AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

View Poll Results: Utawarerumono Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 70 44.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 31.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 6.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.03%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.26%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.52%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-01, 19:31   Link #81
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The fault I felt for the last episode is that did not live up to my expectations. The clash of the titans could not develop into a thundering climax, and Hakuoro's farewell depart to everyone else seemed campy.

Everything else including also music, story, and animation went well.

Spoiler:

Some questions:
Spoiler:

What is the name of the song played from when Hakuoro says goodbye to Eruruu until the end of the epilogue?
Old 2006-10-01, 19:45   Link #82
Aryeztur
Honor and Love

Send a message via AIM to Aryeztur
I like this type of series. I was wondering if someone could recomend a similar series to me? I'm new to Anime...I've watched Samurai 7 before and that got me into Utawarerumono. I also liked Fate Stay Night and Tengou Tenge and am watching Rurouni Kenshin. So, is there another series along those lines?
Old 2006-10-01, 20:34   Link #83
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Guido, most of your answers are right here lol

As for Mutsumi...

Spoiler for Guido's answer:
Old 2006-10-01, 21:16   Link #84
Green²
It's bacon!

Spoiler for Ep. 26:
Old 2006-10-01, 21:43   Link #85
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryeztur
I like this type of series. I was wondering if someone could recomend a similar series to me? I'm new to Anime...I've watched Samurai 7 before and that got me into Utawarerumono. I also liked Fate Stay Night and Tengou Tenge and am watching Rurouni Kenshin. So, is there another series along those lines?
you might want to chk here Suggestions
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-10-01, 22:30   Link #86
Aryeztur
Honor and Love

The matter of who ends up sitting on the throne is also left unsettled. Oboro goes off and tells Benawi to take care of things...so does Benawi become Emperor/Regent?
Old 2006-10-01, 22:51   Link #87
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Regency probabilly. Actually I am wondering at the possibility that Oboro might see himself as a regent as well and hands the throne to Aruruu when she grows up (I can't see Eruruu accepting the hotseat)... that would make for a great story with the empress and her sworn friends/allies carry on the legacy of the great god.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-10-01, 22:54   Link #88
Aryeztur
Honor and Love

Why Aruru? Technically, as Hakuoro's eldest child (albiet adopted), Eruru should inherit the throne.
Old 2006-10-01, 22:58   Link #89
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

It's just a feeling that I have given the nature of Eruru versus Aruru. Aruru actually shares alot of the traits that are present with the heroes of the court as well as her dad, being decisive, charismatic, brave and actually even imaginative. That girl stays together despite some really tragic consequences and fights for her family's right to exist agressively. Given who's involved in the court, she would be protected and supported by Hakuoro's former subjects without question.

(that and I can actually see Aruru raising a sword against Mutsumi should she had one in her defense of her father... )

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-10-01, 23:02   Link #90
Pastel
For the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryeztur
Why Aruru? Technically, as Hakuoro's eldest child (albiet adopted), Eruru should inherit the throne.
Although they refer to each other as family, I get the feeling that Hakuoro and Eruru have the roles of lovers and parents and Aruru has the role of the daughter, and even refers to him as a father. Eruru was never adopted in any sense nor did she ever assume the role of a daughter like Aruru; even when Hakuoro was oblivious to her feelings for him, I remember he referred to her as "kind of like a sister."

Then, family roles aside, I think Aruru's personality will be more fit to that of a leader when she grows up.

edit: good god, Shadow Warrior Chronicles. I'd forgotten about that.. brilliant monstrosity of a name. Why couldn't they play along and go with Underwater Ray Romano? Or if seriously, a literal translation of the title? I don't see any Shadow Warriors anywhere.
Old 2006-10-01, 23:50   Link #91
Aryeztur
Honor and Love

That may be true, but in a cultural like that depicted in the series, it is unlikely the older sister would be passed over for the younger one. Besides, Eruru is more kind and nurturing than Aruru which is why I think she would make a better ruler. And nobody else seems to think the romance between Eruru and Hakuoro is kind of weird when he's old/tall enough to be her father...
Old 2006-10-02, 01:42   Link #92
Cardiac Glycoside

My thoughts on succession:

--Benawi is too honorable to go against Hakuoro's last commands. Even with a ruler he detested (Inkara) he had to at least find honorable explanations for rebelling against him; how could he go against some to whom he is greatful?

At best, he will consider himself a regent, but not the Emperor.

--Oboro's reason for rejecting the throne is that he is too young. Which implies to me that he may reconsider it once he becomes older. He has matured to the point where he can correct his weaknesses, so perhaps he has considered training himself in prudence before doing anything crazy. I think he might become Emperor eventually, since he also respects Hakuoro a lot. (Of course, if Hakuoro returns, I can also see him abdicating).

--Kurou has demonstrated a very poor capacity for thinking for himself, so I doubt he will get the throne.

--Dorii and Gura would rather liquor up and rape Oboro.

--Urutorii is now Oruyankuru, so technically that is a higher ranking position than Hakuoro ever had (if you ignore that he was THE Onkami). Short of annexing Tusukuru, I doubt Urutorii will rule.

--Karura already objected to the idea of living as royalty. She is far too "bohemian." At best I think a personality cult will overthrow Derihourai, but his is not the country we are interested in.

--Touka seems to have no abilities beyond swordfighting. And is easily led astray (by Orikakan, Karura).

--Aruruu shows a little promise. She turned another would-be Mutikapa into a lovable, fluffy tank that is selective of her targets. How is that for reining in your men? But I doubt her ability to lead. How could she be a good authority figure if she made a career of going against authority?

--Eruruu: good for peacetime, bad for wartime. I cannot believe that when Tusukuru was in danger of annihilation in episode 9, all she can think about was how distant Hakuoro seemed. Good leadership calls for looking beyond one's own personal life and helping through crises....

I am nearly asleep while writing this, so if something doesn't make sense, I don't care...
Old 2006-10-02, 03:31   Link #93
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well Aruru might have gone against the authority but she is in accordance with a greater agenda, in preserving her family doing whatever she can despite going against the roles. (Mutsumi, being totally obdient actually looks worse to me in being able to serves as an authority...)
I don't see Aruru as someone that is at blatant disregard to authority but somebody that acts beyond the partisanships that are set for her own safety to serve the greater purpose. She knows the risks and puts her own life on the line... and well knowing both that she will face the consequences for her actions like her father when he started the revolt in the countryside. She and those that goes on her expedition (like the trip back to Yamayura and finding the crucial bridge with Kamyu. We may have seen her picking up flowers but she must have also seen the razed ruins as well...)

Urutorii if anything has almost a familial tie to Tsuskuru now. The two courts came and acted on a crisis that is at the heart of her own race and having an idea about how Aruru+Eruru fits into the bloodline that's in her race and all and having to serve the great god's order to her (being arbitrator for further conflicts), Tsuskuru is more than a strategic and ideological partner. I think she will be a stunch foundation and support for the entire court of Tsuskuru despite being away from it.

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-10-02 at 04:21.
Old 2006-10-02, 04:39   Link #94
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
Yeah, we were meant to assume it's Hakuoro in person. The game clearly slaps it in front of your face but in the anime it's totally inconclusive. Notice the wind blowing in the last three scenes - Kuuya/Sakuya, Kamyu/Aruruu, and Eruruu. They all get very familiar sensations as it blows by. It could be him. Then again, it could be a wiff of really tasty pound cake. -.-
The anime does have Kuuya sputtering out an 'owro/oro' at the end. Personally, I thought it was more predictable in the anime, because the mood wasn't one of tragedy/loss. Thus, you don't need as much prodding as in the game.
Old 2006-10-02, 12:13   Link #95
Nutster

Spoiler:

I have a question, sorry if it has been asked before, what is that satellite thing in orbit? Mutsumi used it when she tried to seal IceMan. I thought their power are magic based, not "lost technology" based..?
Old 2006-10-02, 14:06   Link #96
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutster
Spoiler:

I have a question, sorry if it has been asked before, what is that satellite thing in orbit? Mutsumi used it when she tried to seal IceMan. I thought their power are magic based, not "lost technology" based..?
Ok...

Spoiler for your answer:

Their power? You probably mean just Mutsumi. There's no way to fathom just what kind of power she has. But as for everyone else, safe to say it's pretty much magic or telekinetics with light flares. = o
Old 2006-10-02, 17:16   Link #97
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris
[Their power? You probably mean just Mutsumi. There's no way to fathom just what kind of power she has. But as for everyone else, safe to say it's pretty much magic or telekinetics with light flares. = o
she has the power to control death rays from space now that is ownage lol!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-02, 17:31   Link #98
Nutster

Thanks for the explanation, but it just brings up more questions. Seems logical doesn’t work on some of the little details. Yeah, I should just listen to you and let it go before I ruin it, lol, silly me
Old 2006-10-02, 17:49   Link #99
Pastel
For the Future

Common, they've got magical rings opening doors, funky ears, and even a god popping in and out of form. A satellite is the least of your concerns
Old 2006-10-02, 18:07   Link #100
kauldron26
Med Student

guys vote high for utawarerumono on ANIDB.net. It is currently number 6!
Closed Thread