AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-11-29, 00:25   Link #1081
KLGChaos
The Shermain

This series continues to impress me… always been a favorite. This has been an incredible comeback after the hiatus with an inntelligent, well-written plot.

Really hope this gets an anime someday.
Old 2016-11-29, 06:02   Link #1082
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

great conclusion... I hope there would be no more revelation in upcoming chapters..

and congratulations Sasamori... you got a very strong rival... AN IRIS ZERO!

we always joked about yandere koyuki for years now and when it finally happened, our mind is still blown away
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 11:29   Link #1083
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
great conclusion... I hope there would be no more revelation in upcoming chapters..

and congratulations Sasamori... you got a very strong rival... AN IRIS ZERO!

we always joked about yandere koyuki for years now and when it finally happened, our mind is still blown away
Maybe Koyuki is thinking to transfer her eye to Toru so she can be with him "forever"
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 11:44   Link #1084
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Maybe Koyuki is thinking to transfer her eye to Toru so she can be with him "forever"
I wonder what happen if you just transfer half of your eyes. Would it make both of them have the same power?
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 16:29   Link #1085
Hiro Hayase

Well I actually prefer Rei over Koyuki in character design and realistically speaking she (Rei) knows more about Toru's suffering better than anyone. Koyuki's unwareness(?) about Toru's surrounding always bothered me and her interactions with him creating trouble. Her love feels like a childish infatuation to me that does not consider the realities. It's cute to see, but improbable in reality.

Also, Koyuki has a lot of hardship ahead of her if she wants to marry/date Toru. Her parent's/family members and her social groups will not approve of such a relationship no matter the logic. Iris Zero being below is kind of an ingrained view. I don't see that view changing anytime soon, look at the history of racism. I see more tragedy than romance in such a path, love is not magical. Well if Koyuki really wants to help Toru, its better for her to gain power and change the mindset around them not as a student council president but an influential lawmaker.

I also simply cannot imagine Koyuki being in the same position as Toru and coming out of that unscathed. At least with Rei, there would be less opposition and a reason to be together that's more believable. That little brother is a wingman.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2016-11-29 at 16:40.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 22:29   Link #1086
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Well I actually prefer Rei over Koyuki in character design and realistically speaking she (Rei) knows more about Toru's suffering better than anyone. Koyuki's unwareness(?) about Toru's surrounding always bothered me and her interactions with him creating trouble. Her love feels like a childish infatuation to me that does not consider the realities. It's cute to see, but improbable in reality.

Also, Koyuki has a lot of hardship ahead of her if she wants to marry/date Toru. Her parent's/family members and her social groups will not approve of such a relationship no matter the logic. Iris Zero being below is kind of an ingrained view. I don't see that view changing anytime soon, look at the history of racism. I see more tragedy than romance in such a path, love is not magical. Well if Koyuki really wants to help Toru, its better for her to gain power and change the mindset around them not as a student council president but an influential lawmaker.

I also simply cannot imagine Koyuki being in the same position as Toru and coming out of that unscathed. At least with Rei, there would be less opposition and a reason to be together that's more believable. That little brother is a wingman.
agree she couldnt help him in Kuga arc
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 23:06   Link #1087
Wandering Soul

The part where the probabilities assure Rei that she wasn't responsible for her brother's death was sweet. I think that she would make a good match for Toru, not that I really have anything against Koyuki.
Old 2016-11-29, 23:51   Link #1088
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
agree she couldnt help him in Kuga arc
She was the one who "caused" Toru stop attending school in Iris Hunter arc and the one who convinced him back to the school.

Koyuki is the reason why Toru hasn't giving up on living as a human.

Rei aware of the iris zero existence in her school yet she doesn't approach him or don't bother to find how the iris zero looks like. In case you guys forgot, Toru and Rei are attending the same school. It was clear that Rei stop caring about iris zero the moment she became one of the cool kids in the society.
Old 2016-11-30, 01:14   Link #1089
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
She was the one who "caused" Toru stop attending school in Iris Hunter arc and the one who convinced him back to the school.

Koyuki is the reason why Toru hasn't giving up on living as a human.

Rei aware of the iris zero existence in her school yet she doesn't approach him or don't bother to find how the iris zero looks like. In case you guys forgot, Toru and Rei are attending the same school. It was clear that Rei stop caring about iris zero the moment she became one of the cool kids in the society.
Even without Koyuki, Toru still has some allies like his loyal friend that can see those death butterflies. Toru is a lot stronger than you think, he lived from birth to high school prior to meeting Koyuki. I don't see his character as the type to be suicidal, but one when things go very bad for him he gets depressed but stands up again. So even if Koyuki didn't visit his house, he could have got himself back together again after some time like in the past.

Rei was an Iris Zero and what they fear the most is sudden changes in their somewhat quiet settings. For instance, Toru and his minimal exposure policy and Rei's reaction to her brother and friend getting together. Not to mention Rei's friends reaction to Toru being an Iris Zero at first and that attitude could have pushed her away prior to actually meeting Toru. Also, its not like her actions are anything worse than what Koyuki and the other cast members have caused Toru. All in all, she's a flawed character like everyone else.
Old 2016-11-30, 06:34   Link #1090
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Even without Koyuki, Toru still has some allies like his loyal friend that can see those death butterflies. Toru is a lot stronger than you think, he lived from birth to high school prior to meeting Koyuki. I don't see his character as the type to be suicidal, but one when things go very bad for him he gets depressed but stands up again. So even if Koyuki didn't visit his house, he could have got himself back together again after some time like in the past.

Rei was an Iris Zero and what they fear the most is sudden changes in their somewhat quiet settings. For instance, Toru and his minimal exposure policy and Rei's reaction to her brother and friend getting together. Not to mention Rei's friends reaction to Toru being an Iris Zero at first and that attitude could have pushed her away prior to actually meeting Toru. Also, its not like her actions are anything worse than what Koyuki and the other cast members have caused Toru. All in all, she's a flawed character like everyone else.
Without Koyuki, Toru only have Hijiri because I am pretty sure others became Toru's friends were due to Koyuki. And I think you were overestimating Toru. Sure that he will eventually stand up on his own but at the same time, he will put more walls around his heart and became more cynical than current self. Don't forget that Toru was extremely pissed off on Rei's friend for making Koyuki cried.

Koyuki is literally the only reason why Toru even bother with people nowadays.

Judging from Rei's character, I really doubt that her friend or surrounding will stop or affect her decision if she insists to meet the only Iris Zero in her school. Knowing how Iris Zero looks like from afar isn't exactly hard even if her friends disapproving her from meeting him directly. She just doesn't care enough to do so in the end.
Old 2016-11-30, 17:20   Link #1091
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Without Koyuki, Toru only have Hijiri because I am pretty sure others became Toru's friends were due to Koyuki. And I think you were overestimating Toru. Sure that he will eventually stand up on his own but at the same time, he will put more walls around his heart and became more cynical than current self. Don't forget that Toru was extremely pissed off on Rei's friend for making Koyuki cried.

Koyuki is literally the only reason why Toru even bother with people nowadays.

Judging from Rei's character, I really doubt that her friend or surrounding will stop or affect her decision if she insists to meet the only Iris Zero in her school. Knowing how Iris Zero looks like from afar isn't exactly hard even if her friends disapproving her from meeting him directly. She just doesn't care enough to do so in the end.
Yeah, I agree he would be more cynical or like Hikkigaya. Well Koyuki does have a tendency to bring problems to Toru leading to more interaction with others. Simply put, he has gotten close enough to get angry when people he knows is bad-mouthed.

Rei still has the stigma of being a former Iris Zero... and plus she is a girl. Also its not a guarantee that just because they are Iris Zero's they would get along; they are still complete stranger other than that similarity. There's plenty of unseen factors at play, she didn't approach Toru until she had a need for his help. Koyuki approaching Toru is the same in the beginning too for that reason; needing his help.

I honestly wonder if there are Iris Zero's or people with Irises simply pretending to have an Iris just so they wouldn't face discrimination. Would be interesting to see in another future arc.
Old 2016-12-01, 00:36   Link #1092
russellmz

anyone think she wondered if her rival was a more qualified match and saw a circle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
lol did he say the ability to see"what 's for dinner"?
pff so lame

could be one of the more powerful irises actually. you're basically seeing a piece of information from the future that you control. if you cook your own meals you can arrange to eat steak during days when the s&p 500 stocks go up and chicken when they go down. after a few months you're a millionaire. get more specific you can send food codes to yourself. broccoli-chicken-bacon-pizza can breakdown to words or refer to specific messages you write ahead. like #5437 terrorist attack|london|train|gas, etc.
russellmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 01:30   Link #1093
Darius Drake

Quote:
Yeah, I agree he would be more cynical or like Hikkigaya. Well Koyuki does have a tendency to bring problems to Toru leading to more interaction with others. Simply put, he has gotten close enough to get angry when people he knows is bad-mouthed.

Rei still has the stigma of being a former Iris Zero... and plus she is a girl. Also its not a guarantee that just because they are Iris Zero's they would get along; they are still complete stranger other than that similarity. There's plenty of unseen factors at play, she didn't approach Toru until she had a need for his help. Koyuki approaching Toru is the same in the beginning too for that reason; needing his help.

I honestly wonder if there are Iris Zero's or people with Irises simply pretending to have an Iris just so they wouldn't face discrimination. Would be interesting to see in another future arc.
Additionally, there's the fact that she's a "prior" Iris Zero. While this does mean that she'd understand his position better than non-Iris Zero, it'd also encourage jealousy. After all, ignoring someone is one thing. Rubbing their face in the fact that you were mysteriously "cured" of their "medical condition" is quite another.

And I mean that. The main difference between how "normal" people treat Rei and Toru is that Rei was cured of being an "Iris Zero" and Toru hasn't been. The reaction from those still suffering the effects of what she was "cured" of can be anything from gaining hope of getting their own "cure", to complete disbelief and rejection, to beat-them-with-a-stick level jealousy. And she had no idea which one Toru would be.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 08:31   Link #1094
dragon1412

pretty much what Darius and Hiro say, the ideal scenario would be Toru gaining hope, but even then, it's still not a very good scenario, Even in the case that Toru gained hope, what would happened if that hope never come true, in anyway Rei interaction with Toru initated from Rei with Iris zero as a topic bring absolutely no good end to Toru. And Rei should knew how well Toru think given that she was once in his position, Toru at the very start of manga has already accepted his surrounding, he has friends as well, not many but there still are. There is no need to force anything more that disturbed his surrounding.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 08:44   Link #1095
Sixth
Hu Tao

^ what do you mean not a very good scenario? Rei just outright told her classmate that she was dating iris zero. She is obviously doesn't care about the consequences. What is stopping those 3rd classmen come to find Toru and give him a beating after a few days? As for the rubbing his face, you know that Rei could have keep quiet about her secret but she ended up telling him because she doesn't really care how Toru's felt. I think you guys gave Rei's too much credits for being considerate here.

Assuming that Rei is being considerate about Toru's life, she could at least know how the iris zero looks like. She heard about it but she doesn't even bother to check how he was look like. For example, I am not America citizen but I at least know how Donald Trump looks like because the curiosity got me when I know I won't be talking or meeting with him for my whole life.
Old 2016-12-01, 09:12   Link #1096
dragon1412

Quote:
^ what do you mean not a very good scenario? Rei just outright told her classmate that she was dating iris zero. She is obviously doesn't care about the consequences. What is stopping those 3rd classmen come to find Toru and give him a beating after a few days? As for the rubbing his face, you know that Rei could have keep quiet about her secret but she ended up telling him because she doesn't really care how Toru's felt. I think you guys gave Rei's too much credits for being considerate here.

Assuming that Rei is being considerate about Toru's life, she could at least know how the iris zero looks like. She heard about it but she doesn't even bother to check how he was look like. For example, I am not America citizen but I at least know how Donald Trump looks like because the curiosity got me when I know I won't be talking or meeting with him for my whole life.
i was talking about if Rei were to come to Toru and tell him of her situation, even before he met Koyuki and Toru's subsequent reaction, the upper classmens be damned. Toru, when coming to knew Koyuki, is more open and easier to talk to, and remember, Rei don't know how Toru would react when he knew about her. From a fellow Iris zero POV, the ideal scenario is to leave Toru alone since he already conformed to his surrounding, and what good would she get from peeking at him ??? watch him getting ridiculed and just stay silent because it would do him best, she is just another character, watching Toru is effectively watching her past self, seeing him getting ridiculed is the same as seeing her past self got ridiculed, it bring her nothing but pain wacthing him and now you think whe need to do it for curiousity ??? Donald trump is a millionaire. The right example would be coming to a homeless and tell him in the face that you used to be like him and now you are rich. Rei and Toru don't have much interaction before as well so approaching him out of nowhere will just cause needless misunderstanding
Old 2016-12-01, 09:40   Link #1097
Sixth
Hu Tao

It is not even about peeking him or what. She could at least bother enough to know how Iris Zero looks like when the entire schools seem aware how Iris Zero looks like. To me, she stop bothering with Iris Zero the moment she became one of the cool kids. She was intentionally buried her previous identity.

And Rei doesn't care which Toru she was dealing. She was literally forcing herself onto him without caring about the consequences. She doesn't care how Toru felt or how the surrounding think of or else she won't openly said that she was dating Iris Zero in front of her schoolmate.

And I don't know why you guys having the impression that Rei should reveal her past or rubbing Toru's face if she met him earlier? She could just treat him like an acquaintance like those fodders from the school trip.

As for the Donald Trump, I know this may come as surprise to you, but many people in my country don't know who is Donald Trump because he has nothing to do with our country. I only knew him because of the curiosity and the words from the internet forum.

If Donald Trump is a bad example for you, how about your notorious underclassmen who recently punched the teacher and everyone was talking about it? You don't have to approach him but it definitely won't stop you from knowing how he looks like if you are really curious about it.
Old 2016-12-01, 09:47   Link #1098
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

If there is a like button then i will like Sixth post to bring Trump name here
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 10:10   Link #1099
dragon1412

Quote:
If Donald Trump is a bad example for you, how about your notorious underclassmen who recently punched the teacher and everyone was talking about it? You don't have to approach him but it definitely won't stop you from knowing how he looks like if you are really curious about it.
The problem is you see, she is not a bystander who heard of it. She was there, she used to be like that, the Iris Zero that she is going to see out of curiousity is the same as her very past self.

Using your example, it mean that You have onced punched the teacher and people talking about and now you are going to peek at the person who done the very same thing as you. And FYI, their case isn't anywhere as good, they never hit anyone, as a matter of fact, they were the one on the receiving end. A look just for curious meaning that you are subjecting someone who is the same as you in the past the same thing people done it to you, in their place, would you enjoy it if people were to peek at you simply because you don't have something that everyone have ???
Old 2016-12-01, 10:26   Link #1100
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
The problem is you see, she is not a bystander who heard of it. She was there, she used to be like that, the Iris Zero that she is going to see out of curiousity is the same as her very past self.

Using your example, it mean that You have onced punched the teacher and people talking about and now you are going to peek at the person who done the very same thing as you. And FYI, their case isn't anywhere as good, they never hit anyone, as a matter of fact, they were the one on the receiving end. A look just for curious meaning that you are subjecting someone who is the same as you in the past the same thing people done it to you, in their place, would you enjoy it if people were to peek at you simply because you don't have something that everyone have ???
Yes, if I knew someone who punched the teacher like what I did in the past, I will bring myself to see how he looks like. This piece of information may be come useful to me in the future, such as avoiding him if possible since I knew how he look like instead of looking for a fight with him if I was accidentally hit his shoulder when walking in the corridor or I may be sympathize with him and try to be friend if I want since both of us were kinda related or similar.

Also, stop sounding like Rei needs to peek at Toru for every single day. All it need to take one peek afar to see how Iris Zero looks like and continue your daily life if you are not interested to approach him due to whatever reasons. It is not that hard.

Again, Rei isn't considerate as you believed. I doubt she really put that much thought into it. The manga itself showed how Rei's character was.

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen