AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 07:39   Link #121
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Well i'm from philippines as well and like what other filipinos here have said, anime is hugely popular in this country. So popular in fact that there are so many weeaboos here.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 08:05   Link #122
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Well i'm from philippines as well and like what other filipinos here have said, anime is hugely popular in this country. So popular in fact that there are so many weeaboos here.
thats just on urbanize areas though like Metro Manila and Davao and Cebu for what i observe since here on Zambales (still considered rural) their is not much anime lovers here and not even anime conventions
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 08:15   Link #123
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Okay cool. But let's face it. Most people here grew up from watching anime than western cartoons. I remember when i was a kid, all of us gathers in one place just to watch dragon ball.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 09:37   Link #124
stormtrooper

Conventions are really popular here in the city (Manila, Cebu, Davao) rather than in the provinces. Some people had to travel for conventions and what not. I can't say it's popular but we are aware of anime.
stormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 01:08   Link #125
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
So popular in fact that there are so many weeaboos here.
I haven't experienced seeing a weeaboo in any of the conventions I've gone too, I think.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 01:09   Link #126
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
Conventions are really popular here in the city (Manila, Cebu, Davao) rather than in the provinces. Some people had to travel for conventions and what not. I can't say it's popular but we are aware of anime.
Too bad, it's being done only in major cities...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 02:01   Link #127
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Anime is very popular in the Denver-Boulder-Springs Area, but outside of that....good luck finding anime fans in the Wild West.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 21:43   Link #128
Kayu

In holland where I lived and on aruba where i am currently staying the anime popularity is basicly close to non excistent. Truly sad as the chances of meeting a other otaku in real life are reduced signaficantly.
Old 2012-09-19, 22:32   Link #129
supermegasonic

"anime? O you mean those weird cartoons with the big eyes? yea avatar is an awesome anime"
Old 2012-09-19, 22:47   Link #130
DragonHeartKid
"Plot"

Well, it's DEAD in my area. The only people who watch it are me & my uncle, that's IT.
Old 2012-09-20, 00:44   Link #131
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermegasonic View Post
"anime? O you mean those weird cartoons with the big eyes? yea avatar is an awesome anime"
to the person who downvoted me, I was basically quoting how the people in my area would wiew anime, there was quotation marks there for a reason...
Old 2012-09-20, 09:31   Link #132
paperwinged
Savior

Well there are a few people that watch anime among my friends and I'm lucky to have them (cause it's awesome to have someone to talk about animes). What I believe is very sad is the fact that most people didn't even watch a real anime once. They're just thinking about Pokémon and other animes they maybe watched during their childhood. From that they conclude that all animes are for kids only. It would be great if they at least try and see if they could like anime, but I guess most people won't do that
Old 2012-09-20, 09:52   Link #133
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwinged View Post
Well there are a few people that watch anime among my friends and I'm lucky to have them (cause it's awesome to have someone to talk about animes). What I believe is very sad is the fact that most people didn't even watch a real anime once. They're just thinking about Pokémon and other animes they maybe watched during their childhood. From that they conclude that all animes are for kids only. It would be great if they at least try and see if they could like anime, but I guess most people won't do that
Nice to see a fellow Kraut, yeah, Anime is really looked down on as "chinese children cartoons" in germany. Or even as something perverted.

But well, I never met any germans with who you would want to talk about anime, or anything really, anyways. They either only watched childrens stuff, like you said, or have generally awful taste and are simply retarded in lots of ways. This of course doesn't apply to every single german, but the majority I had to put up with, taught me that nothing good comes from socializing with them. I have a few decent german anime fans among my online contacts, but they really seem to be an especially rare breed.

I wonder if it's the same in Italy for example, or France. As far as I know their Anime community is a lot more vivid, I even ordered the Madoka Vol03 LE BD from italy because it was awesome and reasonable priced, and apparently Madoka even aired on TV there. I have yet to meet a single human being in germany who even heard of Madoka, let alone wouldn't dismiss it as "girlish crap" as soon as he sees one bit of art related to the show.

I don't know, maybe it's just difficult to meet people interested in Anime. When I think about it, I actually know quite a few decent people online who are german, but again, meeting someone like that IRL seems impossible.