AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-04, 06:51   Link #61
cupumanager

Do anybody know if this is single or 2 cour?
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 07:21   Link #62
D-Joe

1 cour AFAIK
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 19:20   Link #63
NaweG
Just some guy

Every time I read about this I have to remember that it's not:
Knights of Cydonia

though it would be cool to see an AMV of this using that...
Old 2014-04-04, 20:39   Link #64
Top Sergeant

I notice in the trailers that their equipment does not look clean and shiny. Wear marks, scratches, faded stenciling, etc. Really gives a feeling that this ship is multi-generational. Well done!
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 02:01   Link #65
cupumanager

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
1 cour AFAIK
Aww, Its Sucks if it true...we won't see best girl...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
I notice in the trailers that their equipment does not look clean and shiny. Wear marks, scratches, faded stenciling, etc. Really gives a feeling that this ship is multi-generational. Well done!
Even the Residential Towers feels like Post-apocalyptic clutter of Slum Tenements, even if its inside a pretty much Death-Star Class Generation Ship...
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 12:29   Link #66
D-Joe

Holy hell the sound effect is really,really awesome
Old 2014-04-10, 16:35   Link #67
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Hope the OP video is temporary. This son deserves better than just a bit stylized compilation of scenes from the anime.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 17:48   Link #68
leongsh
Daijoubu!

This is my most anticipated series for Spring 2014. Episode 1 met my expectations. I'm not bothered that it's done wholly by CGI. For me, the premise and presentation of it is interesting.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 00:47   Link #69
Galacticichi

It does look interesting but the CGI is overwhelming for me. I haven't read any other material for this but is this a good representation of the original source? I will continue watching but that CGI will take some time to get used to...
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 01:12   Link #70
bakaouji

Usually I just skip shows that are completely rendered in CGI but I'm glad I checked this out. The CGI may not be terribly flexible in rendering human movements but its still passable. The mechs, on the other hand, are a different story as their sleek design and cel-shaded finish looks pretty damn good.

I like how easily the mole man who'd been living underground for god knows how long is deployed for a mining mission in the most coveted old-school mech by the end of the episode. Through the eyes of the MC, a lot is revealed to us about the surface world, which according to him, has made great strides in technology in the time he had spent holed up in the lowermost levels of the city.

In lesser hands this premiere would have felt rushed but the tight pacing and the unobtrusive incidental exposition which is delivered in bits and pieces made sure that something interesting was happening in every scene.

So far, I'm sold.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 01:21   Link #71
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Sorry it took so long to move this to current....
Old 2014-04-11, 01:30   Link #72
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Off to a good start, I say. Much better paced than the manga did and their faces actually show emotions, haha. Still not sure if the CG is necessary to carry the story. I suppose it adds to the surrealness.
Old 2014-04-11, 03:19   Link #73
Xeiros

I am so torn on this show. I honestly want to enjoy it. The worst part is, I know how unfair I'm being. This is not a CG work with a budget of many hundreds of millions like the latest Pixar or Disney film; yet, that's what my mind compares them to even though there's no possible way it could ever be anywhere near as good as those from a technical standpoint.

As others have already pointed out, the humans (which make up a good chunk of the episode) are animated rather poorly to put it nicely. Why couldn't only the robots be in CG? We know how humans are supposed to look when they move and speak. This is not it. I hate how petty I'm being. The story and characters thus far aren't bad, but I can't look past the downfalls of a low-budget.

Regretfully dropped.
Old 2014-04-11, 04:04   Link #74
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
I am so torn on this show. I honestly want to enjoy it. The worst part is, I know how unfair I'm being. This is not a CG work with a budget of many hundreds of millions like the latest Pixar or Disney film; yet, that's what my mind compares them to even though there's no possible way it could ever be anywhere near as good as those from a technical standpoint.

As others have already pointed out, the humans (which make up a good chunk of the episode) are animated rather poorly to put it nicely. Why couldn't only the robots be in CG? We know how humans are supposed to look when they move and speak. This is not it. I hate how petty I'm being. The story and characters thus far aren't bad, but I can't look past the downfalls of a low-budget.

Regretfully dropped.
You're certainly going to be missing out. If Kingdom has taught me anything, is that even with terrible CG and animation, a gripping story is what really makes a series shine. I have seen plenty of terrible shows with superb animation quality.

I would encourage you to give this show a shit for at least 3 or 4 episodes before dropping it.
Old 2014-04-11, 04:22   Link #75
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

What Jehuty said. Stick around for a couple more episodes. You might be in for a hell of a space sci-fi adventure.
Old 2014-04-11, 04:58   Link #76
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
This one is gold for this season! cant wait for the drama
Old 2014-04-11, 05:38   Link #77
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
You're certainly going to be missing out. If Kingdom has taught me anything, is that even with terrible CG and animation, a gripping story is what really makes a series shine. I have seen plenty of terrible shows with superb animation quality.

I would encourage you to give this show a shit for at least 3 or 4 episodes before dropping it.
rotfl. I wish I could've edited my post. I meant to say give it a SHOT. Although, I suppose giving a shit about it would help, too
Old 2014-04-11, 05:44   Link #78
Esclair

Oh wow, they've completely captured the feel of the manga. The action sequences look great and the pacing seems to have improved too. If the characters weren't CGI I'd it'd have been so much better.

Looking forward to episode 2.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 06:10   Link #79
R.LocK
My turn

CGI kills me. It's so terrible it's actually painful.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 06:26   Link #80
D-Joe

Funny that SVP helped this show a lot(I tried,it's smoother and doesn't come with strange image retention)

Tags
mecha, space