Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-30, 02:39   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 499 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2008-04-30, 03:31   Link #2
Fyria

No OP chapters in almost 3 weeks due Golden Week/One Piece seasonal pause.

Chapter 499 spoilers come as late as 13.5 While it's nice to see this thread already made I suggest that this thread is 'disabled' (don't know exact word) until atleast 11.5
Old 2008-04-30, 04:03   Link #3
chitgoks

spoilers going to come out sooner or later
Old 2008-04-30, 04:06   Link #4
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
spoilers going to come out sooner or later
Now that is the correct attitude to have, we could learn from your optomistic ways.

Let us all remember, "The Sun'll come up tomorrow/Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow/There'll be Sun" .
Old 2008-04-30, 04:55   Link #5
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Please PM me once there's good reason to re-open the thread, for the moment it will remain a sticky but closed

Quote:
Due to Golden Week, Chapter 499 isn't due for release until the 13th May.
Edit: Wednesday 14th May thread now opened.

Last edited by xris; 2008-05-14 at 08:14.
Old 2008-05-14, 07:03   Link #6
naruto89

yahoooo ! finally 499 spoilers, camshots and brief script are out.

badass zoro ftw and the foreshadowing of the return of the strawhats newfound allies!

Btw does anyone have any official source to say that chapter 500 will be special!

Last edited by xris; 2008-05-14 at 08:13.
Old 2008-05-14, 08:45   Link #7
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto89 View Post
yahoooo ! finally 499 spoilers, camshots and brief script are out.

badass zoro ftw and the foreshadowing of the return of the strawhats newfound allies!

Btw does anyone have any official source to say that chapter 500 will be special!
We'll just have to wait and see next week won't we?

It does look like an interesting chapter. Zoro almost ends up doing away with one of the Nobles until that Female Pirate Bonney intervenes....
Old 2008-05-14, 08:54   Link #8
Fyria

Here are 499 spoilers from Aohige, intresting chapter.
Spoiler for Spoiler part 1:

<Edit by Mod (xris): This was more a translation than a summary therefore not allowed>

It seems that Strawhats enjoy high reputation amongs other Supernovas and enjoy respect from them. Capone,Urouge,Bonney,Apoo and Hawking respects Zoro and comment that he is very strong and has strong killer instinct on himself and praise Luffy that he is able to have someone as Zoro as follower.

I was quite sure that other Super novas would initially despise Strawhats and they would have to fight them but now they could turn potential allys.

Last edited by xris; 2008-05-14 at 09:16. Reason: Please do not post translations or near complete translations
Old 2008-05-14, 09:03   Link #9
marvelB

Pretty interesting-sounding chapter. I really like the fact that the supernovas are looking out for each other (even if it's just to avoid the wrath of the admirals). Even more interesting is Hawkins predicting Zoro's future. Maybe some of these guys won't even end up being enemies in the future after all....

And I've gotta say, I DID NOT expect that the crew would need Duval's help so soon. I figured that they would call for his help at least by the time the ship coating was finished....

As far as the ministory goes: Kaku slide? CP9 really SHOULD open up a zoo.
Old 2008-05-14, 09:24   Link #10
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler part 1:
I would like to point out that the above "summary" is rather close to a complete transation as well. Your second spoiler section had been deleted because it was a translation.

Please remember the following request posted at the start of this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2008-05-14, 09:28   Link #11
itis

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
I would like to point out that the above "summary" is rather close to a complete transation as well. Your second spoiler section had been deleted because it was a translation.

Please remember the following request posted at the start of this thread
you also owned his signature .

This chapter sounds interesting. I wonder why Sanji would need Duval's help.
Old 2008-05-14, 09:38   Link #12
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by itis View Post
This chapter sounds interesting. I wonder why Sanji would need Duval's help.

Sanji says so himself: Duval and the Flying Fish Riders are pros in the kidnapping/slavery business. Secondly, they're familiar with the area, so they could find Camie and that Peterman guy's gang that kidnapped her faster than the crew can.

Also forgot to mention: Even if Bonney DID stop Zoro from injuring a noble, it's still pretty obvious that SOMEONE from the crew is gonna lay the smackdown on one of those bastards.... which I look forward to seeing.
Old 2008-05-14, 11:50   Link #13
Blackbeard D. Kuma

It is indeed interesting to note that in spite of the big ego's some of the supernovas have, even they wouldn't dare to cross one of the nobles. Things are also going to get really intense when the flying fish riders are dispatched to retrieve Camie for the strawhats. Also, Camie needs to stop getting kidnapped so many times already .
Old 2008-05-14, 16:13   Link #14
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Interesting... They might get friendly with some of the other rookies, as far as that's possible between pirates anyway. But perhaps any pirate attacking a world noble could have repercussions to all pirates in the vicinity. I guess none of them want any admirals hanging around, out for blood. Can't wait until a noble gets his ass kicked though, it's practically unavoidable. Can't wait to read this chapter, the wait's been killing me!
Old 2008-05-14, 17:03   Link #15
marvelB

Something occurred to me... what if Camie ends up being sold ot the nobles? That could be the trigger that leads to the World Nobles' destruction. Heck, maybe even some of the other supernovas will join in on the fun (or at least the ones who aren't afraid of pissing off the government even further, anyway.)!

And I shudder at the amount of the amount of ZoroxBonney fanart that's sure to spawn from this chapter after it's released....
Old 2008-05-14, 20:17   Link #16
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Interesting... They might get friendly with some of the other rookies, as far as that's possible between pirates anyway. But perhaps any pirate attacking a world noble could have repercussions to all pirates in the vicinity. I guess none of them want any admirals hanging around, out for blood. Can't wait until a noble gets his ass kicked though, it's practically unavoidable. Can't wait to read this chapter, the wait's been killing me!
With what Bonney said it seems like she did stop Zoro in order to not have him cause an Admiral to go to the archipelago and cause problems for the rest of them (Whether its looking after one another or just to simplify the situation).

As far as Cammie goes maybe this will lead to something bigger or will just be another event before the Strawhats actually get the ship ready to go to their next destination.
Old 2008-05-15, 01:46   Link #17
chitgoks

duval told them if they need any help he will help them, so it was pretty obvious they would meet again pretty soon
Old 2008-05-15, 19:38   Link #18
marvelB

Yeah, but I'm just surprised that Sanji is gonna ask for Duval's help THIS soon. Like I said before, I figured that they would call the Fish Riders after the coating was finished. I also had the idea that if an admiral were to arrive and hunt down the crew, Duval and his men would hold him off while the crew escapes or something (and in the process, Duval ends up getting beaten up so badly that his face looks even worse than his original one!). But who knows what plans Oda has for the Fish Riders in the upcoming chapters...
Old 2008-05-16, 00:51   Link #19
itis

I agree, in every major arc there is first an introduction of the secondary character and then they come at the end to help. We have retard monkeys during the skypiea arc; frankie crew during the cp 9 arc, the lola crew during the thriller bark arc. However, the reason why I find this strange is that because if a girl was kidnapped Sanji wouldn't wait for help to go rescue her. I guess he is really Nami whipped.
Old 2008-05-16, 01:18   Link #20
chitgoks

i wanan see zoro use his new sword!
Closed Thread