Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-02, 05:06   Link #1501
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I still don't see the Erio ending as very viable atm. Sure he only seems to have like half the Westermarck Effect in regards to Erio, but a lot of people seem to mistake being concerned and acting like a sibling with romance.

Even the Maekawa angle only poured on relevance in the last 2-3 episodes. Before that it was fairly strongly in the "bro tier" camp instead.

Maybe I'll have to try to stumble thru Vol7 and read what the supposed "True End" is.
To be fair, they are cousins so can we even say Westermarck Effect is the appropriate term here?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 05:19   Link #1502
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am more a Maekawa x Makoto shipper myself. I have liked her since her first appearance. And all of her costumes are win.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 06:59   Link #1503
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I still don't see the Erio ending as very viable atm. Sure he only seems to have like half the Westermarck Effect in regards to Erio, but a lot of people seem to mistake being concerned and acting like a sibling with romance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
To be fair, they are cousins so can we even say Westermarck Effect is the appropriate term here?
That's not even the right issue The Westermarck Effect only works if the both of them live in close domestic proximity during the first few years in the life of either one.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 07:42   Link #1504
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

did they ever find out what happened to erio when she went missing?

i stoped at ep5
Old 2011-07-02, 10:36   Link #1505
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Even the Maekawa angle only poured on relevance in the last 2-3 episodes. Before that it was fairly strongly in the "bro tier" camp instead.

Maybe I'll have to try to stumble thru Vol7 and read what the supposed "True End" is.
No...he isn't like that towards Erio obviously, but the other way round....she does have strong complex towards him.
Old 2011-07-02, 13:23   Link #1506
Candyshark

I have to admit that this series was of few i changed my girls preferences. I liked lively Ryuuko and hoped to see more of serious side of her. Though bedtime phone scenes were awesome. Throughout Maekawa took easily over maybe it's long legs or her being easygoing without acting over the top.

Some compare Makoto to Kyon, which i disagree since he doesn't try to change their ways but doesn't completely go with their antics or has an attitude of old gezzer likes everything is too bothersome. Even though he was "fooled" a few times. He is considered, have sober common sence, gives in to temptations and think what he can do within his abilities. Besides through others he overcome his problems. I can't call him indecisive. He was scoring pretty good with both of the girls but he had no any major event to trigger that last step to relationship. I'm sure he will make up his mind especially after this baseball game. Did some "research" out of curiosity for the adolescence ratings of the girls(only individual score counted).

Erio: -1
Ryuu[ko]: 23
Maekawa: 19

My only problem is that series ended with plenty unresolved questions. Why Ryuuko was turned down, Erio missing and her father thing, Yashiro's suspicious power manipulations, Maekawa's name?
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 13:35   Link #1507
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Actually I get more Arararagi vibes than Kyon from Makoto.

And in the end, I still can't make up which one of the girls I like more. hhhh

When's our next comiket again?
Old 2011-07-02, 13:44   Link #1508
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
did they ever find out what happened to erio when she went missing?

i stoped at ep5
She didn't go missing, she tried to jump a river in the red bike and ended up in the hospital with a concussion and some memory issues.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 14:58   Link #1509
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
She didn't go missing, she tried to jump a river in the red bike and ended up in the hospital with a concussion and some memory issues.
Wait, is that what the original work says? I don't remember them saying that in the series, just that she went missing for 6 months and she had memory loss and to coup with it she came up with the whole alien idea.
Old 2011-07-02, 16:49   Link #1510
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Wait, is that what the original work says? I don't remember them saying that in the series, just that she went missing for 6 months and she had memory loss and to coup with it she came up with the whole alien idea.
Only after this did Erio tried to fly using bicycle too, if I'm not mistaken (and ended up in hospital). But I'm sure the anime said she was missing for 6 months.
Old 2011-07-02, 17:17   Link #1511
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Only after this did Erio tried to fly using bicycle too, if I'm not mistaken (and ended up in hospital). But I'm sure the anime said she was missing for 6 months.
Yeah I thought it went:

vanish for 6 months > returned claiming to be alien to coup with it > tried flying with a bike to prove > hospital > Futon Hikokikomori (or however its spelled)
Old 2011-07-02, 19:04   Link #1512
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Yeah I thought it went:

vanish for 6 months > returned claiming to be alien to coup with it > tried flying with a bike to prove > hospital > Futon Hikokikomori (or however its spelled)
Yeah, that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post

My only problem is that series ended with plenty unresolved questions. Why Ryuuko was turned down, Erio missing and her father thing, Yashiro's suspicious power manipulations, Maekawa's name?
I'm pretty sure the guy turned her down because he didn't like her that way.
Old 2011-07-02, 21:03   Link #1513
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Anther ending that makes it looking like there going to be anther season but that maybe because of ep13 but that going to be a long wait to see
Old 2011-07-02, 22:17   Link #1514
DorkingtonPugsly

I'm pretty sure ep 13 is going to be a proper conclusion to this first season (hoping for the second). It's kind of annoying that I have to wait so long. But on the upside I will always know that no matter what happens the rest of this year, there will be about 24 mins of Dennpa Onna still to come and fulfill me. The thing about this series is that it was very different then most these days. It had this feeling/vibe to it that I loved and I wanted to get sucked into their world and live in that beautiful place. I love it when an anime can make me feel that way, and I usually look for those types. I also love the soundtrack which fits perfectly and sounds beautiful. I've never actually gotten any anime dvds myself (I should be ashamed of myself considering how much I love them) but I will definitely be getting these dvds! Also, there seems to be a lot of Maekawa fans but for some reason I prefer erio & yashiro types.
Old 2011-07-02, 22:17   Link #1515
HandofFate

is there any explanation for Maekawa eating the donut in episode 11? Is it an actual reference, or is it just random one?
Old 2011-07-02, 22:20   Link #1516
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
is there any explanation for Maekawa eating the donut in episode 11? Is it an actual reference, or is it just random one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
It's supposedly a reference to a manga called Uchi Tsumatte dou deshou?. Yes, it is obscure beyond believe.

I talked about it two pages back.
Old 2011-07-02, 23:55   Link #1517
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I have now seen the light. Maekawa is cute on top of being incredibly sexy (those legs are outrageous). Furthermore, she's a great cook, she plays video game, and she is a very thoughtful and understanding person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Honestly, after ep 11 I wish the creators would find some way to boot Ryuuko off the show and put more focus on Maekawa. She's far more interesting to watch, and that voice is sultry as hell. Even if she can't remember Makoto's name, I prefer she continue calling him tenkosei, just like Erio calling him itoko.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Maekawa was hot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
To jump into the discussion here, Maekawa is fucking delicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I am more a Maekawa x Makoto shipper myself. I have liked her since her first appearance. And all of her costumes are win.
Yes, leat's hear it for Maekawa!
I already favoured her over Ryuuko before, but ep. 11 definitely sealed it. While Ryuuko isn't bad, Maekawa is so much better!
If Makoto has any smarts, he'll pick Maekawa. He even has a good chance now, with her father wanting to talk about her with him after the game.
Makoto, don't do any stupid things and take your chance!

Screenshots:
11: http://pantsudaisuki.wordpress.com/2...shun-otoko-11/
12: http://pantsudaisuki.wordpress.com/2...shun-otoko-12/
Old 2011-07-03, 02:49   Link #1518
dragon132004

Say Guys, it's almost has been decide for a second season for Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
according to the series director Yukihiro Miyamoto which he reported that his anime series only needs a little more support for a second season. Check this link out:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...-bd/dvds-sales
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 03:08   Link #1519
LotionExplosion
is in Despair

I havent watched the series yet, is it good? Herd der lots of feets
LotionExplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 04:53   Link #1520
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotionExplosion View Post
I havent watched the series yet, is it good? Herd der lots of feets
If you didn't watch this after seeing the promotional materials that have been around since about 3 months ago, then this is probably not your cup of tea.

In case you really didn't see any of them, then I'd say that this anime is good. I enjoyed watching it.

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life