AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-24, 03:19   Link #41821
Eratas123

The shatter effect is similar to the shield from Bioshock Infinite. My guess is that they regenerate as well.
Old 2013-04-24, 03:24   Link #41822
DarkJak2050

On the Silverbacks, it does regenerate after getting damaged, but that's if the energy shield doesn't break. If it breaks, it'll have a shatter effect and the Silverback will be downed.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 03:28   Link #41823
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Can someone tell me why exactly Houki thought she was justified in letting illegal fishers die? What, did a fisher bonk her on the head when she was younger and she swore to herself to let them all die?
Funny you're directing that question to Zero and still ask if anyone can answer. :3

I would go out on a limb that she's that hell-bent on getting the Gospel that anyone else in the way that can't defend themselves deserve to be left to die. For a moment there, she had Megatron's mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
The Silverback has that shatter effect as well. If shield has the cracked-glass pattern all over, and it gets a few smaller hits or a huge hit, it'll "shatter" and the Silverback will be downed.

And as for physically seeing the "damage", you can only see it if you're looking through the Silverback's Visor.

An IS pilot can't see it, even when they're in an IS.
Makes sense, the Minerva only has an on-screen indicators to show the barrier tension and armor integrity.
Old 2013-04-24, 03:36   Link #41824
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Makes sense, the Minerva only has an on-screen indicators to show the barrier tension and armor integrity.
At first, I was thinking of having those on the Silverback's Visors, but my guys don't like wearing helmets because they can obscure their vision. And having those indicators will only make it worse. Not jus obscuring thier vision even more, but it can also distract them a for bit.

How they can tell of their energy shield's status is the vision on their Visor. When the energy shield takes damage, the vision on their Visor loses color and the more blur it becomes. Like that you see in the Uncharted video games. The more damage it takes, the more color loss and more blur the vision becomes.

But I'm thinking of removing the blur, and replacing it with the edges of the Visor "having cracks". That will indicate that their energy shield's about to break.
Old 2013-04-24, 03:39   Link #41825
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Maybe because I'm very specific

No justification can be used except you declare Houki is borderline insane sociopath, which exactly fit the sign. "To hell with other people, my business is more important", "Power is everything", "Don't want to be seen as a weak", "The world separate me and my beloved"

See the pattern?

Yeah, no justification that Houki is remotely sane when saying that, she is insane from the moment she tried to bonk Ichika on the head, from the moment she injured an opponent in a sanctioned tournament.
Old 2013-04-24, 03:44   Link #41826
Eratas123

Well then, that answers that question: Her kid's future in Future Imperfect is boned Funny how in a comedy fic, everybody's futures end up going down the toilet once you take their parents personalities into account. Less than a handful of them get royally ****ed if time is allowed to go naturally.
Old 2013-04-24, 03:46   Link #41827
DarkJak2050

Still not sure of what Ichika will think of my guys when he finds out about their past.

Anyway, I'm done for the night. Got class in the morning and an Essay to finish. Almost done with it, just need to write the last 2 paragraphs.
Old 2013-04-24, 03:49   Link #41828
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's a plot point in my fic as well, Houki actually requested to go for therapy session (along with with Laura, who is already there thanks to Ichika and Charles), support from everyone (particularly twins) made a miracle speed up.
Old 2013-04-24, 04:00   Link #41829
Eratas123

@ Jak - Most likely? Feel sympathy and spout a speech about hope, understanding, and things most politicians are utterly incapable of.

@ Senpai - Yes. Think of it this way: Do you think any of the main cast have the right to tell others that violence is bad or its the wrong solution?
Old 2013-04-24, 04:01   Link #41830
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The best I can say is one: Yamada-sensei
Old 2013-04-24, 04:34   Link #41831
Eratas123

What about.....yeah, I got nothing.

Anyway, I'm currently watching Suisei no Gargantia, a really nice mecha anime......made by the same guy who worked on Madoka Magica>.>
Old 2013-04-24, 05:02   Link #41832
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Does it predominantly feature young, attractive girls on the spotlight?

If so, I won't watch.
Old 2013-04-24, 05:21   Link #41833
Eratas123

Nope. The main protagonist is a guy named Ledo/Red, a 16 year old child soldier working for "The Alliance"; their enemies being giant bug space abominations. After a routine mission goes down the sink, he gets sucked into a black hole and wakes up 6 months later from cryo-sleep to a planet that's, dare I say it, actually peaceful.

Story starts when he tries to integrate with the less advanced humans with the help of a girl named Amy, along with adjusting to the fact that he doesn't have to murder giant bugs 24/7 and that, while he was a simple mook in space, he's the strongest human on earth and has the best (and only) flying mech.

And as of episode 3, nothing bad has actually happened. Fans are hoping this meas that we won't go down the bad route again.
Old 2013-04-24, 05:35   Link #41834
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If it's the creator of PMM, no, I will wait until EP6 just to be sure...

But that sounds awesome, I mean, these days mecha is about T&A of borderline lolicon girls, couple of innocent female soldier with a dash of slice of life, or a combination thereof. Too much of a good thing is bad, you know

Will patiently wait.
Old 2013-04-24, 05:42   Link #41835
Eratas123

Amy is innocent, but she's courier not a soldier. Ledo/Red is much more realistic: When Amy and the others yell at him for killing the opposition, he points out that they were attacking and he was completely justified in doing so. Given he's 16 years old and he somehow has 16 years of logged in army time, its safe to say that he's been bred to see murder as the easiest and most pragmatic solution.

I urge you to watch it At worst we're getting a bittersweet ending.

Oh, and Kazuma/Usagi's (Tabane's daughter) pair chapter is coming along.....violently. Placing the daughter of an amoral nanomachine-doped mad scientist and a clone that's suffered experimentation and has violence branded into his mind alone in a room together with no parental supervision makes for some disturbing scenes.
Old 2013-04-24, 05:47   Link #41836
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Oh, and Kazuma/Usagi's (Tabane's daughter) pair chapter is coming along.....violently. Placing the daughter of an amoral nanomachine-doped mad scientist and a clone that's suffered experimentation and has violence branded into his mind alone in a room together with no parental supervision makes for some disturbing scenes.
Must..... get.... brain bleach.... industrial...

AAAH, BRAIN! STOP IMAGINING THINGS!

------

I need to make Madoka's face less angular somehow, or use Ichika's rounder eyes instead.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-04-24 at 06:31.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 05:52   Link #41837
Eratas123

Uh, I don't know what you're thinking, but its probably not as bad as you think All it boils down to is that she tries to experiment on him and he snaps and shoves her head through a computer screen......16 times......and stabs her with a shard of glass for good measure.

(Un)fortunately, she's as enhanced as her mother is and laughs that it doesn't hurt her. Kazuma tells her that, upgrades or not, he'll find a way to kill her if she tries experimenting on him again.

See? Not that bad
Old 2013-04-24, 05:59   Link #41838
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, that's EXACTLY as I think. First come insanity, then comes violence, then comes hate se-

*BLAM*

----
-------->

Redesign for Charles...

(It's for TvTropes character page, Tri is doing it as of now)

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-04-24 at 06:18.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 06:10   Link #41839
Eratas123

Uh, for Madoka, you might wanna give her some baby fat to make her look less mature. Same for Charles since his chin looks too pointy. And you might want to give him some bangs.

And what do you mean hate sex? Did you forget that these two are children?
Old 2013-04-24, 06:16   Link #41840
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I was thinking when they're older and somehow still fail to kill each other... hey, a little black comedy perhaps? /jk

(That thought prevent me from imagining medical horror plot... at least)

Charles is purposefully made like that to look masculine, compare with 'Charles' before V4 arc (Above edited). This is to represent one month of hormone therapy and few cosmetic surgery (he also lose his man boobs, but no way I'll shop that)

EDIT: need more masculine touch, but lack of template is damning.

On the other hand, you're right about Madoka, I suppose I'll use Charlotte or Maya as copy template for the cheek part

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest