Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-19, 07:05   Link #27661
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I can't believe this happened in my city when I was asleep...

Absolutely insane... just absolutely insane.
Whoa, are you in Watertown or Boston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
One Bomb suspect = Dead

The other on the loose.

All thanks to our functioning US gov't capable of tracking down these kinds of suspects very quickly.
The fact that they apparently live there locally, and have made no attempt to leave the area four days after the Marathon, I'm sure helped.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:04   Link #27662
Kyuu
=^^=

This whole thing shows:

If you have guns, you cannot fight the police -- let alone the US military.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:13   Link #27663
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

He is pinned down in a building, they have the whole place surrounded.
Man.... I can't turn off the news!
Old 2013-04-19, 08:17   Link #27664
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
This whole thing shows:

Well since that guy is from Chechenya, I wonder how are Putin is going to react should the Russians run a marathon :

"Suspected Moscow Marathon bombers are being used as starting lines for the upcoming stampede"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He is pinned down in a building, they have the whole place surrounded.
Man.... I can't turn off the news!
Watertown Events on Reuters.

Latest events :

Quote:
Residents of Watertown, Waltham, Newton, Belmont, Cambridge and Allston Brighton reminded to stay indoors. - @Boston_Police
Quote:
About five hours after the FBI released the pictures of the bombing suspects, a police officer was shot and killed on the campus of Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the Middlesex County District Attorney said in a statement.

A short time later, police received reports of a carjacking by two men who kept their victim inside the car for about half an hour, the statement said.

Police pursued that car to Watertown, where explosives were thrown from the car at police and gunfire was exchanged, the statement said.

"During the exchange of the gunfire, we believe that one of the suspects was struck and ultimately taken into custody. A second suspect was able to flee from that car and there is an active search going on at this point in time," Colonel Timothy Alben, superintendent of the Massachusetts State Police, told a news conference.

Police killed one suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing during a shootout and were engaged in a house-to-house search for the other on Friday in the Boston suburb of Watertown.

"What we are looking for right now is a suspect consistent with suspect No. 2, the white-capped individual who was involved in Monday's bombing of the Boston Marathon," Alben said.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:18   Link #27665
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
This whole thing shows:

Nevermind the fact that they did indeed fight the police (and killed an officer), please don't try to start that here, it's in rather poor taste.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:28   Link #27666
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Nevermind the fact that they did indeed fight the police (and killed an officer), please don't try to start that here, it's in rather poor taste.
Kyuu is someone who loves his community as much as his country, please let him go for that insensitive comment. Also, I bet people will pour into the streets cheering "USA! USA!" after the police captures this nut.

And I certainly hope the Russian FSB will assist in "interrogation and questioning" of this suspect.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:51   Link #27667
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Anzor Tsarnaev spoke with The Associated Press by telephone from the Russian city of Makhachkala today after police said one of his sons, Tamerlan, had been killed in a shootout and the other, Dzhokhar, was being intensely pursued.

"My son is a true angel," the elder Tsarnaev said. "Dzhokhar is a second-year medical student in the U.S. He is such an intelligent boy. We expected him to come on holidays here."
Everyone is an angel 'til they go around slaughtering innocent people :/
Old 2013-04-19, 08:51   Link #27668
GDB

Quote:
You know what the connotation of "fight" is when used in this context. Don't use the dictionary meaning when you know that's not the intention. That being said, I still agree; keep that crap out of this thread.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:19   Link #27669
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Everyone is an angel 'til they go around slaughtering innocent people :/
Well, I'm so happy that you understand that.

And yea, the first thing I was chanting was indeed: "USA USA USA" when news of today's activity first got to me. Hell, for once, I'm actually watching CNN -- despite my disdain for US 24/7 news outlets these days.

Now, that more info. on these terrorists are coming out. This kid would do himself a favor by turning himself in, given the angle of the younger kid being influenced by the older brother. And that's was likely a factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The fact that they apparently live there locally, and have made no attempt to leave the area four days after the Marathon, I'm sure helped.
Add in: No plan of action on the events after the bombing. High profile cases like these -- you bet your butt law enforcement will find suspects rather quickly.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:24   Link #27670
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The latest update on NBC@Reuters noted that he is some sort of traditional sexist and refused female teachers to teach him or something back in highschool, according to a caller who claims to be his highschool classmate.

And an ex-FBI Special Agent said that the bomb's trigger is pretty sophisticated, remote control and all that. If the bomb is triggered by remotely but not by handphone, it could mean that the bombmaker is REALLY sophisticated - remote detonators are not simple devices to build and operate.

Whoever is in Boston near ground zero, please stay two ways : inside and safe.

Quote:
Add in: No plan of action on the events after the bombing. High profile cases like these -- you bet your butt law enforcement will find suspects rather quickly.
They could be planning to stay in a safehouse, hunker down until everything blows over, then try to leave the country through another state. Though the news never said where they were heading in the hijacked police cruiser.

Old 2013-04-19, 09:27   Link #27671
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Yea, just like the Titanic could never sink :/
But we want to close the EPA !

I mean, they are costing this country money that could be spent on business. Heck in 2006 they actually got fined for $2,250! The government does need to know about my ammonium nitrate damn it!

Quote:
The company's risk management plan, filed with the federal Environmental Protection Agency in 2011, made no mention of ammonium nitrate.
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news...city-bomb?lite
Old 2013-04-19, 09:30   Link #27672
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And an ex-FBI Special Agent said that the bomb's trigger is pretty sophisticated, remote control and all that. If the bomb is triggered by remotely but not by handphone, it could mean that the bombmaker is REALLY sophisticated - remote detonators are not simple devices to build and operate.
Sophisticated in that aspect? Yes.

However, overall, their lack of escape plan or no intention of becoming martyrs... just really have to wonder what their motive was. Only hope of knowing that is keeping this kid alive for arrest and due process. But hey, if he gives the cops reason to kill him on sight -- well -- so much for that.

After all, one of 'em called the uncle saying things like "I'm sorry", etc. They even stole a car, told the owner of the car who they were, and even robbed a 7/11 for money. Clear lack of an exit strategy here.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:35   Link #27673
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:

However, overall, their lack of escape plan or no intention of becoming martyrs... just really have to wonder what their motive was. Only hope of knowing that is keeping this kid alive for arrest and due process. But hey, if he gives the cops reason to kill him on sight -- well -- so much for that.

After all, one of 'em called the uncle saying things like "I'm sorry", etc. They even stole a car, told the owner of the car who they were, and even robbed a 7/11 for money. Clear lack of an exit strategy here.
Just curious, weren't there like at least 1 more dud that was recovered by the FBI? Or that was false reporting? Were those 2 photographed with more than 2 backpacks, or they had friends?
Old 2013-04-19, 09:36   Link #27674
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Just curious, weren't there like at least 1 more dud that was recovered by the FBI? Or that was false reporting? Were those 2 photographed with more than 2 backpacks, or they had friends?
For now, it's just these two brothers. And I wouldn't say false-reporting, but rather inaccurate. Y'know how the news tend to compete on, who's first to break the story.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:39   Link #27675
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

It is regret I guess. They probably contemplated suicide after this, but probably tried to hide or run after this incident, and after seeing the news coverage where they are branded as child-killers, they became remorseful, and thought that there is no turning back for them.

I suspect they are self-radicalised or they simply hate superpowers like Russia and US for "oppressing" their oil-rich countries and taking their land from them.

Old 2013-04-19, 09:49   Link #27676
kyp275
Meh

They've got a 60-70yr man atm, who apparently is wearing a "device".

EOD is moving in, not sure how the old man is related to the suspect atm.

Deadman switch is mentioned, probably a hostage/distraction.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:54   Link #27677
GDB

Possibly the owner of the car they hijacked?
Old 2013-04-19, 09:56   Link #27678
kyp275
Meh

naw, that guy got away, this would be someone new
Old 2013-04-19, 11:25   Link #27679
AnimeFan188

YouTube Prevails in Viacom Copyright Suit — Again:

"Media giant Viacom lost yet another legal salvo today toward getting as much as
$1 billion from Google for allegedly violating music and video copyrights on the
YouTube video service."

See:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...-viacom-again/
Old 2013-04-19, 12:21   Link #27680
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Anyone else listening to http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam while following http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comment...unofficial_4/?
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international