Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-18, 19:31   Link #121
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
^That would be called After-Images I think.
Old 2009-06-18, 19:51   Link #122
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
That could be due to the fact sonido and shunpo don't work the same way. But I can remember one "clone-like" scene in Ichigo's case

Spoiler for space:

whatever, I don't think the ability to produce clones is a clear sign of superiority(Byakuya proved it somehow).
i agree without a doubt. when yourichi was fighting soi fon and soi fon got the special ops guys on her, yourichi just disappeared, beat all of them, and reappeared and since she's the fastest (i think anyways) that is enough proof.
Old 2009-06-18, 21:32   Link #123
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasd View Post
Yumichika was stupid, but still it was functional sickle multiplied few times (in an unusable fashion though :> ).
And later it was told that it's being unfunctional because of the sword pride and yumichika shame...

Wolcik
Have you tried any sword in your hand?
Go watch the arma and see that even zweihander is really used somewhat familiar to japanese katana.
Or in other words one hunter/ sniper rifle behaves differently, but an sniper can use either with ease.
Though if we change style altogether short swords or rapier than it's different...
I did hold a sword, but it wasn't a katana since I didn't follow japanese culture at that point and more of my own. I won't arque which sword is the oldest becaue the oldest is a sharp stone.
The basics go for all white weapons, but the advanced thechniques sometimes are unique - for example Ichigo wouldn't be able to block Inoue's brother attack in the same cool way if his sword had two sharp sides...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
That could be due to the fact sonido and shunpo don't work the same way. But I can remember one "clone-like" scene in Ichigo's case

Spoiler for space:

whatever, I don't think the ability to produce clones is a clear sign of superiority(Byakuya proved it somehow).
I know that there is "no point" in arquing after Kubo showed us otherwise, because there is a card called "it's his show/realms, and he rules it". However if everybody would respect such stupid rule then all we'd have would be stupid shows, because nobody would point of bad decisions and plotholes.
Yourichi could do the replacing ninja jutsu with her scarf, and later on Byakuya used it somehow. Ichigo didn't come as close as this, because he was smoothy all over the areas instead of making one clone as an image of the place where he last stood still (because all other moves are way to fast). So this espada pulls this move 5 times in the same moment, so he suppose to be x5 better than Yoruichi (faster) if she didn't hide another trick, but Byakuya had only this. I know that I'm picking more on this one instead of Kenpachi vs Nnoirtra one because picking on Kenpachi is based one power level (vs Ichigo) and new technique that has no way to disporff as even Yama-ji dosn't fight using both his hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
^That would be called After-Images I think.
It's after-image if anyone calls it their technique, right?
Old 2009-06-18, 23:05   Link #124
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I know that there is "no point" in arquing after Kubo showed us otherwise, because there is a card called "it's his show/realms, and he rules it". However if everybody would respect such stupid rule then all we'd have would be stupid shows, because nobody would point of bad decisions and plotholes.
Yourichi could do the replacing ninja jutsu with her scarf, and later on Byakuya used it somehow. Ichigo didn't come as close as this, because he was smoothy all over the areas instead of making one clone as an image of the place where he last stood still (because all other moves are way to fast). So this espada pulls this move 5 times in the same moment, so he suppose to be x5 better than Yoruichi (faster) if she didn't hide another trick, but Byakuya had only this. I know that I'm picking more on this one instead of Kenpachi vs Nnoirtra one because picking on Kenpachi is based one power level (vs Ichigo) and new technique that has no way to disporff as even Yama-ji dosn't fight using both his hands.
what byakuya did was a specific technique, a single specialized flash step, and not necessarily any measure of speed.
then the fight stopped being about speed in any way because clown-espada released.
also, he never said that was the only thing he learned from her. just that he didn't want to use it because he learned it from her.
Old 2009-06-19, 00:15   Link #125
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Howling Wolves
Quote:

* Continues from the last chapter, Stark stands up and lifts the gun in his left hand up and says, "Alright. Let's go, Lilinette.".But after a moment with no reply, he hit a gun with his head and it screams back at him."That hurts! What if my head cracked? Stupid Stark!""Shut up, if you are not concentrated then we could get into trouble! Beside, in this form how should know which part is what?""How many times do I have to tell you that is my head and ahhhh! That is my butt!!! You knew, didn't you???!!" Lilinette screams when Stark pinches the trigger.

* Suddenly, an object fly towards Stark and it's Shunsui's hat. Shunsui uses the moment Stark is still confesed to attack him but he managed to dodge. Stark mumbles his dislike of Shunsui's sudden attack but the captain doesn't wait for him to finish. He uses a smoke certain on the espada then crossing his swords then says, "Taka Oni".But before anything happen Stark aims his right gun at Shunsui and fires it and immediately aim the left one to his side. Shunsui appears on the exact same spot he's pointing a gun with a small burn on left sleeve.

* "Let me finish what I was saying before the interruption. You're too rush. This doesn't suit you, Mr. Captain." Shunsui chuckels that he meant to finish with the first attack but had to dodge Stark's one. Then he asks if what Stark fired was a cero. He admitted. Then Shunsui asks if it's alright to guess further how thoes guns can fire more than cero but Stark denies it. Shunsui tells him he's not good at lying. Stark hits back that is his word and even if he has to use force, he will make Shunsui release his bankai.

* He fires "Cero Metraletta" and doesn't allow Shunsui to escape. Shunsui tries to dodge while complaining Stark's cheating (for firing infinite cero). But before the cero reach Shunsui, Ukitake released his Sokyono Kotowari then fired a wave which resembles a cero. Stark was stunt and barely escap the attack then stopped to face Ukitake and angrily asks him,"That...that now was...the cero!?"

Credits : Annie / Drake

Old 2009-06-19, 00:40   Link #126
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
what byakuya did was a specific technique, a single specialized flash step, and not necessarily any measure of speed.
then the fight stopped being about speed in any way because clown-espada released.
also, he never said that was the only thing he learned from her. just that he didn't want to use it because he learned it from her.
Because it makes perfect sense for a guy that puts pride before his family, and his work before his pride, to NOT use this technique against Yoruichi when she was helping a dangerous terrorist invader and she was saying that he'd be even stronger next time.

I already said that 7th espada didn't take advantage of his speed at all, as if he could do x4&half thing only once. After realesing he could go for the head 3 times in a row and Byakuya would run out of limbs to cover himself.

Why does everybody have to explain their abilities whenever it's a villain or a hero I understand when the enemy descibes what he discovered, but telling about the skill rises the possibility of this skill's weakness being discovered
Old 2009-06-19, 01:33   Link #127
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Because it makes perfect sense for a guy that puts pride before his family, and his work before his pride, to NOT use this technique against Yoruichi when she was helping a dangerous terrorist invader and she was saying that he'd be even stronger next time.
well that particular technique would be useless for pursuit (as would making clones).
Old 2009-06-19, 05:18   Link #128
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
dam that cero gun is kick ass...unlike someones missle bankai. HOPEFULLY Kubo can give us better bankais for kyoraku and ukitate
Old 2009-06-19, 05:21   Link #129
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

oh Kubo....

Once again you manage to be the master of spamming white/negative space.

I think your the only mangaka to be able to stretch 5 simple events over the course of the whole 20 page chapter.

That said, it was interesting for what was there...
Old 2009-06-19, 05:29   Link #130
noktown

It's getting a bit annoying with Bleach,all they do is show off already for like what 3 - 4 chapters ?
Old 2009-06-19, 05:35   Link #131
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

I'm jumping back onto the anime-watching for the Ulq-Ichi and THIS fight. THE CHAPTER ENDED SO FAST. Can't believe I gotta wait another week now...

THE ANIME CREW BETTER NOT SCREW THESE UP.
Old 2009-06-19, 05:40   Link #132
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasd View Post
The problem is most of you (including Kubo) doesn't know shit about real swordsmanship etc. (No disrespect only fact).

But for example I knows some basics, tailored for killing not sport (kendo for example is mostly sport, like western foil fencing. But still kendo has edge in "real word" use.). So you saw my opinion above.

Bleach as a manga is strange, in DBZ power levels were everything. In naruto there is some kind of balance of technique vs raw power vs bloodlines. In bleach we have chaos: lucky pairing, hax techniques, etc. It's sometimes nice to watch and make sense, sometimes only nice to watch but mostly doesn't make sense...

Ah and about different weapons, it doesn't change the single fact.
First: you dont know what Kubo knows about and what not, it was never his intention to make this an intelligent martial arts manga

Second @Power levels: No... I think Naruto is baaad
e.g. Jiraiya defeats Itachi, Itachi defeats Orochimaru, Orochimaru defeats Jiraiya
w00t
and besides in bleach you just have to take ichigo out of the equation, since he is special of course
but other than that power levels in bleach are fine.
Old 2009-06-19, 06:08   Link #133
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

*Yawn* *Farts* another meaningless boring drawn out chapter with nothing happening.
Old 2009-06-19, 06:09   Link #134
kitten320

Don't know... Stark's guns didn't impress me that much... all it does is shooting cero... at least at the moment... good thing it can shoot more cero than one from one shot, otherwise I wouldn't be impressed at all.
Old 2009-06-19, 06:21   Link #135
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
This fight is pretty good so far, and it has the potential to be awesome. Cero bullets kind of suck but boy does Stark look cool with them guns. And thankfully that's not the only type of bullet he can fire. Of course, in Bleach there tends to be a distinct downward trend as fights progress, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Once again the espada seem to have some obssession with wanting to see bankai and the captain/shinigami in not showing them, despite being beaten to death. Great.
Old 2009-06-19, 06:21   Link #136
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Don't know... Stark's guns didn't impress me that much... all it does is shooting cero... at least at the moment... good thing it can shoot more cero than one from one shot, otherwise I wouldn't be impressed at all.
Shunsui said in the chapter that Stark was lying about shooting ceros is just his ability, and I believe him...

plus, he can shoot ceros like baras, with amazing speed

Old 2009-06-19, 06:24   Link #137
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Shunsui said in the chapter that Stark was lying about shooting ceros is just his ability, and I believe him...

plus, he can shoot ceros like baras, with amazing speed
Well if he can do more, I might change my mind. Till now, not impressed.

P.S. I was kinda suprised to see Stark hitting Lillinete and then shouting at her.

And it looks like Kubo had build fights in a bit strange way, at least for me...
Hitsugaya VS Halibel - irritating fight
Soi Fon VS Barragan - fight build more on suspence and which actually looks dangerous.
Shunsui VS Stark - funny and relaxing fight.

I wonder how it will be further, or Kubo will start all over again?
Old 2009-06-19, 06:28   Link #138
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Did Stark stick his finger up Lilynette's butt?!?! o_0'
Old 2009-06-19, 06:34   Link #139
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Did Stark stick his finger up Lilynette's butt?!?! o_0'
he just placed bullets on the gun???
waith a second...
wait, what?! bullets?!... ceros don't need them right?

mama mia, the hell?! I didn't notice that?!

Old 2009-06-19, 06:38   Link #140
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
he just placed bullets on the gun???
waith a second...
wait, what?! bullets?!... ceros don't need them right?

mama mia, the hell?! I didn't notice that?!
Now that you pointed it out... I really hope that we are wrong about it or I will be even more dissapointed

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion