WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Spoiler for final episode:

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 14:04   Link #2242
Dralha

Overall, a very entertaining series!

The only thing I didn't care for was Shinku's voice...It would've sounded better if they'd used a female seiyuu, like Yuko Sanpei.
Old 2011-06-26, 14:45   Link #2243
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralha View Post
Overall, a very entertaining series!

The only thing I didn't care for was Shinku's voice...It would've sounded better if they'd used a female seiyuu, like Yuko Sanpei.
Hmm... Shinku's seiyuu actually grew on me starting from 2nd episode. I thought he does a really good job.

Overall I would give it an 7/10 but since I enjoyed it so much I'm giving it an 8/10 if I added in enjoyment value hehe. The most disappointing part so far to be is just how anti-climatic the monster part was and how the plot was not very strong. Other than that the show was a fun and cute show that is just very easy to enjoy.

Anyways muhahaha! Love that at least we get a confession. I do agree though that episode 13 seems to be a sequel hook. I would definitely look forward to that.

@ JagdPanther
Well I think they show her just because some of us were curious of who is the person that could actually beat Shinku. Of course we knew there were stronger people than Shinku in Flonyard but we haven't seen one who is actually from his own world.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 14:50   Link #2244
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
@ JagdPanther
Well I think they show her just because some of us were curious of who is the person that could actually beat Shinku. Of course we knew there were stronger people than Shinku in Flonyard but we haven't seen one who is actually from his own world.
i actually had the strangest thought in one of the last 2 or 3 episode (can't remember which) that maybe the D'Arquien may have originally been from Shinku's world
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 15:19   Link #2245
Sekirei07

Ehh well overall the show was okay I guess. But the whole part of Shinku just "happen" to perfectly meet ALL of the necessary conditions to be re-summoned and its time frame "happens" to be right for summer vacation is just so... its just too dang convenient to be good! It just ruins the whole mood it sets up. If the God they saved made it so he could return or Rico's hard work actually paid off THAN it would have been a good ending, this just had too much bullshit.

Why was such an important piece of information regarding magic just left in a letter by a dead (the princess' parents are dead I assume) king and NEVER told or recorded by an scholar, I mean given how strict the rules for re-summoning are it should have required a fair amount of testing I would think.
Old 2011-06-26, 15:34   Link #2246
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Ehh well overall the show was okay I guess. But the whole part of Shinku just "happen" to perfectly meet ALL of the necessary conditions to be re-summoned and its time frame "happens" to be right for summer vacation is just so... its just too dang convenient to be good! It just ruins the whole mood it sets up. If the God they saved made it so he could return or Rico's hard work actually paid off THAN it would have been a good ending, this just had too much bullshit.

Why was such an important piece of information regarding magic just left in a letter by a dead (the princess' parents are dead I assume) king and NEVER told or recorded by an scholar, I mean given how strict the rules for re-summoning are it should have required a fair amount of testing I would think.
Lol! That's one thing that I thought was funny. You know that when you were younger, people would say that hard work pays off but when you grow up, you know that sometimes no matter how hard you work, you won't get what you want which is what this episode shows. On the other hand, most of the time in life, there are sooo many inconveniences yet the episode is the opposite of that where all the requirements just conveniently fall in place.

About that letter, I felt as if someone (alive) actually sent that as the contents seems to talk more about how to resummon a hero that was sent back using the bad hero rejection (the hero was not "good" and was forced to sent back). That letter is still a mystery though as to why it was in the books from Gallette's library but had the seal of Biscotti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i actually had the strangest thought in one of the last 2 or 3 episode (can't remember which) that maybe the D'Arquien may have originally been from Shinku's world
Wow. That would be really odd but I don't think so since she did say that she came from a village from Floyard. Besides look at the ears and tails. Unless those are surgically added...
Old 2011-06-26, 15:38   Link #2247
maelstormCaT

ain't a bad finish. was pretty damn sure he can return again, and this ep confirm it

one thing though...

milhy and shinku said daisuki right? isn't that mean "I like you" ? if my japanese is right, daisuki is a like like, but not on love level yet.
Daisuki is pretty high on the affection meter, but it's still below love level yet.

aishiteru is the one that mean "I love you". and since that word aint used yet, i'm 90% sure that farewel scene is not a love confession scene.

heheh, eclair being tsun all the way to the end. cute.

so , 3 condition for a resummon is all fullfilled right?

he pretty much run around giving gifts to everyone while promising to return.
i found it amusing that the most important requirement is somehow fullfilled even without anyone telling him the letter is needed XD.
and he did ask to be resummoned after 100 days during summer vacation. and that's the last requirement fullfilled.

guess everything is set (minus the plot) for him to return for a season 2... if they decided to make a season 2...

aint bad, i'll give this finale a 7 out of 10.

but i'll be generous and give it an 8

Last edited by maelstormCaT; 2011-06-26 at 15:44. Reason: mistype a name
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 15:46   Link #2248
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
ain't a bad finish. was pretty damn sure he can return again, and this ep confirm it

one thing though...

milhy and shinku said daisuki right? isn't that mean "I like you" ? if my japanese is right, daisuki is a like like, but not on love level yet.
Daisuki is pretty high on the affection meter, but it's still below love level yet.
That... depends. Most love confessions are "suki" or "daisuki".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 15:50   Link #2249
maelstormCaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That... depends. Most love confessions are "suki" or "daisuki".
i guess that's true... those two are only 13 (edit: milhy is 14)... guess i should let them have their puppy love moment...

btw, who voice nanami? anyone i know?
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 16:02   Link #2250
Enternal

Quote:
i guess that's true... those two are only 13 (edit: milhy is 14)... guess i should let them have their puppy love moment...

btw, who voice nanami? anyone i know?
Lol! The way you say it, it sounds bad.

Nanami and Ricotta are both voiced by the same person. Nana Mizuki.
Old 2011-06-26, 16:06   Link #2251
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Did the Princess ever find out that they had no way to bring Shinku back at first? It just seemed so comical to have poor little Rico blubbering with joy that he'd be able to return some day, and Milhi is all "umm.. yay?" since that was the idea all along, as far as she knew.

Anyway, it was mindless fun, so the show gets a thumbs up from me. I liked Eclair, and Rico came into her own near the end. I want to see Gallete summon Nanami as their hero for the next round vs Shinku. I had kind of expected the season to end that way back near the start. The Takeshi's Castle style wars were the best part of the show for me.

Some embarrassingly stupid moments aside, Dog Days was a nice distraction, and I don't regret watching it.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 16:16   Link #2252
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Anyway, it was mindless fun, so the show gets a thumbs up from me. I liked Eclair, and Rico came into her own near the end. I want to see Gallete summon Nanami as their hero for the next round vs Shinku. I had kind of expected the season to end that way back near the start. The Takeshi's Castle style wars were the best part of the show for me.
Now that they know they can just send them back, there's no reason not to. Except maybe that Leonmichelle's too proud to admit needing a hero (and it's not like she really does...).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 16:16   Link #2253
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Did the Princess ever find out that they had no way to bring Shinku back at first? It just seemed so comical to have poor little Rico blubbering with joy that he'd be able to return some day, and Milhi is all "umm.. yay?" since that was the idea all along, as far as she knew.

Some embarrassingly stupid moments aside, Dog Days was a nice distraction, and I don't regret watching it.
She did since just like Eclair said, it was pretty obvious by the way Rico acted. Which is also why when Rico was happy that she found a way to get Shinku back, Milhi started having tears in her eyes and was really really happy. It's also the reason why Milhi was crying so much when Shinku left because she knew he could never return again.

Yeah! It was a fun show! I think if Nanami does go to Floyard, she should go on Gallette side to balance it out. Then the battle would be even crazier!
Old 2011-06-26, 16:21   Link #2254
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Kinda feel bad for Becky, the little white girl needs love too
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 16:23   Link #2255
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
She did since just like Eclair said, it was pretty obvious by the way Rico acted. Which is also why when Rico was happy that she found a way to get Shinku back, Milhi started having tears in her eyes and was really really happy. It's also the reason why Milhi was crying so much when Shinku left because she knew he could never return again.
That's kind of what I thought. The look of her when she was sending him back made me think "She knows". But I was surprised they didn't spell it out.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 16:53   Link #2256
Seiryuu

Quote:

one thing though...

aishiteru is the one that mean "I love you". and since that word aint used yet, i'm 90% sure that farewel scene is not a love confession scene.

heheh, eclair being tsun all the way to the end. cute.

so , 3 condition for a resummon is all fullfilled right?

he pretty much run around giving gifts to everyone while promising to return.
i found it amusing that the most important requirement is somehow fullfilled even without anyone telling him the letter is needed XD.
and he did ask to be resummoned after 100 days during summer vacation. and that's the last requirement fullfilled.

guess everything is set (minus the plot) for him to return for a season 2... if they decided to make a season 2...

aint bad, i'll give this finale a 7 out of 10.

but i'll be generous and give it an 8
"Suki" simply means to like or have feelings of affection for someone. This can be a strong friendship, or it can be true love. There have been characters that use the term "suki" or even "daisuki" for lots of people, but there are also characters who use the term to mean that they are in love with someone. One thing that seems to be relatively standard is that "*** no koto ga suki/daisuki", like Milhi did, means a much deeper, often romantic feeling. I'm not really sure exactly what it means in that context, but it seems that when they say "*** no koto", they're saying that this is a much more personal feeling, and directed at only one person.

And concerning the convenient fulfillment of the conditions, I'd say that the presence of anchors or traces that maintain his link to that world make sense, as does a binding oath or contract that states that a certain person will come back to another. These are pretty normal ideas for conditions that must be fulfilled to regain contact. At the same time, it hardly seems odd for a guy who's leaving for an undetermined length of time to leave people something to remember him by, or for him to give someone as important as Milhi was to him a letter promising to return. Even if it was somewhat formalized on account of the fact that he was addressing a princess from the position of champion. I think there could have been a little more involved in the conditions though, so that one or both side would have to take some real action after the fact, rather than all the conditions concerning the circumstances of the Hero's departure. That way, it would still be true that Cinque's natural actions at parting had coincidentally allowed him the possibility, but there would be more that he would have to do to make it work. Still, the material presented doesn't seem that odd or anything.

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2011-06-26 at 17:06.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 16:59   Link #2257
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I belive telling her he doesnt want to leave, and her telling him she doesnt want him to leave, as they cried.. and mentioning this "daisuki" I strongly belive their confessing their feelings >_> did you guys not feel the atmosphere?
Old 2011-06-26, 17:32   Link #2258
Sekirei07

Well its possible the princess might not have heard what he said. He was a fair good distance away at that point and we didn't see any reaction shot of her hearing the words being said.

I really wish they explained how the dog can travel (and bring items with it) between both worlds seeminglessly without any conditions needed to be fufilled. Is the dog a magical creature or something? Could the Princess and them visit the human world if they wanted?

They set these major plot points but leave these big important questions unanswered is kind of annoying...
Old 2011-06-26, 18:02   Link #2259
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I belive telling her he doesnt want to leave, and her telling him she doesnt want him to leave, as they cried.. and mentioning this "daisuki" I strongly belive their confessing their feelings >_> did you guys not feel the atmosphere?
I too thought that it was a confession.
Old 2011-06-26, 18:31   Link #2260
Ashaman

Last episode: I enjoyed it, but all those very specific condition's just happened to get met? Too much. I could believe the item and time thing, but the letter took it a step too far.

Whole Series: Pretty enjoyable. Better than I was expecting, and that is always fun. This series was nice light hearted fun. (most of the time)

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen