AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-11-24, 17:13   Link #6301
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Poppy rework has been asked for since S2, so it makes sense to FINALLY make it real! Watched the spotlight on tentacle girl, she could hit the pro scene, as long as people are confident they can land them Qs - without proper sustain, her damage won't matter as much. Still, her kit is good to have around, definitely skirmish(and TF)-friendly, but she is definitely getting hit with the nerf tentacle in a month or two.

EDIT: Unless QSS can cleanse vessel status, in which case she will be hanging out with the likes of Zed.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-24, 17:54   Link #6302
Kreceir

Wooow, I already liked Yordles cause there cute.
Now with Dragon tamer Tristana and the New Poppy!

And woow Poppy sure became my favourite, she has that little adorable fang!

See my sig? thats how I am at the moment of how adorable Poppy is.
Also her jokes are the best
Old 2015-11-24, 18:48   Link #6303
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The knockback on a fully channeled ult seems gigantic.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 00:08   Link #6304
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

"Poppy’s been tasked with delivering a legendary hammer to a hero who will become legend. Journeying through Runeterra, she uncovers a number of would-be wielders, but never suspects the hammer might have found the right person already."

:'D

This is fantastic, such a wonderful modern incarnation of our hammer gal. Lore and all she's an adorable addition to the roster and its going to be a pleasure to see how she fits into the meta.

She's also adorable. That helps too. And her VO is pure gold.
Old 2015-11-25, 07:04   Link #6305
Kreceir

Have you heard her French VO?

''Po po po pooopy'' at 3:18

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

1:45 for the jokes

YouTube
Old 2015-11-25, 12:28   Link #6306
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

New poppy seriously looks awesome yet adorable and the kit is pretty interesting too, I can't wait to try her .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-26, 12:49   Link #6307
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Illaoi despite having an impossible name is a beast in ARAM.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-26, 17:27   Link #6308
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Tell me about it.
First time I played Illaoi in Aram I got a Penta.
Old 2015-11-26, 22:27   Link #6309
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quite the effort for Shen & Akali .

Illaoi seems broken to me though...
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 19:10   Link #6310
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post

That look from the old Poppy's head in the box tho...

In other news, 8/10 will bang the new Poppy.
Old 2015-11-27, 22:08   Link #6311
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I really hate the state of the game atm. Daresay I'd say it's more broken then season 3 league of cleaver / league of warmoggs / league of botrk.

Firstly game length. The game is super snowbally for the winning team with the losing team having little or no chance to comeback. Towers go down like a sack of shit due to zilch resistances and the minion wave change has to be one of the dumbest changes made into the game. You force your lane opponent back once and boom ur tower is dead. You win one team fight and boom there goes a lane worth of towers up to their inhibitor turrets. Maybe even their inhibitor turret.

Champion balance is not much better with ap in particular control mages (which were never that good in solo q anyway even tho they were really good in competitive) are now plain trash. Ap assassin's are trash compared to their ad equivalents. Does riot really want to promote a one carry damage type meta? (Oh I forgot about true damage... whatever). And yes I'm biased because I'm a main control mage midlaner.

Also some items are just broken as fuck (looking at you rageblade).

And the worst part is there's competitive tournaments already. Rito do you want to lose your status as the premiere competitive export? Do you really want cs go or Dota 2 to exceed you? Make the game playable before you launch it into competitive play.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-28, 00:34   Link #6312
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

AD assassin is actually in the dumpster atm, most their winrate went down, it's because LW armor pen and Bortk nerf, and most of their ad items being more expensive in general.

AP items is not actually being nerfed much at all, other than deathcap and zhyona, most other AP items have their cost adjusted to just fit the increased gold gain, practically they still the same price.

new poppy is cute. <3
Old 2015-11-28, 19:16   Link #6313
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
AD assassin is actually in the dumpster atm, most their winrate went down, it's because LW armor pen and Bortk nerf, and most of their ad items being more expensive in general.

AP items is not actually being nerfed much at all, other than deathcap and zhyona, most other AP items have their cost adjusted to just fit the increased gold gain, practically they still the same price.

new poppy is cute. <3
Can confirmed, so far I only won about like 1 or 2 ranks with Zed. So many matchs for me ended in won lane and lost game, I can't even split push without the threat of my team being ace'd because of how easy is it to siege down a tower now. Now with the minions wave change it even harder to split push if you are behind as Zed.

As my mains are Leblanc and Zed, this pre-season change really really hit me hard.

Also yeah, poppy is cute as fuck.
Old 2015-11-28, 22:24   Link #6314
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
And the worst part is there's competitive tournaments already. Rito do you want to lose your status as the premiere competitive export? Do you really want cs go or Dota 2 to exceed you? Make the game playable before you launch it into competitive play.
I'd consider Overwatch more likely.

As for the current state of the game - I don't give a damn. About time the balance swung back in favour to ADCs. Spent all of season 5 getting bot lane ahead only for top lane/mid lane to single handedly ruin the game since they don't have a damn clue about how to lane without fighting every 5 seconds and still fighting once they're behind in kills/level. Especially top laners....ruined my whole season.

#BotLaneMatters

#ScrewTopLane
Old 2015-11-29, 16:44   Link #6315
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

The real problem I feel is the Baron buff and now the Herald. What's the point of a control mage or a waveclear champion if a buff can ruin your entire game plan?

I believe that an item like Luden's Echo ought to have another tier added that gives wave-clear mages some sorely needed penetration or true damage in order to actually do their job in this state of the game. Something that scales up and takes time to charge but results in powerful waveclear that ISN'T countered by the purple minions.

The new ADC-centric meta isn't a pain for me in the slightest. As a top/jungle main I do love the challenge and requirement to dive the back-line and tank. The real problem is how Mid-lane has become a dimpy assassin meta and thats it. Control and waveclear mages just don't have any sort of advantage and worse they're innately countered by the baron buff. And don't even think about fighting over baron with a waveclear mage, lol.
Old 2015-11-29, 20:00   Link #6316
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach56gs View Post
The real problem I feel is the Baron buff and now the Herald. What's the point of a control mage or a waveclear champion if a buff can ruin your entire game plan?

I believe that an item like Luden's Echo ought to have another tier added that gives wave-clear mages some sorely needed penetration or true damage in order to actually do their job in this state of the game. Something that scales up and takes time to charge but results in powerful waveclear that ISN'T countered by the purple minions.

The new ADC-centric meta isn't a pain for me in the slightest. As a top/jungle main I do love the challenge and requirement to dive the back-line and tank. The real problem is how Mid-lane has become a dimpy assassin meta and thats it. Control and waveclear mages just don't have any sort of advantage and worse they're innately countered by the baron buff. And don't even think about fighting over baron with a waveclear mage, lol.
actually, Rift Herald buff only buff minion attack speed and range (less range than baron buff), it don't give any defensive buff unlike baron buff.
Old 2015-11-29, 21:59   Link #6317
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
From the proverbial horse's mouth, it seems to be pronounced 'Ill-ow-e'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Tell me about it.
First time I played Illaoi in Aram I got a Penta.
A shame it didn't occur to the devs to (in her case) dub it 'Tenta-kill'. Though I would not be surprised if an alternate skin showed up that paid homage to the works of H.P. Lovecraft...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 15:19   Link #6318
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
From the proverbial horse's mouth, it seems to be pronounced 'Ill-ow-e'.

A shame it didn't occur to the devs to (in her case) dub it 'Tenta-kill'. Though I would not be surprised if an alternate skin showed up that paid homage to the works of H.P. Lovecraft...
that would be a great skin.

I'm loving Illaoi the more I play her, she Is probaly be my main champ for now.
(I say that with Kindred and now I hardly play her )

Also, this one gotta be my favourite fan art of the new Poppy so far.
Old 2015-12-01, 05:46   Link #6319
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post

Funny. This is hilarious as well.

Old 2015-12-02, 16:46   Link #6320
Kreceir

Poppy Log in Screen

YouTube

Tags
league of legends, lol