AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2015-01-05, 13:04   Link #1581
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Um, yes? Naruto has been running for years now, it's about time it's over and I would much prefer for them to use their budget on the canon material, so the last couple of episodes look the best in the whole series.
I don't think they'll be wasting money with the new fillers, but rather they will make more money with them. And you can be sure that the last few episodes of the canon story will get special treatment, whenever they will air. Also, quality episodes require time to make. Finding quality freelance animators to work on your big episodes (their in-house talent is quite limited) also takes time. So this filler arc will probably give them the time to set those things up.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 13:15   Link #1582
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I don't think they'll be wasting money with the new fillers, but rather they will make more money with them. And you can be sure that the last few episodes of the canon story will get special treatment, whenever they will air. Also, quality episodes require time to make. Finding quality freelance animators to work on your big episodes (their in-house talent is quite limited) also takes time. So this filler arc will probably give them the time to set those things up.
You don't have to lecture me, I know very well what kind of steps animation needs to go through to get the final result. Luckily for Naruto, they don't need to do storyboards, at least for canon material, this means all the fillers need a writing team and a storyboard artists. And obviously, these stuff can't animate it selves, they need additional budget for the filler episodes to be produced.

Your reasoning that they are doing fillers to gain more time to find animators can't be the truth. The reason fillers are made is because the channel which Naruto has aired on has ordered a specific number of episodes. The creative team cannot defy the contract. So as I see it, the channel who finances Naruto wants the story to be stretched out so it can gain more viewers, all the while the budget that goes into these filler episodes, which I would dare and say have more animation than canon material, are waste of precious money and time that can be spent on canon material.

Naruto's fillers are nothing more than a greedy attempt to gain more money from its fans. Milking a product to its finest. This obviously hurts the story of Naruto, which could have been so much better because it had such potential. It could even rival high budget animes such as Fate/Stay Night and Shingeki no Kyojin if the creators behind it really cared. Long live capitalism, hurting art as usual.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 14:02   Link #1583
itachi-san314

^2 quick things: first off, the canon material certainly needs storyboards. if you think the manga is enough, you are sorely mistaken. secondly, some people really like the fillers. they are a matter of taste. i really liked the recent kakashi/itachi ones for example
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 14:03   Link #1584
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
^2 quick things: first off, the canon material certainly needs storyboards. if you think the manga is enough, you are sorely mistaken. secondly, some people really like the fillers. they are a matter of taste. i really liked the recent kakashi/itachi ones for example
I'm not mistaken. You are confusing key animation with storyboards, which are different things. Storyboarding is when you look at the script and draw the basics of what the episode is going to look like. Canon material doesn't need this, unless they are doing a filler fight.
Old 2015-01-05, 14:05   Link #1585
neshru

Quote:
You don't have to lecture me, I know very well what kind of steps animation needs to go through to get the final result.
It's not lecturing, it's called having a discussion. That's what forums are for. Lower your shields, dude.

Quote:
Luckily for Naruto, they don't need to do storyboards, at least for canon material
They most definitely need to do storyboards for each and every episode, canon or otherwise.
Every episode has its own storyboard that is done by or in collaboration with the episode director. The episode director will use canon material as reference, but then he will create the episode in the way he most see fit. The laziest episode directors certainly tend to copy the manga panel by panel, the best ones do the exact opposite.

Quote:
Your reasoning that they are doing fillers to gain more time to find animators can't be the truth.
It might be truth, unless you have proof of the opposite
But no, I don't think that's the actual reason why they are doing fillers. I think they are making fillers because it makes them money, as I just said. But you certainly can kill two birds with one stone, and I'm pretty sure that setting up a quality team and then producing a couple of quality episodes takes extra time compared to the average episode.
Old 2015-01-05, 14:09   Link #1586
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I'm pretty sure that setting up a quality team and then producing a couple of quality episodes takes extra time compared to the average episode.
yea. proof or not (why someone would request proof of this is bewildering) it's logical and obvious that they are going to put extra time into the last episodes of the series. doing more filler will allow them this extra time to get it right.
Old 2015-01-05, 14:09   Link #1587
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
They most definitely need to do storyboards for each and every episode, canon or otherwise.
Every episode has its own storyboard that is done by or in collaboration with the episode director. The episode director will use canon material as reference, but then he will create the episode in the way he most see fit. The laziest episode directors certainly tend to copy the manga panel by panel, the best ones do the exact opposite.
If you are taking about different angles and a fight being expanded more than source material, then yes, it needs storyboards. Naruto mostly follows manga panel by panel, angles, background, position, expression, everything is a direct copy from the manga.

Quote:
It might be truth, unless you have proof of the opposite
But no, I don't think that's the actual reason why they are doing fillers. I think they are making fillers because it makes them money, as I just said. But you certainly can kill two birds with one stone, and I'm pretty sure that setting up a quality team and then producing a couple of quality episodes takes extra time compared to the average episode.
I have nothing to say this, sorry but you have no idea how animation industry works, don't take offense in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea. proof or not (why someone would request proof of this is bewildering) it's logical and obvious that they are going to put extra time into the last episodes of the series. doing more filler will allow them this extra time to get it right.
What the? Do you people think filler episodes are done out of ass and magically appear to save time? They need same exact work, voice acting, direction, storyboarding, writing, pacing, music adjustment, sound effects. Equal efforts man... :/
Old 2015-01-05, 14:23   Link #1588
neshru

Quote:
I have nothing to say this, sorry but you have no idea how animation industry works, don't take offense in that.
I just proved your ridiculous claim about storyboards wrong and yet you claim I'm the one that knows nothing. At the same time, you treat your claims as absolute truth and yet you're not willing to provide proof to back them up.

Here's a tip: if you want people to take you seriously, first come down from your high horse and then start backing your claims up. Until then, I'll be just fine ignoring you and continue having a conversation with the other reasonable people on this forum
Old 2015-01-05, 14:23   Link #1589
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Alright, have a nice day.
Old 2015-01-05, 14:24   Link #1590
itachi-san314

Quote:
I'm not mistaken. You are confusing key animation with storyboards, which are different things. Storyboarding is when you look at the script and draw the basics of what the episode is going to look like. Canon material doesn't need this, unless they are doing a filler fight.
ah. i get it. you're trying to start a pointless and pretentious semantic argument. if you worked on live film sets, you'd be telling me that a clothespin is a c47... also, you are simply wrong about your simplistic view of storyboarding

please tell me you're a freshman art major, that would make this too perfect

Quote:
What the? Do you people think filler episodes are done out of ass and magically appear to save time? They need same exact work, voice acting, direction, storyboarding, writing, pacing, music adjustment, sound effects. Equal efforts man... :/
they have the same components, but the quality isn't the same at all aside from voice acting. even the casual observer can tell that. some canon episodes are the same poor quality, but we're talking about the ones with high quality which the last episodes are certain to be.
Old 2015-01-05, 14:26   Link #1591
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

No, I'm not starting anything. I'm done here, goodbye to you as well.
Old 2015-01-07, 17:59   Link #1592
The Green One

Soooooo....... How bout dem episodes eh?
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 18:08   Link #1593
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Soooooo....... How bout dem episodes eh?
I'm so sorry for making this thread an awkward place to post in...

Now that I'm caught up, I intend to follow the anime until it's over. Obito's story touched me a lot more through the anime than it did in Manga, soundtrack and voice acting is just that powerful I guess.

Come to think of it, the soundtrack that played during the ten tails' appearance, has that been released? It's just godly.

Oh and, can we talk about how amazingly badass Madara's voice actor is? His badassery was also upped in the anime, the way he always says stuff like "That's it?", he's just awesome and the voice actor is perfect.
Old 2015-01-08, 08:33   Link #1594
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Right....Episode 394 .
1st episode of this year , a long filler act that cover the 2nd chuunin exam near the end of Naruto 's training , too bad he won't be able to participate it .

Quick recap of how the Konoha 11 doing .

This time , both Leaf and Sand hold the exam , Writing exam will be held by the Leaf , Survival test will be held by the Sand , Last test unknow .

Both side have their owns reason , Tsunade wants to lure the Akatsuki while Gaara wants to deal with the Rebel during the exam .

Other village declined the invitation , Raikage now need to capture Bee before he managed to get away to Leaf village and hold a concert for himself .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 09:35   Link #1595
Kumagawa

Wait are they suggesting here that there has been no chuunin exam in 2 years? so how did Neiji become a jounin again?

Sorry but the fillers are terrible everyone ever (except the one were Konohamaru fights Temari)
Kumagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 09:59   Link #1596
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Maybe there is another way to become a chunnin or a jounin?
Old 2015-01-08, 12:01   Link #1597
ookamigirl

1st Naruto of the year!
Of course it had to be a filler episode.
This episode dealt with the Chunin exam.
It was nice to see Jiraiya again though.
If you skip it you won't miss anything..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 16:40   Link #1598
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Maybe there is another way to become a chunnin or a jounin?
Whatever that is , it will be extremely hard . since only 1 or 2 can become a jonin

They still use the same opening for new arc , i don't like it....
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 16:41   Link #1599
Alena_92

This is a good way to start the year.. this brings me back to the time why i like Naruto so much..The feeling and hype for Chunin exam..but im kinda dissapointed that none from the 3 great nations participated..at least they should have joined and showed what they're capable for...I would love to see different varieties of jutsu that comes from other nations..and im looking forward for Hinata and Sakura fight..and i get to see neji again and I want to know what he did in this time to become jounin..
even though some fillers are unbearable to watch..for me it's fine..I just don't want Naruto to end..its like a part of my life..like a family already..so I'm really excited how this story would turn out.. hope this will be a good one too..like the Hinata and Hanabi filler..
oh! I have to add..I saw fu featured for the next clip..This is going to be interesting..i really hope she joins the exam..then we can expect for some action..now I'm really excited!!!

Last edited by Alena_92; 2015-01-08 at 16:54.
Alena_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 16:51   Link #1600
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Hinata and Hanabi filler was fantastic, I can only hope this arc turns out the same way too.

Tags
weekly episode discussion