5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-12, 18:14   Link #121
Tenzen12

Kudelia is better than most other princess. As for comparison with Atra: She looks better and she is likely smarter and definitely better educated, but you know what? Exactly for these very reasons she looks pathetic while chasing after Mika wagging tail likes some chihuahua. I really hope she will not end with Mika. Her character has better chance shine without embarrassing herself in such manner.

Atra is fine I guess. Being low key character means she can get only better from now in one or other way.
Old 2015-11-12, 20:35   Link #122
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Dude...you do realise you're escalating a war that nobody wants?
I suppose its better than arguing about real life stuff in a sci-fi show.......
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-12, 21:33   Link #123
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Atra is fine I guess. Being low key character means she can get only better from now in one or other way.
And she has a better chance of surviving. The minute she becomes important she'll be writing her own death sentence.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-12, 21:51   Link #124
Skaddix

Lol if she dies it will be an accident she is the cook chances are she is not going to be in combat ever.

But yeah Kudelia teaching kids to read nice but she is not really running anything handling business etc. Atra is the cook she has some free time to pitch in with education. Kudelia needs to think long term like for instance her dad tried to kill her ergo lets say she does get independence does happen how she is removing her dad for power because clearly he doesnt want independence. Kudelia right now seems more figurehead then political leader. She is not dumb but she aint seeming useful.

I really dont think Mika is calculating enough to think I should marry a rich girl. Some of the other guys sure but Mika yeah no. He wants to protect his friends, get them in a substainable position, buy a farm and retire that seems more likely to work with Atra then Kudelia.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-12, 21:58   Link #125
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Lol if she dies it will be an accident she is the cook chances are she is not going to be in combat ever.
Louise Halevy thought the same thing when she was a teenager. Look how that turned out.
Old 2015-11-12, 22:11   Link #126
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post

I really dont think Mika is calculating enough to think I should marry a rich girl. Some of the other guys sure but Mika yeah no. He wants to protect his friends, get them in a substainable position, buy a farm and retire that seems more likely to work with Atra then Kudelia.
But he also wants to read books and that makes him a fit with both girls. Farming can be big business depending on what you do with it.
Old 2015-11-12, 22:35   Link #127
Skaddix

How do u figure? Atra knows how to read nothing says she hates reading.

Yeah when someone says they want to have a farm they dont generally mean I want to make an agra business.
Old 2015-11-12, 22:39   Link #128
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But he also wants to read books and that makes him a fit with both girls. Farming can be big business depending on what you do with it.
Mika doesn't strike me as someone interested in big business. He just wants to see the moon, read books, and eventually own a farm.
Old 2015-11-12, 22:48   Link #129
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Mika doesn't strike me as someone interested in big business. He just wants to see the moon, read books, and eventually own a farm.
Which of course be any other normal characters death flags.
Old 2015-11-12, 23:08   Link #130
Skaddix

Well I dont think Mika will die it be an impressive twist though since he is the only character all the major players care about on a personal level.
Old 2015-11-12, 23:14   Link #131
Skye629

How about we all play nice and just assume that Martian law allows you to have multiple wives

So Mika can settle into his little farm at the end with both Atra and Kudelia

-half serious sarcasm-

(Or he can pull a Bellri at the end and piss off all of the fans)
Old 2015-11-13, 00:46   Link #132
Irenesharda

Well, after finally getting my schoolwork done, I got a chance to see this episode.

This was another really good episode as we get a chance to know some of the Tekkadan crew through Kudelia's eyes. All those kids are cute, the more we get to know them, the more I fear this series trying to tear at my heartstrings.

Kudelia is really beginning to discover what life for these kids are like, and she decides to become a schoolmarm and teach some of them to read and write. We have some nice Mika and Atra moments, and McGillis has decided to be the smartest guy in the room and study his enemy. The gang has decided to go to Jupiter to get help to go to Earth (I'm sorry, but how is it easier to get to Jupiter in comparison to Earth, especially considering where it is in its rotation?)

But best of all, we really get a closer look at Mika and Orga and their relationship. It really confirms how much Mika and Orga depend on each other. Mika always looks to Orga for all the hard choices, he doesn't like to think that hard as he puts it, and basically leaves it up to his "aniki". Orga's largest motivating factor in all his does however is Mika himself. He has to be strong for him, he can't even think about the possibility of letting him down, and so he keeps moving forward at all times, even when things look hard and he doesn't know what to do. The scene with them at the window was a really cool bromance moment as we see the two interact and just be cool with one another, and we get a hint of their goals and dreams. Mika proves that while he'll kill you in a second, he is definitely not emotionless, far from it.

However, another obstacle comes in the way as their old boss is still alive? Where was he all this time? And now he wants his ship back? And the OP guy in the pimp suit has shown up, let's see where this goes.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 04:18   Link #133
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
How about we all play nice and just assume that Martian law allows you to have multiple wives

So Mika can settle into his little farm at the end with both Atra and Kudelia

-half serious sarcasm-

(Or he can pull a Bellri at the end and piss off all of the fans)
But who will be the first wife? Because you know in some real life polygamy countries, that's actually pretty important in terms of legal status and the like. I live in one, so I've seen some of these issues quite closely. Atra and Kudelia will still be at it.

We're both joking about it of course, but it did get me thinking about the theoretical scenario. I guess the conclusion is nothing is simple in a love triangle. Well at least it's not to Macross levels.......yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
But best of all, we really get a closer look at Mika and Orga and their relationship. It really confirms how much Mika and Orga depend on each other. Mika always looks to Orga for all the hard choices, he doesn't like to think that hard as he puts it, and basically leaves it up to his "aniki". Orga's largest motivating factor in all his does however is Mika himself. He has to be strong for him, he can't even think about the possibility of letting him down, and so he keeps moving forward at all times, even when things look hard and he doesn't know what to do. The scene with them at the window was a really cool bromance moment as we see the two interact and just be cool with one another, and we get a hint of their goals and dreams. Mika proves that while he'll kill you in a second, he is definitely not emotionless, far from it.
Ya, seeing Orga describe Mika to Biscuit was my favorite part of the episode. It felt so honest and from the heart. And the way they drew Mika's eyes in that scene really burns it into your mind.
Old 2015-11-13, 05:35   Link #134
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Every time. In the end there will be one side that get all butthurt and could even write down the show just because of that.

Maybe the only way world peace could be achieved is a harem ending.
Old 2015-11-13, 05:44   Link #135
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Every time. In the end there will be one side that get all butthurt and could even write down the show just because of that.

Maybe the only way world peace could be achieved is a harem ending.
You're late

Its already started a while back lol
Old 2015-11-13, 07:31   Link #136
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
You're late

Its already started a while back lol
Specifically Episode 4. lol

And Orga hasn't even officially entered yet.
Old 2015-11-13, 13:59   Link #137
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

The gang has decided to go to Jupiter to get help to go to Earth (I'm sorry, but how is it easier to get to Jupiter in comparison to Earth, especially considering where it is in its rotation?)
They are going to Jupiter first so they can find a guide that can provide a safe route to Earth. It's easier to get to Jupiter compared to Earth because they are less likely to get blown to smithereens going to Jupiter.
Old 2015-11-13, 17:59   Link #138
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Specifically Episode 4. lol

And Orga hasn't even officially entered yet.
i heard someone tried to ship Orga with Fumitan, just because they talk to each other like how co-workers do
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 18:04   Link #139
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
They are going to Jupiter first so they can find a guide that can provide a safe route to Earth. It's easier to get to Jupiter compared to Earth because they are less likely to get blown to smithereens going to Jupiter.
Jupiter is about 342 million miles away from Mars, Earth is only about 48 million miles away. They stated earlier (and this was before they got betrayed by their guide, so it would have been easier then) that it was going to take 5 months to get from Mars to Earth. So you're telling me that they are going to go the opposite direction towards the outer planets to one that is more than quadruple the distance away, to get a guide that will not only have to take the long trip back to where Mars' orbital path is, but even further to Earth after that? So, basically timewise, that would take, even by this show's travel time estimates, years?!

You see where I'm going here in terms of logic? Even thinking in regards to a guide and the importance of getting one, going all the way to Jupiter would just take way too long. One of them could have trained to be a guide in the time that it would take to make that trip.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 18:29   Link #140
Tenzen12

Your numbers assumes all three planets being obediently lined up, but that's not how it works. If you look diagram in this episode you will notice that there is not much difference distance-wise.