Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-21, 15:32   Link #81
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
I think Yamainu are kinda like mercenaries

or am I wrong?
A black ops military unit seems more likely.
Old 2007-08-22, 05:32   Link #82
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
awesome episode i can't wait to see whats to come in this arc (i haven't played the games or read the spoilers of whats to come so im really in suspense) things seem to be lining up to help rika win against her fate this time but with a name like massacre arc and the series only halfway through i don't think this one will be a happy ending. On the other hand she won't have a chance like this again with everyone remembering their past a chance like this won't happen again.
Im an amateur here and I didnt play the game either. But Hanyuu said in the end that they ll fail again. First, it was highly doubtful that Takano and Tomitake would follow Rika's advice. Then the point where things got wrong seemed to have smth to do with the scene where Rika kicked the bike. Also the white van and the guys in grey are really bothering me.
Actually a much better analysis is given at animehistory.worldpress.com in the comments to ep 7.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
Old 2007-08-22, 07:05   Link #83
NH1976

It seems nearly everyone in Hinamizawa dislikes Ooishi. It's not only Mion. Why would he wear a knife-proof vest during the dam war hmm ? Also, he usually instill distrust between our friends with his sneaky technique of using one of them to spy the group. Remember his attitude toward K1 during the third arc. He is rather strong at making ennemies IMHO.
Old 2007-08-22, 07:09   Link #84
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Correct, this is mainly because he has a huge obession about the incidents, especially because the dam manager was an old friend, who he considered as a father IIRC.
But the fact that most -if not everyone- in Hinamizawa hates him is rather for his methods, which are related to his obession, and his incoming retirement. Guess he is good to create commotion, under some conditions (much like Shion issues, depending on some points as well)

But this chapter proves Ooishi can leave the matter aside, and befriends with anyone. (leading to Mion's change of heart)
In fact, we can consider OOishi as a very picky man?
Well, at least, he is kinda "cuddly" with Akasaka and Kuma, and in this chapter as well. (gah, if only they kept the mah jong scenes... at least some dramaCD reinforce this aspect of Ooishi)

but of course, in the other arcs, he has the obnoxious habit to be either intimidating, or tricky, so he can get a spy among the kids group. (very important, since he has a huge grudge against the sonozaki)
Old 2007-08-22, 13:39   Link #85
Echoes

I think Ooishi is one of the characters who've we've truly seen a lot of sides of. He has been everything from a nosy investigator, a kind old man, a devious plotter, and even a downright jackass. He's shown a lot of good characteristics, such as integrity and bravery, but has also been shown willing to do almost anything as long as it benefits his cause. He has a sort of "the ends justify the means" mentality to him, I think.
Old 2007-08-22, 15:30   Link #86
Aisling

I think its things like that which give his character real depth. He's not "good" or "evil". He changes his attitude depending on the situation, as we've seen...a very realistic characteristic.

I wonder why Oishi doesn't seem to mind that Mion is walking around with a gun in a shoulder-holster RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.
Old 2007-08-22, 15:42   Link #87
Echoes

Yes, I agree. I think this is a big part of what makes Higurashi such an enjoyable show, they have a very good and unique way of showing us character development, since we get to see the characters in so many different scenarios, yet it doesn't clog the storyline with unfinished side stories. I think this adds a lot of depth to most of the characters.

I've pondered the gun issue as well, but I'm sure Ooishi, as an experienced officer, can tell the difference between a toy and the real thing. Assuming it's not real, that is.
Old 2007-08-22, 15:49   Link #88
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

The Gun is fake
Spoiler for The gun's purpose:
Old 2007-08-22, 16:07   Link #89
Echoes

Well yeah; I was pretty much joking, I assume she doesn't carry a real gun with her to school and to the playground.
Old 2007-08-22, 16:34   Link #90
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Shion carries a taser with her
Old 2007-08-22, 19:50   Link #91
Omfgbbqwtf

so... That is a gun that Mion carries with her. I always wonder what that thing is. I keep telling myself it is not a gun, since it jsut doesn't make much sense to me.

For the episode, I guess Rika is gettign cocky now. With the janitor-looking guys to protect her, Rika seems to be pretty confident that she can finally save everyone including herself.
Old 2007-08-22, 20:07   Link #92
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I just noticed that they did already stop Onikakushi-hen/Tsumihoroboshi-hen & Watanagashi-hen/Meakashi-hen from happening but they haven't done anything that would stop Tatarigoroshi-hen from happening
Old 2007-08-22, 20:32   Link #93
MrZombie

How can they stop that one? Tatarigororshi is the one where none of them have any control over it happening. All the key players in it are all outside of Hinamizawa.
Old 2007-08-22, 22:28   Link #94
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

So it could happen
Old 2007-08-22, 22:49   Link #95
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I love the way that Takano cracks up.......

NIPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus, Rika's comment:

"It feels like Takano's stock is falling all over the world"
Old 2007-08-22, 23:33   Link #96
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Wow. Just wow. Takano was awesome in this episode. Go Droopy-tan!
Old 2007-08-23, 05:01   Link #97
Zeedox

Send a message via MSN to Zeedox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
Knowing as we do by this episode that the plumbers are part of Irie's operation, it becomes clearer why in the first episodes the plumbers clobbered a psychotic Keeichi and left him to await Irie's arrival (Irie being the "manager" that Mion talks about).
Interesting point. I had the feeling that the Yamainu were a different organization, but I guess there is no sense in introducing too many new characters at this point. The mere sight of the Men In Green makes my blood go cold, though. Irie should be on Rikas side! ><
Old 2007-08-23, 05:47   Link #98
MezzoDragon

The best way for Rika to make Irie an ally is for her to dress in a maid's costume; controlling him via his fetish.
Old 2007-08-23, 11:11   Link #99
Echoes

It would probably be even better to use Satoko, in that case.
Old 2007-08-23, 13:21   Link #100
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeedox View Post
Interesting point. I had the feeling that the Yamainu were a different organization, but I guess there is no sense in introducing too many new characters at this point. The mere sight of the Men In Green makes my blood go cold, though. Irie should be on Rikas side! ><
Irie is. Remember, Irie dies before Rika does.
Closed Thread