AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-09-29, 23:23   Link #1881
alvinkhorfire

Well, well, what do you know? Who said that the series will end pretty soon? Just kidding, no hard feeling, okay?
Like most of you, I am delighted that the Shakugan no Shana still has many interesting stories waiting to be told. Kudos to Yashichiro Takahashi for such an exciting plot which some of us including myself could not imagine of at first.

Elf song
Many thank to you too. Keep up your good work!

In my opinion, the Mare arc in NDS/PS2 Shana game was supposed to be a filler. If I am not mistaken, around the time when Volume 14 was published, Shakugan no Shana Anime series has enjoyed awesome success that has taken both JC Staff and Yashichiro Takahashi by surprise. That is why the author has introduced a lot of new characters in Volume 15 with intention to expand the storyline to a greater height. Otherwise, he would have ended the story around Volume 16, which to our delight, it is not that way. Correct me if I am wrong on this fact.

Margery Daw accepting Keisaku's love? In the Season 2, she did not want Keisaku and Tanaka to get too involved in the fight against Tomogara until they risk their life. Then again, if you examined Margery's past life, she had been betrayed countless times until she finds it difficult to trust anyone else. Well, she really needs the love boost from Keisaku, much like the one Shana obtained from Yuji that enabled her to powerup as in Season 1. Then again, Keisaku is a mere human. Unless he converts himself to a Frame Haze, he surely cannot live with Margery forever.

When Sabrac is being devoured by Snake, does it make Snake even stronger, like the strength of Sabrac is being added to Snake's?

I thought that when Shana reveals her feeling to Yuji, it could somehow prevent the awakening of Snake. Guess that I was wrong.

It is kind of hopeless to see that Shana's group are unable to prevent the awakening of Snake. Then again, the series will get interesting as we get to see the true strength of Snake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Spoiler for XIX Pictures:
Pardon my ignorance, who is this?

In the picture of Sotf/Yuji looking at Shana, the artist (is it Noizi Ito?) could have drawn Yuji looking at Shana's eyes, instead of her chest. We all know that Sotf/Yuji is looking at Shana's heart as Shana is trying to explain her feeling for him. However, the way the image is drawn is giving us the wrong idea.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2009-09-30 at 01:01.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 00:17   Link #1882
OmniDragon

Sabrac was fighting on snake side and he just went and devoured him lol. Great way to treat your allies or maybe after being sealed for so long he needed some poe so he went after Sabrac who has alot.

With the real snake revived I guess that means Yuji is no longer the final boss?

As for that pic I though Shana killed that guy back in Volume 18 though I may have him confused with someone else.
OmniDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 00:22   Link #1883
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The guy(s) on the pic look like Counter-terrorists or Stormtroopers.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 00:26   Link #1884
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
With the real snake revived I guess that means Yuji is no longer the final boss?
I think you are right. Allow me to quote digger314's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger314 View Post

In volume 17, there are some parts that deal with the rise of the real SotF. Basically Shana asks Yuji/SotF what will happen to Yuji when SoTF awakens. SotF replies that the usefulness of the Mystes extends beyond just the Reiji Maigo, so he will be keeping this chess piece in tact. Yuji replies that his only goal is to be with Shana, so he won't sacrifice himself to change the world.

So it sounds like that Yuji is simply an extension of SotF and the awakening of SotF wouldn't change that.
Maybe Sotf/Yuji will be second in command and Snake will be the top leader.
Old 2009-09-30, 00:48   Link #1885
OmniDragon

Well we apparently got 2 SotF's now, lets get a few more and we can have a whole SotF army! lol

I wonder what SotF/Yuji said to Shana after she said she was going to kill Snake and save Yuji?

Obviously Yuji wouldn't kill Shana but the real Snake might I wonder what Yuji would do if Snake attempted to kill her?
Old 2009-09-30, 09:39   Link #1886
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Okay, I got the Shana confessing to Yuji part, but I am dead lost in where this goes from there... is this going to be a dual-sacrifice in the end or is it a happily ever after setting?

All we need now is Novel 20.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 12:32   Link #1887
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
@novel info
Guys, I need your help regarding novel-exclusive characters for the Shakugan no Shana Wiki. Your help will be very much appreciated.
Not sure about the spelling of characters especially in Toten Glocke's part.
But I'm sure of one thing : Tis is Flamehaze(and one of the oldest) not Tomogaras.

Some of official spelling (I think it's correct since their names rooted from real people or mythical things.) is in here :
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%B4%...81%AE%E5%BE%92
Most of Tomogaras' name came from Demons, Gods, or Deities.
Most of Flamehazes' surname came from world's leading music composers all over the world.
You could try copying their name or surname into google; they should provide English version of those names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Pardon my ignorance, who is this?
'Yousen(Burning Agitator)' Haborym, Crimson Lord who attacked Flamehaze army in Romania but was called back to help after Seireiden fell down.
Yes, he has 2 heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
@Elf song

The problem is that I have no idea why Dantalion hated Sale. Seems that the anime doesn't touch that.
XV should answer that question.
Spoiler for Sale:

Hope they do this part too, along with X (Eternal Song).

Last edited by Elf song; 2009-09-30 at 13:22.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 15:32   Link #1888
OmniDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
I thought that when Shana reveals her feeling to Yuji, it could somehow prevent the awakening of Snake. Guess that I was wrong.

It is kind of hopeless to see that Shana's group are unable to prevent the awakening of Snake. Then again, the series will get interesting as we get to see the true strength of Snake.
I believe Snake was awakened before Shana ever reached Yuji, maybe if she made it to Yuji before Snake awoke she could have prevented it.

I'm also interested to see the true strength of Snake. Seems just feeling Snake's power has flame haze going into despair, so I wonder exactly how Shana plans to beat him. Maybe Yuji is the key to defeating Snake. After being merged with him he should know Snake's power pretty well. If Shana is able to reach Yuji's real self maybe he'll tell her Snake's weakness or something.
Old 2009-10-02, 08:58   Link #1889
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

The thing is, I've really got the feeling that Yuji IS WANTING this to happen. I don't know why, he just is... kinda lost forever, a bit like Lucifer.

However, just maybe, there might be a way out. It is my sincere hope.

I kinda loled at how much Tomogaras the Flame Hazes have killed, and yet, they still are unable to stop SNAKE.

(Mind, not Snake from Metal Gear... )
Old 2009-10-02, 09:12   Link #1890
OmniDragon

Well Yuji merged with Snake to change the truth of the world though I wonder if at the end of the plan they see the same thing. Yuji wants a peaceful world where Snake may want to rule since I read somewhere he takes a like to ruling. After merging Yuji and Snake should know everything about each other well Snake is a god so maybe he was able to keep some secrets from Yuji.
Old 2009-10-02, 12:02   Link #1891
FFrank227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
I kinda loled at how much Tomogaras the Flame Hazes have killed, and yet, they still are unable to stop SNAKE.
You speak as if this were an RPG...must kill more Tomogaras to get to a high enough level to take on Snake!
FFrank227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 12:03   Link #1892
Terminator98
*Author

LOL

Speaking of that... SnS might make a good RPG after all.

But hell, how to put Yuji as a char...
Old 2009-10-02, 12:08   Link #1893
FFrank227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
LOL

Speaking of that... SnS might make a good RPG after all.

But hell, how to put Yuji as a char...
Its definitely possible to make an RPG out of it, just need a good sprite designer. As for Yuji, you can make it to where he levels up through training with Shana and teach him new spells and techniques, just like Pokemon breeding.
FFrank227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 12:22   Link #1894
Terminator98
*Author

Rather correct.

Coming back to the novels.

I just hope one thing. THat the noun won't kill snake again with her lightning dropkick. She' killed everyone she met with it since I saw her. XD

Seriously, how are we suppoed to kill a god?
Old 2009-10-02, 12:55   Link #1895
OmniDragon

I doubt the nun will kill Snake with her lightning dropkick. Besides ain't she busy fighting that fish guy Decabaria?

I would guess that Snake is stronger than SotF/Yuji?

Seems Shana is at the same level as Yuji now but if Snake is stronger then Yuji she is going to have trouble beating him. Shana will have to deal with Yuji first anyway not like she can fight them 2v1. Then theres the option that Alastor can be summon to fight Snake you kill a god with a god though theres a chance Shana could die. Then again maybe they will need one of Yuji's master plans to beat Snake. I could also see a Shana/Yuji combo to kill Snake.
Old 2009-10-02, 12:56   Link #1896
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
Shana/Yuji combo.
This is what is making me rather skeptic. I don't see it possible. I don't know, I just don't see it. Yuji has gone to far. I can' t see how he could be forgiven.
Old 2009-10-02, 13:14   Link #1897
OmniDragon

True Yuji is pretty deep in the hole right now Shana's probably the only one who would forgive him. Kinda reminds me of Sasuke from Naruto he's pretty deep in the darkness as well. In both stories they are beyond forgiveness and the only ones who want to save them are Shana and Naruto.

How many people actually know that Yuji is merged with Snake?
Old 2009-10-02, 13:52   Link #1898
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

My Shana compared with Naruto!? gtfo!!!
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 14:07   Link #1899
Terminator98
*Author

K... let the flaming start... (sighs...)
Old 2009-10-02, 14:12   Link #1900
OmniDragon

Lol I think I may have turned a bad corner here. Alastor said that Shana was "the great one" in the earlier novels and also in the movie was anything ever said about that?

Last edited by OmniDragon; 2009-10-02 at 14:32.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen