AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-27, 19:04   Link #1421
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Yup, i also think that we wont have a happy ending... but who knows.. maybe Bones will surprice us!!! (i dont think so). I just hope that they make it beautiful, smart and not soup-operta type..
Old 2007-07-27, 23:05   Link #1422
tresor

Reading imbetween the lines.

A way I have been able to make headway with some of the self-involved anime series is from the previews from the next shows and the soundtracks. The previews usually include the only director's commentary one will receive in the series. The previews have made several comments about P/Bai/Hei's sister (the latest at the end of episode 15).

I was a little disappointed that the current soundtrack did not include more of the background music, because on the soundtrack the background music is tied to an actual name. So, when the background music plays one can then associate the name with the scene, which usually provides some insight (and sometimes major insight).

What are the odds of Studio Bones having a bitter ending?
Old 2007-07-27, 23:08   Link #1423
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Bitter? Bitter is a couple breaking up. Death means tragic, even more depressing.
Old 2007-07-27, 23:26   Link #1424
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresor View Post

What are the odds of Studio Bones having a bitter ending?
Well, theyve gone to both extremes before, tragic ending with Wolf's Rain, and super happy good ending with Eureka Seven

Kind of hard to predict, but considering that at the moment I'm not even sure WHAT would constitute the final arcs of the series I cant really say what type of ending we'll have here.

Nevertheless, it's not like there's some Studio Bones credo for anime endings, most of their works have don't have some sort of "bad end" or "good end" pattern. Its not as if the studio dictates its shows endings to the creators (from what I know...)
Old 2007-07-27, 23:28   Link #1425
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Wow, I had forgotten about Wolf's Rain. Now that is a sad ending.
Old 2007-07-28, 01:11   Link #1426
meh

Episode 17 isn't bad in of itself, just really annoying on the heels of several plot-advancing episodes. Since the overall plot in DTB is very good, this makes things very disappointing. The bi-episodal nature of the series also implies that the next episode is likely filler material too.
Old 2007-07-28, 01:54   Link #1427
ImperialPanda

I don't think eps 17 was filler at all. It showed quite a bit of Hei's "regular" life that was never known before. There have been more details on almost every character besides Hei and this episode is finally about him.

Funny too. xD
Old 2007-07-28, 02:05   Link #1428
tresor

dreams...

Wolf's Rain Screenplay: Dai Sato Storyboard: Tensai Okamura. Tensai Okamura (DtB Creator) avatar is the laying wolf's head.

I'm glad that you liked Eureka Seven, but don't read this ending spoiler for that one, nor Dai Sato's interviews.
Spoiler for Tone of Eureka Seven Actual Ending:
Old 2007-07-28, 02:24   Link #1429
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Well, theyve gone to both extremes before, tragic ending with Wolf's Rain, and super happy good ending with Eureka Seven
I'm not sure if Eureka Seven's ending can be called a "super happy good ending" when
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-28, 02:53   Link #1430
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Spoiler for End:
Old 2007-07-28, 08:23   Link #1431
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Episode 17 isn't bad in of itself, just really annoying on the heels of several plot-advancing episodes. Since the overall plot in DTB is very good, this makes things very disappointing. The bi-episodal nature of the series also implies that the next episode is likely filler material too.
well i did expect a "cool off" period for amber and her team to prepare for the next stage of their plan so i took this mini arc/story as a breather before we are thrown head first back into the main story :3

overall its not too bad ~ i can definitly see some emotion for the story instead of something totally random :/

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-28, 12:15   Link #1432
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Wow, i can´t believe that in two monts we will be talking about the end.... i hate to not have spoilers!!! i hate to not have a clue about anything!!! (well, i love it too). And for what a read, if we make a bet, the Amber and Hei death will be the winner...

Speaking about something else, where are you Wao? i miss your posts! you always made a good summary of the chapters and, you always made interesting comments!! come back!!! we miss you!
Old 2007-07-28, 12:20   Link #1433
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I call death to at least Amber, probably Hei as well.
Old 2007-07-28, 13:02   Link #1434
hipeach

I don't understand why BONES don't hire some English teacher to write the english part for them. I'm surprised the police can somehow understand the "claim of responsibility" from evening primrose. Even free online translators can do a better job
Old 2007-07-28, 15:40   Link #1435
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Jejej.. yup, they are worse than me... they even invented a city "Rondon"
Old 2007-07-29, 02:49   Link #1436
ImperialPanda

Spoiler for primrose at end of eps 16:

Last edited by ImperialPanda; 2007-07-29 at 03:06.
Old 2007-07-29, 03:31   Link #1437
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipeach View Post
I don't understand why BONES don't hire some English teacher to write the english part for them. I'm surprised the police can somehow understand the "claim of responsibility" from evening primrose. Even free online translators can do a better job
Free online fan translators are better than the majority of professional translators in Asia, speaking from a perspective of a translator/interpretor myself. It's very difficult unless you understand both cultures, which most translators do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda View Post
I don't think eps 17 was filler at all. It showed quite a bit of Hei's "regular" life that was never known before. There have been more details on almost every character besides Hei and this episode is finally about him.

Funny too. xD
What do you consider "filler" then? I would think that with an episode that neither advances the story nor have much character development to be a filler. It reminds me of the early arcs, where the stories have really no bearing on the main story at all.
Old 2007-07-29, 07:51   Link #1438
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Free online fan translators are better than the majority of professional translators in Asia, speaking from a perspective of a translator/interpretor myself. It's very difficult unless you understand both cultures, which most translators do not.
actually, I was not talking about fan translators, but something like
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Old 2007-07-29, 15:08   Link #1439
JiggleJiggle
Master of the Universe

actually, i don't mind if amber dies. just hei. i'm all set on a heixyin ending.
Old 2007-07-29, 15:16   Link #1440
tresor

Translators

Quote:
"Free online fan translators are better than the majority of professional translators in Asia, speaking from a perspective of a translator/interpretor myself. It's very difficult unless you understand both cultures, which most translators do not."
After seeing some of the better of the free translations of various anime, I hold the people who do this work (and for free) in an extremely high regard, of the highest kind.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural