying that anything past this point is complete and utter crap.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 04:18   Link #1975
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

....*snerks*...I guess I'm not too bothered by it since I didn't have any loft ambitions for this series to begin with...
Old 2009-12-11, 04:19   Link #1976
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
What the hell did I just watch? Sure, this series wasn't a masterpiece, but that ending was wrong by any standard. All of my complaints about episode eleven have already been listed, but I just have to post for catharsis. The stars were out tonight, but my eyes were too full of tears to see anything...
Old 2009-12-11, 04:54   Link #1977
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

If I don't wrong, Kaede's handgun is Beretta 93R with 3-round burst .
Old 2009-12-11, 05:06   Link #1978
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

This anime is so bad, it's good. I'd even watch it again, just because it's that much of a guilty pleasure. Yeah that's right, I admit it. This anime was a guilty pleasure and worth every minute of vacant thought I spent on it.

The final part with Ode to Joy was frankly the hardest I've laughed at an anime in a while. It was so over the top ridiculous that any possible rage you can level at the plot is thrown out the window when you ponder the total acid trip the studio had producing it.

And really, who watched this for any serious plot? It's a story about a trap, stuck in a harem, with people constantly flaunting their assets. Oh there was fighting? I assumed the whole Kampfer thing was just a ruse to get women into provocative poses moaning suggestively to string along twelve episodes of assault on male hormones.

Thank you Kampfer, for being the most entertaining terrible show of season.
Old 2009-12-11, 05:11   Link #1979
Clarste
Human

The show is horrible, but most of the time it seems to know that and run with it to hilarious effect. I never expected much from it, but was consistently pleasantly surprised by it's self-awareness and Shizuku (who deserves her own bullet point for saving the show). The second half of 11 sucked though, with no qualifications. It took the plot too seriously and played the harem comedy too straight. I can see that they had to wrap it up quickly, but I won't pretend that that was even mildly enjoyable. Which is sad, because I usually watch Kampfer with a permanent smirk on my face.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 05:27   Link #1980
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I don't really see what the problem is with this weeks episode. I mean it's not like we were actually going to get an ending, and instead this episode went down the path it was expected to, and did a very enjoyable job. It was a very fitting conclusion.

Ode to Joy by the plushies was a brilliant, absolutely brilliant. That was easily hands down the best moment of the whole series.

The extra episode looks like it'll be a blast, so i'm looking forward to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
*shrug*Common consensus is that Kämpfer was quite decent in the first 4 eps, got _really_ good from 5 to the first half of ep11, and then they decided to troll everyone.
& personally the way i see it, the show was silly fluff from start until finish. If people wanted to check out this series, and keep that in mind, the it's a blast of a watch.

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen