AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-09, 21:50   Link #4961
gaboratamer

Maybe this was answered in some post, but I have a question:
What are those black armors in volume 22? Are they like power suits with dark matter powers or someting?
I am really confused about that
Old 2010-10-09, 21:59   Link #4962
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Haimura -sensei site's now got a recently update.
The rough skates for vol.21-22 are available now

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/i_m.htm

Just take a look at the pope.
Heh....Hyouka looks really cute....her rainbow aura...like those psychic resonances described in tantric texts...

Quote:
Mugino looks someone from high school

Mugino looks 20-ish to me...
Old 2010-10-09, 22:02   Link #4963
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/s/ipi.htm

anyone know what this is?

is it a doujinshi or a banned novel ?
Old 2010-10-09, 22:06   Link #4964
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post

Just some sort of a fanwork I guess...

There are times when Haimura made unofficial works of the series he's illustrating for, like the "Alternate Character Costumes" designs we have seen a while back...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-10-09, 22:06   Link #4965
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Mugino looks 20-ish to me...
Um, I'm pretty sure Mugino is like 17. She doesn't look 20 at all.
Old 2010-10-09, 22:18   Link #4966
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
He's doing something in Ch11 "The Star of Bethlehem" which is a chapter that focus on what's many side characters doing or how did they response to the power of the complete holy right which make the world trembling.
And Laura appears before the Pope at end of his part.

THe other characters in that chapter are such as Lessar&Sasha,Vacilissa,Aqua,Carissa&The maiden,Bardway&Mark Space and ETC

yes, our sadistic loli Bardway now gets her spotlight in the mainstory.
Ha! I knew it wasn't a minstranslation!!! Hell yeah!
Now, I hope her story would get animated soon as OVA along with the SS and SS2.
Old 2010-10-09, 22:43   Link #4967
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Spoiler for regards vol 22:
She wasn't a level 5 before but considered to be the 8th level 5. Because her ability can copy the ability of others. Its pretty flexible that she can even copy the ability of rank 3 - 6 of the level 5. Her level is 4 I think but AIM stalker makes her potentially level 5 is she copies her ability from it plus the AIM stalker also helps Rikou to know the exact location and status of the one she's copying.

About the controlling espers and letting the one who can level up faster into higher level be left alone to level up. I'm not sure for Rikou but just as I suggested maybe the drug she's taking is the cause of her growth. It either hinders it or maybe it actually helps her to level up. But one thing is for sure after it being cured. She is important for the Academy City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I know the answer to this question is probably in one of the last pages, but this thread moves a bit too fast and many things are discussed. So, I hope there's no problem in asking: what exactly happened with Touma's IB in this volume? In fact, what happened to him at the end (if there's any clear information about that, of course)?
His right arm got ripped off and been merged with holy right. At the end of the story he beats up Fiamma which ended up too exhausted that he can't even stand but the star of Bethlehem is falling and their is no escape route for two people. Only one person would survive. So Touma save Fiamma and Touma is left with revived Gabriel in the Star of Bethlehem to be crushed and scattered in the arctic ocean.

Quote:
yes, our sadistic loli Bardway now gets her spotlight in the mainstory.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!? for real!? I wish Bardway will save Touma from the arctic ocean!! now all my wish did come true! the 3 best loli's for me in toaruverse finally shows up! first to last! LESSAR! BARDWAY! SASHA!!!!
Old 2010-10-09, 22:51   Link #4968
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Just finished reading ch. 11, about to start ch. 12. Thought I should share some thoughts before I go on.

1) The part where Touma was resisting the other force, and insisted to take on Fiamma himself was awesome.
2) I was underwhelmed by the Dark Matter squad. Can't believe they were defeated so easily.
3) Glad to see Bardway finally appearing in the main story, even though she didn't have much "screen" time.
4) While reading ch. 11, I just can't help but think that Kamachi is obsessed with arms.

Looking forward to all the epic twists in ch. 12 and the last chapter.
Old 2010-10-09, 23:14   Link #4969
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ You say it like we know what you're talking about lol. What other force did Touma resist?
Old 2010-10-09, 23:18   Link #4970
tsunade666

I also want to know what forces are you talking about and also about plant's comment when the united forces search for touma.

Though I can understand when Touma is trying to take down Fiamma on his own. The others would just get in his way. It's not like they could help him beat up that guy.
Old 2010-10-09, 23:51   Link #4971
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post

That's a short story written before Vol6 was released, dated in canon on Aug 30th. Touma found a grimoire that can foresee the future, and it started going on about his 'misfortunes' with Index and Kazakiri - and other characters like Mikoto manages to get into his hostel somehow and comments on all this.

(I've seen a Chinese version of that somewhere, but can't find it atm - so my memory might be a bit off, but that's the gist of that short story)

EDIT: here's a general info/flowchart of Vol22 I found somewhere, and I've translated into Eng:

-Mugino vs Shiage, and Mugino was crazy enough to use the 'Esper Essence' that Rikou was using to try and kill Shiage. In the end Shiage only won due to Mugino collapsed 0.1 second before she killed him. Shiage said 「俺達はもう一度「アイテム」になれる。必ずなれる!!」, and Mugino ended up as his ally.

-Accelerator saved LO by asking Worst to go back and look up how Index saved LO to begin with in the Misaka Network after Kazakiri said that's the key to save LO. Accelerator decoded the lambskin he had, and combined that with Index's song plus his own experience from fighting against Aiwass, and performed MAGIC to save LO. Accelerator also suffered the backlash from using magic as a Esper.

-Touma fought Fiamma when he has the Holy Right and 103,000 grimoires, and is being pummeled. Fiamma also took down a Laser-satellite that Academy city tried to fire at him with a wave of his hand.

-Touma defeated Fiamma (not going into details, see prev posts in this thread), and Mugino, Shiage and Rikou beat back AC forces trying to capture them.

- Star of Bethlehem is about to self destruct and destroy the world, and all sides (RCC, ROC, AC, Anglican Church etc) stopped fighting each other and went to stop the blast, but are struggling. Accelerator then pulled out his black wings to stop it, and before parting LO said she want to be together with him, and he replied "Me too, I also want to be with you".

- Later, Accelerator became a Angel. Fiamma, having lost all options, is finally down for good.

- Fiamma gets sent down by Touma using Sasha and Lessar's magic. Mikoto came to get him but he rejected her help. Touma then talked with Index about a lot things, incl his memory loss.

- Last Chapter of Vol22: Mikoto searched the ocean but can't find Touma, and all other forces can't find him either. Mikoto only found his Gekota Strap on a beach somewhere.
Rikou, LO and Worst is captured by AC, and Accel, Mugino and Shiage goes back to AC to rescue them and declare war.
Fiamma gets beaten by Aleister.

And a final note is something about the Dark Side of Academy City is still deeper beyond what anyone had thought, and the 3rd World War ended.

Last edited by Flere821; 2010-10-10 at 00:09. Reason: New info on Vol22
Old 2010-10-10, 00:09   Link #4972
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Volume 22 GET!!

Laura is such an evil bitch!! She really has nothing but POWER and GREED in her mind isn't it??

Anyway spoiler on the conversation between Aleister and Fianma. I left out a few thing, but I should got the main meat here.

Spoiler:

From this conversation we can conclude a few things.

1. Fianma might have already achieve the power from the Age of Horus but he has been controlling it using the methods form the Age of Osiris. This could be the reason why Fianma couldn't properly use his Holy Right.
And Fianma alredy knows what the Age of Horus is and how it works but still choose not to use it.

And finally, Fianma didn't lose his Holy Right. And I don't think Aleister expected Fianma to live as well, he was trying to kill Fianma for real (Aurrelus commented that Fianma survived because he is actually that good survive Aleister's attack not because Aleister is trying to spare him). I wonder will Fianma become another Shiage. Fianma is too similar to Aleister and knows too much. Aleister even admit Fianma could have surpassed him if using the Age of Horus. If Fianma learns from his mistake and make a come back.......
Old 2010-10-10, 00:16   Link #4973
reaper with no name

Of all the times for my internet to go on the fritz...

So, does the dragon head actually do anything, or does it just instantly turn into a new arm for Touma?

Also, if Touma's right hand is an "output terminal" for Imagine Breaker, then shouldn't Fiamma not get any benefit from absorbing Touma's right hand? A gun without bullets is kind of worthless, after all.

Finally, there's one more thing I think warrants consideration.

We all assumed that Touma's arm was reattached by Heaven Canceller back in Vol 2. It's probably safe to assume now that it grew back instead.

Doesn't that mean that there's another right arm around somewhere?
Old 2010-10-10, 00:34   Link #4974
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
One concern is the progression of Touma's power/abilities. Is he always gonna be offenseless? MP-wise, he has the greatest defense ever. His Physical defense is screwed but more importantly, he's only offense is a 'punch'. He's left hand pose is getting a bit old too.
Touma uses his left against Biagio in vol11, right against a magic attack.

And as for physical defence, well... at least he has enough HP to last against frequent attacks lol :P eg see how he lasted against Mikoto and Accelerator back in Season 1.
Old 2010-10-10, 00:39   Link #4975
tsunade666

too much revelation and I don't know now but somethings are being clear from the mistranslation before. Filter filter filter then pure facts. I wish someone would upload a scan for it so I can get my hands on it too.
Old 2010-10-10, 00:46   Link #4976
Marka13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Accelerator then pulled out his black wings to stop it, and before parting LO said she want to be together with him, and he replied "Me too, I also want to be with you".
AWWWWWWWWW
That's just too cute
I love the relationship between Accelerator and Last Order :3
Old 2010-10-10, 00:50   Link #4977
Flere821
Lurker

I just realised something - in the OP how they showed Touma, Index, Accel and Mikoto? Mikoto was walking in a different direction from the other 3 - foreshadowing the future events that she's not going to be in the same world as the rest of them fighting against the dark side of the world and/or magicians? (eg Vol22)

And also that Mikoto is always chasing after Touma but he's almost always with Index - I dunno how others see it, but it seems like Mikoto never has a chance to get Touma's attention and they'll never end up as a couple unless some sort of miracle happens.

Any other thoughts on this?
Old 2010-10-10, 00:53   Link #4978
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
That's a short story written before Vol6 was released, dated in canon on Aug 30th. Touma found a grimoire that can foresee the future, and it started going on about his 'misfortunes' with Index and Kazakiri - and other characters like Mikoto manages to get into his hostel somehow and comments on all this.

(I've seen a Chinese version of that somewhere, but can't find it atm - so my memory might be a bit off, but that's the gist of that short story)

EDIT: here's a general info/flowchart of Vol22 I found somewhere, and I've translated into Eng:

-Mugino vs Shiage, and Mugino was crazy enough to use the 'Esper Essence' that Rikou was using to try and kill Shiage. In the end Shiage only won due to Mugino collapsed 0.1 second before she killed him. Shiage said 「俺達はもう一度「アイテム」になれる。必ずなれる!!」, and Mugino ended up as his ally.

-Accelerator saved LO by asking Worst to go back and look up how Index saved LO to begin with in the Misaka Network after Kazakiri said that's the key to save LO. Accelerator decoded the lambskin he had, and combined that with Index's song plus his own experience from fighting against Aiwass, and performed MAGIC to save LO. Accelerator also suffered the backlash from using magic as a Esper.

-Touma fought Fiamma when he has the Holy Right and 103,000 grimoires, and is being pummeled. Fiamma also took down a Laser-satellite that Academy city tried to fire at him with a wave of his hand.

-Touma defeated Fiamma (not going into details, see prev posts in this thread), and Mugino, Shiage and Rikou beat back AC forces trying to capture them.

- Star of Bethlehem is about to self destruct and destroy the world, and all sides (RCC, ROC, AC, Anglican Church etc) stopped fighting each other and went to stop the blast, but are struggling. Accelerator then pulled out his black wings to stop it, and before parting LO said she want to be together with him, and he replied "Me too, I also want to be with you".

- Later, Accelerator became a Angel. Fiamma, having lost all options, is finally down for good.

- Fiamma gets sent down by Touma using Sasha and Lessar's magic. Mikoto came to get him but he rejected her help. Touma then talked with Index about a lot things, incl his memory loss.

- Last Chapter of Vol22: Mikoto searched the ocean but can't find Touma, and all other forces can't find him either. Mikoto only found his Gekota Strap on a beach somewhere.
Rikou, LO and Worst is captured by AC, and Accel, Mugino and Shiage goes back to AC to rescue them and declare war.
Fiamma gets beaten by Aleister.

And a final note is something about the Dark Side of Academy City is still deeper beyond what anyone had thought, and the 3rd World War ended.
Huh...Mugino actually gives a shit about that? When she literally took the team apart with her own two hands...

Quote:
1. Fianma might have already achieve the power from the Age of Horus but he has been controlling it using the methods form the Age of Osiris. This could be the reason why Fianma couldn't properly use his Holy Right.
And Fianma alredy knows what the Age of Horus is and how it works but still choose not to use it.

And finally, Fianma didn't lose his Holy Right. And I don't think Aleister expected Fianma to live as well, he was trying to kill Fianma for real (Aurrelus commented that Fianma survived because he is actually that good survive Aleister's attack not because Aleister is trying to spare him). I wonder will Fianma become another Shiage. Fianma is too similar to Aleister and knows too much. Aleister even admit Fianma could have surpassed him if using the Age of Horus. If Fianma learns from his mistake and make a come back.......
Of course not....it would be unthinkable for the Right of God's Right Seat to use what in his eyes would be heretic methods....I get the feeling he failed to beat Aleister due to his already crushed morale....after all, Holy Right is dependent on the user's will.

I seriously wonder just what the hell the Age of Horus represents...
Old 2010-10-10, 00:56   Link #4979
Plant42

Quote:
I just realised something - in the OP how they showed Touma, Index, Accel and Mikoto? Mikoto was walking in a different direction from the other 3 - foreshadowing the future events that she's not going to be in the same world as the rest of them fighting against the dark side of the world and/or magicians? (eg Vol22)

And also that Mikoto is always chasing after Touma but he's almost always with Index - I dunno how others see it, but it seems like Mikoto never has a chance to get Touma's attention and they'll never end up as a couple unless some sort of miracle happens.

Any other thoughts on this?
The ED also has some points too. In the T-junction scene it's show Touma and Index walk toward each other on the same road while Mikoto just walks out of the intersection.

BTW, I think she's like Yoshida Kazumi of To aru-verse.
Old 2010-10-10, 01:05   Link #4980
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Huh...Mugino actually gives a shit about that? When she literally took the team apart with her own two hands...
So what did Shiage actually say? I left that bit in Japanese cause I can't translate it ^^;
Quote:
The ED also has some points too. In the T-junction scene it's show Touma and Index walk toward each other on the same road while Mikoto just walks out of the intersection.

BTW, I think she's like Yoshida Kazumi of To aru-verse.
Kazumi from Shana? I think that comparison might be a bit too far... Touma relies on Mikoto more than Yuji relies on Kazumi, and in the times where they're both in involved in situations Mikoto upholds her end of the fight.

Relationship-wise... Kazumi, IMO, have no chance (Not gonna involve light novel spoilers to back my opinion, wrong sub-forum) while Mikoto still does if she confess to Touma under the right circumstances. After all, Touma's Oblivious to Love and the first one that makes her feelings clear to him might just get him.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen