AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-11-19, 06:16   Link #181
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I doubt it's for a heat blade mechanic, but it's been a part of the axe since episode 1. Check at 21:31 for proof.

Also, might I suggest you use an Images tag for that image?
Old 2015-11-19, 06:31   Link #182
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I doubt it's for a heat blade mechanic, but it's been a part of the axe since episode 1. Check at 21:31 for proof.

Also, might I suggest you use an Images tag for that image?
Yeah, don't know how to, if the cord is not for a heat blade mechanic, then why put it there? What does the description on the graze manual say?
Old 2015-11-19, 06:34   Link #183
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

An Images tag is simply putting [ images ] and [ /images ] around a link with the [ img ] tags around it.
Old 2015-11-19, 11:41   Link #184
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i am still not sure if Nano Laminated equipped Mobile Workers could somehow fight toe to toe with an MS, albeit a swarm of the units for attacking a single MS like the most f**ked up army of bees or ants attack, though their melee weapons might be smaller compared to a Graze's axe.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 22:40   Link #185
Skye629

Say hello to our new friends! Courtesy of the latest hobby show (names currently unknown, aside from the first one being the Graze that I posted the teaser for earlier)

Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 23:28   Link #186
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Graze Kai further enhancement?

That rabbit ear MS looks like something from Gadessa series

Barbatos' boaster looks good. I prefer its configuration used on Graze Kai instead of the standard Meteor/GN Arms look.

Still, the MS I am looking forward to see in action the most is definitely Gusion. That thing is too special and I want to see how it smashes the enemies with that hammer
Old 2015-11-20, 01:00   Link #187
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Holy fuck, is that artificial gravity I see in this episode in a Gundam show? As in actual artificial gravity as opposed to a simulated one?

I'm trying to think otherwise but it doesn't look like hey could fit a ring on cylinder module in the Isaribi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
And I dont think Code Geass is a good example, the tech upgrade was not instantaneous, there was a good amount of time between R1 and R2. Not to mention most of the special units were custom mechs for the Knights of Round and there were plenty of older Knightmares from R1 still seen/used until the latter half of R2. If all Brittannian soldiers were issued MP Lancelots 2 episodes after it debuted (without a timeskip) then I would call BS. But that was not the case.
I think Code Geass is a good example of it. It was a show that moved from mostly kind based battles in Season 1 to air based battles in Season 2. The flying module basically went from a rare power intensive module to something everyone and their brother had and could use for lengthy periods of time.

Code Geass' timeskip was also relatively short, with just one year between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade View Post
i am still not sure if Nano Laminated equipped Mobile Workers could somehow fight toe to toe with an MS, albeit a swarm of the units for attacking a single MS like the most f**ked up army of bees or ants attack, though their melee weapons might be smaller compared to a Graze's axe.
I'm not even sure they can equip it at all, it's already been mentioned that they can't it for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
Yeah, don't know how to, if the cord is not for a heat blade mechanic, then why put it there? What does the description on the graze manual say?
It doesn't say anything about a heat function.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2015-11-20 at 02:29.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-20, 06:39   Link #188
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I think Code Geass is a good example of it. It was a show that moved from mostly kind based battles in Season 1 to air based battles in Season 2. The flying module basically went from a rare power intensive module to something everyone and their brother had and could use for lengthy periods of time.

Code Geass' timeskip was also relatively short, with just one year between the two.
One year =/= instantaneous/a few days

IMO the best example of slow AND fast tech progression is AGE, it literally took whole generations for new stuff to be phased in and mass produced, and even then old tech was still often seen/used (slow). Then we also had the AGE system literally designing and building new tech in minutes (fast). The big issue here in IBO would be having something like the AGE system building beam weapons then having all of Gjallhorn using it by the next 3-5 episodes with no reasonable time-skip. Which is what the original poster was implying and using CG as an example for in "fast tech progression". Im saying CG is a bad example because the tech advancement was nothing like that. The OG poster also noted that it felt fast for him/her the viewer because he/she binge watched both series and thus the timeskip felt inconsequential. This is also not the point as what matters is that it makes sense in the timeflow of the series itself. Thats the whole point of a timeskip, to move forward and show things have changed

The floatation tech in CG was already in development/testing in/before R1, and its first appearance (note appearance, it already existed before that) was on a prototype machine (Lancelot) that was already extremely energy intensive (nor was it made with a flight device in mind). It was also fielded as a gamble to punch through the Chinese Federation/Japanese lines with the element of surprise. We further saw it on (umm whats its face? Gawain? Yknow the gold and black one they hijacked) and that MA thingy Orange piloted at the end. Skip a year forward and its still not quite fully mass produced/used (primarily being seen in special Round units and the first batches to incorporate it, the Vincents, piloted by that Knight force under Guilford). Its not until the latter half where we start seeing everyone else using it, and even then, they never really show what time limitations the mass produced units have (even then their performance wasn't much compared the Lancelot when it first sortied with a float device). Float devices aside too, barely any mass production/run of the mill grunt unit were ever seen using tech that was introduced in R1, like the VARIS rifles, Hadron Cannons, and to some degree the energy shields (these we mostly saw on battleships). Many still used conventional shell firing weapons along with physical melee weapons + slash harkens.

Its one thing for prototype/experimental/limited production models (reserved to elite or test pilots) to be using advanced tech everywhere while its completely something else for "everyone and their brother" (your grunts/nameless cannon fodder) to be using them. Generally in properly paced progression, the first group gets new/special stuff more often, while the second group gets whatever makes it through at a slower pace eventually. As long as thats not violated, heat/beam weapons should be fine. If they never come, then Im totally fine with that too

(typing at 3am, ignore me forgetting some of the names, goddamn this is much longer than I ever thought it would be)
Old 2015-11-20, 21:51   Link #189
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I still think Code Geass's tech progression was a little too fast for my liking. Not that it's the only show that does that but there was something off about it that bothers me to this day. I feel like it's more of a presentation issue more than anything though.
Old 2015-11-20, 22:01   Link #190
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Tech progression only rocketed in Code Geass during R2, when everyone got Float Units and upgraded powerplants to keep them in the air (remember, Lancelot had limited time in the air in season 1 when using the Float Unit) and special magical buster swords and those Energy Wing things. Code Geass was nice in that there were two separate technology paths, one for either side, and some of the tech just wasn't working right until supplemented with tech from the other side.

It, like everything else, went to hell in season 2.

That said, given how the production team of IBO explained how they pictured the battles, it'll be highly unlikely that we'll see beam weapons soon. If they appear at all, it'll only be at the end, and I still find it unlikely when you consider how most Gundam final battles devolve into: the Gundam reduced to melee combat. Heat weapons seem more likely, but even then I have my doubts. Current melee weapons seem to work just fine in ruining a mobile suit pilot's day.
Old 2015-11-21, 01:10   Link #191
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I just want to say that despite not liking the battle style/tech progress of R2 and disliked some aspects of where the storyline went, I generally really loved that show. *runs away*

And before I get in trouble I guess, time to post some Orphans stuff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by balofo
Gunpla Expo spoilers:

1)Long distance transportation Booster Cutan 3 Type?(クタン参型). Has 3 modes: Barbatos, Graze Kai(arm booster fixed to legs) and solo(seems to have its own cockpit). The back guns are the same as the Barbatos smooth bore gun, the arms don't seem to have any weapons.

http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/...343595_014.jpg
http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/...343595_013.jpg
http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/...343595_012.jpg

2)Graze Kai upgrade: new head antenna and shoulders, same weapons
http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/...343595_008.jpg

3)Unknown Graze? variant: entirely new armor. 2 shields with some attachment and a gun with a drum top magazine.
http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/...343595_010.jpg
http://www.kk1up.jp/wp-content/uploa...1190001-40.jpg

4)Option Set 4: Kimaris large booster, sword, and a new variation of the Tekkadan MW(new turret on top). February release
http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/...343595_006.jpg
http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/...343595_005.jpg

The January Gundam release wasn't revealed, but it will be in HJ next week.

Release dates so we know when to expect manual info:
-1/100 Schwalbe Graze: January, 21st
-Long Range Booster, Manrodi, Gusion: December, 10th
-Kimaris: January, 14th
Better translation of HG Hyakuri:

Quote:
Originally Posted by balofo
Hyakuri manual:
-Model number: STH-14s. Overall height: 18.5m, dry weight:33.4t
-Hyakuri is a high mobility type MS mostly involved in patrolling activity that is being operated by Teiwaz and its lower branches. Teiwaz assumes operation in the Outer Sphere space, because of the instability of Ahab Waves in that sector and the ineffectiveness of optical visibility, a MS with excellent scouting ability and unassisted long distance flight has always been required for the asteroid belt and debris belt course. The Hyakuri is a mainline machine that is being operated currently. The back has a protuding peculiar shape, it's equipped with a large sensor to detect Ahab Waves. This backpack is also a large booster unit, it carries out the role of an armament rack too. Its forte is to make use of the high thrust for hit-and-run attacks during combat, its mobility to escape from anti-aircraft fire threatens enemy ships too. Teiwaz's Rafter Frankland boarded the Hyakuri and toyed with Tekkadan due to its mobility.

-Rafter Frankland: mainly pilots the Hyakuri. Engaged in fierce battle with the Barbatos. Naze's lover, calls him ''Darling''.

-Corps member: solo operation during reconnaissance is the base, however in Teiwaz's lower branch Turbines a 2 Hyakurens, 1 Hyakuri composition is often taken. Hyakuri has a wide range of roles from raid to logistical support.

-Environmental activity: because of the characteristic backpack structure the machine's weight balance is poor, operation in outer space has become the core.

-Beyond the usual Hyakuri equipment, a information support type specialized in reconnaissance and enemy search as well as a fire support type equipped with a heavy equipment backpack have been confirmed. The former is often seen when the organization carries out interplanetary travel, the latter is deployed for base defense. Also, by loading the backpack with arms and ammo it bears front line supplying support too.
-Rifle: rifle manufactured by one of Teiwaz's lower branches, Euro Electronics, engaged in heavy industries. It has been adopted as a Hyakuri standard equipment.
-Knuckle Shield: part of Hyakuri's backpack. It's equipped to the arms when released as the Knuckle Shield. To strike with armor protected by Nano Laminate armor.
Old 2015-11-21, 01:14   Link #192
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Lafter is Naze's lover? Huh. I thought Amida was his lover. Harem situation, perhaps? There are a lot of women on that ship.
Old 2015-11-21, 01:21   Link #193
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

^Its that white suit I'm telling you.

A harem is probabaly not that far form the truth. According to her profile, Amida is Naze's first wife.
Assuming that translates correctly, that assumes a second wife. which I'm guessing Lafter has a good chance of being.

And to take things further, I just had another thought. A fireteam operates with a member of two Hyakurens and a Hyakuri. What are the chances that the Naze-Amida-Lafter harem is also a fireteam?

*mindblown*

=======

http://g-tekketsu.com/ms/19.php

Long Range Booster profile page on the MS Section. It's owned by Teiwaz and can be used to transport mobile suits and containers. Also very versatile.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2015-11-21 at 01:54.
Old 2015-11-21, 03:27   Link #194
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so we had heard somewhere that it is confirmed McGillis will have his own Gundam? it was given under the working name "McGillis Gundam"?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-21, 03:31   Link #195
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
And to take things further, I just had another thought. A fireteam operates with a member of two Hyakurens and a Hyakuri. What are the chances that the Naze-Amida-Lafter harem is also a fireteam?

*mindblown*
Pretty unlikely, actually, seeing how Naze's the captain of the ship, and the other Hyakuren pilot was another woman.
Old 2015-11-21, 04:47   Link #196
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
so we had heard somewhere that it is confirmed McGillis will have his own Gundam? it was given under the working name "McGillis Gundam"?
It was mentioned at GundamGuy, but I have also heard some have said it wasn't necessrily mentioned as such in the original source supposedly. In any case, it's not 100% clear yet.

Quote:
Pretty unlikely, actually, seeing how Naze's the captain of the ship, and the other Hyakuren pilot was another woman.
I guess he's going for the ship style harem then. I got the feeling he was a player from the OP, but his two confirmed lovers plus having a child with one of them surprises me still.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2015-11-21 at 05:00.
Old 2015-11-21, 10:46   Link #197
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so the name of Tekkadan's ship that was used to be Will O' the Wisp which is based on the ghost now being called Isaribi means "a fire being used to lure fish at night time"
either that was the most prophetic name ever considering what it did to Turbine's Hammerhead which is named after a shark, a fish, or Orga has a really good naming sense considering the role of the ship in the first place.
Old 2015-11-21, 18:47   Link #198
Skye629

Quote:
I still think Code Geass's tech progression was a little too fast for my liking. Not that it's the only show that does that but there was something off about it that bothers me to this day. I feel like it's more of a presentation issue more than anything though.
Quote:
Tech progression only rocketed in Code Geass during R2, when everyone got Float Units and upgraded powerplants to keep them in the air (remember, Lancelot had limited time in the air in season 1 when using the Float Unit) and special magical buster swords and those Energy Wing things. Code Geass was nice in that there were two separate technology paths, one for either side, and some of the tech just wasn't working right until supplemented with tech from the other side.

It, like everything else, went to hell in season 2.

That said, given how the production team of IBO explained how they pictured the battles, it'll be highly unlikely that we'll see beam weapons soon. If they appear at all, it'll only be at the end, and I still find it unlikely when you consider how most Gundam final battles devolve into: the Gundam reduced to melee combat. Heat weapons seem more likely, but even then I have my doubts. Current melee weapons seem to work just fine in ruining a mobile suit pilot's day.
Guess its all a personal perception thing then

And yup, nothing is more satisfying than hearing that "Crunch" when you bash an enemy mech with a giant piece of metal

Quote:
^Its that white suit I'm telling you.

A harem is probabaly not that far form the truth. According to her profile, Amida is Naze's first wife.
Assuming that translates correctly, that assumes a second wife. which I'm guessing Lafter has a good chance of being.

*mindblown*
Awesome, so the Kimaris actually DO have a proper sword, a friggin GREATSWORD at that too, I cant wait to see that in action mwahahahah

Sooooooooooo my joke about Mika getting both Atra and Kudelia might be possible?!?

@Global Sword 2:

The old name was already mentioned in the episode a long time ago when they first took steps to acquire it

Last edited by Skye629; 2015-11-21 at 20:12.
Old 2015-11-23, 05:15   Link #199
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

okay, i just noticed Barbatos's V-fin didn't broke off during the battle with the Turbines at all, its the over-sized yellow outer casing that's the one that broke with its actual V-fin intact revealed underneath, being the dark grey traditional RX-78-2-esque looking that is the color of a naked Gundam Frame,

the Gundam Frames might look all the same sans color tones & extra bones here & there when they aren't wearing their 'clothes' on which also adds individual personality to them as they could be only identified from the outside by scanning their Ahab wave patterns which reveals their real names, possibly goes the same with Gusion if you remove its dome shaped 'helmet' revealing the traditional head design hidden beneath it.
Old 2015-11-23, 12:05   Link #200
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
okay, i just noticed Barbatos's V-fin didn't broke off during the battle with the Turbines at all, its the over-sized yellow outer casing that's the one that broke with its actual V-fin intact revealed underneath, being the dark grey traditional RX-78-2-esque looking that is the color of a naked Gundam Frame,

the Gundam Frames might look all the same sans color tones & extra bones here & there when they aren't wearing their 'clothes' on which also adds individual personality to them as they could be only identified from the outside by scanning their Ahab wave patterns which reveals their real names, possibly goes the same with Gusion if you remove its dome shaped 'helmet' revealing the traditional head design hidden beneath it.
Gundam Gusion appears to be noticeably smaller than other mobile suits so there remains a chance that they may be more different than each other than minor changes here and there since size is already a big deviation factor.