081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-05-31, 13:46   Link #1121
Nerroth
NePoi!

Do we even know how much of the galaxy the ELS had actually explored prior to reaching the Sol system?

The Milky Way is a big place...
Old 2011-05-31, 13:50   Link #1122
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Do we even know how much of the galaxy the ELS had actually explored prior to reaching the Sol system?
We don't.

Quote:
It's also a very empty place.
Old 2011-05-31, 14:02   Link #1123
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post

They've been around for a long long time. They probably didn't cover every square foot of the galaxy. But they probably covered a good amount.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 08:59   Link #1124
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I wold say they covered very lttle given how big the whole galaxy is, but it's hard to tell. They have covered a lot of places though, whether it's most or not it's hard to tell. The galaxy is fricking huge place.
Old 2011-06-01, 13:19   Link #1125
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Is the end of the movie just Marina and robo Setsuna just hugging? Or was there more to it after?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 13:54   Link #1126
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Is the end of the movie just Marina and robo Setsuna just hugging? Or was there more to it after?
Well there was also the ELS 00 Qan[T] but no, that's pretty much the ending.
Old 2011-06-01, 14:51   Link #1127
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I'm surprised none of the CB members were seen on Sumeragi. They had more exposure to pure GN particles than anyone on the planet.
Old 2011-06-01, 14:58   Link #1128
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There was, at the very least, one more war between the ELS contact and the epilogue, so a few of them might not have survived. That said, there was another Sumeragi-class starship called the Tieria, and they may have been on that.
Old 2011-06-01, 15:16   Link #1129
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Setsuna would've stopped it himself if there was another war, so I doubt that.
Old 2011-06-01, 15:21   Link #1130
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Setsuna would've stopped it himself if there was another war, so I doubt that.
Setsuna did help stop the war, but that doesn't detract from the fact that it still happened. There were more Innovators during the war, as well as modified humans and pseudo-Innovators that used Gadelazas, so it was a nasty war.
Old 2011-06-01, 21:32   Link #1131
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
I'm surprised none of the CB members were seen on Sumeragi. They had more exposure to pure GN particles than anyone on the planet.
Well, its a big ship so they could be there.

Of course, there are many unknown factors that determine the rate of Innovation, its not just time of particle exposure (specifically its Trans-Am Particles that Innovate, but that's all we know). There are likely many other circumstantial and biological factors that would take into account. For example, not long before the movie some people have already completed their Innovation and some are well on their way there because of 00 Raiser's Trans-Am Burst of S224 (according to Senki Mission 4 chapter), yet none of the crew of the Ptolemaios are shown to have even begun Innovating. If they did, they would have been much more affected by the ELS's QBW like so many civilians are shown to have been in the movie. Most of these civilians are less exposed to Trans-Am Particles and most of them are likely even further away from the point of origin of Trans-Am Burst than the Ptolemaios was. This means that the rate of progress of Innovation is determined by a lot of other factors, likely genetic/epigenetic possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Setsuna did help stop the war, but that doesn't detract from the fact that it still happened. There were more Innovators during the war, as well as modified humans and pseudo-Innovators that used Gadelazas, so it was a nasty war.
I think your confusing the Old Human Faction War with the one mentioned at the end of the movie novel. The Old Human Faction war happened not long after the movie, while the other only happened after Setsuna returns. Setsuna was not around at the moment in time for the former since he's still missing from his leave at the end of the pre-epilogue movie. The final 00N chapter mentions that he only returns during the same day that the Sumeragi is set to leave Earth, though this is attributed to a coincidence.

The war mentioned at the end of the novel is not elaborated. We only know that Setsuna fights it alongside Billy's son or something. The enemy and the circumstances are not mentioned. It could either local or extraterrestial for all we know.

I vaguely remember that it also mentioned some members of CB joined this battle as well, but I'm not too sure about this part, a bit fuzzy regarding this point.
Old 2011-06-02, 02:34   Link #1132
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Huh...so if the Old Faction War ever got animated...who would be the main protagonist? Tieria?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 03:33   Link #1133
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Huh...so if the Old Faction War ever got animated...who would be the main protagonist? Tieria?
Lyle.

Just read some info on OHF in gundam wiki. The ELS kicked a pure innovator's ass on a gadelezza. I doubt incomplete ones could be as good in it or would have stood a chance.

From what I can understand. Most of the people became innovators by merging with the ELS.
Old 2011-06-02, 04:06   Link #1134
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Tieria's status is a bit unknown now, considering he left with Setsuna to meet the ELS. And it's impossible to say whether the Veda link can be kept at such huge distances; of which I rally reckon it can't.

Judging by the only current ony chapter depicting it, I would say Amy Zimbalist. But then again, it really feels like a boring war at the moment. I'm hoping the anti ELS/Innovator faction put up a decent fight, it would make the ulimate change that eventually happens all the more meaningful, even I they are in the minority.

Quote:
Lyle.

Just read some info on OHF in gundam wiki. The ELS kicked a pure innovator's ass on a gadelezza. I doubt incomplete ones could be as good in it or would have stood a chance.

Some did it through that, some others became
From what I can understand. Most of the people became innovators by merging with the ELS.
Some did, some others became previously so via TAB. Considering that the ELS liked to go after people with high QBW, some of those that they assimiliated were probably well on their way anyways.

I think I need to look at the Final Mechanics Innovato chart again. Setsuna's final form is classified as a different type than all others IIRC.

Also, the ELS are not involved in the OHF war I believe. The "Gadelaza" Senki chapter mentions that they were pretty much indifferent to the fact that a whole group of people hate their guts and want them gone alongside the Innovators. In other words they could not care less about it.
Old 2011-06-02, 12:06   Link #1135
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Since they're merging with the ELS, some of the genuine innovators who fought the war would have access to ELS tech/abilities.
Old 2011-06-02, 16:00   Link #1136
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

The only known description we have of the war thus far appears to be good old mobile weapons battles, namely the Advanced GN-X, GN-XIV Core Fighters, Raphael Dominions and Gadelazas. It appears to be for all intents and purposes a human war. There's no evidenc so far that any ELS tech had been created, being so soon after the movie. Such endeavor would likely take more time. Even if some of the hybrid Innovators actually fight the war, it's far different than having the ELS actually participating in it, since most of the damage (especially to the Gadelaza) caused in the movie was done by their large forces. And they have opted to stick this one out.

This is not to say that the Anti faction is not at a disadvantage though, their main disadvantage is in their numbers because the "Core Fighter" Senki chapter mentions that they represent only a small part of the ESFA. I'm guessing the war may eventually be solved with another Trans-Am Burst...........as soon as somebody creates a new Twin Drive pair that is.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-06-02 at 19:20.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 09:15   Link #1137
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well there was also the ELS 00 Qan[T] but no, that's pretty much the ending.
Which is a take on the ED2 from S2 with Gundam 00 (Or is it Exia?) covered in flowers.

I've pretty much watched all fifty episodes and the movie in the last two and a half weeks.

And I have to say it's been quite a fantastic ride but this movie... I don't know if it's from watching everything in such a short period of time but I feel the movie was a bit of a let down compared to everything I've watched.

It just felt too rushed with so many unanswered questions by the movie's conclusion. Mainly I just wanted to some sort of closure surrounding the members of CB.

Regardless, the message from Gundam 00 is something all of humanity should come to understand.

One thing I'm wondering though concerning Feldt/Setsuna (fan here!), when the ELS turn into a yellow desert flower like the one Feldt gave Setsuna, do you think he was finally saying thank you?

Or did they just choose to mimic one of the most harmless (bar roses!) objects on Earth?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 10:05   Link #1138
kakakka

They chose one thing that represent ''peace'' inside Setsuna's mind.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 11:00   Link #1139
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Which is a take on the ED2 from S2 with Gundam 00 (Or is it Exia?) covered in flowers.

I've pretty much watched all fifty episodes and the movie in the last two and a half weeks.

And I have to say it's been quite a fantastic ride but this movie... I don't know if it's from watching everything in such a short period of time but I feel the movie was a bit of a let down compared to everything I've watched.

It just felt too rushed with so many unanswered questions by the movie's conclusion. Mainly I just wanted to some sort of closure surrounding the members of CB.

Regardless, the message from Gundam 00 is something all of humanity should come to understand.

One thing I'm wondering though concerning Feldt/Setsuna (fan here!), when the ELS turn into a yellow desert flower like the one Feldt gave Setsuna, do you think he was finally saying thank you?

Or did they just choose to mimic one of the most harmless (bar roses!) objects on Earth?
Setsuna has had that symbolism following him all these years, its very important to him. That's probably why the ELS chose it, especially if they knew from their interaction with Setsuna that it was representing peace to him.

Speaking of which, bar the fate of CB's members, what questions do you have? There's a lot of stuff only elaborated in side materials/sidestories though. I will say that we still do not know the fate of the CB members as of now.
Old 2011-06-09, 14:47   Link #1140
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6319/up502053.jpg
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/5...7628974541.jpg

From Homeless. Its from the 00N compilation book.

I like it how they are all running from something.