051 - 060: Average, like a live Chicken. Now if it was fried.... 4 8.00%
041 - 050: Bad, like riding a bicycle while drunk 0 0%
011 - 040: Awful, like most of Naruto-filler saga 2 4.00%
001 - 010: I'm sorry. I was too busy oggling at James. Isn't he dreamy? 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-11-26, 20:18   Link #21
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

The shadow shuriken was really the only impressive thing for me in this episode. I'm really not likely the way this fight has gone so far. Itachi looks really umderwhelming, I thought he was spectacular, but it seems like they only want his eyes to be strong. He had to be an EXCELLENT ninja to join anbu, yet his skills in taijutsu and ninjutsu are getting topped by Sasuke at every turn.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 20:27   Link #22
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

zetsu got the front row seat
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 20:31   Link #23
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Amazing View Post
The shadow shuriken was really the only impressive thing for me in this episode. I'm really not likely the way this fight has gone so far. Itachi looks really umderwhelming, I thought he was spectacular, but it seems like they only want his eyes to be strong. He had to be an EXCELLENT ninja to join anbu, yet his skills in taijutsu and ninjutsu are getting topped by Sasuke at every turn.
Don't give up on watching, you will be surprised sooner or later
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 21:47   Link #24
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Looks like the finale will come in next ep.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 23:26   Link #25
MikoKikyo

Yeah, I remember that being much longer in the manga... Things kinda flew by, but I don't mind that so much. Thank god the disgusting eyeball things are done. (I hope).

Sasuke omg, he is so amazing in this fight!!

One thing that seems unlikely is Itachi not having foreseen Sasuke using kawarimi. Even I could foresee that, I mean, Orochimaru-style or not, kawarimi is one of the most common techniques they use. The guys has been a ninja all his life, yet looks extremely surprised when Sasuke isn't there where he attacked... Now where could he have gone?
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 00:28   Link #26
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoKikyo View Post
Yeah, I remember that being much longer in the manga... Things kinda flew by, but I don't mind that so much. Thank god the disgusting eyeball things are done. (I hope).

Sasuke omg, he is so amazing in this fight!!

One thing that seems unlikely is Itachi not having foreseen Sasuke using kawarimi. Even I could foresee that, I mean, Orochimaru-style or not, kawarimi is one of the most common techniques they use. The guys has been a ninja all his life, yet looks extremely surprised when Sasuke isn't there where he attacked... Now where could he have gone?
It's not a regular subsitution justu smart one.

Oho next week's episode is gonna be kick ass.
Old 2009-11-27, 03:16   Link #27
Alchemist007
*Author

Hot episode
Looking forward to "the end."
Old 2009-11-27, 03:42   Link #28
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Looking forward to more eyeball action and crunching noises, Sasuke's screams were delicious <3
Plus, he actually looked cool for once, that's pretty rare...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 04:22   Link #29
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

This episode impressed me. I'm glad the genjutsu is overwith and they got into the real fighting. The new battle music when they moved to the roof was cool also. I can't wait for next week!
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 04:46   Link #30
kitten320

Quote:
[snipped]

Even Zetsu had mentioned that Itachi could easily dodge the shuriken but he didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
It's not a regular subsitution justu smart one.

Oho next week's episode is gonna be kick ass.
It still is the same thing yet ninjas ALWAYS are suprised by clones, like if they have never seen them before. And that is really annoying.

Last edited by monir; 2009-11-27 at 10:16.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 05:29   Link #31
Guardi

Why does the Sharingan get this much attention?
Wasnt it said that the Rinnegan is the most powerful and legendary Eye.
Madara should kill Pein and take one Eye. Left Eye Rinnegan right Eye Sharingan would be pretty devastating.

Concerning the fight. Yeah i also didnt like that Itachi looked a littlebit weak. I seriously hope he is not using this technique where they copy themselves on dead bodies or something. Like they used against the Gai-Team. I really hated that.
Guardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 07:10   Link #32
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Rinnegan doesn't go Mangekyo, and sharingan is an Uchiha thing so it's sure to work with Itachi and Sasuke, but who knows what would happen with another eye type...
Quote:
Even Zetsu had mentioned that Itachi could easily dodge the shuriken but he didn't.
The man is half-blind, he can't see well and isn't accustomed to super-hearing yet, so it's natural that his overall combat skill has dropped somewhat.
Old 2009-11-27, 08:31   Link #33
codeblue

Quote:
Are we watching the same Anime. Sasuke might win the fight eventually, but from what has been shown thus far Itachi seems to have the upper hand. Sasuke is holding is own but he is missing an eye.
codeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 08:49   Link #34
AnbuItachi

I think you missed it but sasuke isn't missing an eye.. that was all an illusion.
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 08:59   Link #35
boyinblue
Ninja
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
I think you missed it but sasuke isn't missing an eye.. that was all an illusion.
Better known as Genjutsu
boyinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 09:06   Link #36
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Looking forward to more eyeball action and crunching noises, Sasuke's screams were delicious <3
Plus, he actually looked cool for once, that's pretty rare...
When was it so?
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 10:04   Link #37
Ryuken
Claymore #01

A lot has been said about this episode now, hasn't it. The obvious reason would be that it was that damn good. About Itachi being unable to doge that shuriken tech I don't know. One can say that he sight had been effected and other stuff too. But I guess he did saw it in time and could have dogged it in time, but he didn't for some reason. One other thing for me was the animation of the black flames of Amaterasu. I think I liked it much better the first time Itachi used it in his fight with Jiraya. And also, as @Suika said, the music was mind blowing.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 10:29   Link #38
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I also have to say Itachi's skill compared to Sasuke's was quite underwhelming. The episode wasn't as spectacular visually either. It was good, but that's about it.

The black fire is quite exhaustive to the chakra and supposedly one of the ultimate attack in the Narutoverse, and yet..... just yet... the visual effect and the energy exerted in other type of ninjutsu or taijutsu are much more appealing to the eye. Even the music wasn't as grand. Everything seems to hint at Itachi isn't the same Itachi who came out as the "chosen one" of the Uchiha clan.

Hopefully next week we get to see what's the other technique Itachi has in store for us. Right now the overwhelming victory goes to Sasuke while Itachi is all about the legend without any merit to all those talks. Then again, he also doesn't seem to be himself. The other Akatsuki member commented that it was odd he couldn't dodge the shadow shuriken.

Finally, don't hint! It's quite insensitive and out of taste even if it is done inadvertantly. The anime is following the manga which means everything will be revealed in due time just like the manga revealed itself once a week.

edit: A poll is now up!

Last edited by monir; 2009-11-27 at 11:24.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 11:06   Link #39
JustRob

Finally they're picking up the pace. No more stupid flashbacks, just good action. Good episode.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 11:50   Link #40
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
When was it so?
When his technique actually hit Itachi, I was like OMG wasn't that just a KB? :O
Quote:
The black fire is quite exhaustive to the chakra and supposedly one of the ultimate attack in the Narutoverse, and yet..... just yet... the visual effect and the energy exerted in other type of ninjutsu or taijutsu are much more appealing to the eye.
The flames and the dragons are more japanesque in art, kinda like those paintings you see in museums etc. I think it's a nice approach, what with the anime being japanese and everything.
Quote:
A poll is now up!
And I assume you're the one who raised it? :P
Voted for great, the music and sounds in this episode seemed quite refreshing to me. Adding to that, the art variations I mentioned earlier as well as the fact that this is a good battle. If Zetsu wasn't commenting like a <call names here>, I would have enjoyed this fight a lot more.