AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-07-14, 13:57   Link #6741
XFire
150% done

Honestly, it would have been better off not being a harem at all. I mean, I can not believe someone who got 200 chapters of rom com from four fairly generic girls couldn't come up with an equal amount of chapters on Raku and Chitoge holding off a goddamn gang war despite hating each other.
Old 2016-07-14, 15:01   Link #6742
ajstyles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No, she doesn't. She at least tried to confess, but got trolled hard by Komi both times. Raku is far more to blame since he never made a move the whole time.

This shit is unfair as fuck for Kosaki. It's not like Chitoge has been any more proactive than her (except when they were kids) yet she still won.
No, she should share some of the blame. Why wouldn't she make a more concerted effort to ensure her feelings get across to him, especially when she had so many chances to do so?

The thing is, this wouldn't happen, since Komi already decided from day 1, on who the end girl would be (the one-shot should've already given us the answer).

There can still be a twist in this, though, but chances of it happening are close to nil. Raku confesses to Chitoge, but she wants him to return to Onodera, since she doesn't want her rival to be hurt. This will result in an inconclusive end.
ajstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 16:31   Link #6743
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Honestly, it would have been better off not being a harem at all. I mean, I can not believe someone who got 200 chapters of rom com from four fairly generic girls couldn't come up with an equal amount of chapters on Raku and Chitoge holding off a goddamn gang war despite hating each other.
The problem is not that it is a harem. Many romance mangas are like that and it is still clear who will end up with the MC or if it will be an open/harem end. And the problem is not the shipping, because you can be a fan of someone without wearing fanboy glasses and just accept that it wont happen.
What the problem is, is that many people refuse to accept that the girl they like wont be the chosen one, because "of course the girl I like is the best ever and the author must think that way too and would never ever do that to my shipp" thinking. And when the shipp sinks, you see the typical butthurt and salt.

I can agree with you that it feels like 150+ chapters were wastet on stupid harem nonsese who could have ben used better in something like the gang war you mentioned.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 20:49   Link #6744
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Before accusing Kosaki of whatsoever, you should remember something crucial:

I know that it has pretty much fallen into irrelevances, but Kosaki was not allowed to do any move until the end of their third year.

Remember, this whole "both gang are at war with each other" and "we must pretend to be a couple for 3 years".

Yeah, if Kosaki was to actually confess, what do you think would happen? If Raku was to confess (...), what do you think would have happened?

Chitoge had 3 years of protection whereas Kosaki would get interrupted by some random stuff every time she mustered the courage.

At least she tried, a few times.

When was the last time Chitoge tried to confess? I remember her going through a "notice me senpai" phase and would get mad for not being noticed.

Marika was honest from the get-go (2nd best girl). Yui was... irrelevant. Tsugumi never stood a chance. Haru (best girl, IMO) got things done.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 22:08   Link #6745
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Yeah, if Kosaki was to actually confess in junior high, what do you think would happen?
That's the question you should be asking first.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 23:02   Link #6746
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
That's the question you should be asking first.
Maybe I'm a bit old-school, but Junior High is pretty "young" for that kind of thing...
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 23:11   Link #6747
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Maybe I'm a bit old-school, but Junior High is pretty "young" for that kind of thing...
I swear, that's not why I read shoujo manga
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 16:11   Link #6748
Justice_Rises

I know it's what everyone says, but what happened was always going to happen. I knew just from the very first chapter it was always going to be Chitoge (Just like it was always going to be Tiga in Toradora.)

It was so obvious and in your face and what doesn't make sense to me is how no one even bother to notice that, or did and played along with this idiot drama.
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-15, 16:50   Link #6749
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Who is no one?
I think the absolut most knew it, most had no problem with it or did no really care , a few refused to accept it and are mad now.
Old 2016-07-15, 19:42   Link #6750
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstyles View Post
There can still be a twist in this, though, but chances of it happening are close to nil. Raku confesses to Chitoge, but she wants him to return to Onodera, since she doesn't want her rival to be hurt. This will result in an inconclusive end.
Or an excuse to extend the story for a couple more chapters.
Old 2016-07-17, 11:44   Link #6751
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

So back on topic here, do you guys think Raku and Onodera could still be friends?

I mean normal people could probably pull it off but lets say Onodera gets herself a boyfriend at some point in the future, wouldn't any boyfriend have a serious problem with a girlfriend who was in love with a guy that was also in love with her for several years constantly being together? Not to mention that guy is a Yakuza heir with a mafia girlfriend.

Now I know normal people would just hang out once in a while or even just chat in passing but this is Raku style friendship we're talking about here. From what I can tell he gets deeply involved in every aspect of his female friends lives. I know he doesn't always do it intentionally but the fact is that he still goes all in when he does get involved.

The way I see it for her to have any kind of successful relationship in the future she would have to either tell Raku to keep his distance or go out with Shuu who knows and can be frank with Raku (which is a non-option IMO cause Ruri). I mean yea the boyfriend could man up and tell him to back off but lets face it, what high school guy can really be that way to the heir of a yakuza family? Even if Raku allowed it, there are people around him that wouldn't.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 17:47   Link #6752
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice_Rises View Post
I know it's what everyone says, but what happened was always going to happen. I knew just from the very first chapter it was always going to be Chitoge (Just like it was always going to be Tiga in Toradora.)

It was so obvious and in your face and what doesn't make sense to me is how no one even bother to notice that, or did and played along with this idiot drama.
I noticed. It's why I stopped reading 150 chapters ago and never looked back. I never like Chitoge, but knew she was going to be the end girl, so I saw no reason to continue. Especially when the manga had become so boring, clichéd and predictable.
Old 2016-07-19, 20:20   Link #6753
Malicre

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I noticed. It's why I stopped reading 150 chapters ago and never looked back. I never like Chitoge, but knew she was going to be the end girl, so I saw no reason to continue. Especially when the manga had become so boring, clichéd and predictable.
To be fair, its the same thing going on with SnS (megumi vs erina) and ppl are still thinking megumi has a chance. Its Nisekoi all over again.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 02:36   Link #6754
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
To be fair, its the same thing going on with SnS (megumi vs erina) and ppl are still thinking megumi has a chance. Its Nisekoi all over again.
To be fair, Shokugeki no Soma is not a romance series. The series can be ended without Soma picking the end girl. Because of this, the endgame is uncertain and readers just ship their favorite characters for their own amusement.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 10:46   Link #6755
ajstyles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
So back on topic here, do you guys think Raku and Onodera could still be friends?
Why not? Raku will never feel guilty about his decision, Onodera moves on, and so do the other girls.

Spoilers for the next chapter are already out, anyway.

Spoiler for 227:
ajstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 11:08   Link #6756
ImperialFlameGod8190

^Good for Chitoge

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 11:45   Link #6757
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
^Good for Chitoge
heh I'll give em six months. j/k

@ajstyles

I never said anything about Raku feeling guilty or not, my statement was regarding that even if they decide to stay just friends, does Raku know how to keep the distance of just a friend. They've been just friends all this time and he's ended up deeply involved in the girls lives.

Even if Onodera wants to move on, how many people would be ok with her "just friends" relationship with Raku? She would have to put some distance between them.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 20:04   Link #6758
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

What? No more drama?
Old 2016-07-20, 20:39   Link #6759
XFire
150% done

Nope. I mean, we've kept it up for 150 chapters, I think we've earned a break.
Old 2016-07-20, 20:46   Link #6760
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
heh I'll give em six months. j/k

@ajstyles

I never said anything about Raku feeling guilty or not, my statement was regarding that even if they decide to stay just friends, does Raku know how to keep the distance of just a friend. They've been just friends all this time and he's ended up deeply involved in the girls lives.

Even if Onodera wants to move on, how many people would be ok with her "just friends" relationship with Raku? She would have to put some distance between them.
Don't see the problem with being friends.
If Onodera has not really moved on so that just being friends can be a burden on her relationship, maybe she should not have agreed to start it in the first place.
But if there is just nothing more than being freinds and her boyfriend is just some insecure idiot who demands that she should stop seeing her friends, she should end it before it gets more complicated.

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life