AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-02, 23:42   Link #2381
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
How come Tatsumaki is able to freely travel between the two realms?
Because plot holes make for easier trans-dimensional traveling
Old 2011-07-02, 23:43   Link #2382
Midonin
Last Engage

An unexplained element does not necessarily equal a plot hole.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 05:43   Link #2383
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
An unexplained element does not necessarily equal a plot hole.
True, but an established rule that doesn't get applied to one person and is never addressed does.
Old 2011-07-03, 06:29   Link #2384
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
True, but an established rule that doesn't get applied to one person and is never addressed does.
Right at the beginning of the series in one of the early episodes it was said that Tatsumaki was Millhi's familiar which means he's a magical spirit of some sort although they never expanded on it later on.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 06:34   Link #2385
Seiryuu

Also, it seemed to imply early on that it was possible to open a path between the worlds from this side, but that path was very small and hard to get through (Cinque could stick his hands in but that's about it). I would assume then that a small or "spirit" being might be able to pass through.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 10:36   Link #2386
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Right at the beginning of the series in one of the early episodes it was said that Tatsumaki was Millhi's familiar which means he's a magical spirit of some sort although they never expanded on it later on.
But the familiar brought with it a dagger and it was stated that object from there can't come to the human world
Old 2011-07-03, 10:45   Link #2387
Midonin
Last Engage

The dagger was also needed to create the portal to get the hero there in the first place. It may be the one magical object immune to that rule.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 12:02   Link #2388
Newhope

Quote:
But the familiar brought with it a dagger and it was stated that object from there can't come to the human world
It wasn't a dagger it was one of the divine swords called Excelide, she gave the other called Palladion Cinque at the end of the series(the ring that jump started his memory). The sword is what opened the portal from our world to there's.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 16:38   Link #2389
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
It wasn't a dagger it was one of the divine swords called Excelide, she gave the other called Palladion Cinque at the end of the series(the ring that jump started his memory). The sword is what opened the portal from our world to there's.
Eh? But I could have sworn those two daggers had different designs. Milhi's Excelide had a more pinkish hilt while the sword used to summon had a gold hilt. It also had cloth on it as well I think.

Also that honestly makes me beg the question as to how the dog could use magic in the human world when the source of magic comes from the land/gods blessing.

Wasn't it magic comes from the land > people channel it through there crests > magic (or channel it via weapons or magical items)
Old 2011-07-03, 22:39   Link #2390
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Too much Non yukki talk...

Old 2011-07-03, 23:32   Link #2391
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

They didn't even try with that ending there. "We'll just make the solution the exact same thing that happened." Well, it was a fun series.
Old 2011-07-03, 23:34   Link #2392
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Too much Non yukki talk...

Yes, we need more of Yukki's voluptous... ears.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 23:36   Link #2393
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

... I post all these lovely pictures of her, and get no "thank you"s at all =\ maybe I wont anymore...
Old 2011-07-04, 02:28   Link #2394
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
... I post all these lovely pictures of her, and get no "thank you"s at all =\ maybe I wont anymore...
Why should we say thank you? She's not yours in the first place so don't make me break that illusion of yours (lol!).

Haha don't worry we all really appreciate you posting pictures of great ears.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 08:19   Link #2395
Frostysunset

Quote:
And what rule would that be? The only rules we learn about are those for the hero if I recall. And rules don't always apply across the board. I can carry all the trinkets I want across a customs line at the airport, but try to bring meat or plants across and I am in for some trouble.
Frostysunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 15:17   Link #2396
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostysunset View Post
And what rule would that be? The only rules we learn about are those for the hero if I recall. And rules don't always apply across the board. I can carry all the trinkets I want across a customs line at the airport, but try to bring meat or plants across and I am in for some trouble.
Its completely implied. In your example you can't just bring any trinket because if it resembles, functions, or acts in the any way similar to things that are banned, you will get in trouble for it. You can get kicked off a plane for shouting the word bomb even with no rule specifically saying you can't say that word out loud.

Think about this logically:

If they could travel to the human world, why didn't the Princess go herself? She going would have worked out a lot better than sending an animal that can't talk holding a knife in its mouth thats been stalking you all day. Although Shinku adaptability is insanely high, the proper thing would have been going herself if she really could.

If they could have traveled to his world freely, than the departure and thus the final arc of this story would have been POINTLESS. If they could go see him any time they wanted, than why cry and panic over how to get him back. Hell why ask to bring friends along when they themselves will have to go through the same conditions in order to come back again if they wanted too, when you could just drop by when you wanted at there place?

You could be right about the possibility of them being able to go, but considering that also means they could get stuck in the human world due to the human world not having magical energy which is needed to fuel the magic to cast such a spell as summoning.
Old 2011-07-04, 15:47   Link #2397
Enternal

Quote:
No it wasn't stated like that. It is only like that when the hero is sent back the "bad" way in which he cannot bring anything back with him. The "bad" way is used when Rico asked Milhi just get prepare to use the "sending back" spell within 3 days. So that spell is probably the spell that won't allow the hero to bring anything back as well as sealing his memories.

Tatsumaki? Magic. It's definitely something that is still confusing. I do hope it's explained if there's a second season. All we know for sure is that the knife opens a portal. I'm thinking that the only reason Tatsumaki is able to go back and forth is due to the spell that is prepared by Millhi so although he appears to be able to go back and forth by will, he actually cannot.

Just thinking about how simple the plot is (and how some people criticized it), I just realized that this series is written by Masaki Tsuzuki who written the entire Nanoha series (including the Nanoha Force and Nanoha Vivid) and as you know, their plot is not the most complex thing. Also at least to me Nanoha and Nanoha A's seems to be written for younger audiences so I can see what's the intended audience for Dog Days.

Last edited by Enternal; 2011-07-04 at 16:46.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 22:36   Link #2398
Frostysunset

Quote:
Its completely implied. In your example you can't just bring any trinket because if it resembles, functions, or acts in the any way similar to things that are banned, you will get in trouble for it. You can get kicked off a plane for shouting the word bomb even with no rule specifically saying you can't say that word out loud.
I mentioned meat and plants, not immediately dangerous things like weapons. Many customs lines ban out-of-country food products for fear of disease or blight, etc. even if there is nothing inherently wrong with owning the product. My point is, we have rules for transportation of goods that for whatever reasons regulate the crossing of borders, making it easy for certain things to cross and not others. The rules of Flonyard's magical system of summoning could have similar rules that make certain interstellar travel easy and others difficult.

Quote:
If they could travel to the human world, why didn't the Princess go herself? She going would have worked out a lot better than sending an animal that can't talk holding a knife in its mouth thats been stalking you all day. Although Shinku adaptability is insanely high, the proper thing would have been going herself if she really could.
Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Well, she didn't. Why? Probably because that is how summoning works.

Quote:
If they could have traveled to his world freely, than the departure and thus the final arc of this story would have been POINTLESS. If they could go see him any time they wanted, than why cry and panic over how to get him back. Hell why ask to bring friends along when they themselves will have to go through the same conditions in order to come back again if they wanted too, when you could just drop by when you wanted at there place?

You could be right about the possibility of them being able to go, but considering that also means they could get stuck in the human world due to the human world not having magical energy which is needed to fuel the magic to cast such a spell as summoning.
I never said they, the Flonyardians, could all travel via summon magic. Perhaps only the envoys -- the dog-like dogs -- can with ease with some magic-endowed object to establish a summoning portal. All I mentioned is that we were never given a rule about summon magic in general, only how it pertained to the hero. We got to see the dogs travel to the Earth, and why they can travel has not been answered. Perhaps once the writers see all the questioning they will grace us with some answers in further seasons.
Old 2011-07-04, 23:56   Link #2399
Kyuu
=^^=

OK. Getting late into this series, I'm finding it to be bland, cliche ridden, boring, and outright lame. But y'know what? I'm gonna finish it anyways.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 05:48   Link #2400
Frostysunset

I did like the series, but only because I think there is a potential for bigger and better things in a future season. I agree that, by itself, it was a bit superficial and cliche. I want to see more Shinku blow-them-up action, a more dangerous plot (nanoha-esque), and more character development through said plot. Now that they got the whole summoning thing out of the way and somewhat an explanation of the magical system in battle, let's get cooking on a story.

Tags
ecchi, fantasy, harem, shonen