AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-12-16, 17:35   Link #81
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Adding a party member just for buffs is kind of a waste of a party slot though. I'd rather have a white mage. Or even better, a Red Mage.

Just so we're clear, we're still metaphorically talking about Sakura, right?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 17:39   Link #82
GDB

Yes, still Sakura. And again, a White Mage, unless they have revive or whatever the spell is that kind of puts a preemptive revive that auto goes off when you die, the white mage is rather useless. A red mage wouldn't be bad, but I'd rather allow Naruto and Bee to attack more often than any random fodder.

That being said, are we capping to standard RPG party sizes, or no? Because I think they have more than allowed.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 17:40   Link #83
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
Sakura's doing what she was trained to do which is heal but there's not much she can do currently against the Ten Tails.
(Ignoring the Red/White/Green Mage discussion) She could still summon. If anyone has the right to summon a giant slug, it's definitely Sakura...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 17:41   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

She's more of a Monk than a White Mage though. She has pretty strong offensive and defensive ability as well. Although in fights like this, she should do stuff to avoid putting your medic at risk.
Old 2012-12-16, 17:43   Link #85
GDB

But she's a woman. She's not allowed to do anything but heal, use random effect status, make a baby, or die! So sayeth Kishi!
Old 2012-12-16, 17:44   Link #86
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Tsunade? Konan? Temari? Tenten?

In order of battle effectiveness.

Not sure where to put Ino, who is a game breaker.
Old 2012-12-16, 17:50   Link #87
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

^you forgot Hinata
Old 2012-12-16, 17:50   Link #88
GDB

Temari's the closest to being an exception, but even then she's being set up to be Shikamaru's baby's mama.

Kishi sucks with women. If they show themselves as strong, they must die.
Old 2012-12-16, 18:01   Link #89
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
^you forgot Hinata
I am not quite sure where she ranks in terms of battle effectiveness, due to the fact that she's mostly been used for her sensor abilities.
Old 2012-12-16, 18:28   Link #90
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
(Ignoring the Red/White/Green Mage discussion) She could still summon. If anyone has the right to summon a giant slug, it's definitely Sakura...
I'm not sure which magic game they are talking about, it looks like more people are commenting in the Naruto section now.

Tsunude's slug summon is very durable as it can split its body into smaller slugs and it saved many people when Pain destroyed Konoha.

If Sakura summoned the slug it could help more then a lot of other summons as it can more easily escape being hit by the Ten Tails. The slug could distract the Ten Tails without being killed as it can separate its body and it can protect other ninja from attacks.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 00:48   Link #91
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Tsunade? Konan? Temari? Tenten?

In order of battle effectiveness.

Not sure where to put Ino, who is a game breaker.
sakura might actually be better than all of them. she beat sasori (with big help but still.. she did some impressive stuff that i think is beyond temari, hinata, ino and tenten) and the theme of the manga is that the pupils surpass their teachers. naruto well passed jiraiya. i'd be surprised if sakura wasn't right up there with tsuande at this point. not that that says much anymore... but it does about the order of kunoichi i think
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 04:18   Link #92
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i'd be surprised if sakura wasn't right up there with tsuande at this point.
She's way weaker than Tsunade. Look at Tsunade's performance against Edo-Madara, can you imagine the current Sakura doing that? I think she'll surpass Tsunade only years later, and that is logical since she doesn't have a bloodline or a demon sealed inside. All she has is her hard work, so it's fine that she didn't surpass Tsunade yet. If we get another timeskip before the big Sasuke vs Naruto fight then that Sakura might be already stronger. Too bad that Kishimoto didn't follow on the idea of her having genjutsu talent, if there was a timeskip she would surely train in genjutsu in order to be of any help against Sasuke.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 12:40   Link #93
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Temari's the closest to being an exception, but even then she's being set up to be Shikamaru's baby's mama.
Well, women give birth : /
If you're trying to imply that she'll be the type of women who does nothing but take care of her children, I doubt that. There are other, very "girly-type" characters that might be pigeon-holed in that role, but I really don't see Temari doing that. Though if Naruto does succeed in bringing world peace, there will probably be no such thing as a ninja after this war anyway, so this complaint about a plot development that didn't even happen yet is moot.

Quote:
Kishi sucks with women. If they show themselves as strong, they must die.
If you're that pressed to see strong and prominent female characters in a story, there are plenty of other mangas that provide that(some even have all of the strongest characters cast as female). This just happens to be a story where most of the prominent characters are male, though its still not as bad as the caricature you describe imo. I don't really see much of an issue here. The complaints about Kishimoto and his alleged unfairness towards women in this story are really tired at this point. We're about to read the 614th chapter, some of you need to just get over it.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 18:35   Link #94
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
If Ino plays a major part with Shikamaru(although Shikamaru will likely play THE major part) in helping stop the Juubi, then is she one of the strongest female characters in the manga? Think about what other female characters have accomplished. Once you get beyond Tsunade, Mito, and Kushina, it starts to go downhill.

What on earth can Sakura do to look more impressive? Or any other girl from her generation? Including Temari. We are near the end of the manga and they are fighting the most powerful thing in the manga's history.

Whoever shines now will be immortal.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 02:42   Link #95
MC117

I would like to see the juubi break free and start destroying shit up. I don't like the fact that such a godly beast is just being controlled like that.
Old 2012-12-18, 06:53   Link #96
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The new thread has been started. Please move all relevant discussions to the new thread.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 07:34   Link #97
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC117 View Post
I would like to see the juubi break free and start destroying shit up. I don't like the fact that such a godly beast is just being controlled like that.
Well it's shonen manga. I'm fairly certain something will give soon or later. The whole point is to show how futile the protagonist's actions are until at the last moment something is revealed or discovered about the antagonist. Then the protagonist use this knowledge and defeats the antagonist.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion