3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-15, 22:43   Link #101
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Still close range. Its like what 5 steps then draw turn and shoot or was it 10.
Either way, you're still putting distance between your opponent and yourself. And with a mobile suit's sensor technology, that distance could be increased.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 22:46   Link #102
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I made a mistake and I am sorry.
Quote:
If so, I’d like to know which part of it that is “nonsense”?
The sheer length of it, most of what they said could have been done in two and a half minutes, not the entire first half of the episode. Also potatoes.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 23:00   Link #103
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I made a mistake and I am sorry.

The sheer length of it, most of what they said could have been done in two and a half minutes, not the entire first half of the episode. Also potatoes.
WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST POTATOES?!!?!?!?

On topic, 2 1/2 minutes is actually a lot shorter than what you think with dialogue (plus scenes when no words are exchanged), especially with the amount of character interactions. Maybe they could have cut a few minutes but I highly doubt they could have cut it that drastically without the content severely suffering. And unlike other anime shows they made good use of their time instead of constant scene recycles/flashbacks
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 23:17   Link #104
Skaddix

they dont have the budget to always do fights so gotta fill that time with character development and plot movement......of course it gets harder to take Kudelia as serious revolutionary every episode I watch. I believe Atra more but the girl is obviously a figurehead, no leadership skills whatsoever.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 00:04   Link #105
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Two things I noticed on rewatch:

With Yanagi, what exactly happened when Shino reached out to him? First he looked at his hand as if he was shocked, and then he was going to reach out with his right hand, then stopped, and changed to the left hand. He then held the hand closed to his heart like he wasn't used to physical contact. Will we soon be getting backstory on Yanagi? Does he have some abusive backstory for why he isn't used to/is afraid of physical contact?
If you look closely, you can notice that his arms look "weird"

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Probably prosthetics, that's probably why he was reluctant to take his hand.

Last edited by LKK; 2015-11-16 at 08:23. Reason: added images tag
bahamut zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 00:13   Link #106
Yan3242

A ship full of male and a ship (maybe) 90% female....... we macross now?

I really hope barbatos get some proper repair after this, poor ms keep getting battered

have a feeling turbine may have robin hood esque.
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 00:17   Link #107
monster

Quote:
I believe Atra more but the girl is obviously a figurehead, no leadership skills whatsoever.
Who are you calling a figurehead, Atra or Kudelia? And what do you mean you believe Atra more?
Old 2015-11-16, 00:20   Link #108
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post

Images

Nice catch, never noticed that

Last edited by LKK; 2015-11-16 at 08:23. Reason: edited quote
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 01:13   Link #109
Twi

Good prosthetic then considering what he does as a mechanic. Surprised Maruba would splurge on that.
Old 2015-11-16, 01:24   Link #110
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Hostility or not, an error is an error. And that obvious error is started by you. So, if you’re not trolling or pig-headed, show us your good-will by admitting your error first. Admitting your mistake is a first step to (re)gain credibility and respect from others.
I would suggest just ignoring him and moving on. It has always been like that for a long time, and there is no sign of change. It's always a bother to try to correct someone and they keep on repeating the same shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Franchise has to evolve and there is nothing wrong if purpose change too. IGLOO for example had almost no gundam in it and it's one of best entries. Ansatsu Keikaku is also awesome and we it didn't need any New type BS and OP MS.

If Orphans "strays from purpose of Gundam show" it doesn't matter as long as it will be good (which would be actually natural result from doing so)
I do think you are misunderstanding my point. There is a reason you always see that model kit commercial in between episode. That's the purpose of Gundam show.
Old 2015-11-16, 01:33   Link #111
Irenesharda

Quote:

Images

That's a possibility. I really need to see what the arm looked like prior to space suits. I know that he was able to use it the same as any other arm when he was fixing up Barbatos back in episode 2, but it is interesting that unlike the other kids, we've never seen him without the gloves and jacket, so you could be right.

Though then I would still ask why he wasn't used to taking someone's hand? I would assume most of the Tekkadan probably knows about it if so, and they all seen pretty comfortable with each other that it shouldn't be a problem. I have to think it's still a trauma issue as well of some kind.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by LKK; 2015-11-16 at 08:24. Reason: edited quote
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 01:59   Link #112
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Who are you calling a figurehead, Atra or Kudelia? And what do you mean you believe Atra more?

Kudelia is the figurehead. Atra is less of an incompetent.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 03:48   Link #113
monster

Quote:
Atra is less of an incompetent.
Maybe in cooking, but that doesn't really help the situation.

On that note, I don't understand why they need to keep emphasizing Kudelia's lack of an immediate job that's actually related to her mission. Even that whole going to the bridge to "watch over the battle" with Atra seems a pointless gesture on both of their part. There's nothing wrong with them waiting in their respective rooms until the battle is over.

Atra aside, right now Kudelia's job is simply to remain safe while she goes to her meeting on Earth unless/until another opportunity presents itself, like maybe in the next episode with Teiwaz.
Old 2015-11-16, 03:55   Link #114
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:

On that note, I don't understand why they need to keep emphasizing Kudelia's lack of an immediate job that's actually related to her mission. Even that whole going to the bridge to "watch over the battle" with Atra seems a pointless gesture on both of their part. There's nothing wrong with them waiting in their respective rooms until the battle is over.

Atra aside, right now Kudelia's job is simply to remain safe while she goes to her meeting on Earth unless/until another opportunity presents itself, like maybe in the next episode with Teiwaz.
She feels responsible for the overall situation and therefore has a duty to observe the effect her decisions have on others, even if she can't immediately contribute.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 04:18   Link #115
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
She feels responsible for the overall situation and therefore has a duty to observe the effect her decisions have on others, even if she can't immediately contribute.
I understand that she feels responsible, but as it has already been explained to her, the Tekkadan also benefits from this business arrangement, which is what it is. Kudelia is their paying client, not their leader who is responsible for them. That's Orga's job. She has no duty to do anything except to put her trust in them and let them do their job. I just want her to accept the situation for what it is sooner rather than later. Seven episodes are already more than enough to convey her point of view.
Old 2015-11-16, 04:24   Link #116
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

There has always been the thing about "The King can only understand his people by seeing what they are doing" going on, and I have a feeling that's what they are going with Kudelia.

I'm not commenting on if it's the right thing to do or not. I'm just trying to understand why they are doing that. The result will determine if it's right or wrong.
Old 2015-11-16, 04:30   Link #117
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:

Spoiler for image:

Seems that's not the case.

Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 04:48   Link #118
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Images

Pretty sure that's the case. His arms don't look normal. It's way too thin at the ankle's muscle.
Old 2015-11-16, 05:06   Link #119
Arya

Quote:
Kudelia is the figurehead. Atra is less of an incompetent.
So far she is somehow following Asseylum's path as I suspected (hers being more schematic, here I hope they will fully expand it), not that's a surprise given their similar circumstances (as add-on Kudelia has the not so fascinating trait to wag its tails to Mika, as another poster mentioned ).
Her steps are slow of course, she lacks in a lot fields and the show started to "train her" from the basis, first on Mars first as apprentice cook then as a farmer. She then bumped against Mika and Atra' disinterest toward the more intrinsic politic aspects while working as delivery man and later becoming even a teacher.
Once she will end with the basics she will step to the intermediate course, like hopefully the next episode in which she will participate to the negotiations.
She has to step up before meeting whoever she has to. As of now she lacks of any skills.

Speaking of the episode sure it was overly convenient to find the connection they needed on board of that ship, but whatever, it was the best episode so far, excellent. And they made it even making the crew of said ship an all-female crew so I'm fine
I was't particularly enthusiastic of the previous fight, but this one worked a lot better. Ships fights (not comparable with Archangel IMHO, but quite enjoyable), and particularly Orga's surprise raid was the highlight, hopefully they will fully show it in the next episode.
Best part has been Biscuits and Orga confrontation, it's interesting how they are giving relevance to this not very healthy aspect of Orga and Mika relationships, it help developing all the characters making also their respective relations more interesting. Biscuits is becoming Orga's more restrained side or controller. Let's see if he will become someone with he will be able to relax and be himself. But probably it's not possible, he already gave more than enough unnecessary info to him. Among his men actually he can't. So I'm still putting my bets on Kudel ehm Fumitan, the way he suddenly relied on her the previous episode could suggest to future troubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The other thing I noticed and interesting fact about Orga's command is, like with Mika, he doesn't actually order anyone to do anything. He asks If Akihiro will go out, he asks if Eugene can captain since "it's a job only he can do", which seems to be some thing that doesn't just say with Mika. It does show that Orga holds all of his crew and important and doesn't feel like he's over them, but more so like he's working alongside them.
Usually I wouldn't be particularly fond of it if out of context, but here it fits well given Orga's characterization, or the idea I've of him as of now. Basically as said to Biscuits he is far from being a confident person, that is showed by the way he look up to Mika who is infallible at his eyes (and well also in-story so far) as far as the ladies' man (I bet the new pilot girl will add to his harem soon ). His way to ask comes surely from his consideration toward them, but also from a low consideration of himself, otherwise he wouldn't feel inferior to Mika. About that feeling at this point probably we could say he applies it to his other members.
So it makes more sense when he wanted to sortie before despite the risks, since he doesn't see himself that worthy. The other needed to remind it to him.
All said keeping it in perspective with his role as a leader. Not that he feels himself useless.
As I said I'm curious to see who will be the one that will make him feel ease, otherwise sooner or later his being constantly bold will get in the way. At least now he has Biscuits who is aware of it, but he is not the right one to keep him in check when it will be needed. This episode showed it, Orga is like always going all-in if it comes to Mika, regardless the risks.

In any case looking forward to the next "boys meet girls" episode!!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2015-11-16 at 05:17.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 05:19   Link #120
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
so is Tekkadan like slowly gaining allies along their journey that might be useful in dealing the Gjallarhorn? assuming Turbine somehow gained a bond with Tekkaman after their clash & them taking over of their ship that might result him want to listen to the stories of the iron blooded poor orphan kid soldiers & the hellish life they have been through & questioning on how his current client Maruba treated them,

& who thinks Turbine is basically the anti-Ricardo Fellini?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote