AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 25 23.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 31.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 17.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 16.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.94%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-15, 23:21   Link #121
Kaos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Can we really confirm that Saori is 15? That comes as a major surprise, if true.

As for the episode, I too enjoyed the first half more than the second but the ED made up for it - wow.
Spoiler for Saori's profile in LN:
Old 2010-11-15, 23:22   Link #122
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Archivist View Post
A whole bunch of stuff I completely agree with.
Dude, take this show the way I am, by looking towards the brother, and Kirino.

Shit, don't even waste your time on her.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2010-11-15, 23:39   Link #123
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post

I thought it was always the brother, the protagonist. Hell, the title is 'There's no way MY sister...'
Old 2010-11-15, 23:53   Link #124
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Jeez, everyone in here seems to be tsunderes. Don't lie to yourselves, you know you love Kirino deep down inside

Jokes aside though, I don't see why there is so much blatant hate for Kirino. Compared to the beginning of the series, Kirino is treating Kyousuke much better and still hilariously abusive (verbally that is.) Sure Kirino has a harsh mouth and remains unappreciative but there are are still some deep-seated issues that are yet to be resolved.

I for one am not taking her abusive words seriously considering her obvious love for Kyousuke (whether it be brotherly or romantic ) It's all a facade and that in itself should be apparent.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-11-16, 00:00   Link #125
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
"What you've actually watched six episodes?"
"Quiet I'm actually busy with my life. You should be grateful watched it to episode 6"
I greatly enjoyed Kana Hanazawa's voice acting here. So cool and sarcastic.

Reminds me of real anime conversations I have with people.

The fanfiction part was already pretty funny. The rest... meh, it's been said too much anyways and them going to a hotel is wut. Of course, you can put stuff together, but it's as contrived as the VNs Kiirino plays... or IS IT THAT THE POINT ZOMGZ?

No, I don't care too much about a character being likable or being able to relate to them being a reflector of the quality of a character. But when a certain personality flaw is just used to play the same repeated gag over and over again, it gets tiring fast. Surely, the journey of a girl who has been so detached from everyone emotionally would act out strange towards the first person she can connect with. However, silly ecchi/incest suggestions are old around the 3rd time and how much more do we know about her since episode 3 at the midpoint?

K, the development is about her brother? Fine, but still doesn't get rid of the outlying problems. Despite all of this, I think the episode is ok, so I give it a 6.

P.S. the last scenes before the credits reminds me of Haruhi.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-11-16, 00:59   Link #126
wana10

If any of my younger siblings ever acted in a way similar to the way Kirino acts there would be a major discussion and re-establishment of the chain of command. The fact that he's such a doormat to her is disgusting and the only redeemable parts of this show are when there are other characters in the scene.
Old 2010-11-16, 01:12   Link #127
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
No, I don't care too much about a character being likable or being able to relate to them being a reflector of the quality of a character. But when a certain personality flaw is just used to play the same repeated gag over and over again, it gets tiring fast. Surely, the journey of a girl who has been so detached from everyone emotionally would act out strange towards the first person she can connect with. However, silly ecchi/incest suggestions are old around the 3rd time and how much more do we know about her since episode 3 at the midpoint?

K, the development is about her brother? Fine, but still doesn't get rid of the outlying problems. Despite all of this, I think the episode is ok, so I give it a 6.
The ecchi/incest in this show is extremely mild if you ask me (aside from the cliche scene with Kirino's bra that is ) and you can only say it happened twice throughout the first 7 episodes, including this last episode. To be fair, episode 5 dealt more with Ayane and episode 6 was a Manami episode which contained very little Kirino development. Admittedly the pacing seems too fast especially in the second half of this episode which doesn't help much, but I find myself enjoying this show for what it is.

And now that I think about it, Kirino isn't totally unappreciative of Kyousuke since she thanks him at the end of episode 3. Sure she takes advantage of him but that falls back to the underlying issues that created this distanced relationship in the first place. It's really a way for her to get Kyousuke's attention which she seems to crave. Hopefully they get to that because I'm certainly curious about it.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-11-16, 01:21   Link #128
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't see any wincest in this episode personally. They may have used some stock cliche scenes and situations to suggest the idea, but there's nothing in the characters that could even point to such feelings. The closest would be at the store when Kirino explained why she wanted him to buy it, but that also happens between relative and friends, to a lesser extent.
Old 2010-11-16, 01:29   Link #129
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post

Yeah, I suppose if the cuts the anime adaptation made ended up cutting her good moments and thus exaggerating her bitchiness, then I guess it's more understandable. Like your example, Haruhi is also someone who is rather unlikable to be around, but I'm still find her abundant excitement to find new interesting things entertaining (also, Kyon stop her when she goes too far, and as time goes she mellowed out a bit).

Which, I guess, is the fault of the anime staff then? I mean, I know it's hard to convert all those materials and I'm not expecting for a 1:1 adaptation, but when the characterization becomes skewed then it's a problem. After all, an adaptation must be able to stand up on its own and not riddled with plot-holes and inconsistency to be addressed only in the original source.

Oh, and I agree with what Triple_R said, I guess s/he puts it way better than I do.
I agree with Triple_R as well on the Anime Kirino, the LN version is still not likeable, but she does show a side that the anime failed to convoy.

As for the anime stuff, I first noticed the problem in episode 2 when the shorten the net gathering and add some scene, to me, could have been done without. Give no mistake, the stuffs they added or changed were mostly pretty good, the problem lies in stuff that those scene replaces.

Either way, this is still a very good adaption, and a good anime series, too bad it could have been better and you really have to read the LN to understand some of the intracity in it.
Old 2010-11-16, 01:36   Link #130
Kenn
Stomp

Oh man. I can't say I liked this episode all too much. Kirino was back with her usual attitude. I liked the part where Kuroneko and Kirino mimicked each other though. That was fun. >: Saori hasn't had much screen time as of late too.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Old 2010-11-16, 01:59   Link #131
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Well this show has gone from great show of the season to average comedy/ romantic for me...

The first half is decent (like how the two mimicked each other, that's hilarious...) but the second half is just forced. How did Kyousuke bought on that "buy stuff for me so i can write the novel"? And then Kirino just turn emo and pour a bucket of cold water over herself right in the middle of winter so we can get a hotel screen. And then Minami call, Kirino step out saying the bath in the hotel was great, and Kyousuke can't bring up a good excuse (Kirino trip into a fountain, fall on a bucket, rain..etc..).

It's the whole "fall on her bra" and "froze at the spot and can't stand up" again.... Is it the same like that in the novel? Because if the whole anime is like that then i can understand. But such unnatural development only come up around KirinoxKyousuke. Kinda cheap fan service, really.
Old 2010-11-16, 02:21   Link #132
Kamonichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
Oh man. I can't say I liked this episode all too much. Kirino was back with her usual attitude. I liked the part where Kuroneko and Kirino mimicked each other though. That was fun. >: Saori hasn't had much screen time as of late too.
Saori only interacts via phone and text messages. She could possibly be a AI program whose android body requires too much power to use too frequently.
Old 2010-11-16, 04:26   Link #133
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Jeez, everyone in here seems to be tsunderes. Don't lie to yourselves, you know you love Kirino deep down inside

Jokes aside though, I don't see why there is so much blatant hate for Kirino. Compared to the beginning of the series, Kirino is treating Kyousuke much better and still hilariously abusive (verbally that is.) Sure Kirino has a harsh mouth and remains unappreciative but there are are still some deep-seated issues that are yet to be resolved.

I for one am not taking her abusive words seriously considering her obvious love for Kyousuke (whether it be brotherly or romantic ) It's all a facade and that in itself should be apparent.
Heck, even the dad is.

I enjoyed this weeks episode again, yeah it was a little cliche but most anime usually is. kuroneko and kirino mimicking each other was awesome!
Old 2010-11-16, 05:06   Link #134
Mentar
Banned

I think this episode is great BECAUSE Kirino is back to her usual antics in the end

Tastes are different, but _I_ absolutely can't understand why the exceptionally _boring_ Manami episode was received so well while people sigh about this excellent 2-parter (which displays the true origin of Oreimo). The only explanation I can come up with is that a bi part of the viewership feels uncomfortable with the tension created by Kirino-singing-along-with-Meruru to Insufferable-Selfish-Bitch-Kirino.

Well, I love it. Sorry
Old 2010-11-16, 05:36   Link #135
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
The ecchi/incest in this show is extremely mild if you ask me (aside from the cliche scene with Kirino's bra that is ) and you can only say it happened twice throughout the first 7 episodes, including this last episode. To be fair, episode 5 dealt more with Ayane and episode 6 was a Manami episode which contained very little Kirino development. Admittedly the pacing seems too fast especially in the second half of this episode which doesn't help much, but I find myself enjoying this show for what it is.
It's not horrid, but some things I'd rather just not have-- I just felt going to a hotel just felt extremely out of place.

Aye, it's a problem with all 1/2 season animes. And sadly, most anime seems to be that length and oftentimes time is extremely precious. But it's just that I find myself asking "what are they trying to do with this show?" If it's all for a few cheap laughs, I'm all for that too. But then again I feel that sometimes it takes a pretty mature outlook on things like this and it'd be a waste to find this as just another anime.

Quote:
And now that I think about it, Kirino isn't totally unappreciative of Kyousuke since she thanks him at the end of episode 3. Sure she takes advantage of him but that falls back to the underlying issues that created this distanced relationship in the first place. It's really a way for her to get Kyousuke's attention which she seems to crave. Hopefully they get to that because I'm certainly curious about it.
Pretty much. I find that Kiirino, for whatever reason, insists on guilt tripping everyone; after all, nothing's her fault. She feels nobody will tolerate her, but she also doesn't tolerate anybody else. Which is of course, the whole point, and leaves much to explore... if they'd actually do it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-11-16, 05:57   Link #136
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Thanks a lot for that, but you made your points well yourself.

Just so people know, I'm a guy.
Haha, yeah, I kinda figured that you're a guy as well, just taking a sorta non-gender specific pronoun to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post

That's what I do as well, but the problem is, he spent most of her time with Kirino and that highlights his annoying flaw of being too much of an enabler for her sister's insufferable behavior.

Quote:

Is she really treating him better than in the first few episodes? I think at best it's pretty much the same, and what's annoying is that she should be more appreciative of her brother considering all the things he's done for her and treats him more nicely that what she did in this episode. And well, facade or no facade, all the problems are still there and hurtful words still hurt, you know.
Old 2010-11-16, 07:17   Link #137
Divine witch
Yes,Captain Vocabulary.

Episode really scared me though...who wouldn't be scared if you got surprised by a home waiting maid called Kuroneko >: D
Old 2010-11-16, 07:52   Link #138
MikeyGrey
believe...

^ yea that was freaky lol. but im really surprised at ruri's apparent disregard of the insult she had to suffer the last time they met while covering for her friend. even if kirino was under intense peer-pressure, her behavior was not cool (to say the least).

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-11-16, 09:17   Link #139
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Yeah, I wonder if that was addressed in the novels...
Old 2010-11-16, 11:23   Link #140
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGrey View Post
^ yea that was freaky lol. but im really surprised at ruri's apparent disregard of the insult she had to suffer the last time they met while covering for her friend. even if kirino was under intense peer-pressure, her behavior was not cool (to say the least).
Kuroneko and Saori talked about it in the very episode it happened in. She says she understood why Kirino did it. It hurt, but she still understands. Why would she want to make Kirino feel worse by bringing it up when Kirino already felt bad about it?

Between this being brought up two episodes later and all the Kirino haters, it really seems like a lot of the people here are extremely unforgiving.