Notices

Old 2015-11-13, 00:24   Link #161
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
IDK how the Strike does it
Like this:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Quote:
The Kimaris should have no issues with its "sword" because the handle is sticking right out to the side with no interference
You know what? I may have been looking at it the wrong way.

Just to confirm, is the handle the thin part that hangs out on the left side or the entire bulky top half when it's stored?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 00:31   Link #162
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's the thin part. You can see the blade unfolded just above it in the picture.
Old 2015-11-13, 00:35   Link #163
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's the thin part. You can see the blade unfolded just above it in the picture.
Great, I knew there was something not right with the way I saw it before.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 05:29   Link #164
The 48th Ronin

So the Gundams' serial numbers corresponds to their rankings in the Lesser Key of Solomon?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 05:50   Link #165
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Like this:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
You know what? I may have been looking at it the wrong way.

Just to confirm, is the handle the thin part that hangs out on the left side or the entire bulky top half when it's stored?
Yeah that should be fine, the action of deploying the blade while drawing will naturally move the handle into the correct position in the hand

The handle is the thin part sticking out the left while the blade is folded on itself
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 07:28   Link #166
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
So the Gundams' serial numbers corresponds to their rankings in the Lesser Key of Solomon?
Pretty much. Initially Barbatos was had the number 66 when it was revealed but they corrected that to 08.
Old 2015-11-13, 12:03   Link #167
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by balofo
Isaribi lineart: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71sqbh2gZQL.jpg
-the 2 round turrets are called anti-aircraft cannons
-the bridge can lower into the fuselage
-the other cannons have a lot of range of movement, each barrel can move independently
-in color variation besides the Orcus green one there's another bright red ship, maybe it will appear in the anime
-it has landing gear
-the MS catapult is located on the front underside
Some art and info of the Isaribi courtesy of balofo from Mechatalk.
Old 2015-11-14, 02:03   Link #168
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Pretty much. Initially Barbatos was had the number 66 when it was revealed but they corrected that to 08.
Interestingly enough, guess who's #66?

Kimaris. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimaris

I'm also wondering just how well-thought out the naming convention is. And how ironic it is, seeing that in Gundam 00 the Gundams reference Angels, while in IBO they reference demons or devils.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 03:19   Link #169
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I'm also wondering just how well-thought out the naming convention is. And how ironic it is, seeing that in Gundam 00 the Gundams reference Angels, while in IBO they reference demons or devils.
It might be an emphasis on the intended role of these 72 mobile suits during the Calamity War: as the demons of war that will haunt the enemies, compared to the role of CB Gundams as saviors of the world.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 07:07   Link #170
Skye629

Pretty impressed with the Hyakuri. Those hit and run tactics seem to be quite effective

As for the Hyakuren, well we didnt quite see as much of them, but they seem to hold their own against a Graze

Loving the ship combat of this show too and the use of napalm to get through/overcome the armor
Old 2015-11-15, 07:10   Link #171
wencong1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
See above^^^

In case you were wondering I like to reply like this as it makes things easier to follow

Gunpla for Kimaris

-Foldable secondary blade stored on backskirt
-Leg gimmick?
-Something pop out of shoulder? Shield generator of some form?

shoulder gimmick: slash disc firing
leg gimmick: boosters firing
wencong1356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 07:18   Link #172
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Now that I'm working on the 1/144 Barbatos, I can see that the inner Leg frame of the Kimaris as show in those photos looks pretty much the same as the leg frame of the Barbatos, only greyish and slightly modded to give that armor open/booster gimmick.

Though I'm doubtful that the Gundam Gusion will have the smae Gundam frame.
Old 2015-11-16, 06:50   Link #173
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
welp, finally it hit my head that the Kimaris shoots shurikens from its shoulders, i can finally excuse that the tiny folding sword is trying to channel the short ichiibantou swords used by ninjas, armored medieval knight ninjas.......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 18:13   Link #174
Skye629

Hmmm you know what I want to see in this show?

Weapon progression goes to heat weapons (like those used by Zeon units in the OYW) instead of beams, that would be cool without being too overpowering (though sadly this benefits some weapons more than others, the cutting ones in particular, maces and hammers sorta get the short end here)

And it would perhaps serve a similar function to the napalm missiles ships use to get through the armor in this series
Old 2015-11-17, 04:02   Link #175
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

If they do it right, then it would be good. But it's kind of tough to do it right--if they escalate weapons tech way too quickly it's not nearly as fun. Just as an example, Code Geass--when they started with only 1 or 2 prototype super mechs it was decent, but when they started having them come out all at once it became less interesting. They'd have to space it enough that any tech developments made would be profound and influential for at least part of the story before superceding it with newer tech.

I mean, if they spend 1 episode implementing heat weapons and the very next episode they have bean sabers it basically takes the fun out of all of it.

I orignally wondered why no beam weapons were in the show (see my post a few weeks back) but now I'm actually happy they aren't using beam guns just yet.
Old 2015-11-17, 05:59   Link #176
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i think we don't need heat blade based weapons as the Nano Laminated based ones already did a great job on that role without using any sort of energy that powers heat blades in the same manner as beam sabers, with the heat based weapons being only the napalm based explosives that melts the whole armor instead of you trying to hack it off by swinging your own arms that may take time based on a battle situation.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 22:38   Link #177
Skye629

Quote:
If they do it right, then it would be good. But it's kind of tough to do it right--if they escalate weapons tech way too quickly it's not nearly as fun. Just as an example, Code Geass--when they started with only 1 or 2 prototype super mechs it was decent, but when they started having them come out all at once it became less interesting. They'd have to space it enough that any tech developments made would be profound and influential for at least part of the story before superceding it with newer tech.

I mean, if they spend 1 episode implementing heat weapons and the very next episode they have bean sabers it basically takes the fun out of all of it.

I orignally wondered why no beam weapons were in the show (see my post a few weeks back) but now I'm actually happy they aren't using beam guns just yet.
Its not that hard to do, Gundam have been doing it right for quite some time. Protoype unit appears (or a custom already existing unit) with experimental tech, then a while later we start seeing mass production of new MS or said tech. Heat weapons is also a much smaller jump than going straight to beam/particle weapons

And I dont think Code Geass is a good example, the tech upgrade was not instantaneous, there was a good amount of time between R1 and R2. Not to mention most of the special units were custom mechs for the Knights of Round and there were plenty of older Knightmares from R1 still seen/used until the latter half of R2. If all Brittannian soldiers were issued MP Lancelots 2 episodes after it debuted (without a timeskip) then I would call BS. But that was not the case

To be frank, I have never seen a mecha anime as of yet that accelerates technology within a couple of episodes (by that I mean complete replacement of all old tech in that brief span of time minus a timeskip)
Old 2015-11-18, 04:12   Link #178
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

But that's what I'm annoyed about: Timeskips. Yes, the timeskip explains a lot of the new developments but on the other hand when I watch it--even though I know there's been a timeskip I still feel that it's a bit too quick.

Or maybe it's because I tend to binge-watch and it all just rushed by me all at once.
Old 2015-11-18, 19:29   Link #179
Skye629

Quote:
But that's what I'm annoyed about: Timeskips. Yes, the timeskip explains a lot of the new developments but on the other hand when I watch it--even though I know there's been a timeskip I still feel that it's a bit too quick.

Or maybe it's because I tend to binge-watch and it all just rushed by me all at once.
Probably that, dont forget the original audiences had to wait like, what? 2-4 years or something? For us who go back and watch shows when they're already done time/episodes fly by much faster. Gaps in between seasons are more or less inconsquential to us

That being said, the way IBO is going I highly doubt we're gonna see any timeskips or any super fast tech progression of the sort. At least not in the current 25 episode run, if even at all
Old 2015-11-19, 05:55   Link #180
Chibiloli

Guys, I found something odd wit my Graze's axe, there seems to be some sort of cord on it, thought heated weapons didn't exist?

http://i.imgur.com/WstBK0H.jpg

Last edited by Chibiloli; 2015-11-19 at 06:30.
Chibiloli is offline   Reply With Quote