AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-08-29, 09:33   Link #101
Eragon
Still Alive

So.....Tobi = Obito...... That's it? All the secrecy and the identity is a simple rearrangement of words? really?.............And 16 fucking pages of absolute bullshit..........Did Kishi just go retard?

The only way this can become worse is if his reason for Moon's Eye plan is Rin's death.
Old 2012-08-29, 09:36   Link #102
sayde

Now I'm all but convinced in the theory that Obito is being used Orochimaru style as a vessel for whoever the original Tobi is (whether it be Madara or someone else). Granted, I'm sure there are a number of differences involved, but however it worked out, I believe Obito's soul/consciousness came to accept whoever it is that's pulling the strings. Hopefully Naruto won't talk-no-jutsu Obito's consciousness into making Tobi have a complete mental breakdown.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:40   Link #103
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

considering Tobi has a space-time ninjutsu he may have develop a time warping technique maybe his other dimension can be a form of Hyperbolic Time Chamber in Dragon Ball - http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Hyp...c_Time_Chamber

so that he trained a lot and a lot to master the Kamui and made him age more than Kakashi
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:41   Link #104
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
after seeing recycled concepts again and again like the Love Triangle concept in naruto (nagato, konan, yahiko) and (naruto, sakura, sasuke) and now (kakashi, rin, obito) i guess that is possible to happen like others said Obito has his body but is controlled or possesed by Uchiha Izuna maybe

and also someone catch this on another forum

Spoiler for pics:

good catch, since Obito died after Minato became Hokage - http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Minato_Namikaze

it maybe just Obito's imagination though like he imagines Minato as a Hokage at that time when he is still alive or that they draw that panel wrong
I think this is another confusing part of this chapter...

is this only a trolling chapter for us???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Music View Post
Well, no surprise here... But if it were, say Goku, under that mask, I'd be very surprised...

Spoiler for social media does work fast:

Credit goes to rightful owners...
that'll be awesome... I like this better...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:43   Link #105
Targus
The Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I think this is another confusing part of this chapter...

is this only a trolling chapter for us???

that'll be awesome... I like this better...
Yes, I actually would've liked this better
Targus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 09:45   Link #106
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Music View Post
Well, no surprise here... But if it were, say Goku, under that mask, I'd be very surprised...

Spoiler for social media does work fast:

Credit goes to rightful owners...
meme of the year
Old 2012-08-29, 09:46   Link #107
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
and also someone catch this on another forum

Spoiler for pics:

good catch, since Obito died before Minato became Hokage - http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Minato_Namikaze
That actually is a good catch. Plus i checked and on the first page of Kakashi Gaiden you can see the monument and it only has the first three hokage's. Granted there is a big word buble in the way, but it seems clear that Minato has not been added yet. So ya, kishi slipped up.
Old 2012-08-29, 09:57   Link #108
Arkard

Perhaps Obito wanted Nagato's resurrection jutsu for Rin? Well, assuming he didn't off her himself that is...
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 10:01   Link #109
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

exactly how sure are we that Minato WASN'T hokage at this time...to consider this a slip up is an option, but its a pretty huge one. and IMO not one the author would make...
Old 2012-08-29, 10:02   Link #110
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Defensive?

That wasn't my point. Kishimoto himself is trying to argue that Naruto could become Tobi/Obito based on their simplistic comparison. Being brash and liking a girl who doesn't like you does not equal trying to take over the world.

As an aside, Sakura gets a bit of a bum rap (especially due to anime filler and the recent debacle with Sasuke after the Danzou fight), but she is an actual three dimensional character (more so than Naruto and Sasuke at times). Sure, she is a brat, weak and 'useless', but she is still standing there with the titans and trying to do her best. She is a normal girl amongst the elite (honestly, she reminds me more of Obito than Naruto does). I can still recall how quickly she jumped in front of that Old Bridge Builder way back when, attempting to defend him, even though she knew she was the weakest link. She makes mistakes, sometimes she learns from them other times she regresses, but she has always constantly sought to improve herself (even if only by minute steps or for the wrong reasons), eventually becoming one of the most powerful female characters in the entire series (for whatever that is worth in a series that seems to intentionally limit the power (or at least never showcase the power) of its female characters). Sakura is, to me, the most human character in the series. (That being said, it is fun to make fun of Sakura...)
I wasn't harping on Sakura.

There's a difference between "Parallel" characters and "Character copies".

In any of the "parallel trios" there is one aloof guy (The Sasuke), one goofy guy (The Naruto), and one girl (The Sakura). Different characters that parallel the same roles can be radically different, but they'd still be considered The Sasuke, The Naruto, and the Sakura. Obito was The Naruto of his team, no matter how you look at it. In the other teams, it was always The Sasuke who ended up being the villain.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 10:06   Link #111
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Wow....

So Tobi is Obito.

Those "wrinkles" on his face that we thought signified old age were actually scars from when he got crushed by that boulder.

Kishimoto has a whole hell of a lot of explaining to do, but when I think about it it makes sense. We were introduced to Sharingan by Kakashi. Obito's "death" had a major effect on Kakashi's life. Obito is basically the Naruto of his generation but he seemingly died before he could realize his potential. I'm sure Kishimoto has thought of everything since he has been building to this all along. He's thought of how Obito survived, how he got involved with Madara, how he got so insanely powerful his abilities rival the 4th Hokage and how he makes sense as the main villain of Naruto.

I'm going to venture a guess here that Madara before he died discovered the dying Obito and decided to make him his successor. A lone Uchiha left for dead who was probably disillusioned with the ways of the Ninja may have been looked upon as a good apprentice. That's why Obito has similar abilities to Madara, that's how he got so powerful and that's why while he was masked he took his name. Obito had no reputation anyone would respect but Madara, his mentor did. His body was broken when Kakashi left him so some how, perhaps with the powers of Zetsu it has been maintained. Obito was supposed to resurrect Madara with the help of Nagato but ofcourse that didn't work out for him. Now he is trying to fulfill his master's goal of bringing about the Infinite Tsukiyomi.

For some reason they need an able bodied Uchiha like Sasuke to help out with the plan.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
Old 2012-08-29, 10:08   Link #112
Azerik

The only thing that can be completely gathered from this, is Tobi looks sneakingly like Obito, and he most likely has Obito's right eye, because of how Kakashi's Kamui, and his Technique are linked to the same dimension.

Also, he doesn't really look that much older than Kakashi, so I'm not sure what half of you are talking about on that part...the one half of his face being wrinkly, could be attributed to over use of the Sharingan, which we see in Itachi to a certain extent, or like MysticNinjaJay says, scars from the boulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
exactly how sure are we that Minato WASN'T hokage at this time...to consider this a slip up is an option, but its a pretty huge one. and IMO not one the author would make...
It's 100% sure lol. Minato becomes Hokage after his first meeting with the A the current Raikage, which takes place after Kakashi is a Jounin, which happens only a few days before Obito's "death".
Azerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 10:09   Link #113
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Send a message via MSN to Black0raz0r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I wasn't harping on Sakura.

There's a difference between "Parallel" characters and "Character copies".

In any of the "parallel trios" there is one aloof guy (The Sasuke), one goofy guy (The Naruto), and one girl (The Sakura). Different characters that parallel the same roles can be radically different, but they'd still be considered The Sasuke, The Naruto, and the Sakura. Obito was The Naruto of his team, no matter how you look at it. In the other teams, it was always The Sasuke who ended up being the villain.
and in a other team tthere were:
Orochimaru as the aloof guy
Jiraya as goofy guy
Tsunade as the girl
Old 2012-08-29, 10:10   Link #114
Black-Cat-Sama

People disappointed with Tobi's face reveal?! Color me SHOCKED! /sarcasm.

Seriously, as discussed, Kishimoto waited too long to real Tobi's face and slipped in too many details to keep his identity a mystery once the Tobi theories started. He was probably initially only meant to be Tobi and somehow became the big boss somewhere through editing.

Anyways, no matter WHO was under that mask, I'm sure there'd be people giving up faith and complaining, so it's whatever. Honestly, a character we knew is better than a random no name that they'd explain (how Pain, Nagato, Yahiko and all that was) and all the time travel stuff was really killing it. I mean, time travel only serves to create so many paradoxes from time to time that I don't think it'd help anything.

Here's hoping for a nice explanation though. I'm still going with the 'Tobi' is just an identity, and Obito took up the identity once the person who Itachi massacred the village with died. Anyways, yay OBITO! HAHAHAHA

(PS, before the anime did the Minato Kushina flashbacks...what if Obito just had a growth spurt?? ;] lololol. Seirously though, that was probably someone else).
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 10:11   Link #115
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Well yes that's why i looked back to kakashi gaiden since i was not sure if it was mentioned that Minato was still just a jounin... The chapter does seem to imply that Minato is a jounin

Though what i did find was this pic
Spoiler for image:

Minato's head should be right where that block of text is.
Old 2012-08-29, 10:13   Link #116
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

it might be that Tobi = Obito's Body + Izuna's Spirit... it makes sense since Izuna being on par with Madara can master the full potential of the space-time power (kamui) of Obito's sharingan... i mean even Kakashi cannot even use space-time power (kamui) on the level that Tobi uses it lol

i come to this speculation from combining other peoples thought and sources
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 10:17   Link #117
janipani

Masked man legacy theory still stands.. you can name previous masked men however you like.

Or.... maybe Obito learn time travelling?

Come on people! You should know Kishi's patterns already! Of course it was Obito.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 10:19   Link #118
Teorenz

How the fuck did Tite Kubo get his hands on this chapters script?

Hitler explains this chapter so well.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Indeed, time travel jutsu by Obito seems to be the most plausible for now.
Teorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 10:20   Link #119
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
That actually is a good catch. Plus i checked and on the first page of Kakashi Gaiden you can see the monument and it only has the first three hokage's. Granted there is a big word buble in the way, but it seems clear that Minato has not been added yet. So ya, kishi slipped up.
oh yeah he did! i think he slipped up pretty good.

last week i posed the question, "what if tobi is indeed obito, how would you guys feel?" a lot of you answered you'd be pretty disappointed. man, most of you really are! lol

i'm just curious on how kishi would try to justify all this because it certainly doesn't add up. kishi will either turn out to be a genius or a shitty writer. the kishi bashing has already started, it might get worse if he doesn't pull this off.
Old 2012-08-29, 10:25   Link #120
Casshern

I thought I was gonna hate it, but I actually liked it. I especially like Tobi's face. I just hope he starts fighting to win now instead of the dumbed down numbskull he's been fighting like so far.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion