AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-06-20, 16:41   Link #5701
Homura7

Hmm, I don't think so.

The build up is quite large for it to end up with just that. Chisame may be difficult to handle, and her bad temper sometimes can lead to unfortunate yet hilarious situations, I know that. But these are precisely the traits that in turn make her so charming.

It's gonna be a long confession, I can tell. And I expect a lot of belligerent sexual tension between the two. It's possible they also keep their relationship a secret to the others to not let their feelings for each other interfere in the great battle they are about to engage in the near future. Though is probably going to end up being unavoidable if either's life is threatened.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-04, 16:35   Link #5702
NapoleonDeCheese

So, spoilers.

I'll never feel happiness or hope ever again.

Any time anything good seems to peek over the horizon, I'll know it's just a mirage to make me suffer. Any time I have a sliver of faith on anything, I'll know better and purge it out of my heart before it turns around to cruelly gnaw at me from the inside. There is no way whatsoever to happiness and closure on either side of the Fourth Wall until the sweet, sweet embrace of Lady Death comes for you, pushing you into the final relief of oblivion while underlining how meaningless it all was.

Thank you, Akamatsu Ken, for teaching me how truly pointless existence is. Your manga sucks, by the way.

Suffice to say, well, I didn't like the spoilers.

Soooo... Fate Grand Order's really nifty, huh? I think, I think I'll go play that right now, y-yeah, ha hah.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-04, 16:53   Link #5703
Homura7

You've been showing us time and time again, but with this last rant you've just proved your inability to process things, and don't even get me started on how that thing alone changed your entire view on life. It's really grating how much can a work of fiction affect some people to the point they start to spout nonsense.

But you've annoyed me, for the last time.

Now to the spoilers, though people probably already have an idea of what happened, courtesy of that guy who throws a tantrum when things don't go his way.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-04, 17:07   Link #5704
NapoleonDeCheese

Eh, I'm just a large ham, that's all. And I've been going through a very raw patch in Real Life lately too, so please at least let me vent out in a silly fashion. Really, even without this, even with the best ending ever for this or any other manga, I'd still feel like shit right now. My life's a mess at the moment.
Old 2017-07-06, 13:28   Link #5705
Hata
時の異邦人

Negima wideban #15 and 16 covers are Asakura and Kakizaki,

Negima BD box set #2 is out, nice cover art of Negi X Konoka.
http://king-cr.jp/special/negima_complete-box/

Spoiler for 138:
Old 2017-07-06, 19:33   Link #5706
NapoleonDeCheese

After this anyone would have to wonder why Negi wouldn't end up with Asuna.

Spoiler for On Ala Alba and Asuna:
Old 2017-07-07, 04:01   Link #5707
Hata
時の異邦人

further proof of Ken has a fetish of megane girl? (with Naru and Chisame) spent the days rereading Emma and almost miss the UQ deadline, and wonder if it is still possible to find H dojinshi for it.

=====

new Negima pachinko game PV, out September

https://youtu.be/BIK2U73PKng
Old 2017-07-07, 06:10   Link #5708
ChuckE
Provoker

Wait wait. What happened? I didn't see the spoiler but please enlighten me...

Last edited by ChuckE; 2017-07-07 at 06:26.
ChuckE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-07, 07:22   Link #5709
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
further proof of Ken has a fetish of megane girl? (with Naru and Chisame) spent the days rereading Emma and almost miss the UQ deadline,
Good to see where the man's actual priorities are.
Old 2017-07-10, 14:34   Link #5710
Random14

I wish the Negi and Chisame moment could have continued longer. I don't say that as just a Chisame fan, but rather that Chisame didn't mean to leave Negi in tears, she would have done something to cheer him up. Of course the rest of 3-A has to jump in, ugh, forgot how annoying those girls are. Most of them are either trolls (the things they do to Negi, ugh ) or too stupid (or in love) to know any better. That Ayaka face was funny though. Asuna and Chisasme are the only ones who actually try to protect Negi's emotional wellbeing (Chachamaru just snarks and Akira is unimportant).

Then back to the war against the Mage of the Beginning. Honestly I'm starting to find it kind of boring by now. Touta and his harem aren't the best characters (far from it), but a sudden flashback to an alternate timeline (that we already know have a good end) feels really forced. Negima's plot really did run out of steam after the Fate battle.

Or the author is just really leaning heavily on the Negima nostalgia for UQ? The callbacks are nice (Chisame love points were way up there, and huh, Negi referenced that time the runner girl was in the confessional), but not enough for me to ever buy another manga of his (bad Negima ending and UQ definitely not up to that standard either).

It was funny that even Chisame mocks the lack of foreshadowing (and she's not so genre blind as to not sense the oncoming dangerous confession). If Negi ever pulls himself together, I might be slightly interested in if his feelings change in five years (Chisame was saying it wouldn't work out rather than not liking him)... but knowing this manga, we'd only get teases and hints and no definitive answers, hence my apathy.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 17:57   Link #5711
Ultragunner

"Like grandpa like son" I guess?
Poor Touta and Negi, both got rejected despite the other party did hold affection for them, but due to some "circumstances", our boys got shot down

Now that I think about it, only Nagi succeeded on the "first try" with Arika eh?

EDIT: I hope Ken would really go for a splash in UQ, make it a true harem darn it!! There is no need to abide to the human's values, 'cuz they are a bunch of immortals (except for 2 girls that is )

Last edited by Ultragunner; 2017-07-10 at 18:20.
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 18:54   Link #5712
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
EDIT: I hope Ken would really go for a splash in UQ, make it a true harem darn it!! There is no need to abide to the human's values, 'cuz they are a bunch of immortals (except for 2 girls that is )
Human laws may change but immortals are forever
Old 2017-07-10, 19:22   Link #5713
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Now that I think about it, only Nagi succeeded on the "first try" with Arika eh?
Even then, it seems like Arika either died or disappeared after giving birth to Negi, and by Negima's epilogue she doesn't seem to be a factor at all, Nagi not even mentioning her. So it just seems the Springfields can't ever really have long lasting relationships.

Sometimes I wonder if something happened to Akamatsu after Love Hina. You'd think a married man would be able to, you know, actually portray romantic completion and fulfillment.
Old 2017-07-10, 22:49   Link #5714
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Or Arika have new family....~~
Like Zuko's mom from Avatar...
Old 2017-07-11, 14:46   Link #5715
Twi

Just read the chapter. Negi took rejection hard, but this only proves that he really did like her and Chisame felt the others could do better than her, cementing her as best girl.
Old 2017-07-11, 15:45   Link #5716
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
further proof of Ken has a fetish of megane girl? (with Naru and Chisame) spent the days rereading Emma and almost miss the UQ deadline, and wonder if it is still possible to find H dojinshi for it.

=====

new Negima pachinko game PV, out September

https://youtu.be/BIK2U73PKng
More like tsunderes. It's why I wasn't a fan of Chisame as a choice. Very much a been there, done that scenario.
Old 2017-07-12, 08:51   Link #5717
ReddyRedWolf

Chiu wants to be on the safe side. Then again she could be testing Negi's devotion in 5 years. Plus it is legal.

Oh shit Anya better not have heard this! Or any of his harem outside 3-A.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 09:07   Link #5718
Twi

I just realized something. It stated in Negima ending that Chisame became a Hikkomori after college and Negi is just going against the Mage of Beginning when she's in college. You don't think that what happened there resulted in her becoming like that?
Old 2017-07-12, 09:59   Link #5719
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I just realized something. It stated in Negima ending that Chisame became a Hikkomori after college and Negi is just going against the Mage of Beginning when she's in college. You don't think that what happened there resulted in her becoming like that?
She was already a hikikomori of sorts when she was introduced in Negima. Negi had to drag her out of her room to join the party with the others. Negi convinced her to come to the tournament. I always interpreted Negi's actions toward Chisame as being a teacher desperate to prevent his student from just being closed off from others. In a way he succeeded because she ended up becoming involved in things outside of her little, net idol world.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 20:03   Link #5720
Twi

She became even worse though after Negima.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love