AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-19, 02:46   Link #81
_gallo_

Quite a strange airing date, if i'm not wrong "important" shows airs either in spring or in autumn, but if duckroll says so then it must be true.

Btw, i notice that an interview to (?)Okumura (i think, i don't know japanese) was posted today on Xamudo blog. Something important is said?

http://www.bones.co.jp/xamdou_yota/

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 17:37   Link #82
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It's the first half of a Staff Interview with Okumura, the animation director. There'll be other interviews with the main staff too. It's just general stuff like what he's been doing on the show, his responsibilities and how he feels they progressing so far, etc. Interesting stuff, but nothing "important".
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 04:32   Link #83
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.bones.co.jp/xamdou_yota/

Another update. They're already well into dubbing for the series. Just last week, they recorded episode 5. Even thought the cast listing said "undecided" the series is well into production. They promise the cast will have big names, and there'll be more info in the anime magazines out in May.

Next week should have some interesting updates as well.....
Old 2008-04-24, 13:25   Link #84
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
That seems very early.

In general, production goes a month ahead of the broadcast schedule, but by the time this series premieres in mid-summer, they should have an least a coul already in the post-afureko stage.

Unusual.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 21:25   Link #85
aardvark

Official site updated with a direct feed of the TAF trailer http://www.xamdou.com/trailer/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
That seems very early.

In general, production goes a month ahead of the broadcast schedule, but by the time this series premieres in mid-summer, they should have an least a coul already in the post-afureko stage.

Unusual.
Eureka Seven was the same. It was several months in advance of production as opposed to the TV airing (until episode 26 at least). If Xamdou is no more than 26 episodes long (and I seriously doubt it is any longer than that), that should give the staff enough time to make the finale absolutely amazing More recently, Gurren Lagann also had a significantly early start and was quite ahead of schedule in terms of production
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 06:44   Link #86
wao
OK.

Quote:
That seems very early.

Unusual.
Except for the fact that they do consider "showing rough drawings during dubbing" to be "afureco" as opposed to strictly completing everything before showing it to the seiyuu. If you want unusual, IIRC they finished dubbing episode 10 of Dennou Coil with full colour 6 months before the show had even started... (But apparently episode 21's dubbing only took place in September.)

Since this is Bones I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to do things ahead of time, I don't really remember them doing any rushed work. I wouldn't know for sure but I'd assume it's a given that they start working well ahead so that any later delays can be covered for... Well, all the best and I hope they all enjoy working on the show.

...I watched the trailer again and I'm still not sold I guess I can't say anything until I watch the first episode or something.
Old 2008-04-25, 15:33   Link #87
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
And Madhouse finished all of "Black Lagoon" almost a year ahead of broadcast.

Quote:
Since this is Bones I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to do things ahead of time, I don't really remember them doing any rushed work.
Utsunomiya's work on Eureka Seven? Oh, I know, I know, he is a do-it-yourself maniac and has a ginormous work-load, but technically it fits. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 16:40   Link #88
aardvark

An illustration by Masashi Okumura posted on todays blog entry

Old 2008-04-25, 19:57   Link #89
wao
OK.

Quote:
Utsunomiya's work on Eureka Seven? Oh, I know, I know, he is a do-it-yourself maniac and has a ginormous work-load, but technically it fits. 8)
If only all of Madhouse's shows had nice schedules like that, sigh...

And I think Utsunomiya's OP was not rushed but purposely like that. Yoshida purposely got him over and looking at the animators they used it's not like they could've done a quick correction of it. The fact is that they didn't. (IIRC even the "fixed" version of the OP was just the old one re-shuffled, not re-drawn) Yoshida wouldn't want to correct Utsunomiya's stuff either, I think... it's not very polite.
(I think a lot of these legendary animators aren't so burdened with work now since they get paid a lot for doing less - when's the last time I've seen Okiura, by the way, I really miss his stuff)

I read that second half of the Okumura interview, still not pumped up for the show but he mentioned one of the big points being director Miyaji's skill with directing humour. We~ll... I don't really remember him for humour that much, but I guess it's been some time since I've seen anything he's directed. Hm.
Old 2008-04-25, 20:49   Link #90
Kaijin
かいじん

Just saw the teaser trailer. Looks really interesting.
Old 2008-04-26, 16:42   Link #91
ZODDGUTS

Can anyone confirm that the red hair girl is foreigner? Animenewsnetwork mentions that she is a foreigner. Guess it would make sense because she has red hair and blue eyes. They also mention the boys name is Akiyuki though I think that may have been already been mention here.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ailer-streamed
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 16:56   Link #92
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Can anyone confirm that the red hair girl is foreigner? Animenewsnetwork mentions that she is a foreigner. Guess it would make sense because she has red hair and blue eyes. They also mention the boys name is Akiyuki though I think that may have been already been mention here.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ailer-streamed
The red haired foreigner is this girl I think:

Her name is Nakiami
Old 2008-04-26, 17:11   Link #93
ZODDGUTS

Mind implodes. So wait that image really is for Xamdou series? Really looks different. So I guess the girl that is being carried by Xamdou is just a classmate who eventhough has red hair and blue eyes is Japanese. Guess you can't judge a characters race base on their hair and eyes in anime anymore.
Old 2008-04-26, 17:58   Link #94
terrus

So if that image is from Xamadou are we going to have some sort of Alternate dimension thing going on here or something?
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 18:10   Link #95
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
So if that image is from Xamadou are we going to have some sort of Alternate dimension thing going on here or something?
No, it's a different country I believe. I think you should stop expecting Xamdou to take place on a same world as ours. It's more than likely a fictional world, based the story synopsis on the main website.

I don't know why you people are surprised about that picture though. I mean where else would it be from? Not to mention it says Xamdou right there on the page...
Old 2008-04-26, 18:29   Link #96
ZODDGUTS

Hoping that hawt red hair blue eye girl is one of the main characters she has to be! Plus she was shown first with that Xamdou creature. Unless that short hair girl is the same person?

Quote:
I don't know why you people are surprised about that picture though. I mean where else would it be from? Not to mention it says Xamdou right there on the page...
I don't read moon language so I don't recognized the Japanese writings for the Xamdou title. That's why I thought and several others as well that it was some image for something else.
Old 2008-04-27, 16:51   Link #97
terrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
No, it's a different country I believe. I think you should stop expecting Xamdou to take place on a same world as ours. It's more than likely a fictional world, based the story synopsis on the main website.

Ah i see
Spoiler for Spoiler for E7:

Still i find it odd that the country that the main characters are in would be advanced enough to have access to anti-gravity technology whilst the red-haired girl's country would be stuck in the middle ages. For two nations to have such a technological gap between them but to still exist in the same world seems somewhat unbeliveable to me, which is why i didn't belive that picture was from the same series. Plus most people on animesuki can't read word one of Japanese Aardvark.
Old 2008-04-27, 23:24   Link #98
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Still i find it odd that the country that the main characters are in would be advanced enough to have access to anti-gravity technology whilst the red-haired girl's country would be stuck in the middle ages. For two nations to have such a technological gap between them but to still exist in the same world seems somewhat unbeliveable to me, which is why i didn't belive that picture was from the same series. Plus most people on animesuki can't read word one of Japanese Aardvark.
Wow, yes, it's totally unbelievable. I mean, it's not like in the real world we have countries that have nuclear powered submarines, stealth bombers and satelight imaging while other countries have citizens living in huts, with a shortage of food and water. That's totally unrealistic right? Yup, could never happen on the same world.

So I guess these photos:
Spoiler:

Must be from another world that these photos were taken:
Spoiler:

And god forbid, these photos can't possibly be from the -same country- right?
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-28, 14:06   Link #99
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Mind implodes. So wait that image really is for Xamdou series? Really looks different. So I guess the girl that is being carried by Xamdou is just a classmate who eventhough has red hair and blue eyes is Japanese. Guess you can't judge a characters race base on their hair and eyes in anime anymore.
Actually it just has more of an 80's style design to it. That was the common look for character designs back in the day.

Quote:
Ah i see
Spoiler for Spoiler for E7:

Hehehe maybe the creators had a game of Civilization IV before coming to the discussion table and decided to use their experience for the anime.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 15:38   Link #100
terrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Wow, yes, it's totally unbelievable. I mean, it's not like in the real world we have countries that have nuclear powered submarines, stealth bombers and satelight imaging while other countries have citizens living in huts, with a shortage of food and water. That's totally unrealistic right? Yup, could never happen on the same world.

So I guess these photos:
Spoiler:

Must be from another world that these photos were taken:
Spoiler:

And god forbid, these photos can't possibly be from the -same country- right?
Spoiler:
Jesus Christ! Sorry for having an opnion . Okay upon reflection i was wrong, but if i wanted to have people metaphorically slit my throat and spit down my neck i would of gone to 4chan. I can see why you keep your reputation disabled if that's the way you behave on the board Duckroll.

Last edited by terrus; 2008-04-28 at 18:05.

Tags
bones