041 - 050: Below Average... 1 1.59%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You couldn't even finish the episode... 2 3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-11-23, 18:18   Link #81
JustRob

But that's what this manga is about right who has the best super jutsu and who will emerge as the victor
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 18:31   Link #82
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
But that's what this manga is about right who has the best super jutsu and who will emerge as the victor
Nope. Look at fights like Deidara vs Sasuke. It was non-stop tactics cat-and-mouse. At times its as if Kishimoto gets lazy and can't think of clever ways to give the fight layers.

For one thing, I think he woulda have been in a better situation if he had staged the fight outdoors. Fighting in a confined cave doesn't leave much room for flexibility in terms of tactics since both fighters are eyeball to eyeball the whole fight.

It wasn't a total wash. It was still entertaining based on how much we all anticipated the fight. But it left much to be desired.

Hopefully the Anime will be able to breathe more life to the fight by adding some filler moves in between, or simply by the fact that the jutsu's are now animated and in full color. That can help things at times.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 20:51   Link #83
kimbokasteniv

Am I remembering incorrectly? Didn't Kakashi use mangekyou sharingan on Deidara a long time ago?
kimbokasteniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 02:27   Link #84
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yup, Kakashi used his MS to blow Deidara's arm into another dimension or something...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 03:04   Link #85
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbokasteniv View Post
Am I remembering incorrectly? Didn't Kakashi use mangekyou sharingan on Deidara a long time ago?
Whats that got to do with anything? Kakashi uses one super move and it negates the other billion of fights where he won with strategy and quick thinking? And using Kamui against deidara wasnt even a fight. They were chasing deidara who was flying gaara away. Then team-gai showed up and quadruple teamed deidara.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 06:20   Link #86
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ It means that Itachi didn't know about Kakashi's mangekyo when he told Sasuke that, if he gets MS, there will be a total of 3 people possessing it...though I don't remember if he used it when he fought Itachi and lost before the timeskip.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 06:24   Link #87
Alchemist007
*Author

I wonder if Itachi would've shit his pants if Kakashi used the MS during their 3 second fight.
Old 2009-11-24, 10:46   Link #88
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Finally checked out the ep over the weekend…And while it was definitely a top 5-10 $hittypudden ep, I thought the fight could have been even more super-epic in just superficial factor, however the psychological battle taking place was ill…I Joe Glass Jawwed when Akatsuki’s TMZ.com reporter the camouflage mantis-head revealed to the audience that the entirety of the battle we had just scene was merely mind play all along (Even the mindplay within the mindplay )…

One thing I was disappointed in was that Itchi’s whole plan is basically a cliché…Yeah maybe it was foolish to think otherwise, but I always thought Itachi may have had a mysterious reason for doing what he did that was cooler than the static “Moooooo Powaaaaaa!!!” Especially in his scenes where he toyed with naruto it seemed like he had another side or another agenda, but as awesomely cool as his ultimate plan reveal was (along with that badass 4-eye-slot treasure troll he summoned), I can’t help but being a tad disappointed that his entitre goal in life is just the normal, run-of-the-mill, super-powered immortality, sighs…lol…It was kinda cool to see him totally break character when he reveled it though…

On a side-note I think Oro-Sama’s plan regarding sharingan was a bit cooler now that I reflect back…Atleast he had more of a niche desire with Sharingan (Learn all the jutsu’s of the world)…

The backstory flashback while a bit annoying was probably needed for a general audience so I wont go Hitler on that…Overall I thought the revelation of the Sharingan clan was awesome and pretty much answered everything in-terms of Naruto and the 9-tails, Konoha village, and the creation of Akatsuki…Jesus it’s a copy-eye world and Sharingan clan are the class…Everything in this series now revolves around them…SO much for this show ever having been about Naruto…At this point I doubt anyone would mind a retro-fitted series title change (Sharingan $hittypudden^^)…Great episode, could have been a more awesome “normal” fight, but the psychology and revelations revealed makes this ep stand near the top…

P.S. Super Saiyan Sharingan eye was kinda fug if I’m being honest…Looked liked the universal recycling symbol…meh…Terminal eye-blinding, MonkeyGold Sharingan looks cooler ^o^…
Old 2009-11-24, 12:26   Link #89
neshru

I wonder why you are so fixated with calling the series "$hittypudden" when you yourself admit they are doing a good work
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:43   Link #90
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I wonder why you are so fixated with calling the series "$hittypudden" when you yourself admit they are doing a good work
They have been doing almost excellent work of late, but the fact remains that 75% of this series has been $hittypudden (Not that I said that in my original post to pi$$ anyone off, it’s just that I’ve been calling it that for so long it just sorta stuck^^) Any opinions on the rest of my post or is that major thing you took from it all?
Old 2009-11-25, 08:16   Link #91
neshru

This week's pic (not shown in the preview) of the upcoming episode:
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 12:43   Link #92
itachi29al

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Finally checked out the ep over the weekend…And while it was definitely a top 5-10 $hittypudden ep, I thought the fight could have been even more super-epic in just superficial factor, however the psychological battle taking place was ill…I Joe Glass Jawwed when Akatsuki’s TMZ.com reporter the camouflage mantis-head revealed to the audience that the entirety of the battle we had just scene was merely mind play all along (Even the mindplay within the mindplay )…

One thing I was disappointed in was that Itchi’s whole plan is basically a cliché…Yeah maybe it was foolish to think otherwise, but I always thought Itachi may have had a mysterious reason for doing what he did that was cooler than the static “Moooooo Powaaaaaa!!!” Especially in his scenes where he toyed with naruto it seemed like he had another side or another agenda, but as awesomely cool as his ultimate plan reveal was (along with that badass 4-eye-slot treasure troll he summoned), I can’t help but being a tad disappointed that his entitre goal in life is just the normal, run-of-the-mill, super-powered immortality, sighs…lol…It was kinda cool to see him totally break character when he reveled it though…

On a side-note I think Oro-Sama’s plan regarding sharingan was a bit cooler now that I reflect back…Atleast he had more of a niche desire with Sharingan (Learn all the jutsu’s of the world)…

The backstory flashback while a bit annoying was probably needed for a general audience so I wont go Hitler on that…Overall I thought the revelation of the Sharingan clan was awesome and pretty much answered everything in-terms of Naruto and the 9-tails, Konoha village, and the creation of Akatsuki…Jesus it’s a copy-eye world and Sharingan clan are the class…Everything in this series now revolves around them…SO much for this show ever having been about Naruto…At this point I doubt anyone would mind a retro-fitted series title change (Sharingan $hittypudden^^)…Great episode, could have been a more awesome “normal” fight, but the psychology and revelations revealed makes this ep stand near the top…

P.S. Super Saiyan Sharingan eye was kinda fug if I’m being honest…Looked liked the universal recycling symbol…meh…Terminal eye-blinding, MonkeyGold Sharingan looks cooler ^o^…
Its hard to call the goal of a shonen villain cliche or unorginal when basically any shonen villain villain who is an actual major villain(their are some weaker and less i portant one who will not follow this stereotype) basically want on of four things. 1. To rule the world 2. To gain immortality 3. To become amazingly powerful (This can often time be so they can accomplish goal 1) and 4. Cause massive destruction (Often time wanting to destroy the world) What makes it creative or not is how they go about doing it, and if feel the way itachis goal, number 3 to obtain power, is creative. Oro just wanted a combination of 2 and 1. Also i thought his plan was very uncreative, he want to understand how the world works, knowing him he would want to use the power for bad, so how did they write him off a way to it, by having him learn every jutsu, i alway found kind of sell out. Their were better ways to write a way for him to understand the world then learn all jutsu, always found it so uncreative. Plus with new jutsu always develop it was an impossible task. Orochimaru was like some five year old saying he was going to be president of the united states, one know that it probably wont happen and even if it does it wont for a really long time. It a hopless and distant goal and really took from the threatening aspect of his character. Meanwhile the goal of Itachi is right in front of him and very reachable.e. You realize he is a threat because what he desire may very well be achieved. Anyway i thought itchi goal was very original compared to others goals. But i am biases lol i love itachi character and hate oros.
Old 2009-11-25, 15:51   Link #93
boyinblue
Ninja
*Fansubber

135 was ok i guess nothing new if you read the manga but the end transition from sasuke's past to the current fight was pretty epic. 136 was pretty cool as well.
boyinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 20:08   Link #94
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
Its hard to call the goal of a shonen villain cliche or unorginal when basically any shonen villain villain who is an actual major villain(their are some weaker and less i portant one who will not follow this stereotype) basically want on of four things. 1. To rule the world 2. To gain immortality 3. To become amazingly powerful (This can often time be so they can accomplish goal 1) and 4. Cause massive destruction (Often time wanting to destroy the world) What makes it creative or not is how they go about doing it, and if feel the way itachis goal, number 3 to obtain power, is creative. Oro just wanted a combination of 2 and 1. Also i thought his plan was very uncreative, he want to understand how the world works, knowing him he would want to use the power for bad, so how did they write him off a way to it, by having him learn every jutsu, i alway found kind of sell out. Their were better ways to write a way for him to understand the world then learn all jutsu, always found it so uncreative. Plus with new jutsu always develop it was an impossible task. Orochimaru was like some five year old saying he was going to be president of the united states, one know that it probably wont happen and even if it does it wont for a really long time. It a hopless and distant goal and really took from the threatening aspect of his character. Meanwhile the goal of Itachi is right in front of him and very reachable.e. You realize he is a threat because what he desire may very well be achieved. Anyway i thought itchi goal was very original compared to others goals. But i am biases lol i love itachi character and hate oros.
I don’t know maybe it’s my own personal view of Itachi because I’ve always considered him one of the most exceptional shonen villains because of his mysterious nature and overstated abilities despite never showing much…Deep down I actually thought he might wind up being a martyr or something like that…Or that he had some grand explanation for the hell he put everyone through that would be deeper than just an eternal power-grab…

I mean I totally agree with you in the sense that the way he sets up the foul-play is just as important as the villainy itself, but with Oro atleast his goal lended itself to a certain level of creativity…Yeah he’s evil, no buts about it, but copying and collecting Justus endlessly (and stylishly using them) from a Narutoverse sense seems sorta awesome for a sharingan user…Given the fact that Itachi’s plan is directly related to his clan (and really not the world itself) it seemed rather cliché once he goes into his Yagimi Light rant at the end explaining it’s all about a power-move…I guess I just wanted it to be more than that despite the undying commitment he had to this plan…
Old 2009-11-26, 08:37   Link #95
zaxthezax

I smell a plot hole btw.
Some facts I catched:
* Madara and Madara's Bro get MS.
* Madara ultimatifys his MS with his Bro's MS.
* Itachi wants to ultimatify his MS with Sasukes MS.
* Itachi wants Sasuke to battle him after activating MS.
* Sasuke has no MS but Itachi still battles him to get his regular Sharingan.

The question:
So, doesn't it matter if MS is activated or not? If it doesn't, why didn't Itachi just take Sasukes eyes back when he murdered his clan or when he met Sasuke in the NarutoXJiraiya encounter? That would have produced much less trouble.
zaxthezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 11:54   Link #96
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxthezax View Post
I smell a plot hole btw.
Some facts I catched:
* Madara and Madara's Bro get MS.
* Madara ultimatifys his MS with his Bro's MS.
* Itachi wants to ultimatify his MS with Sasukes MS.
* Itachi wants Sasuke to battle him after activating MS.
* Sasuke has no MS but Itachi still battles him to get his regular Sharingan.

The question:
So, doesn't it matter if MS is activated or not? If it doesn't, why didn't Itachi just take Sasukes eyes back when he murdered his clan or when he met Sasuke in the NarutoXJiraiya encounter? That would have produced much less trouble.
^ It is possible that Itachi thought Sasuke had an MS but doesn't actually, but now it's too late. He can't escape because Sasuke is too powerful for that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 05:23   Link #97
Starrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu View Post
Nope. Look at fights like Deidara vs Sasuke. It was non-stop tactics cat-and-mouse. At times its as if Kishimoto gets lazy and can't think of clever ways to give the fight layers.

For one thing, I think he woulda have been in a better situation if he had staged the fight outdoors. Fighting in a confined cave doesn't leave much room for flexibility in terms of tactics since both fighters are eyeball to eyeball the whole fight.

It wasn't a total wash. It was still entertaining based on how much we all anticipated the fight. But it left much to be desired.

Hopefully the Anime will be able to breathe more life to the fight by adding some filler moves in between, or simply by the fact that the jutsu's are now animated and in full color. That can help things at times.
They go fight outside in the NEXT F**KING EPISODE.
Starrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 01:29   Link #98
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, Never have I seen, such an intense Staring contest. As also mentioned by Venus Fly trap guy, Still, there were a lot of impressive moves. And we learned alot about the clan history.

Tags
weekly episode discussion