AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-05-07, 09:53   Link #3021
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou
@flo:
If Shinku were a real person, I can imagine her becoming like that upon reaching the age of 40 or 50. Those European aristocrat women, you know...
Then I would hit her with a lead pipe at the face then shove it right up to her ass.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 09:56   Link #3022
Lost

Ouch. Flo, not the mental imagery Nooooooo~

Quote:
Have you ever thought about whether the dolls sweat? We know that they're endothermic, so how do they control their body temperature in the hot summer of the "Traumend" season? And if they sweat, they must really smell if they don't wash themselves.
I think Porcelain can take some very high temperatures, so its no problem. Plus they rarely go out of doors without their Cases, and I'm assuming Jun's place has A/C. Its a wonder how he keeps his windows closed most of the time. Anyhow, they do have to put their dresses in the laundry, like we saw in S1, but I don't think its because of smell, more like dust and the like. You see that they didn't remove their inner garments (I dont wanna say underwear ) so I doubt they sweat. Haha.

Btw Yukino, you from HongKong?

Last edited by Lost; 2006-05-07 at 12:05.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 10:29   Link #3023
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Send a message via MSN to Dark Steno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
Haha. You and I both. Shinku is too bossy for my liking.
I agree but she's somewhat charming in some sort of way.
Dark Steno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 11:17   Link #3024
Flo
The Necessary Evil

JOIN SUIGINTOUISM!!!!!!

Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 14:29   Link #3025
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Another wtf.
Old 2006-05-07, 14:50   Link #3026
TamaNeko

That's...uh...rather badly drawn for Japanese fanart.
TamaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 20:30   Link #3027
Lost

And whats with that symbol...
Old 2006-05-07, 20:47   Link #3028
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

I'm just guessing that the symbol is a random creation/substition of the author's to replace the Nazi swastika, which was in the exact same place below the exact same eagle on German uniforms and emblems (Added observation: Even the Nazi SS thunderbolt marks are still left in their place on the uniform collar.)
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 20:51   Link #3029
Lost

Heh I guess so. The Church of SuginTou...

Oh i see now.. I think that upside down cross is taken off the ones on her dress..
Old 2006-05-07, 21:00   Link #3030
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
I think Porcelain can take some very high temperatures, so its no problem. Plus they rarely go out of doors without their Cases, and I'm assuming Jun's place has A/C. Its a wonder how he keeps his windows closed most of the time. Anyhow, they do have to put their dresses in the laundry, like we saw in S1, but I don't think its because of smell, more like dust and the like. You see that they didn't remove their inner garments (I dont wanna say underwear ) so I doubt they sweat. Haha.

Btw Yukino, you from HongKong?
Yes yes, I'm from Hong Kong!! Where are you from? Singapore?

As for why Jun keeps his windows closed, well, assuming Japanese summers are like HK summers, there's bound to be mosquitos and uncomfortable humidity outside, and anyway, what's the point of opening windows if the outside air is warmer than internal temperature? (And if I lived in Singapore, why, I don't think I'd ever open up my windows! )

By the way, have you ever thought about what books you'd read to Suiseiseki?

P.S. Where did the Rozen Maiden learn to speak Japanese? We know that they're German. Or do they just have an innate ability to absorb the language of their medium? This reminds me of when Shinku pulls Jun's leg: He "should be able to understand German as her medium", heehee... it doesn't work this way, but the inverse isn't necessarily false.
Yukinokesshou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 21:36   Link #3031
Lost

Quote:
Yes yes, I'm from Hong Kong!! Where are you from? Singapore?

As for why Jun keeps his windows closed, well, assuming Japanese summers are like HK summers, there's bound to be mosquitos and uncomfortable humidity outside, and anyway, what's the point of opening windows if the outside air is warmer than internal temperature? (And if I lived in Singapore, why, I don't think I'd ever open up my windows! )

By the way, have you ever thought about what books you'd read to Suiseiseki?

P.S. Where did the Rozen Maiden learn to speak Japanese? We know that they're German. Or do they just have an innate ability to absorb the language of their medium? This reminds me of when Shinku pulls Jun's leg: He "should be able to understand German as her medium", heehee... it doesn't work this way, but the inverse isn't necessarily false.
LOL!! Yep, I'm from Singapore. HK is one of my future travel destinations (when I get enough money), I mean, land of Chéng Lóng and Jet Li!!! Lol, I'm used to the temperatures and humidity, but theres always a fan on in my home Thats why the times when it gets cold (rain, early mornings) are very welcome..

To SuiseiSeki? I'd start with my elementary maths book; which would be pretty easy, and then go on to my o'level additional maths book; tho I foresee a problem with integration and relative velocities.. never mastered those Then I may borrow an engineering maths book from a friend I know.. Then.. then.. Physics maybe? Heh. If that doesnt satisfy her I'll have to use the crocrodile anti-desu~ system.

Made in Germany, Assembled in Japan?
Old 2006-05-07, 21:48   Link #3032
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
LOL!! Yep, I'm from Singapore. HK is one of my future travel destinations (when I get enough money), I mean, land of Chéng Lóng and Jet Li!!! Lol, I'm used to the temperatures and humidity, but theres always a fan on in my home Thats why the times when it gets cold (rain, early mornings) are very welcome..

To SuiseiSeki? I'd start with my elementary maths book; which would be pretty easy, and then go on to my o'level additional maths book; tho I foresee a problem with integration and relative velocities.. never mastered those Then I may borrow an engineering maths book from a friend I know.. Then.. then.. Physics maybe? Heh. If that doesnt satisfy her I'll have to use the crocrodile anti-desu~ system.

Made in Germany, Assembled in Japan?
It would be tough to teach Suiseiseki Calculus. I think the Suiseiseki and Souseiseki will ace in biology.

Kirakishou would get the honors on how to make mutant plants and should deserve a scholarship.

Somehow, I think Barasuishou and Shinku will do good in every subject.

Gin will fail everything I think, despite her smartness.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 21:50   Link #3033
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:

That is what I suspected, but remember, Shinku already spoke Japanese when she first introduced herself to Jun, before he became her medium. I think the dolls might be linguistic geniuses (would love to hear Suiseiseki use a German swear word at Jun).

Or they could read the minds of potential mediums (I remember that she could read Jun's mind. Don't know if they show that in the anime, but it does show that in book 1 of the manga, which I read) and learn Japanese this way.

And ace? I doubt the dolls will ace in anything but alchemy theories. Shinku reads about Alchemy. The dolls were probably products of alchemy, and yeah, I forgot, Suigintou will get Masters for doll abuse.

But of course, all this will change if all the dolls go to school to study. Then they could ace in other subjects (would love to see the dolls beating Jun in every subject, giving Suiseiseki more reason to laugh at Jun. Then Suigintou will keep commenting about how Jun is a worthless human only to get a slap from Shinku, then a fight escalates).

And yes, Shinku will fail in the subject of Toilet.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 22:17   Link #3034
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
That is what I suspected, but remember, Shinku already spoke Japanese when she first introduced herself to Jun, before he became her medium. I think the dolls might be linguistic geniuses (would love to hear Suiseiseki use a German swear word at Jun).

Or they could read the minds of potential mediums (I remember that she could read Jun's mind. Don't know if they show that in the anime, but it does show that in book 1 of the manga, which I read) and learn Japanese this way.

And ace? I doubt the dolls will ace in anything but alchemy theories. Shinku reads about Alchemy. The dolls were probably products of alchemy, and yeah, I forgot, Suigintou will get Masters for doll abuse.

But of course, all this will change if all the dolls go to school to study. Then they could ace in other subjects (would love to see the dolls beating Jun in every subject, giving Suiseiseki more reason to laugh at Jun. Then Suigintou will keep commenting about how Jun is a worthless human only to get a slap from Shinku, then a fight escalates).

Barasuishou might have difficulty passing Oral communication in English if she keeps speaking emotionlessly and just copying others' phrases.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 23:01   Link #3035
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Barasuishou might have difficulty passing Oral communication in English if she keeps speaking emotionlessly and just copying others' phrases.
Barasuishou will definitely have difficulty. I think that Suiseiseki might have difficulty if the article she is supposed to read aloud reminds her of something embarrassing. She will then stutter and then read out of context, followed by kicking the examiner in the shins.
Old 2006-05-07, 23:11   Link #3036
Lost

Quote:
Barasuishou will definitely have difficulty. I think that Suiseiseki might have difficulty if the article she is supposed to read aloud reminds her of something embarrassing. She will then stutter and then read out of context, followed by kicking the examiner in the shins.
LOL!! I would die to see that happening. Plus imagine all the embarassed desu~'s she would spout..

@blitz: To put it in a better way, Kirakishou will get a Masters in Transgenic Plant Technology
Old 2006-05-07, 23:15   Link #3037
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:

Heh, experts in an archaic science. You beat me to suggesting experts in linguistics. Since they have incredibly long life-spans, they could contribute to long term R&D projects - if they are willing cooperate that is. I'd lend Suigintou some of my programming books since fanworks always depict her trying to learn how to use a computer. I just worry about the horrors of the internet she might come across (see most of the stuff Flo has posted so far).

Though I am not very much concerned about what to teach them - though I would still think it would be important. No, rather I would make them cute clothes to wear and snap pictures. Oh, and make them dance with the pretty clothes on. Uhuhuhuhuhuhu~, how awsome that would be.

As for dolls I would like in my possession, Souseiseki and Suiseiseki would be at the top of my list. One, I think the Heterochromia thing is cool (even though it's fake), and two, I can do stuff like this:

Yeaheheheh...

I'd get along with Shinku fine. Despite the obvious insanity, I'm willing to be helpful to people doing menial tasks or housework. Though the tea thing I could never get used to... or the beatings.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-07, 23:58   Link #3038
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Heterochromia is definitely real, but it tends to disappear after the person reach a certain age. However, Suiseiseki and Souseiseki's condition are made, and are very obvious as well. I had friends telling me that they knew people with Heterochromia, but the two eye colours tend to blend in well, so one may not notice at first glance.
Old 2006-05-08, 00:39   Link #3039
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Heterochromia is definitely real, but it tends to disappear after the person reach a certain age. However, Suiseiseki and Souseiseki's condition are made, and are very obvious as well. I had friends telling me that they knew people with Heterochromia, but the two eye colours tend to blend in well, so one may not notice at first glance.
Eep, I meant to refer to Sou/Sui's as being fake, not the actual condition to be fake! I am aware its very real. Me grandma has blue eyes, only one has a bit of green in it (hardly noticeable).
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 05:50   Link #3040
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious
Heh, experts in an archaic science. You beat me to suggesting experts in linguistics. Since they have incredibly long life-spans, they could contribute to long term R&D projects - if they are willing cooperate that is. I'd lend Suigintou some of my programming books since fanworks always depict her trying to learn how to use a computer. I just worry about the horrors of the internet she might come across (see most of the stuff Flo has posted so far).

Though I am not very much concerned about what to teach them - though I would still think it would be important. No, rather I would make them cute clothes to wear and snap pictures. Oh, and make them dance with the pretty clothes on. Uhuhuhuhuhuhu~, how awsome that would be.

As for dolls I would like in my possession, Souseiseki and Suiseiseki would be at the top of my list. One, I think the Heterochromia thing is cool (even though it's fake), and two, I can do stuff like this:

Yeaheheheh...

I'd get along with Shinku fine. Despite the obvious insanity, I'm willing to be helpful to people doing menial tasks or housework. Though the tea thing I could never get used to... or the beatings.
You sounds like Kanaria's medium.

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural